SoS - The Comeback Kid [Recruitment]

in Looking for...

Posted by: Erawen.8217

Erawen.8217

Sea of Sorrows has traveled a long road up to this point. We’ve had multiple matches with close calls as we climbed the WvW ladder to the very top rung. And then we fell right back down again. To no less than precisely where we began.

Six months has changed a lot. New tactics, new experiences and new faces – not least from now being able to see who you are actually fighting half the time. Through it all, Sea of Sorrows has found new resolve, stronger and bolder than ever before. You may have struck us down, but because of that we have become more powerful than you could have ever imagined.

http://i47.tinypic.com/349ayhv.jpg

We will not bore you to tears with the minutia – instead, we shall show you our resolve and focus. Here is a picture of our battle-hardened leaders plotting the downfall of our enemies:
http://i45.tinypic.com/2nv87sl.jpg

Here too is a picture of our crack troops waging war and laying waste to our foes:
http://i46.tinypic.com/20hld75.jpg

Yes, that is correct. We have embraced the idea that WvW is actually supposed to be enjoyable, not just a second occupation. Long gone are the days of needing to stay on for another two hours because you’re behind on ppt and you have that coverage gap. Roll on the days when you spend another four hours in there anyway just because it was actually good fun and the “I’ll go to bed after we flip this next tower” strategy just didn’t work.

Sea of Sorrows has even embraced those which other “communinty-focused” worlds pushed to the side: Those who are inclined to PvE, those indecisive PvX folk, and even the rare and endanged PvP species. They are ALL welcome into our community. We do not believe in “All calls” or “gear checks” anymore. We have created a community that is accepting to any and all players.

It is because of this community foundation, that we are doing quite well in T4. So whats the problem then? Well, we’re doing a little bit too well. Realistically, we’re facing a situation where, at best, we are going to bounce between T3 and T4 – being too strong for one, but not strong enough for the other. At worst, we just end up with rather lengthy stays in T3. We don’t really mind winning or not, but if we’re going to be thrust up a tier, we’d at least like to be competitive to ensure an enjoyable fight between the worlds.

We would like to field more active WvWers across all prime-times (NA, SEA and EU); ideally bringing in guilds who enjoy all aspects of GW2 and are happy to support the server community. We would like to be cautious here, taking on smaller numbers in known coverage gaps, perhaps underestimating the numbers that we might require to create a balanced tier, but we consider underestimating how many are required to create a competitive match more favorable than bringing in too many. In our eyes a competitive match isn’t being able to win in every timezone, it’s each world having their own strength(s) and being able to avoid being completely dominated outside of that. We are not necessarily aiming to win.

We are also in no particular rush. We would prefer that interested players and guilds take the time to get to know our community and be sure that we’re the right world for them to call home.

For some specifics, here is what we have to offer

+ Community Teamspeak
+ Community website (gw2sos.com) with an active event calendar. All guilds are welcome to post events!
+ Weekly WvW meetings to discuss strategy
+ General Community Meetings held every other week
+ Strong Oceanic base (we truly still do have the best Oceanics out there!)
+ Lack of Laggy Zergs! (And Queues)!
+ Active cooperation between guilds!
+ High Value for Small Ops!
+ Strong PvE community (both NA & SEA) – Working on Legendary? Come grind with us! Need a temple open? Our PvE Commanders open temples on a regular basis to help people get their karma gear.
+ Multiple guilds on SoS work together weekly to do t3 bounties – meaning guilds who are smaller, or more WvW focused can still get in on the action without needing to do much organizing themselves!
+ Most of all – a family type community where people help each other and reach across the boundaries of guilds to all players in SoS.

If you are interested in learning more please feel free to contact Luvpie (NA) at themeraldfang@gmail.com, Arakeem (EU) at charon@villanousity.com, or Rooster (SEA) at LeRooster.sos@gmail.com.

I will leave you with a video featuring some of the sexy ladies of SoS being mischievous!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrIAuld62Gc

Sea of Swag ~ gw2-seaofsorrows.guildlaunch.com

(edited by Erawen.8217)

in Looking for...

