Which FREE server has good oceanic coverage?

in Looking for...

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

The topic has side-tracked too much.

Anyway, regarding guild going to other servers and recruit people, isn’t it normal? I am unsure of what flashy advertisement message guilds have applied but whatever kind of flashy messages they applied, they are just simply recruiting people for their guilds. If their flashy messages don’t seems appropriate, it only reflects them on their lack of social awareness. However, that doesn’t necessary means that there are no guilds going around recruiting people in a less flashy manner.

The point is there will always be guilds in this period of time going around recruiting people by their own means. However, if your sense of self-righteousness forbid you to go to any other servers to recruit people, that’s your problem, that’s how you want to grow your guild, so be it.

Lastly, base on your moral standard or logic, AR must be bad because TFT hijacked the thread with no intend to provide a sincere advise to TS’s question. TBH, I have this feeling that AR is indeed a bad place to go, I feel sorry for TS’s thread to be hijacked when he/she is merely asking for advise on which server has OCX presence and who knows, it become a political thread for the self-righteous people.

I think mod should lock this thread.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

in Looking for...

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

Then perhaps you should re-read the thread, it has been pointed out That AR has some Oceanic coverage, ET has large coverage, HoD has coverage, DR has coverage, SBI has coverage, CD has coverage, GoM has coverage.

No it is not normal to try and poach from the lower tiers. As said, blame the guild throwing your server’s name around not the people who are upset by it, your just confirming the mindset of CD. I realize its hard for some who have never hit the bottom ranks and had to rebuild to understand why this is not looked upon kindly.

Anyone who has been in the position of the low ranked servers would probably understand why we do not appreciate these actions, and wouldn’t wish it upon anyone. I’m not just speaking on behalf of AR, I’m pretty sure none of the ranks 20-24 would appreciate people trying to take away what little we have, but they can disagree if they see fit. That’s my rant I hope it makes it a little easier to understand the hostility.

All the server’s listed have at one point posted here that they have some form of Oceanic coverage.

(edited by Nuzt.7894)

in Looking for...

Posted by: Linghy.2031

Linghy.2031

What have you started Nibbles? Such rage.

Anyway, I’m not sure about joining a server with TOO much Oceanic presence in the lower tiers, you can easily be matched up against one or even two servers with far less ocx presence, and end up matching the map all night waiting for things to flip.

I’d also take into account forum warriors as they can give a good indication of the server climate. Every server has drama, sure, but at least one of the servers rabbiting on here is getting infamous for excessive drama. Gross.

Can anyone who plays with or against (respectfully) Northern Shiverpeaks give me some feedback on NSP in regards to Oceanic PvE and WvW?

~ Vbac

in Looking for...

Posted by: kRAVen.4195

kRAVen.4195

Then perhaps you should re-read the thread, it has been pointed out That AR has some Oceanic coverage, ET has large coverage, HoD has coverage, DR has coverage, SBI has coverage, CD has coverage, GoM has coverage.

No it is not normal to try and poach from the lower tiers. As said, blame the guild throwing your server’s name around not the people who are upset by it, your just confirming the mindset of CD. I realize its hard for some who have never hit the bottom ranks and had to rebuild to understand why this is not looked upon kindly.

Anyone who has been in the position of the low ranked servers would probably understand why we do not appreciate these actions, and wouldn’t wish it upon anyone. I’m not just speaking on behalf of AR, I’m pretty sure none of the ranks 20-24 would appreciate people trying to take away what little we have, but they can disagree if they see fit. That’s my rant I hope it makes it a little easier to understand the hostility.

All the server’s listed have at one point posted here that they have some form of Oceanic coverage.

After re-reading the thread (and the title which said free by the way, not sure why you listed not free) those pointing out CD are the only ones correctly giving the op the answer.

Another reread of this thread will show TBT to be trolling for its life to get AR brought up in this thread. I’m sorry but you guys don’t have SEA coverage and almost everything brought up by your guild members posts in here have been off topic.

Also, people from higher servers sending out people to lower servers to transfer IS actually quite common. Servers doing it however is uncommon. Like we said this was not server condoned. I’m sorry you are so forum hurt about it.

in Looking for...

Posted by: Necro.6432

Necro.6432

Idk if its AR mind set to blame a whole guilds for a guy’s action in that guild cuz thats just terrible not even speaking about “blaming” ..I didnt know such hostile from AR not to mention El cid your gl was a good friend of us , but we dont blame a whole guild from a members action but sure to enlight em , so from our side we apologize “and not blaming”for that person cuz thats not our style or else we could of been DB and do it all year (happened to us ) though we dont blame the whole db neither the whole guild in thier but sure to let them know nicely, if your too worried about transfers and ppl coming and going thats just DUMB…cuz if they want to go there they will , if they want to stay they will stay because the servers community, thats how CD is , please dont make assumptions of your own and gl to your recruitment.

Daeronz | TDS Leader | WvW Commander

(edited by Necro.6432)

in Looking for...

Posted by: Steve Whitley.8359

Steve Whitley.8359

I think most of us in ar not in tbt are pretty clueless about the hostility between el cid and et.

threads get derailed… if that’s what you’re going to base your judgement on, that’s what it is but AR’s a pretty mellow drama free place.

Old Janx // [THG] Jade Quarry / Seafarer’s Rest
secessit viri bellatores

in Looking for...

Posted by: Tossed Fish.7380

Tossed Fish.7380

Your server has no coverage. My description of your server is accurate. It is not a putdown. These are facts defined by your servers own actions and population not opinions.

