Struggling to find a guild. :[

in Looking for...

Posted by: aophts.9862

aophts.9862

I’m looking for a guild focused on PvE/Dungeons/FoTM and that does guild missions too, but till now i still couldn’t find one. I joined 9 guilds already that said they were focused on dungeons and such, just to discover that they were not, like, 60-70 on-line and when i ask for dungeons/fotm, no one available, this many times, also, some people asking “what is FoTM?” “never done a dungeon” …….like, seriously? How could you advertise that your guild is dungeon/FoTM focused if you let people who don’t even know what they are, join?

And the worst part is the requirements of some guilds, they want players with 8 toons lvl 80 full ascended, a bunch of titles and i would not be surprised if they ask for a legendary.

I’m lvl 22 on FoTM, and i just want to continue because of the ascended backpiece and the pristines (because some fractals are extremely annoying and the reward is meh), for my alts, well, for my alt, a lvl 45 warrior.

You see, i’m new to the game, i have 680 hours in my main, guardian, i have full exo and ascended but people just asking too much, new players are doomed to rely on PUGs because you don’t meet the 15k AP and 5000 hours or whatever they ask you.

How do i find a guild with friendly and reasonable people? Why so much hate against new players?

in Looking for...

Posted by: MacLeod.4208

MacLeod.4208

The Goonies on Fort Aspenwood are friendly and reasonable. We have some people who do dungeons and fractals, but honestly it is still often hard to get a group together. We don’t have any requirements to be in our guild, other than not being a jerk. Our officers all really enjoy helping people. We have several guild missions a week and organized activities almost every day. We are casual gamers and our number 1 priority is making this game fun for our members. If you can handle that, we may be the guild for you.

in Looking for...

aophts.9862

The Goonies on Fort Aspenwood are friendly and reasonable. We have some people who do dungeons and fractals, but honestly it is still often hard to get a group together. We don’t have any requirements to be in our guild, other than not being a jerk. Our officers all really enjoy helping people. We have several guild missions a week and organized activities almost every day. We are casual gamers and our number 1 priority is making this game fun for our members. If you can handle that, we may be the guild for you.

Ty, but i’m in Tarnished Coast, forgot to mention that.

in Looking for...

Posted by: Falunel.7645

Falunel.7645

Guilds with that requirement come as a surprise to me- there’s lots of guilds I’ve seen recruiting, on the forums and in-game, that don’t ask for those things, just repping and a good attitude. Personally, I think those types of elitist guilds aren’t worth the time anyway.

I’d recommend giving https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/guilds a look. Lots of casual players or non-elite players post in the LFGuild section in particular, and get a good number of responses.

EDIT: Tarnished Coast? That’s especially odd- I’ve never seen a guild around like the one you described. Anyway, here are a few friendly recruiting posts in that section:
-Ex Cineribus [ExC]
-Remnants of Hope [HOPE]
-Eternal Hearts
-Vanquish [Vanq]
-Serenity and Scars [SnS]

EDIT 2: Regarding not being able to find a group, as blunt as it is, don’t expect a guild to always be able to run when you want, especially in guilds that do a little of everything or are extremely large. Your best bet is to get some friends together and make a static group.

Falunel – Sylvari Elementalist | Falche Graysong – Human Mesmer | Tarnished Coast
Ember Solace [SOL] – A guild welcoming of newbies and those at the margins.
New Player Outreach Thread

(edited by Falunel.7645)

in Looking for...

aophts.9862

Where do i go to search for guild?

I just did an application in one and told a lot about me and my char and it wasn’t enough! I don’t understand how much information those guilds need, wth.

They wanna know everything about your life!

in Looking for...

Posted by: Malganis.7468

Malganis.7468

Joining a guild is a lot like a job interview. They want to know everything about you so they know if you would be a good fit for their guild. Some guilds dont want newbs, some guilds dont want elite players. So you have to describe what you’re looking for so the guild leaders know if the guild is a good fit for you.

Legion of Honour [XIII]: http://operationunion.enjin.com/home
Tarnished Coast

in Looking for...

Posted by: Kuzzi.2198

Kuzzi.2198

I’ll just drop this here:

http://gw2.guildex.org/

in Looking for...

Posted by: Oathbound.9054

Oathbound.9054

If a smaller guild isn’t a problem, and you’re willing to move to Sanctum of Rall – then you should check out Legends of Atari.

We are a PVX guild with a strong PVE focus. As we’re a smaller guild (8-15 members on most evenings) – we don’t have many requirements. Also, if you ask a question in guild chat, someone will respond to you.

Right now we have only unlocked guild bounties but are building up the influence to unlock other events. If you want a community to grow with – we might be a good fit.

Here is our website:

http://legendsofatari.enjin.com/

in Looking for...

Posted by: Plainsman.4753

Plainsman.4753

Steam Legion [PUNK]Fully upgraded PVx guild on Ehmry since BWE is currently rebuilding.
Recruiting active, casual, & mature players of all levels. pm for info.

Check out ehmry bay. WE have a great community and Steam Legion [PUNK] would love to have ya.

http://www.ehmry.com/topic/609-steam-legion-punk/

A quick copy & paste doesn’t make it any less genuine.
hit me up in game, or on either forums, if interested.
IGN: Plainsman

in Looking for...

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

Equinox Solstice [TIME] is an semi-hardcore PvX guild formed on 18-February-2013, based in Crystal Desert that aims to foster interest in all aspect of the game (sPvP, WvWvW and PvE), seeking for players that are fun-loving, outgoing and self-motivated.

Within a short 3.5 months, [TIME] has become a fully upgraded guild which can be considered an significant progress.

In additional, the guild started out as an east and southeast asia regional guild but now has grown into an international guild filled with people from all around the world. We have an significant 24 hours coverage with the lowest number of members online at 25.

From the UTC +6 to +9 (Asia and partial Oceanic) timezone, we have players from Singapore , Malaysia, Vietnam, Cambodia, Philippine, Taiwan, Hong Kong, China, Japan, Korea, Australia and New Zealand.

We have players from NA and EU as well, finally forming a 24 hours coverage.

If you are interested in joining the guild, you can contact SkyShroud.2865 or you can visit Equinox Solstice’s Thread more info.

Alternatively, Crystal Desert has many guilds, you can join Crystal Desert server and check it out.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com