Welcome to Northern Shiverpeaks!

in Looking for...

Posted by: Boom.6148

Boom.6148

Now is the time to join Northern Shiverpeaks!!

• Has every week simply become the same boring game play?
  • Is the zergfest simply becoming too predictable?
  • Are you looking for more of a challenge?
  • Are guildies & friends starting to lose interest in the game out of boredom?
  • Not looking forward to another WvW season on the same server?
  • Frustrated with the lack of effort from your server?
  • Is it time to finally transfer to another server?

Northern Shiverpeaks has a great community and a recognized skilled player base, several large guilds, many smaller guilds, and a ton of dedicated players that have stayed on NSP since the beginning.

Northern Shiverpeaks has had a great turnout on our new community site @ http://northernshiverpeaks.org that was launched near the beginning of WvW Season 1 – showing that this server is alive and has a community that really does care about working together. More and more individual players and entire guilds are using our public TS3 server and working together everyday.

Northern Shiverpeaks wants players & guilds that want a real challenge, More guilds that are willing to step up to command, train, and rule the battlefield, and all of you Players & Guilds that have been on the fence about transferring.

If you want to be a part of a fun and involved community – Northern Shiverpeaks Welcomes You!

#NSP Pride

Ta Ra Ra Boom De Ay

in Looking for...

Posted by: BirdSong.2541

BirdSong.2541

I’ll give the first person to transfer 500G.

If you think I’m not being serious then clearly youre new to these forums and the game.

Attachments:

Commander Rob
ZoS Guild
Northern Shiverpeaks Nightcrew

in Looking for...

Posted by: Natronix.9827

Natronix.9827

I’ll give the first person to transfer 500G.

If you think I’m not being serious then clearly youre new to these forums and the game.

I’ll go.

For a week. And move out

Gg profit

Commander Nachonix

in Looking for...

Posted by: Tukmolytes.3467

Tukmolytes.3467

I was promised 500g.

Tukmolytes [TRBO]
Isle of Janthir [2012-2017] → Fort Aspenwood [2017-Present]
Power Ranger

in Looking for...

Posted by: Razamatazz.9628

Razamatazz.9628

Just wanted to lend my voice to what Boom said. As an officer of a guild on NSP since launch I can say it’s a great server with a great community, except for BirdSong of course, but every circus needs its clown and we are glad we have Bird. We love even you Bird.

If you’re looking for a good mid tier server with a growing and hard working community that works on coordination and cooperation NSP is the place to be.

NSPPride
NSP4Life

Lydeah – 80 Mesmer
Lorynne – 80 Guardian
[PB] – NSP

in Looking for...

Posted by: BlazeQ.1095

BlazeQ.1095

Miss my good friends on NSP.

Cold Beerdrinker
PB Officer
NSP

in Looking for...

Posted by: munkiman.3068

munkiman.3068

I’m really excited for NSP these days, so many great people and good fun. I consider our server a pretty mature bunch among the active crew and we’d really love to see more of a night crew joining in on the good times. We are definitely a sever that always dusts ourselves off after a hard hitting loss and spend far more time enjoying the game in spite of any failures on the battlefield. The outpouring of support has been amazing. Thank you great people of NSP!

[TAO] Founder/Owner and Administrator for the NSP Server Website

in Looking for...

Posted by: Arius.7031

Arius.7031

NSP would be a good server to transfer to. It has great guilds in my experience. tM is an amazing small scale guild and Os are better than CosA (whether that’s a compliment or not is up to you to decide).

Darkhaven master race.

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

in Looking for...

Posted by: HellbillyVic.3791

HellbillyVic.3791

Me and a few of my guys are looking for a new home, current server has become unbearable for us, I my self am a experienced commander and have many many hours running guild raids. We normally play late na/ocx times.

Hardluck Heroes [HERO] Kaineng – Guild Commander Texas Headhunter

in Looking for...

Boom.6148

Hope to see you around, HellbillyVic.
Be sure to check out our site @ northernshiverpeaks.org .

Ta Ra Ra Boom De Ay

in Looking for...

munkiman.3068

Nice to see a few more guild making the move to NSP

in Looking for...

Posted by: Nausicca.6038

Nausicca.6038

Free transfer to NSP !!!!
It’s the best time ever to join our amazing community !

VoxL, NSPPT

in Looking for...

munkiman.3068

Free transfer to NSP !!!!
It’s the best time ever to join our amazing community !

For sure, let’s doooo it!
“more come, yes?”

in Looking for...

Boom.6148

Wow. Free Transfer indeed. Very lucky opportunity to get away from a bad situation and get on a great server.

