SoS 3.0 - No NA/Ocx Guilds needed

in Looking for...

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

Thanks for the kind words, Achilles.

We’re still shy of where we would like to be in terms of NA. Seems like many are worried about us getting the bandwagon effect, but we’ve decided as a community that we have no desire to return to tier 1 and that won’t be happening here.

in Looking for...

Posted by: Le Rooster.8715

Le Rooster.8715

SEAOFWAGON!!!!!! kidding loll welcome coo, you guys seem coo

Roosters Inc-Team Shatter [TS] Commander
Sea of Sorrows http://www.gw2sos.com/index.php

in Looking for...

Posted by: Avatar of Belle.9623

Don’t worry about becoming the next bandwagon. Just focus on being competitive on T2 and recruit as much NA as you can. To be honest, I see TC as the next bandwagon server.

Threnody of Belle – Necromancer and PvE Carebear (24,500 achievement points)
Maguuma
#allisvain

in Looking for...

Chris.3290

Don’t worry about becoming the next bandwagon. Just focus on being competitive on T2 and recruit as much NA as you can. To be honest, I see TC as the next bandwagon server.

It’s simply not going to happen but everyone (native guilds and guilds thinking about transferring) seem to worry about it more than they should.

Being competitive in T2 is what we are aiming for (T2 being DB and FA) as TC has already become a “baby Tier 1” server.

in Looking for...

Posted by: Gore Wolf Fang.2670

Gore Wolf Fang.2670

main char -Forgotten Vision- [lion]

Hi guys, we moved [lion] to SoS recently from EU (approx two weeks ago) and have to say its a friendly community although the match-ups thus far have been pretty easy so no pressure to test how people react under fire. We’ve brought 50 members over here (with more coming shortly) and enjoy a mix of defending and running organised teams.

So far we’ve made lots of new friends especially the [bear] guys (go team zoo) and [ART] who are a similar style of guild to ourselves. EU time zone seems to be the morning/afternoon crew on your NA server time which suits us at present with our membership meaning we can achieve a lot with 10 men running team builds. As for first impression I can say there is a lot of potential here on SoS the co op is good and people that don’t always agree seem able to put that aside and help out for the server.

Moving here wasn’t taken lightly and we have no intention of moving again we’re looking forward to being a major force on SoS. We have several experienced commanders that have been leading since the first month, although not tagging up much atm just watching how you guys play and getting to grips with all the guilds. We focus on home borders and never on Eternal, so if you see a [lion] team in EB screenie it.

Feel free to contact me in game if you have any further questions.

Regards,

Vision.

in Looking for...

Posted by: Luvpie.8350

Luvpie.8350

main char -Forgotten Vision- [lion]

Hi guys, we moved [lion] to SoS recently from EU (approx two weeks ago) and have to say its a friendly community although the match-ups thus far have been pretty easy so no pressure to test how people react under fire. We’ve brought 50 members over here (with more coming shortly) and enjoy a mix of defending and running organised teams.

So far we’ve made lots of new friends especially the [bear] guys (go team zoo) and [ART] who are a similar style of guild to ourselves. EU time zone seems to be the morning/afternoon crew on your NA server time which suits us at present with our membership meaning we can achieve a lot with 10 men running team builds. As for first impression I can say there is a lot of potential here on SoS the co op is good and people that don’t always agree seem able to put that aside and help out for the server.

Moving here wasn’t taken lightly and we have no intention of moving again we’re looking forward to being a major force on SoS. We have several experienced commanders that have been leading since the first month, although not tagging up much atm just watching how you guys play and getting to grips with all the guilds. We focus on home borders and never on Eternal, so if you see a [lion] team in EB screenie it.

Feel free to contact me in game if you have any further questions.

Regards,

Vision.

Welcome. I like your approach about building a home on SoS. No server is perfect. It’s what you make of it with like-minded individuals. We really needed a SEA/EU guild that focuses on defense. Please let me know if you need any help.

Luvpie

Apply @ Fang-Gaming.US
Follow @twitch.tv/Luvpie

(edited by Luvpie.8350)

in Looking for...