Posted by: problematic.9623

problematic.9623

I could not ask for better travel companions on that long road Errawen. The sexy ladies on Sea of Sorrows are a pleasant bonus. I would always join battle with you and Touch of Prophecy. Truly, this then, is the best way to honor the legacy of Kurthos. We do not forget the passion that propelled us to win. Now though, we fight for a different cause, we fight for each other…and will greatly enjoy the ride.

Phun – Guardian
I renounce my hibernation and return.
Sea of Sorrows survivor – Currently on Blackgate

in Looking for...

Posted by: Le Rooster.8715

Le Rooster.8715

Sea of Sorrows is a reslient and close community, we all have respect for each other as we all swayed the temptations of bandwagoning and decided to help re-build the community and fix our problems rather than run from them. If any small ops guilds in the high tiers are even slightly annoyed with Queue times/zergs/lag/not being able to do anything with less than 30 people just give one of us a pm ingame or a message or email.

Roosters Inc-Team Shatter [TS] Commander
Sea of Sorrows http://www.gw2sos.com/index.php

in Looking for...

Posted by: Cameron.2315

Cameron.2315

#Sea of Swag

in Looking for...

Posted by: Tobias Steele.2071

Tobias Steele.2071

I travelled and changed servers many times to find one with a community I could not only tolerate, but enjoy being a part of, win or lose. HOD, DB, IOJ all had their good points, but none of them hold a candle to the sense of community and desire to be the best we could be idealism, that I found on SOS.
The fact is, Sea of Sorrows takes wvw extremely seriously, but we never let that fact take away from the fun we have in doing non wvw community related activities.
training people new to the game to be the best they can be is something this server does better than any other, whether that’s in wvw, spvp or pve.
If you love having fun, enjoy wvw and being sociable then SOS is the server for you.

Entropy, Class lead Necromancer.
Tarnished Coast.

in Looking for...

Le Rooster.8715

If any body is travelling to Sea of Sorrows alone, their are plenty of guilds to choose from.

The guild that i am in Team Shatter [TS] are infact currently recruiting for those WvW focused people, we are a large International PVX guild with 350+ members across NA and Oceanic/SEA timezones check out our website if you are interested.

in Looking for...

Posted by: Calvin.5380

Calvin.5380

SoS has some great guilds that have stuck around with their server in harsh times, and deserves to bounce back. They have my respect as an opponent, and my endorsement as a great server to be on. Good luck, guys!

Dragonbrand

in Looking for...

Posted by: Eternalight.4708

Eternalight.4708

From day 1 baby, let the good times roll!

level 80 Thief – Home Sweet [Home] – Black Lion Mercenary Corps [MERC] ~ Sea of Sorrows

in Looking for...

Posted by: Truth.2164

Truth.2164

I love this post, because its true. We have been through a lot on this server. Speaking from when my guild first picked SoS and started in the first beta weekend, we are still here SoS for life!!

Truth – 80 Elementalist | FaTe – Hand Of Fate http://www.hand-of-fate.net
SoS Commander (Proud to call SoS my home since BW1)

in Looking for...

Posted by: Aneu.1748

Aneu.1748

I miss u Erawen!

Aneu | [VoTF]
http://www.votf.net

in Looking for...

Erawen.8217

Aneu <3 I love you like a fat kid loves cake!!!!!!!!

in Looking for...

Le Rooster.8715

SoS has some great guilds that have stuck around with their server in harsh times, and deserves to bounce back. They have my respect as an opponent, and my endorsement as a great server to be on. Good luck, guys!

Thanks champ, Dragonbrand is one of those special servers which tier 1 guilds always overlook but finally you waited patiently and you got a awesome guild in EMP, hopefully we can attract something similar aswell =)

in Looking for...

Posted by: Seren.6850

Seren.6850

I am having the most fun in SoS nowdays then ever before, now the server is almost like one big guild. We are helping each other flip temples, doing fractals on the community team speak with people from all different guilds. Working well with each other in WvW and the new guild events. Never been a better time to check us out.

SoS original -“They mostly come out at night … mostly”
[FIRE] Serene Snow, Warrior

in Looking for...

