1k gold profit a month flipping tp?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Empressium.5482

Empressium.5482

The reason i posted in this forum section because i’m curious whether i’m tat noob at playing tp and can’t get 1k gold profit/month . I got this guy who build The Juggernaut at earlier days of wintersday and today he build The Flameseeker Prophecies, meaning this guy got 1k gold/month to build another legendaries from scratch. (he doesn’t sold the juggernaut mind u) and whats more this guy only played 3 hours/weekdays and several hours at weekends, running some dungeons,spvp, wvw and tats it compared to a no lifer like me who played minimum 8 hours a day, question is due to I like to “stalk” peeps (I’ve “stalked” him before he got his juggernaut), I knew he’s not the farmer player type (either farm cof1 or farm stuffs and sell at tp) nor he’s sighted at farm zones (dun see him in orr, southsun cove ,frostgorge, caledon) which leaves a huge question where the kitten he got all those golds unless he’s a power trader?
So yes i’m asking the moguls here is tat possible gaining 1 k gold profit from flipping tp for a month (not selling precursors and legendaries) ?
I personally don’t want to think negatively for buying gold to gain such monies….

(edited by Empressium.5482)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Waraxx.4286

Waraxx.4286

sounds like he have been doing investment as well as 1k gold is very hard to do with only flipping 3h/day for a month.

most likely he allready have a capital beyond 1k gold anf have thus invested say 500g and there is items out there quadrupling in value over a month or two. thus he can afford another legendary and keep investing in future markets. but idk.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

Market manipulation/speculation is rife. The people engaged in it here will deny it, but I do it and I don’t have a clue how to make the big bucks.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Gasoline.2570

Gasoline.2570

I also wanna know how people get +2 legendaries already. With glowing backpiece and cultural tier 3 armor on top of those.

The balance team is chained to SPVP, and the PVE team is all about producing carnivals

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: peter.9024

peter.9024

Is it possible? Definitely! I mean you’re only looking at roughly 30 ish gold per day, which an experienced trader should be able to get with enough capital. I’m more surprised that he managed to farm that karma within a month, or he might have bought it off the TP straight.

Skullclamp

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: The Blue Ace.2850

The Blue Ace.2850

This game isn’t about adverture, jorneys and epic battle anymore, it just full of gold market players and whats worst is that legendarys are 90% market required.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Waraxx.4286

This game isn’t about adverture, jorneys and epic battle anymore, it just full of gold market players and whats worst is that legendarys are 90% market required.

sadly, yes, this is true. but i have no idea of how to fix current situation on legendarys other than remove them from the tp, and make precurser have a increased chanse of drop and make then acc bound… but that would prob kitten me off even further.

OT: 10g in 1/h. sounds legit. that’s 17s/min. you have to be crazy good to pull that off for even a few minutes.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: trane.4569

trane.4569

sadly, yes, this is true. but i have no idea of how to fix current situation on legendarys other than remove them from the tp, and make precurser have a increased chanse of drop and make then acc bound… but that would prob kitten me off even further.

I think they should take legendaries out of the trading post…
Legendaries should be a reward for playing the game and not for making money.
The recipe should be more about stuff like the badges of honor, karma, the dungeon gift, the gift of mastery, the icy runestones etc…
And I dont understand why they didnt put any item in the recipe that requires Glory.

uuuhmn… yeah.. that’s about it.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

There’s no reason to take finished legendaries out of the Trading Posts when crafting them is almost entirely based on stuff you can buy.

They failed to make Legendary weapons a task-based accomplisment at almost every step. At this point if Legendary purple-name gear is ever going to be a prestige item, it’ll be when they introduce Legendary armor and the process isn’t 90% “how much gold do you have to throw at them?”

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Protoavis.9107

Protoavis.9107

There’s no reason to take finished legendaries out of the Trading Posts when crafting them is almost entirely based on stuff you can buy.

They failed to make Legendary weapons a task-based accomplisment at almost every step. At this point if Legendary purple-name gear is ever going to be a prestige item, it’ll be when they introduce Legendary armor and the process isn’t 90% “how much gold do you have to throw at them?”

