Stop stacking servers

Stop stacking servers

in Looking for...

Posted by: cimon.5798

cimon.5798

hi how are you all doing today i come to make a request. all of you who bandwagoned off your original home server please return to it whatever it was so this game can possibly be fun again. now before i hear but the cost of gems or im not moving because of X or Y just think about all the boredom youve caused yourself and other gamers on this game and see if you feel justified after you take that into account

Stop stacking servers

in Looking for...

Posted by: Phedre Scion.1520

Phedre Scion.1520

Lol-how far back must they go? When gw2 started-go back to that server?

Stop stacking servers

in Looking for...

Posted by: Asudementio.8526

Asudementio.8526

You could not force me back to GoM with a gun to my head. Everyone who transfers has a reason and almost always it is because they seek to gain and improve their experience by moving. No one leaves a server that is best for them. Population stacking is a problem and one that should be addressed by Anet and the players who are leaving for poor reasons, but it is never so great a problem that players should move to servers that are bad for them. Because players on another server suffer for my leaving is not reason enough to suggest anyone should feel bad about looking for greener pastures, perhaps if more servers were inviting there would be less stacking.

Leader of [Suh]
My moves are fresh, like my groceries.
#TeamEvonforever

Stop stacking servers

in Looking for...

Posted by: Easterbunny.6170

Easterbunny.6170

Well hm.

Gee, Im from GoM and apparently I started WvWing AFTER some sort of major drama where all sorts of people left for all sorts of reasons, and frankly…I really like the attidude we have NOW and if anything we want more people like the people we have, not people with old drama.

Who would want to go and rehash all sorts of old BS anyhow?

Mummies R Us
Gates of Madness Community
DUI Co-Founder

Stop stacking servers

in Looking for...

Asudementio.8526

Well hm.

Gee, Im from GoM and apparently I started WvWing AFTER some sort of major drama where all sorts of people left for all sorts of reasons, and frankly…I really like the attidude we have NOW and if anything we want more people like the people we have, not people with old drama.

Who would want to go and rehash all sorts of old BS anyhow?

To be fair i did leave a while ago, but the point i was trying to make is that when things aren’t good it is natural to look elsewhere and when you find somewhere right for you you should stick there.

Btw it seems like you are the one trying to start drama, careful.

Leader of [Suh]
#TeamEvonforever

Stop stacking servers

in Looking for...

Posted by: bokkieskitten.8023

bokkieskitten.8023

You could not force me back to GoM with a gun to my head. Everyone who transfers has a reason and almost always it is because they seek to gain and improve their experience by moving. No one leaves a server that is best for them. Population stacking is a problem and one that should be addressed by Anet and the players who are leaving for poor reasons, but it is never so great a problem that players should move to servers that are bad for them. Because players on another server suffer for my leaving is not reason enough to suggest anyone should feel bad about looking for greener pastures, perhaps if more servers were inviting there would be less stacking.

I second this post. I would NEVER go back to GoM, not even with two guns, boondock saints style, at the back of my head!

Her Majesty Lillium Honeybuns, Queen of IoJ[BUNS]
Companion of Starlight Honeybuns.
You stole me, and I stole you.

Stop stacking servers

in Looking for...

Posted by: Sororita.3465

Sororita.3465

.I really like the attidude we have NOW and if anything we want more people like the people we have,

well i hope they ALL decided to transfer to GoM.

Commander Starlight Honeybuns[BUNS]
Timelord to Lillium Honeybuns, IoJ
Forever together, or not at all.

Stop stacking servers

in Looking for...

Posted by: Pichichi.1975

Pichichi.1975

I am day 1 Mag what should I do help please advise

Tukuku – Mesmer / Mimiyukii -Thief / Sailor Mimi – Necromancer
[DERP] [iRez]

Stop stacking servers

in Looking for...

Posted by: ykyk.2740

ykyk.2740

Wait you are saying people are transferring to big servers in a game mode where big servers win more, capture more objectives, and get more rewards? You want people to stop doing it? Really.

Stop stacking servers

in Looking for...

Easterbunny.6170

Lets try this again.

My understanding of GOM history:

7 months ago stuff happened.

Lots of wvw people transferred off, including all the commanders who started the drama in the first place.

6 months ago knowing none of this I began WvWing.

Gom in my whole history has been a very enjoyable place to WvW.

Why would we who are here OR those that left want to go through whatever the heck causes random people to go straight to the most inflamatory things they can say again?

guns to the head, hitler, etc with 0 idea of how things are after 90% of the old guard transferred off. Why force them somewhere that is so negative to them?

Why would I, someone lucky enough to join GOM post explosion be foced to deal with said drama?

Why pick old scars?

Mummies R Us
DUI Co-Founder

(edited by Easterbunny.6170)

Stop stacking servers

in Looking for...