Posted by: iNtotheblue.8624

iNtotheblue.8624

<3 errawen and the rest of the SOS family

Intotheblue | Tiny Guardsman | Tiny Exorcist
Commander of [OCX] Sanctum of Rall
http://oceanix.com.au/forum.php

in Looking for...

Eternalight.4708

I am having the most fun in SoS nowdays then ever before, now the server is almost like one big guild. We are helping each other flip temples, doing fractals on the community team speak with people from all different guilds. Working well with each other in WvW and the new guild events. Never been a better time to check us out.

I’m inclined to agree, i have noticed a good positive shift server-wide & i like it.

Which reminds me, i’m gonna have to bug the community for help with the guilds bounty, our scheduled runs have halted >,>

Royal pain in the….mmm yeah

(\_ /)
(o, o)
(> <)

level 80 Thief – Home Sweet [Home] – Black Lion Mercenary Corps [MERC] ~ Sea of Sorrows

in Looking for...

Posted by: ARM.3912

ARM.3912

SOS just zergs. When I fought them they were devoid of any decent gameplay.

in Looking for...

Posted by: Tobias Steele.2071

Tobias Steele.2071

Lol someone from GOM saying we’re devoid of decent gameplay… If you ever manage to escape t8 and actually accomplish something get back to me. Until then go back to playing with your five man mega zergs.

Entropy, Class lead Necromancer.
Tarnished Coast.

in Looking for...

Eternalight.4708

Such a generalized term. Troll-baiting are we? And this was…when? I think too long ago.

SoS has adapted well overtime & now, building on it, which is great by the way, we’re having tons of fun! but you wouldn’t know that, running assumptions & all.

Move along.

On-topic: Erawen, how are we doing so far?

in Looking for...

Posted by: Luvpie.8350

Luvpie.8350

Awesome post! Hopefully NA guilds in Tier 4-8 that have outgrown their server tactically and want a little more competitive fight give us a look. We currently have the weakest NA out of T1-4 so here’s hoping for 1-2 guilds before our eventual move up to T3.

See you all in game.

Apply @ Fang-Gaming.US
Follow @twitch.tv/Luvpie

in Looking for...

Posted by: Pervin.5036

Pervin.5036

Was a pleasure fighting against SoS. I’ve always found their guilds and people respectful and friendly. If you’re looking for that in a community, you cannot go wrong with SoS

[HB] Commander Skarlack – Necro
http://blackgatewvw.com/

in Looking for...

Posted by: wookie.8934

wookie.8934

Was a pleasure fighting against SoS. I’ve always found their guilds and people respectful and friendly. If you’re looking for that in a community, you cannot go wrong with SoS

Agreed. My guild came from SOS before its downfall and moved to FA. There are points where I sometimes miss SOS and the good times we had.

Here’s hoping you guys can really make a comeback.

Havok Legion [HL]
Fort Aspenwood

in Looking for...

Erawen.8217

So far we have had a few emails from individuals, which is awesome imo. As Rooster said there are plenty of awesome guilds to choose from (and really it’s all just one big party). Please don’t hesitate to send us a message if you have any questions!

Thank you to the kind words from Calvin & Pervin & Wookie

ps. You’re my boy intotheBLUE! Miss you guys, hope all is going well for y’all.

(edited by Erawen.8217)

in Looking for...

Posted by: AlfieStowers.4219

AlfieStowers.4219

A few friends and I are looking at transferring over. We are mainly roamers, but this post has helped a bit with our decisions on what to do. Will keep posted maybe in-game.

Ze Illusionist – (OG)

in Looking for...

Posted by: Alex Caputo.7863

Alex Caputo.7863

ya i had great fights with you guys when it was YB vs SoS vs DB. wish you luck!

thehappybeard
Guild: Gotta Stomp Em [All]
Sea of Sorrows

in Looking for...

Le Rooster.8715

A few friends and I are looking at transferring over. We are mainly roamers, but this post has helped a bit with our decisions on what to do. Will keep posted maybe in-game.

awesome, if you guys are make sure you introduce yourselves on the website!

in Looking for...

Eternalight.4708

So far we have had a few emails from individuals, which is awesome imo. As Rooster said there are plenty of awesome guilds to choose from (and really it’s all just one big party). Please don’t hesitate to send us a message if you have any questions!