Check out the World Transfer Changes they posted here if you haven’t already seen it.

Get Ready for WvW Spring Tournament 2014

Ta Ra Ra Boom De Ay

in Looking for...

BlazeQ.1095

I <3 NSP! !!!!!!!!!

Cold Beerdrinker
PB Officer
NSP

in Looking for...

Posted by: Curo.2483

Curo.2483

On NSP, the attitude used to be “tired of big busy servers, come here”. NSP used to be a great place to go just to get away from zergfests. While that’s still true, and play is very balanced and manageable on NSP, I’d like to point out that we now have even better reasons to transfer over.

Our Northern Shiverpeaks Council WvW initiative was reinstated back in season 1, and I’m proud to say we are 19 weeks strong. NSP is now a great server to come to if you are looking for server organization and communication, and I’ve heard that we are now among the best servers to transfer to for that reason. When I think about the effort these guys put into the server, I’m really happy to say I’m a member of NSP.

All we really need now are a few extra numbers to bolster our timezone coverage. Any guilds looking to get involved with our server will get a chance to meet representatives of the NSC. We pride ourselves on having an “everyone is equal” approach to server organization. Nobody is ever forced to do anything, or prevented from playing how they want. It’s a collaborative effort, and it’s working very well for us.

Curo Lunesque – “Concerned Citizen and Community Builder”
NSP – northernshiverpeaks.org

in Looking for...

Posted by: Sophie Lone.8576

Sophie Lone.8576

Wow am I surprised with this server. Left when it hit its low in WvW and went to SoR, then a friend convinced me to come back because it had gotten more organized and more mature. Been playing with his guild for about a month now and wow has this server improved. I am amazed at how organized it is with its server team speak and how the guilds work with each other instead of fighting for members. Its not just its WvW but also the server wide events that are organized each week. Temple zerg and TEQ Thursdays have been some of the best Guild Wars 2 events I have taken part of. If you want a server that is really tight and organized with one another this is the place to be. As for activity, its still thriving in all aspects. Thanks to all the great leaders who make this server great! NSP PRIDE!!!

in Looking for...

Posted by: Genogoth.9407

Genogoth.9407

As a guild Leader for The Explorers of Kryta, I have to agree with everything said in the OP. NSP is a great server with great people, and I have not seen a community out to help each other through more than I have seen here. Come help NSP be even better. We’d love to see you around.

Guild: The Explorers of Kryta
Server: Northern Shiverpeaks
Web: http://northernshiverpeaks.org/index.php?/groups/16-tek-the-explorers-of-kryta/

in Looking for...

munkiman.3068

Bumpity, cause you really need to look into NSP!

in Looking for...

Posted by: H Clan VonDoom.4158

H Clan VonDoom.4158

What you knew about the old NSP wasn’t good. In-fighting, unorganized, tollfest with a mixture of crap and BS to top it off……. that is no more.

My name is Les and I lead Phoenix Battalion [PB]. I and a LOT of fellow Guild Leaders, and Members have been in the background this whole time shaking our heads at what we had and when the BS crossed the line the entire group of NSP that had had enough spoke up. This is the result…….. a much needed change in thinking.

Northernshiverpeaks.org —- A website created and maintained by most of the truly dedicated people here on this server is what we are doing now. Teq Thursdays, Scheduled WvW guild nights and Multi-guild nights, Worm runs, Temple runs, Living Story runs, Dungeon runs, PvP tourneys and Team play….. did I leave anything out ?? How about instructions and Sponsorships for guilds/people looking to join on this server ? How about finding some of the most helpful and friendly people in this game ? Maybe just a quiet place to play your way ?? Northernshiverpeaks is your answer without question.

Gone are the days of this or that group demanding homage/taxes/your playtime…. what we have learned through much hard work and effort is that it’s the DIVERSITY that makes us here on NSP, VERY STRONG. Some will point at us and claim that to be a negative, I will tell you from experience that it was. Not now, now we take that diversity and embrace the idea that ONLY through our diversity have we come to understand that we ALL (in all our wacky ways) want something that every Server desires, Unity, Teamwork, Communication, and mostly, FUN. We have marched though our hell and found that we are a lot more together in our ideas than we thought. Now we are taking ALL our ideas to the Northernshiverpeaks.org website and putting them together to achieve what ALL of us want. Better playing through teamwork. I, for one, am proud and happy to say that we are accomplishing great things by following such a grand idea.