Posted by: Achilles.2197

Achilles.2197

We’re still shy of where we would like to be in terms of NA. Seems like many are worried about us getting the bandwagon effect, but we’ve decided as a community that we have no desire to return to tier 1 and that won’t be happening here.

I have this secret desire to see SoS return to it’s former glory.. but if that’s what you guys are trying to avoid, I hope you get what you want.

As for TC being the ‘baby Tier 1’ server, I still don’t know. I had this discussion with someone else the other day. He thinks they will continue to move upwards, but I think they will stay in T2 and have boring matches until the guilds get fed up and leave. It’s happened before.

I could be wrong, and they could go all out in a T1 matchup as soon as tonight of course. We shall see!

Much love to SoS, I’m hoping to see you guys go up against DB/Maguuma. I think that would be a fun matchup for you guys.

Edit: To stay on topic, I meant it will be fun to watch you guys as you continue to strengthen and take on bigger challenges! Maybe some day I’ll revisit my luvers at SoS

Âchillæs – Jade Quarry – GvG’ing before you knew what it was

in Looking for...

Chris.3290

[lion] hit the ground running, as I could see they were pushing on enemy borderlands from their first day. We’re glad to have you guys!

in Looking for...

Chris.3290

I have this secret desire to see SoS return to it’s former glory.. but if that’s what you guys are trying to avoid, I hope you get what you want.

As for TC being the ‘baby Tier 1’ server, I still don’t know. I had this discussion with someone else the other day. He thinks they will continue to move upwards, but I think they will stay in T2 and have boring matches until the guilds get fed up and leave. It’s happened before.

I could be wrong, and they could go all out in a T1 matchup as soon as tonight of course. We shall see!

Much love to SoS, I’m hoping to see you guys go up against DB/Maguuma. I think that would be a fun matchup for you guys.

Edit: To stay on topic, I meant it will be fun to watch you guys as you continue to strengthen and take on bigger challenges! Maybe some day I’ll revisit my luvers at SoS

The rocketing 3 month ride into T1 was a good experience, but it was becoming and has became more than it should have been. We shouldn’t have internal open letters to other time zones about coverage or shouldn’t be in a place where we are discussing East Coast NA population vs West Coast population as a reason for losing.

TC is in a league of it’s own but there are three servers right now that all servers beneath them cannot compete with due to their off-hours presence, SoS, FA, and DB.

I think most of us would ideally like to get to a place where we can compete on equal ground with the other two servers and get high enough that we don’t get dragged into so many unfair matchups with T5 anymore (though DH and KN were great competitors, it just wasn’t cricket).

After that, whatever happens will happen; but for now we are focusing on having a server that has a strong community that will withstand ups and downs in fortunes. We had the shortest drop of any server that dropped out of T1 (not counting BG moving to number 4 for a month) and we did that because we have a dedicated core of players that is now expanding and we’ll take any success that brings us.

Being in HzH I think you understand that as well.

in Looking for...

Posted by: rchu.8945

rchu.8945

I just checked out www.gw2-seaofsorrows.com and it seems very inactive to me, is there another SoS community site?

Sanctum of Rall
Pain Train Choo [Choo]
Mind Smack – Mesmer

in Looking for...

Chris.3290

I just checked out www.gw2-seaofsorrows.com and it seems very inactive to me, is there another SoS community site?

No, it’s the official. The last two sites had to be closed for various reasons so we are still getting people used to visiting this one.

As you can see, some people are chattier than others.

in Looking for...

rchu.8945

No, it’s the official. The last two sites had to be closed for various reasons so we are still getting people used to visiting this one. Im looking for medium size or larger that has regularly scheduled guild missions and active WvW presence.

Thanks.
r

thanks for the reply,

is there anywhere else I can find info on NA guilds (preferably PvX) that are recruiting? I am active during NA EST prime time.

Sanctum of Rall
Pain Train Choo [Choo]
Mind Smack – Mesmer

in Looking for...