Thank you to the kind words from Calvin & Pervin & Wookie

ps. You’re my boy intotheBLUE! Miss you guys, hope all is going well for y’all.

Sounds promising I’ll have to “wink wink….nudge nudge..” a few friends to move to us. It will be interesting to see how the coming weeks play out as it looks next week we may bump up a tier as the ratings are fairly close.

Y’all know you want to come have some fun people, we got milk & cookies & have cake!

Just be careful not to chew on teh badges! Omnomnom.

in Looking for...

Luvpie.8350

Welcome to our newest friends on SoS: [RED] Awakened to Redemption. Growing slowly but surely. If you are tired of skill lag in T1-2 and looking for small scale fights check out SoS. We currently need NA/SEA/EU.

Apply @ Fang-Gaming.US
Follow @twitch.tv/Luvpie

in Looking for...

Le Rooster.8715

We need NA guilds to help balance out our coverage in anticipation for our return to tier 3 which we would need to be able to give Magz and Yak’s a run for their money during NA

in Looking for...

Posted by: zastari.1730

zastari.1730

We need NA guilds to help balance out our coverage in anticipation for our return to tier 3 which we would need to be able to give Magz and Yak’s a run for their money during NA

If you give either of us a run for our money in NA you’d run over us in the morning with your Oceanic. How about we trade?

Tsarazi – 80 Asuran Mesmer [DERP]
Maguuma

in Looking for...

Luvpie.8350

SoS is having lots of fun even with lower numbers we are doing great in T4. Check out our militia’s shenanigans in EB borderland. We had wiped SBI zerg before this clip starts and then CD zerg came moments later. We love being the frosting in this trio.

Apply @ Fang-Gaming.US
Follow @twitch.tv/Luvpie

in Looking for...

Posted by: OZFugazi.6178

OZFugazi.6178

call answered.

fun server. having a good time with it and for the most part organized and cheerful zerg mates

would like to thank Luv, Slim, Rooster, and the GoD guild for letting me run with last night. nice to run with organized crew and humor in chat to boot. could only imagine the laughs in voice. (have yet to join that)

makes the purchase of a new account worth the bother. (refuse to xfer main accnt from BG)

all the best and highly recommended
oz.

in Looking for...

Seren.6850

Look forward to chatting to you on our voice server when you get around to it, slim and HLX always entertain me.

in Looking for...

Le Rooster.8715

If you give either of us a run for our money in NA you’d run over us in the morning with your Oceanic. How about we trade?

Haha we like our oceanics too much, looks like you guys have picked up on some oceanic though which is always good to see.

in Looking for...

Posted by: Iconoklast.2389

Iconoklast.2389

If you’re looking for a more relaxed and forgiving guild, Tyrian Continuum [TC] is always willing to accept new members. I personally am always in WvW but we do a little bit of everything and there’s always someone on that is willing to party up. Mayhem is always more fun with company We have teamspeak as well. If you’re interested feel free to PM or mail me or PM any of these fine people:
Sionn Frost – frozen.7130 (leader)
Zharuu – Talae.4086
Autotuned – Xceptional.8124
OmegaFat.1687

See you on the battlefields!

Iconoklast – Guardian / Icono Clone – Mesmer
Tiny Icono – Engineer / The Icono – Elementalist
SoS – Empyrean Knights [EK] YB – The Coasters [TC]

in Looking for...

Luvpie.8350

Still looking for 1-2 NA guilds to balance the numbers during NA timezone in T4 & possible return to T3 somewhere down the road. We have a community TS3 which can be used by any transferred guilds. We also have a community hosted guild bounty/rush so guilds that do transfer won’t lose out any commendations. If you have any interested come have a chat with us.

Cheers

Luvpie

Apply @ Fang-Gaming.US
Follow @twitch.tv/Luvpie

in Looking for...

Seren.6850

Come have some fun with us on Sea of Sorrows, our latest antics http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrIAuld62Gc

in Looking for...

Le Rooster.8715

Sea of Sorrows=House Targaryan WHO will be our Unsullied?

in Looking for...