Posted by: Avatar of Belle.9623

Be counter culture. Go on smaller servers for roaming/small man fights.

Threnody of Belle – Necromancer and PvE Carebear (24,500 achievement points)
Maguuma
#allisvain

Stop stacking servers

in Looking for...

Asudementio.8526

My apologies i think i mistakenly derailed this thread. I was trying to bring the perspective of someone who has transferred and that my feelings post transfer are so strong that i wouldn’t consider my “home” server a fit place for me to be anymore. I wasn’t trying to call out any servers, i wasn’t trying to discuss what properties of a server warrant someone to transfer i just wanted to make it know that people don’t transfer to break WvW match-ups they transfer because they are looking for somewhere better for them than where they are. My apologies to anyone on GoM if you’ve taken issue with what i said, i should have never mentioned the server i transferred from. For the record i transferred the first week of October…. in 2012.

Leader of [Suh]
#TeamEvonforever

Stop stacking servers

in Looking for...

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

People often transfer for good reasons. Maybe they don’t like the people or had an embarrassing episode and rumors flew.

Maybe the other major guilds spent all their time fighting centaurs in the home BL (why we left CD, a long ways back of course).

A positive server community and supportive guild always trump “server pride” in terms of quality of play.

Stop stacking servers

in Looking for...

Easterbunny.6170

Asudementio no biggie man. Just did not want you misunderstanding my post as some being negative to your feelings. You are certainly welcome to them.

Buns troll duo: You made the right decision for yourselves in leaving. And frankly probably for those of us here. I would bet you never got on TS and talked to anyone, didn’t bother using the forums that were made to bring the server together etc. I truly hope you enjoy your new home.

Your complaint that people stepped up to stop a major backslide that you apparently were not even aware of, well, its valid for you I guess.

Mummies R Us
DUI Co-Founder

Stop stacking servers

in Looking for...

Posted by: Boonprot.6274

Boonprot.6274

Transferring in itself is fine, it’s the NA obsession with over-populating T1 that’s the issue. T1 servers currently out-coverage everyone else by a large margin, so you see a significant discrepancy between T2 and T1. BG is a perfect example of this because of the sheer number of guilds they bought in preparation for Season 1. All for a mini dolyak, 100 Dragonite, 500 luck, an exotic, and a bunch of other garbage.

Winning matchups in GW2 means literally nothing. You get no reward, no prestige. Best to choose a server whose community you really enjoy and focus on having fun.

Supreme Commander Boonprot, Lord Regent of the Portals
Boonprot 80 G
[Ark] Maguuma

Stop stacking servers

in Looking for...

cimon.5798

im pretty sure i asked the bandwagoners to come back to their origional servers. not the people who got treated poorly by their server or the folks who didnt like their server because they didnt serve punch on fridays at the softball game after wvw.

Stop stacking servers

in Looking for...

Posted by: Phedre Scion.1520

Phedre Scion.1520

im pretty sure i asked the bandwagoners to come back to their origional servers. not the people who got treated poorly by their server or the folks who didnt like their server because they didnt serve punch on fridays at the softball game after wvw.

If that last phrase was the type of attitude I saw on my server I would leave too.

Stop stacking servers

in Looking for...

Posted by: Maelwaedd.5842

Maelwaedd.5842

Transferring in itself is fine, it’s the NA obsession with over-populating T1 that’s the issue. T1 servers currently out-coverage everyone else by a large margin, so you see a significant discrepancy between T2 and T1. BG is a perfect example of this because of the sheer number of guilds they bought in preparation for Season 1. All for a mini dolyak, 100 Dragonite, 500 luck, an exotic, and a bunch of other garbage.

Winning matchups in GW2 means literally nothing. You get no reward, no prestige. Best to choose a server whose community you really enjoy and focus on having fun.

Hey Boon, if you dont mind could you list any of the number of guilds BG bought in for seasons or are you just sharing the SoR cool-aid

and yes I agree that there is an obsession with stacking servers, which is why I chose to join BG over 16 months ago when it was not a stacked server and firmly a t2 server, yes there has been a number of guilds transfer to BG since then but I do not believe that wvw guilds are the major cause of the stacking effect rather the unknown number of unguilded players who transfer to the perceived winning server which amplifies those wvw guild transfers, people crying stacked will just encourage others to join the server not discourage

too many people want and are rewarded for transferring to winning servers, there is no incentive to join TC, SoS, FA or Mag (to use as examples). Personally if I was looking to transfer today i wouldnt be joining BG, SoR or JQ but one of those T2 servers, but then most people are not looking for the target rich environment but rather they look for the path of least resistance

Maelwaedd Sylvari Necromancer Blackgate
Resonance WvW Officer
http://resonancegaming.com.au

Stop stacking servers

in Looking for...

cimon.5798

If that last phrase was the type of attitude I saw on my server I would leave too.

i don’t see any attitude it was more of a poor attempt at being funny didn’t mean to offend you or anyone else for that matter. what my intent was is getting this derailed thread back to my point. as every post that followed my original was kinda not on topic but kinda on at the same time so i figured to be more specific would encourage the kind of conversation i was going for. and i know what im doing here will not change anything but i was hopeing that since the wvw end of season chest was so godawful that maybe the bandwagon folks might find it in their hearts to return to the servers they so coldly abandoned for posibilitys of fourtune

Stop stacking servers

in Looking for...

