The Sickest Guild [NA] Recruiting for Wing 2

in Looking for...

Posted by: Dommmmmmmmmm.6984

Dommmmmmmmmm.6984

Guild: The Sickest Guild [NA]

Currently Recruiting: Everything. We are interested in talent. Class is not an issue whatsoever. Potential core spots are always available for exceptional players who can play multiple classes at a high level.

Focus: Raiding. Pure and simple. With that in mind we do expect you to already know how to do Dungeons and Fractals for example, and although we are focused on raiding poor performance in the other aspects of PvE will not be accepted, because we feel if you know how to raid you should know how to do the easier stuff as well.

Schedule:

Group 1: Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday 8PM PST – 12AM PST (or finishing whenever the group wants to)

Group 2: Friday, Saturday, and Sunday 7PM PST – 11PM PST (days off if decided upon by the group)

Group 3: Friday, Saturday, and Sunday 7PM PST – 11PM PST (days off if decided upon by the group)

Group 4: Sunday 11:30PM PST until raid clear, roughly 25-40 minutes (shard cap that night or day after)

Group 5: Full guild pug that usually forms right at shard cap reset to clear asap.

During progression any and all strategies we find will be shared within all groups under the assumption the groups want to receive the strategies, if they all agree to go in blind that is fine as well. We make it our top concern to always make sure those who are dedicated, skilled, and interested in being part of a consistent team will have one that fits their needs and everyone elses in the group.

Guild Values:

We love challenge. We are competitive and we’ll always be going for any advantage possible. Optimal group comp, sigils, runes, food, it doesn’t matter, we have our goal. We are not interested in players who don’t understand the bigger picture. We are not perfect players but we absolutely love growing and having fun improving ourselves to be the best possible player.

Community. Be open minded, accept criticism, and understand that you are part of a team and not against each other. Have patience and understand that at the end of the day we are more than just a raiding guild. I’d say have some thick skin but if insults and words become too heated it will become an issue. I have a very low tolerance for racism and prejudice comments. If somebody messes up there won’t be any raging or yelling, we expect them to realize their mistake and/or accept the suggestion to fix it. We strive for fun while maintaining our competitive attitudes. We like chill people, so be chill.

No arbitrary rules. We don’t care if you are 12. We don’t care if you’re a girl. Live in your moms basement. Or run a smuggling business. Whatever it is we expect you are a decent human being and know how to act properly.

Teamwork. We’re looking for good vocal communication, ideas, strategies, and the ability to adapt as a team. If you only care about personal gain I suggest you find another guild.

Equality. Nobody will be getting special treatment. The leaders won’t be keeping anything special to themselves. I don’t care if you are the best player in the world, if you are disrespectful to your guildmates you will be handled. I have dealt with toxic players again and again, if you truly think you’re arrogant behavior will be tolerated feel free to join and I will gladly show you the reasons it won’t be. If you are in the guild you will have a voice, even from day one of joining the guild. Feedback is very important to us.

What we can provide for you:

Solid Teammates. If for some reason players aren’t up to the standard then it will be dealt with by me and them privately. Since everybody is good and friendly it comes natural that there aren’t any cliques or one good group carrying the rest. If you haven’t ran with competent, open-minded players that you can rely on then you need to try it, I promise you it is unlike anything any other guild can offer.

Player Experience. We understand that you need to surround yourself with great players and strong teamwork to fully realize your potential, but there is a standard of skill you can achieve by yourself by looking up guides, videos, strategies as well as pugging to gain that knowledge on your own accord. Once you get to that level we are more than happy to help fine-tune your gameplay and knowledge. We are not a teaching guild, if you are interested in getting carried or not pulling your weight please do not apply.

Quality over Quantity. We have proven that we are more than capable of delivering hard, fast, and solid progression through raids. Our pulls will always be a learning experience, we will always strive to improve our understanding of the encounters far after our initial clear. The raid hours might seem like a lot for some of our groups but overall our attempt counts and hours will be much shorter in the longhaul. It might be intense the first couple of weeks/months, but once we figure everything out it becomes more relaxed.

Our expectations:

Skill. We want players who can come up with new ideas and present them with confidence. We are also interested in playing with people who have a strong understanding of their main and any alt they play, as well as players who have a strong understanding of the current metagame.