Luvpie.8350

No, it’s the official. The last two sites had to be closed for various reasons so we are still getting people used to visiting this one. Im looking for medium size or larger that has regularly scheduled guild missions and active WvW presence.

Thanks.
r

thanks for the reply,

is there anywhere else I can find info on NA guilds (preferably PvX) that are recruiting? I am active during NA EST prime time.

we can talk tomorrow.

Apply @ Fang-Gaming.US
Follow @twitch.tv/Luvpie

in Looking for...

rchu.8945

Thanks.
r

thanks for the reply,

we can talk tomorrow.

hi,

I just applied to the FANG’s site, hopefully I will hear back from you guys soon.

thanks.

Sanctum of Rall
Pain Train Choo [Choo]
Mind Smack – Mesmer

in Looking for...

Le Rooster.8715

Seriously if you’re an NA guild considering a new home please consider us, our oceanic timezone is among the best in any server our SEA is growing and our EU is also growing we still have one of the lowest NA coverages out of any of the servers from 1-10, it will never be a easy fight for the NA guys and our NA guys have learnt how to work togethor to fight superiour numbers just ask any of our competitors.

If you are looking for a new home please message one of us in game or on forum and we’ll all give you an honest outlook on SoS none of the guilds want guilds that wouldn’t fit with what we’re trying to achieve.

in Looking for...

Luvpie.8350

Thanks.
r

thanks for the reply,

we can talk tomorrow.

hi,

I just applied to the FANG’s site, hopefully I will hear back from you guys soon.

thanks.

sent you message in game.

Apply @ Fang-Gaming.US
Follow @twitch.tv/Luvpie

in Looking for...

Posted by: Erawen.8217

Erawen.8217

Belated welcome to [COO] & [lion]!! Thank you for all the kind words from other servers <3

Not only are we hoping to find some more NA guilds to join the SoS fam, but individuals are welcome to come over & join one of our many awesome hometown guilds.

We have weekly meetings – Fridays at 5pm server time (hour before reset) – They are open to the whole server. If you are considering transferring to SoS you’re welcome to come, listen & ask any questions you might have.

Sea of Swag ~ gw2-seaofsorrows.guildlaunch.com

in Looking for...

Posted by: Aieo.2815

Aieo.2815

I’m one of the many people in SoS and here’s what we did this afternoon. Transitioning from unlocking temples to zerging in WvW.

Grenth: http://www.twitch.tv/humusx/c/2878744

Lyssa: http://www.twitch.tv/humusx/c/2878756

Close call Balthazar: http://www.twitch.tv/humusx/c/2879001

Post temple WvW: http://www.twitch.tv/humusx/c/2879011

Full video: http://www.twitch.tv/humusx/b/456355640

Edit: Sorry in advance for the frame rate drops during big zerg fights
Edit2: I noticed the original video is too long so I broken it into 4 parts.

Sea of Sorrows > Jade Quarry > Sea of Sorrows
Effing rallybot

(edited by Aieo.2815)

in Looking for...

Le Rooster.8715

We focus on home borders and never on Eternal, so if you see a [lion] team in EB screenie it.

Regards,

Vision.

Found ONe!

Attachments:

in Looking for...

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

dem zoom hacks~

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in Looking for...

Posted by: Fozzy.7520

Fozzy.7520

Hey SoS,
Looking for a WvW guild on Aussie time zone preferably. Who is my best bet to get an invite?
Cheers in advance.

in Looking for...

Le Rooster.8715

Hey SoS,
Looking for a WvW guild on Aussie time zone preferably. Who is my best bet to get an invite?
Cheers in advance.

You have a large variety of choice my man,
i’ll let you know about Team Shatter we’re a large PvX+WvW focused guild field 20-40 on a nightly basis. currently at uni but will speak to you ingame once i get home.

Also Australian/NZ based

in Looking for...

Le Rooster.8715

Updated the Guild list, there are still some SoS guilds that need to be added if you wish to be added private message me ingame or on forums.