Posted by: Sororita.3465

Sororita.3465

Buns troll duo: You made the right decision for yourselves in leaving. And frankly probably for those of us here. I would bet you never got on TS and talked to anyone, didn’t bother using the forums that were made to bring the server together etc. I truly hope you enjoy your new home.

Made the best decision for ourselves leaving, best decision according to a lot of other guilds that transferred off even to other servers than we did. We were on TS every day until we were pushed out due to harassment, alot of people also liked us commanding but once again we were pushed out. I personally had over 37% of all posts on the original site made this year for the server when i left, many posts talking about group comps etc but went completely ignored, but continue on with random unsupported statements thrown at you through the grape vine. Only troll those who are worthy of the trolling, the Mad Alliance ( or is it fairy cup cake circle party now?) is definitely deserving of it.

Kind of hilarious just how ridiculous it was towards the end, getting blamed for every mishap that happened to the server, getting blamed as spies, getting blamed for every supply waste, even getting blamed for things when we weren’t even online. If thats the thing you want to stay with then enjoy staying (in line) and well enjoy not being back there.

This whole thread was a bad idea, people leave for their own reasons and no one should guilt anyone. If you want to do better in WvW, recruit new people from your high population base or train the ones you already have better.

Commander Starlight Honeybuns[BUNS]
Timelord to Lillium Honeybuns, IoJ
Forever together, or not at all.

Stop stacking servers

in Looking for...

Posted by: Warthog.6870

Warthog.6870

If you moved away from Maguuma, please consider staying where you are.

Mag [DERP] [Goon]

Stop stacking servers

in Looking for...

Posted by: SleepingDragon.1596

SleepingDragon.1596

If you moved away from Maguuma, please consider staying where you are.

Will Maguuma pay me to come visit? I never been on Maguuma.

-S o S-

Stop stacking servers

in Looking for...

Posted by: Boonprot.6274

Boonprot.6274

Hey Boon, if you dont mind could you list any of the number of guilds BG bought in for seasons or are you just sharing the SoR cool-aid

Literally every single WvW guild on Maguuma was approached by both BG and JQ with offers to pay our transfer fees. It happened, accept it. No one cares, it’s done, whatever. Glad some other guilds took your offers and you got your free exotic ? ? idk ? ?

Supreme Commander Boonprot, Lord Regent of the Portals
Boonprot 80 G
[Ark] Maguuma

Stop stacking servers

in Looking for...

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

You could not force me back to GoM with a gun to my head.

That’s a really strong statement for a server you barely knew and had yet to find an identity. The first few months were pretty chaotic, don’t think any of those transfers counted for drama yet, hahaha.

Gate of Madness

Stop stacking servers

in Looking for...

Posted by: Cod on Cod.3694

Cod on Cod.3694

Dunno why you’re asking us.

Well, wasn’t asking you, or in general. Just trying to get this guy to back up his claim.

….BG is a perfect example of this because of the sheer number of guilds they bought in preparation for Season 1…

But I guess it’s just another one, not able to. Don’t feel bad, there’s been plenty before you

A fine blend of everything, aged well.

Stop stacking servers

in Looking for...

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

I think the issue with stacking servers is the constant drive to be the best. Gate of Madness sure isn’t, and most of the people who want it to do great are either struggling to get more guilds over or have transferred off, the latter being the easiest route. I transferred away in December of 2012 to join Team Legacy. I learned a lot, hopped servers as said guild did, and eventually came back to GoM. I can’t say I’m thrilled with the commanders we have now, or the lack of respect I have compared to before I transferred off and stopped commanding, but the fact is that the server is much less toxic, and it’s refreshing.

I do aim to stack Gate of Madness. The community managers may not like it, but I’ve already paid for a guild to transfer over since seasons’ end, which for the cost I could have bought a legendary. Some people show their passion through leadership, others through the drive to be the best on their server. I simply show my passion through the expansion of our active WvW playerbase. I’m personally not against stacking, and hope that GoM can indeed rival Blackgate some day – something our PvE population already does.

Stop stacking servers

in Looking for...

Asudementio.8526

To all the players on GoM, i am soo soo sorry for initiating this.

It wasn’t my intent i just wanted to use some personal points for emphasis in why transfers occur and why even selfish looking transfers to others can be attempt at preservation.

Leader of [Suh]
#TeamEvonforever