(Underworld) Mature player looking for Guild

in Looking for...

Posted by: Laxgravitas.6509

Laxgravitas.6509

Hi

Not run a single dungeon since I joined the game. Been trying, but with no luck.

This hasn’t been a problem so far as like most mature players I have to work for a living. Game time is limited to a few hours these days, especially during the week. So definitely a casual player. But one who’s still been able to work up a number of 50+ (one 80) chars, mostly solo with a bit of WvW now and then.
However, I really feel I’m missing out on most of the content in a great game.

PuGs I have tried to join have to date either been speed runs (wanting exp dungeon runners) with no time or inclination to show a dungeon n00b the ropes, or kids who kick for not being ’l33t enough, not being level 80, or having full exotics to run AC (draw your own conclusions. . .) and again who have zero time, patience or inclination to teach a player new to dungeons.

Been playing MMOs for over a decade. (and games for much longer). Was in a committed raid guild in WoW; A very active and large Nullsec corp in EvE; Raid kin in LotRO; SWTOR raidguild, etc. all on TS or Vent (whatever). So I know what I’m doing.

Definitely not ‘l33t’ (nor do I want to be) but definitely not too shabby as a player either; work well as a team player and listen to instructions. So how the kitten do you get into dungeons in GW2? How hard can they be that the bar is raised so high? Bet they’re not that hard either once you’ve grasped the tactics. Yet only had s**tty experiences with pick-ups so far. I’ve more or less given up trying to run dungeons and mostly just done solo PvE for the last 2 months.

Would like to join a laidback friendly bunch of mature casual players on Underworld who’d be happy teach a noob proper group mechanics, and then have fun thrashing dungeons/bosses/content together.

Cheers
Lax

in Looking for...

Posted by: SeeingBlue.8453

SeeingBlue.8453

Hello,

I invite you to review our community. Instead of giving some TL:DR article, I have provided some key points below.

Our Community

• Stormbluff Isles – We are active on SBI, but allow guesting. Don’t forget you can delete all your chars for a free transfer.
  • Mature – We screen our applicants. Our ages range from 18 – 60. We are not religious & you may hear some cursing.
  • Active – Recruiting all time zones. We have 50+ members. Most active around 10PM+- EST.
  • Website – Our site is hosted by Enjin, paid for a year. Active forums.
  • Helpful – Useful and easy to navigate information on our site. Enjoy answering questions.
  • Voice Comms – We use Mumble & Enjin chat via Overwolf overlay to communicate across multiple games.
  • Live Streamers – We support Twitch. Our streamers often do giveaways.
  • Newbie Friendly – We are very helpful and welcome new players.

In-Game Activity

• WvW – Weekly WvW night.
  • sPvP – Currently putting together a tPvP team, will soon have a custom arena. Regular meetings once a week.
  • Leveling – We often team up with and help our lower levels.
  • Dungeons – Eager to run Dungeons.
  • Fractals – Same as above. Our most active runners are at level 3-5.
  • World Bosses – We often report active bosses and kill most of them on a nightly basis.
  • Missions – Actively unlocking missions.
  • Representing – We do not require 100% representation, but atleast 75+-%.

I believe this covers just about everything. If you have any questions feel free to mail me in-game. You may also submit an application at http://greatarchitect.us

Thank you,
SeeingBlue
-Great Architect Admin

Great Architect | Casual PvX [WvW, sPvP, Dungeons, World Bosses, Living Story]
Multi-Game | Mumble | Live Streamers | Newbie Friendly
http://greatarchitect.us

in Looking for...

Posted by: Troopa.6179

Troopa.6179

Hi Lax

I understand your frustration with pugging players. And I’m glad i can provide you a solution for this.

My guild is called The Technical Engineers [XOR] and we are located (unfortunately) on the Far Shiverpeak server. that doesn’t matter to us and shouldn’t either to you because for dungeon you can still join us (without guesting) and if you decide to transfer we will help you (brings the guild more advantage)

We are a casual guild with a slow growth. We never want more than 25 member
When we find the time to play – after work and other activities – we run some dungeon or just do some content together.
Our gameplay is based on a cooperative teamspirit and also a funny and laid-back chatting over a TS3 or in-game chat.

for more information, visit our recruitment post
for an invitation write me a PM (in-game or not)

regards Troopa

veteran ranger (main)- Troopa The Hawk – tyrian survivalist
veteran engineer – Whiteclaw Pete – flaming bastard
veteran guardian – Wolfborn Troopa – healing eagle

in Looking for...

Posted by: Laxgravitas.6509

Laxgravitas.6509

Awesome.
Thanks for the replies guys. Much appreciated. Sounds exactly what I’m looking for.
Also I teach Engineering/CAD/Design in RL so your Guild names fit nicely as well.

I’ll give you both a shout in-game.

Cheers
Lax

(edited by Laxgravitas.6509)