Underworld, fresh start.

Underworld, fresh start.

in Looking for...

Posted by: FrizzFreston.5290

FrizzFreston.5290

With Underworld being emptied as most guilds left, including Mayhem who everyone seemed to hate (well, some anyway). While I don’t expect many guilds to switch still, it would be awesome if we get some people to join Underworld, as right now we seemed to have quite a bit of space, while having little drama.

That said, we have got the community site of WLEC http://wlec.shivtr.com , for anyone still willing to switch. And less people really means, easier to organize. It will probably need to be reorganised a bit, but that’s easy enough to do together.

That said, I heard Jarni (WAR disbanding), Robert transferring (Cristi reforming Mayh).

Anyone willing to help out, have a fresh start with the rest of Underworld, is very welcome. It’s unclear who is going to come and who is going to stay at this point, but the bigger players seem to have cleared. Thus enough room to have a fresh start.

“It isn’t working!” CL4P-TP
Ingame Name: Guardian Erik

Underworld, fresh start.

in Looking for...

Posted by: Jarni.7402

Jarni.7402

I indeed disbanded WAR and am on Gandara this week, though I will move on to Seafarer’s Rest in 5 and a half days

Servers: Desolation (1) / Piken Square (2)
Main characters: Jarni The Catmander (1) / Jarni Goes Wild (2)
Gank Me Harder [FURY]

Underworld, fresh start.

in Looking for...

Posted by: Bloodstealer.5978

Bloodstealer.5978

Shame on you Jarni…..

As for Mayh being reformed following RF departing, that’s indeed a positive for UW (both the RF leaving and Mayh reforming under Cristi…. only bad thing is .. I found out about RF moving to Gandara just after my guild had already transferred there

Underworld, fresh start.

in Looking for...

Jarni.7402

Shame on me? Why that? :P

Gank Me Harder [FURY]

Underworld, fresh start.

in Looking for...

FrizzFreston.5290

Well, Gandara is the only Silver place to bandwagon for EU that is actually free.

But for the non-bandwagoners, and guilds that like their personal space and alot of space to organise themselves have a good place now on Underworld.

Underworld, fresh start.

in Looking for...

Bloodstealer.5978

To be honest I have always been against bandwagoning especially after seeing how it affected UW before and after Season 1, so much so me and my guild curtailed our playtime within the game, mainly just doing dailies and LS stuff… in fact not even entering WvW for some time now due to its lop sided matchup and general all round staleness.
But its not the WvW scene that’s prompted the guild to transfer it was actually seeing just how much of a struggle it is on UW to get anything done in PvE space now as well.. the LS seasonfinale was abysmal at most times of day and peak times basically saw us guesting just to take down single knights let alone a complete Scarlet run.. and the previous watchtowers were pretty much the same in all honesty…. so we have decided enough is enough, ANET don’t have the courage and conviction to do anything about the issues so its left people who just want to be around a busy population no other choice but to move on.

Seeing WAR go this week was just another example of a staunch UW player/guild who has become just as disillusioned as well and I wish them well wherever they go… still I look forward to seeing all those “join my Havoc Squad” messages in the future Jarni, they were fun times

Underworld, fresh start.

in Looking for...

FrizzFreston.5290

Well, currently have a 50-60 man zerg still in EB. Primetime ofcourse.

The knights were easy enough, but people lacked the motivation. I had to take down a knight with 10 people before you guys realised it was possible.

Underworld was just an unstructured mess, after the first few WvW guilds left. Even Balthazar wasn’t done for ages because of the negativity on the server. That was the only reason in my opinion that things didn’t get done. “We can’t” or “this is only training” etc. Less excuses, more doing. =P

(edited by FrizzFreston.5290)

Underworld, fresh start.

in Looking for...

Bloodstealer.5978

Well Frizz, you keep telling yourself that, really please do cos that may help the rebuild if it ever takes off. But having a 50man zerg for a hour in EB a few times a week, doesn’t make for a great WvW season.. spread that over all maps and its a pretty quiet place to be.
Of course as Season 1 got worse and worse forus all they new challenge was to find decent fights, 1v1, GvG.. PPt means nothing – now all that is all well and good and PPT has never been the big motivator for many of us anyway, but it was all being churned out to help disguise the fact that UW was hurting bad and all because ANET had handled WvW and server traffic so badly and continue to do so.

As for the knights.. what was so difficult about them that UW lacked the skill to do them.. you think lacking numbers equates to skill, please really. When the changed hit the patch notes and split 1 zerg to 50 all that had to be done was split our zerg.. except that zerg didn’t have enuff in it to do it consistently and certainly not outside a few primetime hours.. just because you might of been fortunate to sit within a primetime run or 2 doesn’t make for a successful event.. how many 6min achievs did UW actually hit after the patch.. maybe ANET can dig thro their data, cos I ran that event a lot at different times of day and only once did we mange it and that was when the achiev was bugged. So players began to guest more and more to Deso etc.. 3 6min runs back to back , once in overflow.. tells its own tale on numbers. UW only very occasionally hits overflow and if your unlucky to ht ityou may as well log off for an hour.. hit Deso Overflow its a thriving hot potato of activity, even in the afternoon.

But I don’t blame the players for lacking skill and never would do.. your statement right their only serves to demotivate players and kindle the notion of moving on from the server as well.
UW WvW and PVE used to be strong and filled with decent players, decent guilds and some of the best commanders… it still boasts all of that but a hell of a lot less behind it to back it up across a 24 hr game, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.

Underworld, fresh start.

in Looking for...

