Tempo Lock on Lute

Tempo Lock on Lute

in Audio

Posted by: PlayerX.7138

PlayerX.7138

One of my friends just got the Lute and he noticed the tempo lock button on the lute. What does that do exactly? Does it follow along to another instrument?

Tempo Lock on Lute

in Audio

Posted by: Cody Crichton.7516

Cody Crichton.7516

Sound Designer

Next

Enabling the tempo lock on your lute quantizes all of your lute chords to a global 120bpm tempo. This allows you to not only play in-time with yourself, but also to play in time with other tempo-locked lute players’ chords as well as people playing the Musical Frame Drum.

Unlocking your tempo allows you to play your chords freely, outside of the global tempo, similarly to how the individual lute notes are played.

Tempo Lock on Lute

in Audio

Posted by: Scrambles.2604

Scrambles.2604

Enabling the tempo lock on your lute quantizes all of your lute chords to a global 120bpm tempo. This allows you to not only play in-time with yourself, but also to play in time with other tempo-locked lute players’ chords as well as people playing the Musical Frame Drum.

Unlocking your tempo allows you to play your chords freely, outside of the global tempo, similarly to how the individual lute notes are played.

Any plans to add the ability to unlock the tempo for the Frame Drum, too?

Tempo Lock on Lute

in Audio

Posted by: Turtlebear.9136

Turtlebear.9136

Hi,
I would like to ask how come sometimes the lute “chords” are different? Despite pressing the same key, it would play different strums. I’ve tested this and noticed that there can be 3 different strums (or maybe more) from pressing the same note.

I also don’t quite understand how we are suppose to duet with other players on a locked 120bpm tempo? Unless you’re specifically playing songs that are 120bpm only…

Tempo Lock on Lute

in Audio

Posted by: Cody Crichton.7516

Previous

Cody Crichton.7516

Sound Designer

I would like to ask how come sometimes the lute “chords” are different? Despite pressing the same key, it would play different strums. I’ve tested this and noticed that there can be 3 different strums (or maybe more) from pressing the same note.

While each key represents a specific chord notation, different structures/performances of that chord notation can play on any given key for a variety of reasons:

1. The inversion of the chord changes depending on what the previous chord inversion was. This is done automatically in order to ensure the most natural-sounding voice leading, so you don’t have to think about it. Chord inversions included: Root position, first inversion and third inversion.

2. There are also variations. Think of them as several different takes of the given chord. (Take one, take two, take three). This is to allow extra diversity of the sound of a chord, to prevent repetitiveness.

3. For each chord type that is played, there is also an upstrum and downstrum version.

I also don’t quite understand how we are suppose to duet with other players on a locked 120bpm tempo? Unless you’re specifically playing songs that are 120bpm only…

That’s right, if you and another performer (lute or drum) get together and play to the global tempo, you can jam out in sync at 120 bpm. But if you want to play songs outside of 120bpm and don’t care about tempo drift then you can always unlock your tempo and play that way. The options are yours!

Tempo Lock on Lute

in Audio

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

Fantastic work on each instrument you release. Very much impressed with them and what you’ve achieved in creating, Mr. Cody Crichton -Designer of Sound- and team!

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |