defensive guild looking for high-pop server

in Looking for...

Posted by: Zepher.7803

Zepher.7803

We have 10 solid people that are wondering if there is a need for a guild that enjoys the defensive side of things.

is there a need anywhere in the top tiers?

we can literally sit in towers/keeps all day and keep 2,3,4 places well sieged and nearby camps flowing.

and make kitten sure a zerg doesn’t need to come in and wipe 20 people plinking a gate or wall. (near or far)

Sincerly, Me.

in Looking for...

Posted by: Nate.8379

Nate.8379

What time zone are you in, just out of curiosity. Fort Aspenwood could use a guild like you. People willing to defend are few and far in between on every server I’ve been on. You guys seem like a highly valuable asset to any server you guys join, and I’m sure just about any server would welcome you with open arms.

Fort Aspenwood is a great community full of aspiring, top of the line gvg guilds. Such as HOPE and Agg. We have a community teamspeak available to all guilds, and all players. Along with a community website with 2.5k members and 43k+ posts. If you are interested in us as a server feel free to whisper me in game. Or stop by our community forums as fort-aspenwood.com.

I hope where ever you decide to go that you enjoy yourself:) PEACE!

in Looking for...

Zepher.7803

NA Mornings for some and NA Prime evenings for both, it’s a nice split

FA has been mentioned by a few of us already so now we just all need to agree.

Sincerly, Me.

(edited by Zepher.7803)

in Looking for...

Nate.8379

NA Morning eh? Sounds like you’re the missing puzzle piece:3

Our NA prime is pretty stacked. One of the strongest in the game I could argue. You would love fighting side-by-side with our guilds here. And tell your guildies we have cookies:3

Also, FA may or may not be able to help fund a transfer. I personally am not in charge of said funds. But I know its has been mentioned quite a few times that we do in fact have a ‘savings account’ for transfers. If you want to know more please feel free to whisper me and I can direct you to the guy in charge of that:)

in Looking for...

Nate.8379

And by strong I mean skilled, not the most populated at all. We almost never have a queue in FA and when we do its on ONE map with no more than 20 in queue.

in Looking for...

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

I’ll send you guys some cookies if you come to FA. :-)

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in Looking for...

Posted by: mango.9267

mango.9267

I’m not sure what you consider high population, but IoJ is a (soon-to-be) T3 server with very defensive mindset. We have a number of guilds already dedicated to securing our BL/corner, walking yaks, scouting towers; the entire server culture is focused on defense as well.

You would fit in perfectly here. If you haven’t already, please consider us as well!

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/recruitment/The-Official-Isle-of-Janthir-Thread/

Second Child

in Looking for...

Posted by: JoeYl.4609

JoeYl.4609

Maybe you should consider to go in a EU server, with your timezone you could be a very great addition to the server you choose

in Looking for...

Posted by: Fannwong.3059

Fannwong.3059

Hello Zepher,

TC and any NA T2 server would totally benefit from your transfer. Your contribution would be 100% welcome for Season 2 and beyond.

FW

We have 10 solid people that are wondering if there is a need for a guild that enjoys the defensive side of things.

is there a need anywhere in the top tiers?

we can literally sit in towers/keeps all day and keep 2,3,4 places well sieged and nearby camps flowing.

and make kitten sure a zerg doesn’t need to come in and wipe 20 people plinking a gate or wall. (near or far)

[SoX] – JQ

in Looking for...

Posted by: Le Rooster.8715

Le Rooster.8715

lol TC have all 4 maps queued during NA prime, don’t go there.

Roosters Inc-Team Shatter [TS] Commander
Sea of Sorrows http://www.gw2sos.com/index.php

in Looking for...

Posted by: Delune.4817

Delune.4817

I’ve been on FA since 2 months after release, and it has become my home. I can tell you that your guild would be an amazing help to our server and your work would be greatly appreciated on the server if you came to FA. Feel free to contact myself as I am very well known on FA and in the community.

Commander All The Delune, Fort Aspenwood
Guild Leader of [TK]
“FA, stomping bandwagons since 2012….”

in Looking for...

Posted by: Omega.9601

Omega.9601

Would love to have a guild like yours on FA! Ive been on FA for a little over a year and can honestly say the community is amazing, and you guys would be greatly appreciated if you join our community.
Good luck finding a server!

Fort Aspenwood
Ectoplasm Ltd [GLOB] – Elementalist

in Looking for...

Posted by: Easterbunny.6170

Easterbunny.6170

Im pretty sure every server not effected by some odd brain disease should be in here offering you folks body parts.

Wish you had an interest in Bronze. You would like GOM.

-Mummies R Us

Mummies R Us
Gates of Madness Community
DUI Co-Founder

in Looking for...

Posted by: ShadowRain X.8159

ShadowRain X.8159

If you guys end up in FA, the FA team of dedicated scouts will assist you with defense, callouts and sieging up objectives. It’s been a while since we’ve had a defensive guild to assist with.

P.S.- RIP Fatalis

in Looking for...

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

Come FA.
We have the best community.

in Looking for...

Posted by: demetrodon.1457

demetrodon.1457

I wonder..do you have EU in mind ?

Ex [FURY] [PunK] [SOUL]
Far Shiverpeaks

in Looking for...

Posted by: Estarioll.5781

Estarioll.5781

you would be very welcome on Gandara, and be a great help to our GTFO guys & gals

Tipsy Dipsy, plank scrubber of The Bloody Pirates [YARR]
~Gandara~

in Looking for...