On another note with the upcoming addition of leagues, there is no better time to transfer to SoS if you’re a NA t1 guild. if you want non stop action where it’s always a challenge message one of our server leaders. In SoS you won’t have to worry about pesky queues or making sure you don’t roll too low because there won’t be any fights there will always be fights. We won’t tell you how to run your guild or play for ppt or play for fights it’s your choice on how you wish to run your guild and we respect that.

cheers

in Looking for...

Posted by: kraftie.4765

kraftie.4765

Hi,
Recently moved to this server from (Darkhaven) and I’m currently looking for Australian based WvW/pvx clans. Any Suggestions?

cheers <3

[Envy]
Sanctum of Rall

in Looking for...

Luvpie.8350

Hi,
Recently moved to this server from (Darkhaven) and I’m currently looking for Australian based WvW/pvx clans. Any Suggestions?

cheers <3

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/recruitment/Sea-of-Sorrows-Version-3-0/first#post2561080

Please look at that post under oceanics. You might want to try SoV/AoA/CB. One of those guilds for Aussies is a great choice.

Apply @ Fang-Gaming.US
Follow @twitch.tv/Luvpie

in Looking for...

Posted by: ko killer.3692

ko killer.3692

All of our Aussie guilds would fit your criteria. best of luck on finding the one that fits you just right!

Jade Quarry- Fang

in Looking for...

Luvpie.8350

Still looking for 1-2 more NA guilds that look for good fights and don’t mind being outnumbered. While some servers are thinking about taking a dive to avoid being in top league SoS has no plans to do this. We play for fun/fights/ppt. Come give us a try!

Apply @ Fang-Gaming.US
Follow @twitch.tv/Luvpie

in Looking for...

Posted by: Lynmari.7419

Lynmari.7419

Hey great show and love for SOS.

in Looking for...

Posted by: D best.3547

D best.3547

I know a majority of CNB is wants to move to SoS. I’ve been visit your guy’s server and have 130 members who do stuff like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXff-ZgSWUM. we get 30-50 on a day from our mandatory WvW time (5-10pm server time) and like to take and upgrade keeps, only problem is we lose them durring the night I hear you can fix that.

Sea of Sorrows
Champion Paragon

in Looking for...

Posted by: Aieo.2815

Aieo.2815

I can’t speak for the server but knowing there’s a consistent and capable guild out there will definitely increase the morale of our EU skeleton crew.

Sea of Sorrows > Jade Quarry > Sea of Sorrows
Effing rallybot

(edited by Aieo.2815)

in Looking for...

Chris.3290

I know a majority of CNB is wants to move to SoS. I’ve been visit your guy’s server and have 130 members who do stuff like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXff-ZgSWUM. we get 30-50 on a day from our mandatory WvW time (5-10pm server time) and like to take and upgrade keeps, only problem is we lose them durring the night I hear you can fix that.

You have any idea how nice it is to wake up and see three waypoints on the home BL’s and see every structure in the enemy borderlands be made of plywood?

in Looking for...

Posted by: D best.3547

D best.3547

You have any idea how nice it is to wake up and see three waypoints on the home BL’s and see every structure in the enemy borderlands be made of plywood?

Yup our guild leader just had a little meeting with you guys and you are our #1 choice I look forward to playing with you guys in a week or so… when we get the funds to transfer.

EDIT: some people got confused I meant to say SoS is currently our #1 server choice the final desicion will be known on Monday.

Sea of Sorrows
Champion Paragon

(edited by D best.3547)

in Looking for...

Posted by: Starshine.9286

Starshine.9286

Lok foward to seeing/hearing from you guys!!

Lvl 80 Necro
Quaggan Zergs!!!

in Looking for...

Le Rooster.8715

If you’re sick of the t1 arms race take a look at SoS, we have cookies.

in Looking for...

Posted by: Heizero.9183

Heizero.9183

My guild is looking to move, well what’s left of it. There will be about 6 of us transferring and we don’t feel like it would be worth it to keep our current guild and build back up with so few (after already having a fully maxed guild). We are mostly NA evening players when we group up and i was using this as an opportunity to find out what guild options were out there for us on SoS. We usually like small team/ havoc squad play but we are adaptable.