Posted by: The Lost Witch.7601

The Lost Witch.7601

In UW’s defense:

We did beat the knights and Scarlet 3 nights in a row in the final week. (When Kikkah send a call out to make the 6 minutes achievement.) We didn’t manage the 6 minutes achievement though.

Underworld, fresh start.

in Looking for...

FrizzFreston.5290

wall of text

I’m not sure why you’re trying to make a point. I’m not saying Underworld is in a super good spot. I’m just saying alot of stuff is possible as long as you set your mind to it.
Which is mostly the reason why things get done. Some people in underworld always tried to point fingers, demotivate, keep spirits low, pointing more fingers, just as you are still doing. Which hopefully are gone now. I don’t know whether to be happy or sad you’re not on the server any more, honestly.

So, anyone willing to get things done, and has the right mindset is welcome. All this quarrelling doesn’t help anyone.

(edited by FrizzFreston.5290)

Underworld, fresh start.

in Looking for...

Bloodstealer.5978

wall of text

I’m not sure why you’re trying to make a point. I’m not saying Underworld is in a super good spot. I’m just saying alot of stuff is possible as long as you set your mind to it.
Which is mostly the reason why things get done. Some people in underworld always tried to point fingers, demotivate, keep spirits low, pointing more fingers, just as you are still doing. Which hopefully are gone now. I don’t know whether to be happy or sad you’re not on the server any more, honestly.

So, anyone willing to get things done, and has the right mindset is welcome. All this quarrelling doesn’t help anyone.

huh.. talk about kettle, pots and black… the only person who has pointed fingers, made wild accusation and put out the demoralising speeches within a forum Recruitment section is – YOU.
So tell me, what is this point I supposedly have to prove?

Until this week I had been on UW ever since the first light was switched on and have seen the many twists and turns of the server supporting it through pretty much all of it … talk about hypocrite.. go back and read your own wall of text then come back and let UW know a bit more about why you think its so lacking in skills and coordination, I am sure they will appreciate hearing your wise words … personally I don’t give a hoot about your notions and attitude as I still firmly believe it has / had some of the best commanders and organised guilds across both PvE and WvW .. it simply lacks numbers and coverage these days for a plethora of reasons… something your postings do nothing to lend aid to.
Fact is if you can’t take a bit of open criticism to your posts then don’t criticise within your posts to start with – simples really.

Underworld, fresh start.

in Looking for...

FrizzFreston.5290

I admit, it’s stupid to argue what was wrong or not. But regardless of how bad it looks, I’m willing to try with what is left. You, clearly admitting you left the server, thus have nothing to seek in this thread.

Underworld, fresh start.

in Looking for...

Bloodstealer.5978

And I think UW will do just fine as it always has.. no matter what happens it will always be a decent server maybe not in PPT data or event completions currently but whoever remains will undoubtedly do their best to enjoy their game and to be as competitive as they can when numbers allow… that has never changed.
Yes this time round I and a few others have taken a jump overboard but as I previously said that was nothing to do with the impending WvW tournament, in fact my involvement in that will be pretty small if any this time round.

I blame ANET for what has happened to UW not the players.. they just want to play the game the way they enjoy it – so on that note I wish you and all that remain there all the very best and hope that the transfer market does place some activity your way it is more than deserving of it.

Underworld, fresh start.

in Looking for...

FrizzFreston.5290

I’m nowhere mentioning that UW is having good WvW. But thanks for your bumping of the thread. =P

There is enough space, and there are people still there. We will organise ourselves after all the transfers have happened.

This means, basically that people will have a harder time, will need to put in more effort. Or if they want to have a quiet server. That they are welcome to join. Of course don’t expect miracles.

Underworld, fresh start.

in Looking for...

Posted by: Immolator.5640

Immolator.5640

Bumping – just please don’t send any more immigrants here, I feel like we’re ‘Murica and Mexico, just hoping that TESO release and a hopefully less landslide matchup next week results in me being able to enter WvW. It’s sad to see what happened to so many other servers happen to Gandara :/

Commander Ezekiel The Paladin
Underworld Battalion [WvW] Leader (retired) – Gandara [EU]
All Is Vain https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/gf-left-me-coz-of-ladderboard/

Underworld, fresh start.

in Looking for...

Jarni.7402

Seeing WAR go this week was just another example of a staunch UW player/guild who has become just as disillusioned as well and I wish them well wherever they go… still I look forward to seeing all those “join my Havoc Squad” messages in the future Jarni, they were fun times

bumping, for the sake of Underworld

Yes…I have always been a loyal Underworldian, but now I simply can’t have as much fun in Underworld as I used to have…I am a hard core WvW’er, I never even enter PvE apart from Guild Missions, and the state of WvW of Underworld currently just makes me sad :’(
I saw no other option than to swap servers, to have a good time playing WvW during the Season. But I still love Underworld, and I carry many good memories with me. Underworld is the place where I started my very first character. I started off as a total n00b, but I grew up. I grew stronger. I got my first Commander Tag and started commanding. I got better as a Commander. I founded my own Guild. I saw my Guild grow strong, and important for Underworld WvW. Now I had to leave the Server I love, and it saddens me. But it was the best choice to enjoy the game at maximum.
I never wanted this to happen, which is why I get annoyed when people call me a bandwagoner :/
I honestly wish the best of luck to Underworld and its remaining players, and I hope more players/Guilds will move there after Season 2!

And yes, Bloodstealer, Havoc Squads are a lot of fun to do, especially if everyone is on TeamSpeak and you have a good Squad Leader

Gank Me Harder [FURY]