Are we suddenly going to be a gold tier team or start becoming the new Blackgate ?? Doubtful, in fact I would not like this place as much if we had to “conform” to this or that to be able to play at such a level. What we have tho is a NSP Team that walks onto the field knowing that we can hold our own against anyone out there. When we lose we LEARN. If you have played against our Field teams (namely Os & Zos) then you KNOW that those guys bring pain to the field. We are very pleased at how well these guys perform on the field. Their leadership has given rise to many other Commanders that make our Field Teams better and better every day ! Our Community TS has made response times and group gathering even more effective in our defense as well. TFG, PB, MOO, MeSi, AoT, AoG, El, sYn, KoTR, ICON, MAGI and the list keeps getting bigger from the Guilds that are now coming in to show that we can hold our PPT as well as go out and do the Karma Train. We have very few que’s still, but on scheduled nights we can make one every time. That’s a commitment we have not seen our server ever.

How about our Commanders ?? Ira, Smitry, CosmicWarmachine, Thiefanator, I Cant Stop, Pointe, Arkanys, Tiberius, C Fabian, Haessk, Sydewind, Moontrance, Shirin Shi, Yoren Foehammer, Avatar Dreximir, Maryeth, Nutty, Leggo my Draggo, Cyan Darr, Innuendo, and SO MANY OTHERS !! This is what I speak of when I say diversity. These guys and girls have stepped up to lead not only their fellow guildies but also the entire Server to more and more victories than ever before. I am also very happy that I get to play with those people here. Their experience and ability show on the field every time I go out to play WvW. These are people I would follow on the field any day of the week and I am proud to fight beside them. It’s because of people like them that we have become better. Now our Server can hold it’s head up high and speak from a respectable postion, not just a bunch of trash talking about what we are “gonna do”.

If you are looking for a solid, fun-loving, core-driven, newly respectable group of people to enjoy your GW2 playtime then NSP is the home you are after. Talk to any Representative of the NSP and you will find out the truth about us.

HAIL NSP !! NSP PRIDE !!!!!

Les H. — in-game Avatar Dreximir, Mezmuroenius, Deathby Smashing = my 3 Commanders. I am Guild Leader for [PB] and a Server Admin for Northernshiverpeaks.org. and I completely endorse this post

in Looking for...

Posted by: THE Dentist.5960

THE Dentist.5960

NSP is the best!

VoxL (NSP)
Doom Strykër [Warr] Doom Ryder [Ranger]
Doomku [Guard] Doom Wrack [Mez]

in Looking for...

Posted by: yanoch.7051

yanoch.7051

It look like NSP will be open for free transfer.

Heiann – NSP

in Looking for...

Posted by: dPhaN.5129

dPhaN.5129

what is wvw like on your server? and how is the competition?

in Looking for...

munkiman.3068

Not sure if the attached screen shot helps give you a sense of our WvW play. Granted this is taken at 8:15 am and obviously doesn’t include cross voip players and people not using voip or are in other channels, roaming.

Attachments:

in Looking for...

Curo.2483

what is wvw like on your server? and how is the competition?

The competition is great. Our matchups are often very even, now that the rankings have settled a bit. Of course with mass transfers to many servers inevitable, there is no telling how this will change. What I know is that over the past few months, we have neither rolled nor been rolled. Because of the lower WvW population on NSP, every guild and every player that makes a difference will stand out. Nobody gets drowned out in a sea of allies, and likewise we know the same of our opponents. We know their guilds and who to look out for on the field of battle.

From a numbers point of view, you will rarely see queues outside of reset night. Zergs are not so large that one person feels insignificant, and the majority of combat in WvW happens in groups of less than 20 players. Keeps are often flipped by groups as small as ~5 or 10, so one extra person can always make a difference. Our tight network of players and guilds allows us to produce numbers when needed, or to give you some people to play with when the map feels lonely. Our more seasoned commanders are known for setting up impromptu map raids, in addition to our scheduled event runs. That being said, on guild nights and weekly reset, our large guilds are able to field organized groups of 30-40 people. When these guilds work together over maps, magical things can happen. Even still, we are always looking for extra people to help retake camps, run yaks and upgrades, manage keeps/towers, scout, etc.

What sets NSP apart from other servers in our bracket is the huge amount of WvW organization and training initiatives we participate in. Our server has a huge PvE population, and over the past 5 months or so we have been running events, lessons, giveaways, sponsorships, and cross-guild collaborations to help move this population into WvW. It works for us because the WvW population we have is very skilled and dedicated.

