When considering a T1 - BG, JQ, or SoR?

in Looking for...

Posted by: Vapour.7348

Vapour.7348

Q:

Planning on migrating to a T1 server because I enjoy wvw, especially the battles. I like fighting and in most occasions enjoy fighting when the odds are against us (fighting a bigger zerg). I feel it makes me a better player and it truly is very rewarding. I’m the type that supports the underdog instead of following the bandwagon. The challenges are far greater that way.

I’m looking for a synopsis comparing the wvw experience between the tier 1s.

I know a lot of people have moved to JQ. I just dont want to seem lame and a leecher because I know a lot of newer wvw players moved there banking that it would finish at the top. What does BG and SoR have to offer? Are people in mapchat generally pleasant or rude/hostile? Does BG and SoR even stand a chance competing against JQs numbers?

Mini Unagi – Iuther – Iiq – Trend – lancaster

in Looking for...

Posted by: Nuked.2360

Nuked.2360

Planning on migrating to a T1 server because I enjoy wvw, especially the battles. I like fighting and in most occasions enjoy fighting when the odds are against us (fighting a bigger zerg). I feel it makes me a better player and it truly is very rewarding. I’m the type that supports the underdog instead of following the bandwagon. The challenges are far greater that way.

I’m looking for a synopsis comparing the wvw experience between the tier 1s.

I know a lot of people have moved to JQ. I just dont want to seem lame and a leecher because I know a lot of newer wvw players moved there banking that it would finish at the top. What does BG and SoR have to offer? Are people in mapchat generally pleasant or rude/hostile? Does BG and SoR even stand a chance competing against JQs numbers?

I will probably get trolled for this but JQ/SoR/BG all have pretty even numbers across almost all timezones. While JQ has strongest SEA we have the weakest EU. Each server has a period where they outnumber their opponent. They are equally long in length and anyone who says otherwise is just trying to discredit one server or the other. While JQ has won the past head to head between all three it was extremely close and it could have went to any server on thursday night which shows that SoR and BG have a chance of competing and beating JQ. There is no true King of tier 1 anymore.

Destructive Nuked|ascending-redemption.enjin.com|AR Driver/Leader

in Looking for...

Posted by: Avatar of Belle.9623

^
What he said

JQ seemed to have the weakest NA when I had there but with all the recent transfers….I wouldn’t know.

Threnody of Belle – Necromancer and PvE Carebear (24,500 achievement points)
Maguuma
#allisvain

in Looking for...

Vapour.7348

From what I’ve read, JQs been ticking 500 against BG and TC, not some tier 2-3 server. I’d love to migrate to either BG or SoR but I’m not sure just how large JQs wvw player base is and if it makes them almost impossible to beat.

in Looking for...

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

JQ doesn’t need more people. In a BG/SoR/JQ matchup, they already win quite comfortably.

Out of SoR/BG, you’ll have a better chance of getting into maps on SoR. A lot of their guilds only play for like 1-2 hours whereas BG’s guilds play 3+ hours. BG has been queuing all 4 maps for at least 15 minutes pretty much everyday.

in Looking for...

Nuked.2360

From what I’ve read, JQs been ticking 500 against BG and TC, not some tier 2-3 server. I’d love to migrate to either BG or SoR but I’m not sure just how large JQs wvw player base is and if it makes them almost impossible to beat.

We are ticking at 500 ppt because BG stopped playing this week. Not because we outnumber them significantly but simply because they didn’t play this week. Don’t confuse this as saying come to JQ it’s merely me saying that the notion JQ is stacked is a false pretense.

(edited by Nuked.2360)

in Looking for...

Posted by: Doomdesire.9365

Doomdesire.9365

I know a lot of people have moved to JQ. I just dont want to seem lame and a leecher because I know a lot of newer wvw players moved there banking that it would finish at the top.

Ignore the haters. Choose whichever you like the best. They are pretty even throughout. The only real difference is the guilds and how the server is ran.

in Looking for...

Posted by: Reap.7931

Reap.7931

do research on what guilds are on what servers and if you like to run with said guild, you can go to the server they are on.

in Looking for...

Posted by: zhonnika.1784

zhonnika.1784

Trust the opinions of a server mainly from those residing on it. You won’t get a clear picture otherwise. All are good bets, all have a chance at winning. It sounds sort of like you’re asking us to tell you which one will be a lock for winning gold, but at this point I don’t think there’s any way we could make that determination.

Kashmara – Elementalist | Reapermara – Necromancer
Jade Quarry
Onslaught [OnS]

in Looking for...

Posted by: Shonie.5297

Shonie.5297

SoR has been a class act this week to fight against. They have good guilds and good leaders.

~Tarnished Coast~

in Looking for...

Posted by: Mirsa.1628

Mirsa.1628

While the server communities should be researched before making a decision, don’t forget that guilds will make your experience special. Regardless of how stacked JQueue is right meow, they do have some nice guilds and people that would love to have you over there. The same can be said for BG and SoR.

You mentioned like being outnumbered. What timezone are you in? Each T1 server has strong and weak timezones.

[GS] Gun Squad
Guild Master

in Looking for...

Vapour.7348

Trust the opinions of a server mainly from those residing on it. You won’t get a clear picture otherwise. All are good bets, all have a chance at winning. It sounds sort of like you’re asking us to tell you which one will be a lock for winning gold, but at this point I don’t think there’s any way we could make that determination.

Hi! I actually prefer the server that isn’t the current dominating force. The battles would seem much more challenging and memorable.

Thank you all very much for sharing your insights. I appreciate the feedback from JQ and SoR residents. I know BG is an exceptional server as well but I guess they’re not as active in this section of the forum.

I play weird hours between 9pm upto 2am server time.

in Looking for...

Nuked.2360

Hi! I actually prefer the server that isn’t the current dominating force. The battles would seem much more challenging and memorable.

Thank you all very much for sharing your insights. I appreciate the feedback from JQ and SoR residents. I know BG is an exceptional server as well but I guess they’re not as active in this section of the forum.

I play weird hours between 9pm upto 2am server time.

BG has the strongest force in those time periods as thats late PST – early OCX. IMO that is.

in Looking for...

Posted by: pot.6805

pot.6805

The propaganda being pushed by people to further overstack their server is fun to read, thanks guys!

BeeGee
Beast mode

in Looking for...

Nuked.2360

The propaganda being pushed by people to further overstack their server is fun to read, thanks guys!

9pm Server is PST prime. You can’t claim you guy’s aren’t stronger than other server’s during this timezone.

in Looking for...

Posted by: ykyk.2740

ykyk.2740

You want to join a T1 server to fight against greater odds?

The league has 6 servers. 3 of them are underdogs and will face these “greater odds” all the time, I’ll let you figure out which.

in Looking for...

Posted by: Have No Faith In Me.1840

Have No Faith In Me.1840

Planning on migrating to a T1 server.

I’m the type that supports the underdog instead of following the bandwagon.

Lol.

in Looking for...

Posted by: Liquid.9672

Liquid.9672

9pm Server is PST prime. You can’t claim you guy’s aren’t stronger than other server’s during this timezone.

That’s when I usually get online Stei, so yeah, of course we’re stronger.

Zend(ario/imas/iana/ango) – Engi/Ele/Necro/Guardian
[KnT] – Blackgate

in Looking for...

Nuked.2360

That’s when I usually get online Stei, so yeah, of course we’re stronger.

+1 for that comment!

in Looking for...

Posted by: dragon.8071

dragon.8071

go to sor or jq. bg has a huge war chest and lotto system recruiting. there is a possibility that bg purposely tanking score to recruit and build up that weapons of mass destruction. bg has a lot of big guilds. plx, riot, wm, knt, icoa, bt, nd, merc, rev, jinx, noc, ons, lp, thai, work and many many more… wm if they come back can queue 4 maps for hours. jq too many pvx guilds and is somewhat weak. they only have the good coverage during sea to keep them running. without that they will lose by at least 100k all the time. sor has limited pve but you can always guest to another server. sor has stable wvw guilds who made them what they are today. their dominance was sealed when they won iron over. eu timezone is unmatched. no guild that ever faced iron in eu timezone in t1 ever stayed around. most either retire or got chased off their respective server.

Zerg Doors [ZD]

“Recent Graduate of Maguuma University with a degree in Forums Politics”

in Looking for...

Vapour.7348

TY dragon, you seem to know BGs wvw well.

When I guest over there, the server seems to sport pride and a sassy attitude. Believegate I think is what they call the server. There was another one but I forgot. Are the wvw guilds in BG as tight knit as SoR’s?

What impressed me when observing BG is how one small guild army took on and wiped a zerg literally twice the size repeatedly. It was beautiful how they were organized and ran through like a solid ball, regrouping and dropping bombs at the right place and time. That BG guild seemed very blood thirsty and would go on and fight instead of running away. I wonder if the whole server is that way.

I wish I had the opportunity to observe SoR. As someone stated earlier in this thread, they seem like a class act.

