The Truth About Bronze Leagues

in Looking for...

Posted by: Easterbunny.6170

Easterbunny.6170

Hi folks! Looking to move down the tiers?

First off, in Bronze League, 20-50 people is a zerg. The only ones rocking constant 100+ mans are HOD, NSP and sometimes SF.

Most servers can field 50-100 from time to time. But most “Blobs” will be sub 60.

“We got Zerged” means your 20 hit their 40-60. Your five hit 20 etc. Its a land of low skill lag and where the number 1 doesnt win the day for the most part.

This is true of every server.

The upside of Ehmry Bay dropping like a stone is that NSP and HOD will probably NOT be joining us in Bronze this time around. That leaves SF as the sole owner of something resembling a 24/7 zerg. And even they dont have a real “Zerg” like those of higher servers. SF vs X Vs X wont be one sided as were the HOD matchups. Hopefully Kaineg gets some players. Kain is the only server that truly has an overly light presence in Bronze. There are other servers that can state they are missing X or Y, but Kaineg is the only one missing X Y and Z. If you are a truly large, dominant, guild that wants to be the IT on a server, that’s your place.

There shouldn’t be many steamroll matches in a swiss matchup. Bronze is looking in fact to be wonderfully competitive.

Obviously, I want more butts in the seats on GOM, It is my server and its my very subjective opinion that its the prime real estate in the bronze leagues to move to because we are already set up to slot new groups in without much friction, but there aren’t any WRONG choices in moving down. As long as things end up somewhat balanced its going to be one heck of a tourney in the bronze leagues.

Mummies R Us
Gates of Madness Community
DUI Co-Founder

in Looking for...

Posted by: MourningWood.9410

MourningWood.9410

Thanks for mentioning Kaineng, really appreciate it! We could really use the help. It doesn’t matter if you’re one person or a guild of many people, any help is wanted! Those of us already on Kaineng will refuse to give up, regardless of the outcome. We don’t go down without a fight!

Imbue (Guardian)
Kaineng Raiders [KR]

in Looking for...

Easterbunny.6170

If we as a Glicko Clique can end up with a dozen somewhat evenly matched servers, with everyone having some night presence and everyone having a decent shot at a weekly win, it will end up better for everyone in the end.

As much as I dont like losing, I dont like winning without competition equally as much.

Mummies R Us
DUI Co-Founder

in Looking for...

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

I don’t know what to make of the stuff you guys say in your posts. You talk about 60 man groups, and I can tell you right now that no one in T2-T4 run more than 40; and that’s only rarely or in a multi-guild battle. If NSP was rocking 80+ man zergs in each BL they’d be in T1.

So either some remedial math is needed or something smells.

in Looking for...

Easterbunny.6170

Hm, dont see where I said every BL has 100 man zergs. If you wish to say NSP’s main zerg is 40 guys thats cool. I have played NSP before though. NSP has, in general, more players than the servers immediately below NSP on the boards.

Theres a pretty significant break between populations at the 15/16 level.

Mummies R Us
DUI Co-Founder

(edited by Easterbunny.6170)

in Looking for...

Posted by: Phlogus.2371

Phlogus.2371

I would agree with the OP assessment about Bronze leagues servers. We can rally on DR if we have coordinated for it. There are times when we can que EB, our borderland and come close on another map. Unfortunately those times are based on momentum, coordination and availability. We do NOT have a consistent 90 player force on every map. Our night coverage and day coverage while valiant, skilled, flexible and responsive are still outmanned. Just like every other Bronze server DR has room for your guild or you as individuals to come and join us in the fight. Take the time to Look at the Devonas Rest recruiting threads on the WvW recruitment thread.

I look forward to season two and the great battles we will have with the other Bronze League servers. Don’t count Kain out. DR was 24th back in December and it is possible to climb if you keep your back in it and work together.

Phlogustus Male Char DD Ele
Molen Labe Female Human Necro
Devonas Rest – Black Rose Legion -CF4L