Posted by: Coldtart.4785

Coldtart.4785

I knew SoS would be a great server way back when I first moved to it. First wvw fight I went to and a single comm with a pug zerg thwarted a larger guild group with the gloriously simple strat of DISTRACTION CARNIFEX TREB. It had to sting to watch an upgraded keep go down without so much as a single defender to preserve it.

in Looking for...

Posted by: The Ajax.4967

The Ajax.4967

Love SOS! any newcomers are welcome in [ftp] feelthepain, a largely NA guild. We are a “family” guild of around 50 members and growing daily:) we enjoy doing all aspects of the game! We do alot of stealth raids in wvw (lots of satisfaction in taking a t3 hill from under the opponents nose!)

Pm Evin Arris or Krybaby for more info!

But yes, SOS has an amazing community and we are growing stronger and more positive with every passing day. Definitely the comeback kid

Evin Arris

(edited by The Ajax.4967)

in Looking for...

Luvpie.8350

We have Guild bounty/rush/challenges open to SoS citizens so if you move to Sea of Sorrows and have to reupgrade your guild your members won’t miss out on commendations. Come be part of the community!

gw2sos.com

Apply @ Fang-Gaming.US
Follow @twitch.tv/Luvpie

in Looking for...

Posted by: SilverLeaf.4790

SilverLeaf.4790

After guesting here a few times, I transferred to SOS nearly two weeks ago, and I am very happy with my decision to move here. Everyone I have met has been friendly and helpful. There really is a great community spirit on SOS, come and see for yourself

in Looking for...

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

I can’t begin to tell you how nice it is to have a fully committed PvX community. You get on our community TS and join as 3 guilds take out every temple in Orr, and go cap all the enemy towers in EB to round out the night.

That’s just Wednesdays for us LOL.

We offer competitive WvW (STILL one of the most dangerous NA nighttime presences in the game), community organized guild missions, PvE events, and none of the ego or defeatism that is present on many other servers.

in Looking for...

Posted by: Anamelia Ladyhawk.3689

Anamelia Ladyhawk.3689

If you are looking for a great community… SoS is it.

Community Event Beach Blast coming May 18th… come join us.

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/82474-event-sos-beach-blast/

in Looking for...

Posted by: Phedre Scion.1520

Phedre Scion.1520

Having a blast in SOS. We love wvw but take the time for community enjoyment. Come join us.

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/82474-event-sos-beach-blast/

in Looking for...

Posted by: Anamelia Ladyhawk.3689

Anamelia Ladyhawk.3689

Looking to transfer to SoS? Check out the Forums for a list of guilds recruiting… http://gw2sos.com

in Looking for...

Luvpie.8350

Recently transferred to SoS and i can happily save i love it
Great community for both PvE and WvW its really excellent, come on over and try it out for yourself! i can guarantee you, you wont regret it.

Just like Hunter you can find a new home in SoS. Not only are we looking for soldiers; we are also looking for commanders to lead our militia during EU/NA timezones. If you are willing come have a brief conversation with us to see if SoS is right for you!

Cheers

Luvpie

Apply @ Fang-Gaming.US
Follow @twitch.tv/Luvpie

(edited by Luvpie.8350)

in Looking for...

Le Rooster.8715

A big warm welcome to our new guild

Order of the Rightious Legion an NA guild [ORL]

you will all be fantastic additions.

in Looking for...

Le Rooster.8715

Also another addition to the server
Bloodchaos [BC] a SEA guild great to have you on board.

in Looking for...

Posted by: Otokomae.9356

Otokomae.9356

Oh Erawen, like a lot of people here, I too miss your passion for the game and for your comrades. As someone who played on SoS back in Tier 4 and was there as they moved all the way to #1 in Tier, then back down to Tier 2, I can easily recommend this server to anyone looking for a great community (^_^)!

Bakuon/Bakuon Thief [MAS]/ ex-[ATac]

in Looking for...

Posted by: Otokomae.9356

Otokomae.9356

Why does this thread automatically skip to a blank “Page 2” whenever I click on it?

EDIT: Problem solved, apparently! For some reason, this thread was automatically going straight to Page 2 earlier, despite not having ANY posts on Page 2 yet.
lol

Bakuon/Bakuon Thief [MAS]/ ex-[ATac]