Getta load of dis guy. He knows more about HoD than the people who been on it since day one.

You make me laugh! Got anymore jokes?

Tossed Fish//Necromancer
Valkyria Immortalis [VLK]

in Looking for...

kRAVen.4195

The MoS numbers and two months vs you guys show that you guys don’t have coverage. No matter how you try to make a joke out of it or no matter how many times you say you do have coverage it is just not true. People can actually go to a site and see the truth.

CD formally apologizes to all the people from servers that get upset when we answer the op truthfully. To the op, we hope you can see how the people from CD tried to stay focused and answer. Come try us out if you are looking for an experience that is challenging (with a bit of coverage) vs something that most likely will implode shortly after season 2.

in Looking for...

Posted by: Teej.9241

Teej.9241

Unfortunately SBI will not be free this season. They are solid T4, maybe a T3 contender.

In all seriousness, the only reason SBI is still in T3 is because they, as well as DB, are leeching off of SoR. SBI is T4 at best, and only because they have pug zergs sent from the heavens on weekends, and have the population to blob up when need be.

Le

in Looking for...

Posted by: Linghy.2031

Linghy.2031

Cheers to those that have given me info on Northern Shiverpeaks so far. It sounds pretty sweet, and all the building blocks are there for developing Oceanics further.

For NSP and other free servers, videos would help a tonne to get the feel of numbers, organisation, atmosphere, etc during the oceanic timezone.

Cheers!

~ Vbac

in Looking for...

Posted by: johnnymiller.5968

johnnymiller.5968

Any EU? or are the majority of ocx based on NA servers?

in Looking for...

Posted by: King Amadaeus.8619

King Amadaeus.8619

Although I’m not going to be a kitten about it and say no to guilds whom are really interested in moving.

Some servers do it*…If you guys are queuing 4 maps on weekdays (even if it is rare) you should consider it…If not you may have a S2 implosion on your hands there bub.

*Yes I realize telling them not to come does not guarantee that they will not still transfer.

Mag Server Leader

(edited by King Amadaeus.8619)

in Looking for...

Posted by: Curo.2483

Curo.2483

Anyway, I’m not sure about joining a server with TOO much Oceanic presence in the lower tiers, you can easily be matched up against one or even two servers with far less ocx presence, and end up matching the map all night waiting for things to flip.

I’d also take into account forum warriors as they can give a good indication of the server climate. Every server has drama, sure, but at least one of the servers rabbiting on here is getting infamous for excessive drama. Gross.

Can anyone who plays with or against (respectfully) Northern Shiverpeaks give me some feedback on NSP in regards to Oceanic PvE and WvW?

I’m on NSP. We recently got a decent amount of transfers for ocx/sea time zone. We also have a lot of NA/EU commanders that run on their own off-hours (overnight/early morning), so they help to cover this as well. As for a lot of servers, this time zone has usually been pretty weak for us, but lately with regular early morning raids and new transfers, it looks promising. I’d say that we’ve had enough ocx/sea transfers to start building something nice.

Curo Lunesque – “Concerned Citizen and Community Builder”
NSP – northernshiverpeaks.org

in Looking for...

Posted by: akanibbles.6237

akanibbles.6237

I actually transferred to NSP a few days ago. It does not have the highest oceanic coverage, but it does have coverage. Kind of what I was after really.

Oceanic is a funny time zone, as you tend to only get all or nothing with regards to coverage. Thanks anyhow to all those who posted. Some good points there.

Many thanks all, and good luck in season 2 and beyond. Keep having fun.

in Looking for...

johnnymiller.5968

I’m on NSP. We recently got a decent amount of transfers for ocx/sea time zone. We also have a lot of NA/EU commanders that run on their own off-hours (overnight/early morning), so they help to cover this as well. As for a lot of servers, this time zone has usually been pretty weak for us, but lately with regular early morning raids and new transfers, it looks promising. I’d say that we’ve had enough ocx/sea transfers to start building something nice.

Where are they all? Second night on NSP and at most there are 5 people.

in Looking for...

johnnymiller.5968

Don’t forget the EU servers, although they wouldn’t have a huge Oceanic community, there are always a lot of players on the EU servers who play during the Oceanic timezone as it’s early in the morning/day for EU. Just something to consider + never queues during that TZ on any EU server.

Which EU servers though? I’m on ros and the sea/ocx coverage is practically no existent now, it appears the vast majority of ocx players play on NA servers.

in Looking for...

Posted by: alvinjason.3109

alvinjason.3109

Come run with us in Devona’s Rest. We have four guilds with an OC shift. one of them is a big guild.

Devona’s Rest → NSP [SA] [TeaP]

in Looking for...

Posted by: BHo.6234

BHo.6234

Come run with us in Devona’s Rest. We have four guilds with an OC shift. one of them is a big guild.

Yes DR has picked up quite a few transfers and has a pretty dominant OCX/SEA crew.

Pata Vormund
Leader, [FIST] Fire Support Team
SoS

in Looking for...

Posted by: SniffyCube.6107

SniffyCube.6107

Yes DR has picked up quite a few transfers and has a pretty dominant OCX/SEA crew.

can always join AR as well

whats the point in playing for a server in a tier with mediocre ocx coverage if all you’re going to do is pvdoor :P

join AR, skip the pvdoor, and kill those new DR xfers

The Black Tides
[TBT]
Èl Cid

in Looking for...

kRAVen.4195

CD has the biggest presence between HoD (close at the moment but bandwagon with ques) and NSP. Free to transfer here the next couple days.