In terms of attitude, we have identified a core group of players and guilds who want to make a positive impact on the WvW scene, and together as the Northern Shiverpeaks Council, we reach out to everyone on the server to become better every day. We function not as an alliance or governing body, but as a group of like-minded players who want to work together towards a common goal. Every single player on our server is welcome to help us in this endeavor, and we meet every week to talk about our strategies and server building initiatives. Gone are the days of upstarts and toxic attitudes on the server. When you see the positive impact and attitude that the majority of NSP brings to the table, you can’t help but want to join in.

Where skill is concerned, we have a lot of very experienced players with a diversity of expertise. Some of these players find their niche in things like small-man fight teams under the banners of guilds like Holy, SPCA, and tM. Others prefer larger collaborative efforts and run in large guild groups, with players of varying skill levels under the banners of Os, ZoS, MeSi, TFG and MOO. While others still step up and become known as commanders and leaders on the server, under the banners of PB, EL, AoT, and more. And best of all, all these guilds (and more than I can even list) work together every night to combine their strengths. We use the expertise of our more experienced players to help build the next generation of WvWers as more and more players flow in from the PvE scene as well as other servers.

We run many events every week. Some are hosted as server-wide initiatives, while others are guild-hosted events that are often open to the public. We teach new players the basics of WvW structure, we have experienced players give tips on specific professions, we have groups of players collaborate to use their characters in new and useful ways, and we have great leaders and commanders run field events and structured combat.

I hope that starts to answer your question, friend

(edited by Curo.2483)

in Looking for...

Posted by: eldenbri.1059

eldenbri.1059

Did NSP end up 15th in the overall rankings? That should make the transfer free as of Tuesday, right?

Looks like my friend and I will transfer over in a few days Thanks very much for all the helpful information.

in Looking for...

THE Dentist.5960

We did end up 15th. Great community effort and a lot of hard fights. Really enjoyed commanding most of the week. Was a ton of fun! Will look forward to seeing the new guilds in game should they choose to come over. We literally have had zero incoming transfers to our server so it will be a nice change for once! <3 NSP

VoxL (NSP)

in Looking for...

Posted by: H Clan VonDoom.4158

H Clan VonDoom.4158

We did end up 15th. Great community effort and a lot of hard fights. Really enjoyed commanding most of the week. Was a ton of fun! Will look forward to seeing the new guilds in game should they choose to come over. We literally have had zero incoming transfers to our server so it will be a nice change for once! <3 NSP

Doom that is very true ! Through a collaboration of many guilds our NorthernShiverpeaks Council now has many dedicated players that knew what they were doing for a long time and now have come together to work magic on the field. In the last few weeks all of our Guilds combined efforts have paid off huge. Our opponents know it all to well also. What once was just a group of various people, have now become a solid force when we play. Extra efforts from all of our top Guilds are starting to become a thing to behold and enjoy. 40+ people on 2 different channels on the NSP TS is a sight for sore eyes. We have all worked hard to make this and now we can show it to the other Servers who doubted us.

We may make a name here, or we may not. But I can assure you we have a good time while we are doing it and the aggressive, nasty hate that you used to see so often is gone from our chats and our TS. NSP is now a team that knows it’s place on and off the field. We work to make our teams more co-operative, guilds/groups abilities more group focused for successful maneuvers, and we execute knowledgeable strategies against our enemies to make our loot bags FULL !! AKA WINNING !!

I will go on record and say that we can hold our own against equal numbers all day long. Everyone can be beaten with coverage, but you can’t out skill us….. and when you do we are watching you…… you won’t be able to do it long. I am proud of our NSP skills and our ability to work together…….

NSP………

Why aren’t you here ??

(edited by H Clan VonDoom.4158)

in Looking for...

BlazeQ.1095

Bumping this because I <3 NSP!

Cold Beerdrinker
PB Officer
NSP

in Looking for...

Posted by: Blackjack.2083

Blackjack.2083

One of the most amazing qualities I find on NSP is the lack of drama. We really don’t get the “our guild is the best” chest thumping and bickering that so often I hear of on other servers. In the past that wasn’t always the case…..thankfully all those kitten guilds transferred off long ago. What we have left are guilds who I truly believe care more about their SERVER than they do about their leet reps.

Our larger guilds actually help each other and members go out of their way to assist anyone who needs it with the NSP tag. The WvW community has never been better than it is now. We truly accomplish more with fewer people than any server I’ve played against. Even when we were taking our lumps in Season 1 the core stayed strong.

If we ever get a strong SEA presence this server is going to take off…..

in Looking for...

Posted by: yanoch.7051

yanoch.7051

That is true because NSP never really had any SEA presence since MEOW left. On the positive side we are very good at rebuilding our stuff and we probably have the strongest american daytime (European prime time?) among server rank 25-9 (you can probably add SoR).