Commander Unyielding Shadow – Human Thief
Champion Shadow
Better Luck Next Time [BLNT]-Sea of Sorrows

in Looking for...

Luvpie.8350

@ Heizero We can chat tomorrow in game or ts3 to see if we right fit and how we play.

Apply @ Fang-Gaming.US
Follow @twitch.tv/Luvpie

in Looking for...

Le Rooster.8715

Welcome Prescribed [Rx] =)
Also welcome CNB Chuck Norris is Back

(edited by Le Rooster.8715)

in Looking for...

Posted by: Drakonian.8279

Drakonian.8279

Big welcome to our new guilds!! See you on the battlefield!

in Looking for...

Posted by: katsu.4052

katsu.4052

Thanks! So excited to be here. Great community.

http://prescribedrx.com/
NA | Sea of Sorrows

in Looking for...

Chris.3290

Our NA is looking a lot stronger these days. Still looking for some more folks who want to make a long-term home and help us achieve our goal of becoming a stable Tier 2 server.

in Looking for...

Posted by: Vi Au.8341

Vi Au.8341

We are currently looking for more NA guilds, our oceanic/SEA/EU coverage is pretty good we just need more NA guilds to help balance it out.

How about a trade. Mag will send over 1 NA guild and you will send over one oceanic/SEA guild?

i think it would be fair.

in Looking for...

Le Rooster.8715

We are currently looking for more NA guilds, our oceanic/SEA/EU coverage is pretty good we just need more NA guilds to help balance it out.

How about a trade. Mag will send over 1 NA guild and you will send over one oceanic/SEA guild?

i think it would be fair.

lol no thanks, plus our strength isn’t in the oceanic or SEA guild strength it’s in the miltia.

in Looking for...

Posted by: Nyx Xox.3540

Nyx Xox.3540

Just begun our transfer over to SOS. So far everyone is really friendly. We had some fun running with our Rx guys and some new friends from SOS server. OCX time was pretty hilarious too! Looking forward to this up coming reset. SOS you have been great to CNB so far<3

Its Nyx Yo
[CNB] Guild leader/Commander
Sea of Sorrows

in Looking for...

Le Rooster.8715

We’re growing just need roughly 2-3 more NA guilds 1 EB and 2 bl NA guilds and 1-2 more SEA guilds aswell as if possible 1 more EU guild.

in Looking for...

Posted by: ZaCeze.9416

ZaCeze.9416

I’ve recently transferred over to SoS from Kaineng, Do take care of me!

Gumiho/Warrior Dessivie/Mesmer
I’m just a dolyak with presents on its back.
Ex-Kaineng→ IOJ Magnificient

in Looking for...

Luvpie.8350

Here on SoS we like to play defense more then other servers. Just because our doors are open doesn’t mean the fight is over!

Come give us a try and have some fun!

Apply @ Fang-Gaming.US
Follow @twitch.tv/Luvpie

in Looking for...

Luvpie.8350

Here on SoS we like to play defense more then other servers. Just because our doors are open doesn’t mean the fight is over!

Come give us a try and have some fun!

Apply @ Fang-Gaming.US
Follow @twitch.tv/Luvpie

in Looking for...

Posted by: Grav.3568

Grav.3568

Yes, everyone please join SoS. If they can make it into the gold league, I won’t have to deal with their kittened night time numbers for a nice long time. <3

in Looking for...

Posted by: Coldtart.4785

Coldtart.4785

You would rather deal with DB’s SEA instead? =D

in Looking for...

Chris.3290

please be kind and not hijack our thread.

SoS’s attitude since we lost our bandwagoneers has been that we’ll be placed at where we belong.
Some of us would rather not be in Gold League, but if we really are the #6 server then perhaps we belong there.

Judging by last night (as well as we could) we’re pretty close to FA in strength and with a little more in NA we’ll be at the strength we’ve been aiming for.