I’m familiar w some battle tactics but still a novice. There’s nothing I’d love more than to be a part of battle centric guild in a like-minded server.

in Looking for...

Nuked.2360

TY dragon, you seem to know BGs wvw well.

When I guest over there, the server seems to sport pride and a sassy attitude. Believegate I think is what they call the server. There was another one but I forgot. Are the wvw guilds in BG as tight knit as SoR’s?

What impressed me when observing BG is how one small guild army took on and wiped a zerg literally twice the size repeatedly. It was beautiful how they were organized and ran through like a solid ball, regrouping and dropping bombs at the right place and time. That BG guild seemed very blood thirsty and would go on and fight instead of running away. I wonder if the whole server is that way.

I wish I had the opportunity to observe SoR. As someone stated earlier in this thread, they seem like a class act.

I’m familiar w some battle tactics but still a novice. There’s nothing I’d love more than to be a part of battle centric guild in a like-minded server.

It seems your looking for more of a guild than a server because each server has guilds that are similar to what you look for and all server’s have similar mindsets. As some have suggested maybe look into guilds on each server rather than the server itself.

in Looking for...

Posted by: Traxien Cion.9261

Traxien Cion.9261

9pm server to 2am? Join TC and inquire about KH.

They’re probably exactly what you’re looking for, and I’m sure many in T1 would agree, although they’re pretty selective about who they recruit.

Traxien Cion – Ranger | Traxien Kills – Warrior | [STUN] | TC Commander

in Looking for...

Posted by: Serkz.3140

Serkz.3140

When I guest over there, the server seems to sport pride and a sassy attitude. Believegate I think is what they call the server. There was another one but I forgot.

kitten straight about the ‘tude. Hell, if our characters could speak they’d all have Brooklyn accents. But you gotta consider that we get trolled a lot in LA mapchat by guesters from SoR and JQ when battles are tight. They may be our biggest rivals but I gotta say I love those guys coz wvw would be boring as kitten without them.

80 ele | wolf rank | Bgate

in Looking for...

Posted by: lover.8351

lover.8351

in Looking for...

Posted by: Tortitudo Probo.2598

Tortitudo Probo.2598

go to sor or jq. bg has a huge war chest and lotto system recruiting. there is a possibility that bg purposely tanking score to recruit and build up that weapons of mass destruction. bg has a lot of big guilds. plx, riot, wm, knt, icoa, bt, nd, merc, rev, jinx, noc, ons, lp, thai, work and many many more… wm if they come back can queue 4 maps for hours. jq too many pvx guilds and is somewhat weak. they only have the good coverage during sea to keep them running. without that they will lose by at least 100k all the time. sor has limited pve but you can always guest to another server. sor has stable wvw guilds who made them what they are today. their dominance was sealed when they won iron over. eu timezone is unmatched. no guild that ever faced iron in eu timezone in t1 ever stayed around. most either retire or got chased off their respective server.

lol what? Some of the guilds you listed have been inactive for a long time, huge war chest? Suuuuure… and jq can field more pugs in eu time than bg’s eu guilds combined. Do you even play this game?

[HB]

in Looking for...

Serkz.3140

OP, the truth is our server has lost a handful of large wvw guilds due to bandwagoning and inactivity. Judging by the last weeks numbers, we have the least wvw players out of the big 3. But the spirit in the server is still alive.

We may not be as active in recruiting at the forum but dont let that deter you from coming. Wvw guilds that migrate over are always warmly welcomed.

Engaging in battles is what we do even though it may hurt capping at times. The guilds to consider are plx, knt, ee, icoa, jinx, ons, thai, king, nd, hb. If you want comp-crazy hardcore, try plx and their leader is rawnoodles.

(edited by Serkz.3140)

in Looking for...

Posted by: Punny.9210

Punny.9210

Jq guys need to admit and stop bullkittenting,

Since Merc went to Jq. You have unbeatable night army. Ur blob at night are even bigger than your NA blob. Points at night it is what make server win most of time. Bg used to win like that too.

Blackgate

in Looking for...

Posted by: Have No Faith In Me.1840

Have No Faith In Me.1840

Planning on migrating to a T1 server.

I’m the type that supports the underdog instead of following the bandwagon.

Lol.

Just going to put this here again, what a joke.

in Looking for...

Serkz.3140

The OP who seems like a nice guy is looking for epic fights and being in the big 3 delivers that often. As of now, the deficit between bg sor and jq is no more than 500 pts and there is a buffet of battles in every BL. I hope dude made it to one of the servers