There’s too much potential there that the Crystin Cox wouldn’t allow that to go through, you want every component to be super expensive on the TP so people are more incline to just buy gems to exchange for gold.

Let us buy vendor mats (eg spools of thread) in 250 stacks, end the excessive clicking.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Gasoline.2570

Gasoline.2570

What about that 1 million karma and 500 badges of honor, not to mention map completion?

The balance team is chained to SPVP, and the PVE team is all about producing carnivals

in Black Lion Trading Co

The Blue Ace.2850

What about that 1 million karma and 500 badges of honor, not to mention map completion?

Doesn’t really matter now does it since they’re on the TP,
but even then krama you get without even noticing it,
badges can be got easily from the wvw jumping puzzles and map completion?
If your not playing a mmorpg for exploration then what are you playing it for?
2013 market sim?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Rakuren Kenshou.7689

Rakuren Kenshou.7689

I’m pretty casual on the TP, but I flip items for 15-30 minutes a day. Usually make 2-3 gold a day because of it.

I could easily see a player investing more time and money could earn 10 times that by hitting bigger items for bigger profits.

A huge thing is catching items before they spike. For example, I had 4 or 5 stacks of chocolate that I bought at 3 copper and sold them for I believe 1s25c a piece. That’s around 12 gold right there. Imagine if someone filled every slot they could with Chocolate just as the hype started.

If you’re smart and catch those waves when they happen, you could easily crack 100-200 gold from it. Still, 1000 in a month is impressive, but I imagine it’s possible.

“I reject your reality and substitute my own.”

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

I’ve had almost no luck in flipping on the TP. I’ve certainly tried, but I can’t find items that move fast enough to make any decent profit. I’m just starting though. I make far more profit from crafting. With 60g capital I am making 4g/day only logging in 5 minutes a day, not very much, but not very hard either.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

The recipe should be more about stuff like the badges of honor, karma, the dungeon gift, the gift of mastery, the icy runestones etc…
And I dont understand why they didnt put any item in the recipe that requires Glory.

I concur with this opinion;

• There are many items which can’t be traded, why not legendaries?
  • Legendaries should be changed from being market-oriented in their requirements to being task-oriented so that people can have fun instead of just being expert traders, third-party gold-buyers or gem purchasers – as it stands, legendaries are tarnished with a bad reputation.
  • There are plenty of jumping puzzles and other achievements which could be made into a requirement instead of the tier 6 materials and ridiculously rare lodestones.

The legendaries are supposed to (sic) “show off your accomplishments and symbolise all of the things that you’ve been doing” (Lead Designer Isiah Cartwright – in this video) and “show everyone that you are a true master of Guild Wars 2” quoted from here. I think I speak for the entire community when I say that Legendaries fail to do both of these things and perhaps even suggest that their visual effects be changed to reflect the influence that the market has had in the acquisition of the legendaries, for example a trail of dollar bills or money that flutters out of the weapon on hit.

Here is a video which discusses the problem of legendaries being available on the trading post

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

(edited by Svarty.8019)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: BeduinoAlbino.9812

BeduinoAlbino.9812

• Legendaries should be changed from being market-oriented in their requirements to being task-oriented so that people can have fun instead of just being expert traders, third-party gold-buyers or gem purchasers – as it stands, legendaries are tarnished with a bad reputation.
  • There are plenty of jumping puzzles and other achievements which could be made into a requirement instead of the tier 6 materials and ridiculously rare lodestones.

The legendaries are supposed to (sic) “show off your accomplishments and symbolise all of the things that you’ve been doing” (Lead Designer Isiah Cartwright – in this video) and “show everyone that you are a true master of Guild Wars 2” quoted from here. I think I speak for the entire community when I say that Legendaries fail to do both of these things and perhaps even suggest that their visual effects be changed to reflect the influence that the market has had in the acquisition of the legendaries, for example a trail of dollar bills or money that flutters out of the weapon on hit.

Here is a video which discusses the problem of legendaries being available on the trading post

You just said everything I wanted to.