NSP is really strong during that time and this is what allowed us to beat IoJ in season 1 since we could rebuild fast after they logged off and capitalized on that while their server was sleeping.

Add a SEA guild to NSP and the server would probably take off and sit comfortably around rank 10. The current WvW crew of the server are very close and that core is what kept the server afloat before, during and after season 1 in silver league.

Look at our current PPT/match up and see how well we do VS servers that was beating us not so long ago.

Heiann – NSP

(edited by yanoch.7051)

in Looking for...

munkiman.3068

I’m extremely proud of NSP. A great last couple weeks of great organization in both WvW and PvE and just a general feeling of community. So much so, that we’ve implemented a full time shoutcast (NSPRadio). It’s pretty new and we are still sorting it out, but it’s been fun to get it up and going. It’s 128k right now, but we might have to lower it depending how popular it is. Lot’s of people on NSP getting involved in all sorts of ways. It’s a great time to be a part of the NSP community!

If you want give it a listen http://northernshiverpeaks.org:8000/stream.m3u

in Looking for...

Curo.2483

NSP is still open for transfers! No drama, organized WvW and other server events, Teamspeak, forums, radio, tight community, balanced numbers, high skill groups, and lots of friends to be had.

in Looking for...

THE Dentist.5960

Need MOAR transfers please! We do what we always do, hold our own but coverage is an issue. With the end of free transfers ending soon, better jump on a server that is NOT a bandwagoner server and will be here stable as always when season 2 is done.

VoxL (NSP)

in Looking for...

Posted by: BirdSong.2541

BirdSong.2541

Wait.
We have free transfers?

Lol
Why we’re pretty good O_o

Commander Rob
ZoS Guild
Northern Shiverpeaks Nightcrew

in Looking for...

Posted by: akanibbles.6237

akanibbles.6237

Good to see a few quality oceanic commanders about.

in Looking for...

Posted by: johnnymiller.5968

johnnymiller.5968

Trying NSP for a week (from surmia EU). Hopefully this server has a decent sea/ocx player base (my reason for transferring)

in Looking for...

Curo.2483

I’ve noticed that a lot of the recent NSP transfers are commanders. I’m guessing the playerbase on other servers was frustrating for them. And yes, we are getting some sea/ocx people onto the server now. So for those that are interested in that time slot, but didn’t want to be the first to transfer over and risk being alone, you don’t have to worry anymore. We’ve got some good leaders for that time slot now, and a few guilds. We would still like to round it out with more numbers though.

We have nowhere near reached the point where this is a bandwagon server, and I’m glad. We have had a good number of transfers though, and they all seem to be integrating into our community quite well. It’s a very open and reliable community, and we invite people to come work close with us.

in Looking for...

Posted by: eldenbri.1059

eldenbri.1059

I transferred over a week ago. NSP is great. There are good fights and good commanders every time I’ve logged in.

Really good people, and every kind of WvW you could want from big fights, to roaming and havoc squads, to clutch defenses.

in Looking for...

munkiman.3068

The NSP of last season has become a great, organized force. There is a big focus on community and competitive play. Having a bit more organized numbers would be a HUGE factor for us when facing servers like HoD. Our community is booming, strong and successful, win or lose, you can’t go wrong making the move to NSP.

in Looking for...

Posted by: Laurent.8930

Laurent.8930

NSP best server 2012+2 year of our lord based gaben

in Looking for...

munkiman.3068

bumpity bump bump

in Looking for...

THE Dentist.5960

Keep surprising people in Silver League!!!!! Come join the fun!

VoxL (NSP)

in Looking for...

Posted by: Zappa.9064

Zappa.9064

Hi all,

My current guild’s interest in GW 2 has waned since ESO came out, so I’ll probably be looking for a new home soon. I’ve seen some great stuff about NSP and was wondering how good the coverage is during late West Coast evenings (10 pm – midnight) . Sadly this is the only time I can usually play on the weekdays.

(edited by Zappa.9064)

in Looking for...

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

So did Birdsong end up giving 500 gold to anyone? =)

Gate of Madness

in Looking for...

Posted by: Belorn.2659

Belorn.2659

NSP, where we fill a BL siege cap with omegas.

Happy ZoS Day!

(edited by Belorn.2659)

in Looking for...

Posted by: Shadowbane.7109

Shadowbane.7109

BUMP

NSP: Honor, Pride and Bags

Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling…makes no difference.
The degree is arbitrary. The definition’s blurred.
If I’m to choose between one evil and another, I’d rather not choose at all.