Posted by: Oslaf Beinir.5842

Oslaf Beinir.5842

If you ever consider EU servers then we’d love to extend an offer for you to join us here on Ring Of Fire. We already have a small team on TS dedicated to defense and upgrades on our home map and I’m sure they would be delighted to receive some friendly aid.

Get In The Van Yo[PR] -Play on Far Shiverpeaks/Gunner’s Hold/Vabbi

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in Looking for...

Posted by: Mercenary Higgins.1807

Mercenary Higgins.1807

You would be doing yourself a disservice without looking into Fort Aspenwood first. I have been on FA since launch and help out a lot with the community, don’t hesitate to pm me if you need any questions answered.

Mercenary Higgins: D/D
Fort Aspenwood

in Looking for...

Chaba.5410

P.S.- RIP Fatalis

I feel I must explain this…

Fort Aspenwood is no stranger to a guild like yours, which is why Fort Aspenwood would be a great fit for you guys. Fatalis was in [HL] The Havok Legion and specialized in defense. He’d siege up a keep like nobody’s business and he was much respected for it. He’d be asking lots of us to donate skill points and mats to help him convert siege to superior and we would help him out. He no longer plays, unfortunately.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs

in Looking for...

Posted by: Ellowyn.1596

Ellowyn.1596

Moving to Fort Aspenwood from IOJ was the best decision I ever made in game. I was a defensive borderland commander on IOJ for months and FA is definitely an environment where you guys will be appreciated.

Spirit of Faith [HOPE] Fort Aspenwood
Valco Frayne – Guard/ Tanwen Finlay – Warrior/
Ellowyn Rowe – Ele/ Little Miss Valco – Necro

in Looking for...

Posted by: Shonie.5297

Shonie.5297

Funny how 2 sites are so different…

Anet site— please come to FA, we love to play defence and love to ppt.
Gw2wvw site— FA is for the fights, PPT’ing is for losers

~Tarnished Coast~

in Looking for...

Chaba.5410

Where does it say here FA loves to play defense and we love to ppt?

FA has traditionally had a good mix of the different playstyles. That’s what has allowed FA to stay in tiers 2-3 for over a year while other servers have bandwagoned and/or imploded. The fact that we have a few more guilds leaning to the fights style is exactly why we would be a good match for a guild that doesn’t play that way. Good WvW requires a good mix and FA has community leadership that recognizes that and respects that.

Chaba Tangnu

in Looking for...

Posted by: slingblade.1437

slingblade.1437

Not sure how high-pop you are looking for, but SBI would certainly appreciate your defensive mindset. We have some defenders, such as myself, and we have gotten much better about map hopping to bring the zerg in when needed. We recently lost a lot of players to T1-2 servers and have stabilized from that, leaving us with a core of very dedicated and reasonably mature players who mostly get along well and welcome like-minded guilds and players. We’ve also continued to receive transfers in, even while others were moving off, in pursuit of T1 glory. We’d like to see SBI grow a bit and even out coverage with the help of more dedicated, even tempered, goal-oriented players to add to our existing core.

in Looking for...

Zepher.7803

We are currently checking out 4 or 5 servers, thanks for all the replies! it’s great to see such a need for this different style of WvW. maybe more smaller guilds can learn the joys of being prepared for the inevitable onslaught of bags

Thanks again.

Sincerly, Me.

in Looking for...

Posted by: Andrew Clear.1750

Andrew Clear.1750

I can tell you that SBI is in need of your services. We are going to be in the silver league for season 2 and it is gonna be a fun, but tough fight, for the 2nd and 3rd spots of the league (no one in silver has the numbers to compete with DB or FA).

You will not only find a home with some dedicated WvW members (the core has stuck around through 2 mass exodus’), but you will find that we are pretty respectful and like to have fun.

in Looking for...

Posted by: Sandrox.9524

Sandrox.9524

I can tell you Gandara have a strong guild also dedicated to defense(GTFO) and they sure welcome new members/new guild beside them.

in Looking for...

Posted by: Mugo.5723

Mugo.5723

If I could make an argument for a Bronze league server…AR was left for dead at the start of season 1. By utilizing a server wide TS and playing tenacious defense, we managed to place 5th in Bronze league. Now we face the same uphill battle as before except servers will not underestimate of us at the start of season 2.

For a Bronze league server we do have a strong OCX/SEA presence yet NA mornings your guild will have their hands full. NA prime during resets can be rough but steady after that. Bronze isn’t the ghost town it is perceived to be and AR would appreciate the help at those times.

Manvil Rock Commander Riem Gren [MAN]

(edited by Mugo.5723)

in Looking for...

Posted by: Corpse Flakes.5369

Corpse Flakes.5369

If I could make an argument for a Bronze league server…AR was left for dead at the start of season 1. By utilizing a server wide TS and playing tenacious defense, we managed to place 5th in Bronze league. Now we face the same uphill battle as before except servers will not underestimate of us at the start of season 2.

For a Bronze league server we do have a strong OCX/SEA presence yet NA mornings your guild will have their hands full. NA prime during resets can be rough but steady after that. Bronze isn’t the ghost town it is perceived to be and AR would appreciate the help at those times.

I’m not in charge of recruiting or anything but BlackGate needs more coverage to compete with the JQ with it’s new SoR guilds

-BelieveGate-

Anet please nerf Paper, Scissors is fine -Rock.

(edited by Corpse Flakes.5369)