“Never disturb your opponent when he is about to make a mistake.”

in Black Lion Trading Co

The Blue Ace.2850

Fully agree.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

Fully agree.

Agree as well. Wonder why (haven’t searched) there isn’t a thread asking when legendaries that will actually “show off your accomplishments and symbolize all of the things that you’ve been doing” besides playing the tp will be added to the game?

Serenity now~Insanity later

in Black Lion Trading Co

Waraxx.4286

Agree as well. Wonder why (haven’t searched) there isn’t a thread asking when legendaries that will actually “show off your accomplishments and symbolize all of the things that you’ve been doing” besides playing the tp will be added to the game?

you missed them(they are in the crafting topic), i’ve made some pretty long texts about it.
and sadly most people on the forum thinks that the legendarys are fine right now and shouldn’t be altered in any way. apparently grinding gold is a “legendary feat” to them. some of them even think the 1mil karma / 500 badges are to much to ask.

my opinion in this matter is:

• the karma (or fractal relics) needed, should drastically be increased, at least 3x the current amount of karma ( or fractal relics.) but the amount of cloves should be unchanged. ( no need for more rng)
    why? because karma is super easy to come by and there isn’t really a good karma sink in the game other than legendarys ( which people cant make due to the massive amounts of gold recquired). and you get karma from playing the game ( note, dailies and a monthly from one month gives you around 288k karma alone)
  • the tokens and badges required shouldn’t be altered, however, there should be a new item ( call it “legtem” for now) which can only be bought using fractal relics , any type of dungeon tokens or badges of honor, make it a nice ratio or something.
    why? because it’s acquired from playing the game and how good you are at it meaning that a good player will make a legendary quicker then a bad player and this i think should be encouraged. mindlessly farming orr won’t give you any skills other then dealing with boredom.
  • removing precursors. yes it is a very drastic move but probably the most needed.
    why? because precursors is a good idea, in theory, it puts a limit to the amount of legendarys. but what it actually creates, is a big kitten lottery. and tbh here, i like rng. i truly do, but only “good” rng. mystic cloves are an example of a “good” rng. there is a pretty big chance i’ll get what I’m aiming for (33%) AND i can get other things that make me even more happier but that i don’t really aim for, i.e lodestones. ( this is what makes it good). but when the rng is so bad. only a few % of the players will ever get a precursor dropped and it will most likely not be the precursor they wanted in the first place so they’ll just sell it on the tp thus all that matters is g/h to get your precursor. that rng is bad for the game and for the players. as it rewards luck to much.

and some might argue that the removal of the precursor will only make other materials rise in price because people now don’t have to buy a precursor thus they can afford other materials for the legendary. thus pushing the legendary to the same price. while this is partly true, it wont push the price to where it was before the precursor removal because of the amount of karma / legtem needed and thus the legendarys will now be more like " wow i finally have enough obsidian stones/legtems to get a legendary!". rather than the current “wow, i finally have enough gold to make a legendary!”

these changes will also make other legendarys more wanted due to the prestige that they have in them, atm i feel the more money a legendary costs the more prestige is in it and this is a bad thing for a item that’s meant to represent what you have been doing in the game.

that’s my opinion anyway. and if you want to keep discussing this matter here use the spoiler function ( [ spoiler] text [ /spoiler] ) otherwise go ahead and try and convince the trolls over at the crafting topic.

yeah, my opinion is rather long and off topic so i put it a spoiler so only those who wants to read it may do so.

OT
I see, 30 min giving you a few gold, and then 3h should easily give 10. well, tbh i haven’t tried that much flipping. so i really should’t have commented :P.

(edited by Waraxx.4286)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

Probably, 1000 gold per month = 33 gold per day. Maybe some of those big time tp trader can make 30+ gold in a day.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Firegoth.6427

Firegoth.6427

33g a day isn’t that hard guys, but it turns the game into a job, which I had enough.
So only running fractals now for shiny capacitor.

But I’m very curious myself how can one get 1m karma simply by playing 3h a week + a few on weekend?
He either bought the weapon as whole off the TP or had some massive boosts piled up.

But yeah, 33g a day is very doable…

1+1 = potato