WvW Server for Aussie Time Zone

in Looking for...

Posted by: Caesarlike.6975

Caesarlike.6975

HI there,

I am an Australian player who is looking for a server that is more active in WvW for the Australian time zone. I am currently on GOM, which is a decent WvW server on the weekends during the day, but which for an Aussie player, is usually very quiet in the evenings. I know most GW2 players are US and Euro based, but I am wondering if there is a server which has more players from the Aust. / Asian region.

in Looking for...

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Maguuma or TC are open and have aussie players.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in Looking for...

Posted by: Archeia.8905

Archeia.8905

Well TC and Mag are good options, TC has a nice and friendly community whereas mag is a bit more on the trolly side of things xD

Depends on the kind of community you want I guess

The other Servers with high ocx are full right now ( BG and JQ) so TC and Mag are your best bets.

Tarnished Coast – Revenant main

in Looking for...

Posted by: henchmen.1856

henchmen.1856

Australian players are stacked mostly on 2 servers – Blackgate and Sea of Sorrows
Asians are stacked mostly on 2 servers – Jade Quarry and Dragonbrand

TC and Mag don’t have ocx. And if they do, it’s seasonal not permanent. They each have 1 oceanic guild only, both of which are small and both of which are serial server hoppers so you can’t even trust that they’ll still be on those servers in a month.

in Looking for...

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Australian players are stacked mostly on 2 servers – Blackgate and Sea of Sorrows

TC and Mag don’t have ocx. And if they do, it’s seasonal not permanent. They each have 1 oceanic guild only, both of which are small and both of which are serial server hoppers so you can’t even trust that they’ll still be on those servers in a month.

You need to keep up. Maguuma has I think 4 ocx guilds now and TC a couple I think. The players left on sos are casual pugs.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in Looking for...

Posted by: Caesarlike.6975

Caesarlike.6975

Ok, thanks for the replies. Maybe I should be looking at things in a slightly different way. As an Australian player on GOM, should I be looking at changing servers for more WvW, or should I be looking for a WvW guild on GOM or another server? Is the right guild more important than the server?

in Looking for...

Posted by: Archeia.8905

Archeia.8905

Do you even play in T1? XD

TC has 3 ocx guilds and Mag has 4, BG 3 or 4 iirc. A fair protion of ocx is on SoS but it’s not as stacked as it once was, JQ has large ocx but so does BG, odd how you don’t mention them on your list of stacked ocx lul.

Hoenstly I hope people disregard the server hopping comment, that’s one of the funniest things I’ve read in a while XD

Tarnished Coast – Revenant main