Loyalty. We expect you to rep outside of things such as personal guild banks, wvw, and pvp. Rep us when you’re doing raids, fractals, dungeons, or anything PvE. Failure to rep will result in your removal from the guild.

Your priorities. If you decide it’s a good idea to wash your car instead of showing up to our schedule, or going out to buy pizza and show up 20 minutes late that won’t be acceptable. If you sign up for a schedule of course it is expected of you to show up to that schedule, but we also understand that real life can get in the way, so if it’s something genuinely important that’s no problem.

Alts. You must know how to play an alternate class other than your main. This is a requirement not a request. If you can play all classes at a high level then that’s what we’re looking for. If you can only play one class you’re just shooting yourself in the foot.

Gear. Run what’s ‘meta’ If you aren’t aware of what the meta is for PvE, unfortunately this is not the guild for you. For every new wing we theorycraft our own builds and do tests to make sure they’re as best as possible. You must have one full set of Ascended gear for your main and alt prior to joining, this includes All 6 pieces of armor, all 6 pieces of trinkets, and at least 2 Ascended weapons per character. It is also highly recommended that you begin gearing your alts if you haven’t already. Ascended gear on more than your main and one alt is not required, simply encouraged.

You can begin your application process by clicking here

Accomplishments worth noting thus far:

World First Vale Guardian kill: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFAS7jPwPKk

World Second Gorseval kill*: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVyMg1g9F5Y

World First Sabetha kill*: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnGbi-SA-b4

World First Full Clear of Spirit Vale

World First Chak Gerent (with Att and LOD): No video

One final note, if you have any questions feel free to message me in-game, if I don’t respond to a whisper try again or send me a mail.

(edited by Dommmmmmmmmm.6984)

in Looking for...

Posted by: bornaparte.3691

bornaparte.3691

a collection of good high quality players, and a fun and different trial system i look forward meeting any future applicants or members.

in Looking for...

Posted by: TheFamster.7806

TheFamster.7806

No drama, no noise, just pure skills and runs.

Tour

in Looking for...

Posted by: Aeromu.9134

Aeromu.9134

Would be interested in talking with your leader to see how recruitment is going and discuss the guild.

in Looking for...

Posted by: bacon.9461

bacon.9461

Sorry to say but I think I can speak for many pizza, when I say Pizza > GW2.

in Looking for...

Dommmmmmmmmm.6984

Sorry to say but I think I can speak for many pizza, when I say Pizza > GW2.

Why not both?

in Looking for...

Posted by: bacon.9461

bacon.9461

Because maybe I have to drive 20mins for my pizza right before a dungeon. :<

in Looking for...

Posted by: origin.1496

origin.1496

Applied.

Looking forward to the raids this BWE3 and HoT launch! hope to game with you all soon

in Looking for...

Dommmmmmmmmm.6984

Here is our Vale Guardian kill btw! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFAS7jPwPKk

in Looking for...

Posted by: docMed.7692

docMed.7692

I know Dom from the DnT days and although I’m long past the rigorous schedules you all have laid out above feel free to hit me up should you ever need an extra to fill any group (not ideal of course, but figured doesn’t hurt to offer). I’ll be running with a much more casual group (little time investment), but will still have at my disposal completely meta and ascended geared characters (zerk ascended ele, sinister ascended engi, and zerk ascended guard/rev/war or w/e else becomes meta), consumables, etc.

Either way, good people to definitely run with if your interests are hardcore PvE. Good luck with the expansion; I’ll have my popcorn ready for the raid streams/vids.

Also Dom, curious what happened with DnT - PM me and give me the deets brah.

in Looking for...

Dommmmmmmmmm.6984

Recruitment is now fully open once again. After collecting world firsts we’ve learned a lot about leadership and group effort. We’ve focused that knowledge into our current groups and provide the best raiding experience possible. Since then we have gained an abundance of skilled players and we currently sit at a cozy 100 members in our community, with 4 active raid groups, as well as plans to continuously expand our core teams indefinitely.

With wing 2 of Forsaken Thicket arriving very shortly we have opened the floodgates for all new potential applicants. We are looking forward to making new friends and teammates with all those who are interested.

in Looking for...

Posted by: daniel.2985

daniel.2985

Join to this awesome guild!

in Looking for...

Dommmmmmmmmm.6984

Still interested in any potential candidates for Salvation Pass progression and beyond. We’re doing easy farm runs and selling raid slots in the meantime to gear up for the next wing.