in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ox See Sox.3687

Ox See Sox.3687

Hi, here is the result for 50 BLC opened:
——————
4000 Gems / 50 $ / 270 Gold
——————
220 Gems i turned to 15 gold.
Rest bought 50 Keys and got the screenshot result.

From Mini Caithe to Box of Fun***

Attachments:

Brains > Brawls
So Much Blur

50 Black Lyon Keys

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

Hmm two tickets. Buy weapons at 1 per ticket when they’re on sale and then wait until their price goes to 100 gold and beyond. Profit?

One – Piken Square

50 Black Lyon Keys

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Buttercup.5871

Buttercup.5871

Follow Tom’s advice, it’s solid. Place buy orders on the tormented skins you want, and hold on to those tickets.

50 Black Lyon Keys

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Rovaeden.8546

Rovaeden.8546

so, basically you got a whole lot of nothing.

50 Black Lyon Keys

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Esmee.1067

Esmee.1067

so, basically you got a whole lot of nothing.

For me this wouldn’t have been the worst outcome of a gamble:
Gold Total:
3 mini Caithe – 4g 80s / each – 14g 40s
1 Pink Quaggan – 2g 99s 65c
1 Plush Charr – 92s 37c
12 Unidentified Dyes – 38s 48c / each – 4g 61s 76c
Total: 22g 93s 78c (18g 35s 2c after TP-fees)

Tickets:
2 Black Lion Claim Ticket and 6 Scraps is a bit more difficult to name, if you buy/sell straight away you can count on ~50g/ticket, but if you wait a few months it could add up to 150g/ticket.

Gem total: (for items I’d use, but this is very personal.)
3 Make-over Kits – 1050 Gems
1 Hairstyle Kit – 250 Gems
10 Transmutation Stones – 360 Gems
3 Black Lion Keys – 375 Gems
Black Lion Salvage Kit – 300 Gems
Total: 2335 Gems

So the results are +/- 118g 35s 2c in gold, 2335 Gems in items (assuming you have use for all the items I listed, since that’s personal.) which in 1 currency would be 4088 gems with a 4000 Gems investment, or 274g 96s 27c for a 270g investment. With the potentional of +50-150g if you wait patiently with selling the Ticket-Weaponskins.

I didn’t count the Scraps since ‘just’ them trades for absolutely nothing, nor the items I highly doubt anyone uses, let alone invests gems in.

Oh and dear OP, thank you for sharing! I’m always curious about these gambles.

(edited by Esmee.1067)

50 Black Lyon Keys

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Charming Rogue.8071

Charming Rogue.8071

So the results are +/- 118g 35s 2c in gold, 2335 Gems in items (assuming you have use for all the items I listed, since that’s personal.) which in 1 currency would be 4088 gems with a 4000 Gems investment, or 274g 96s 27c for a 270g investment. With the potentional of +50-150g if you wait patiently with selling the Ticket-Weaponskins.

Yeah, but all that stuff is useless XD (At least for me anyway). I’d rather buy a cool armor set or something with gems. Or a Bank tab, Or infinite tools. Or character slots. You know, things that actually matter!

Oh well, thx for posting the results. It’s posts like these that prevent me from losing a lot of money/gold, because it shows that the drops aren’t for me.

Desolation – EU – [KING] – Immortal Kingdom

50 Black Lyon Keys

in Black Lion Trading Co

Esmee.1067

Yeah, but all that stuff is useless XD (At least for me anyway). I’d rather buy a cool armor set or something with gems. Or a Bank tab, Or infinite tools. Or character slots. You know, things that actually matter!

Oh well, thx for posting the results. It’s posts like these that prevent me from losing a lot of money/gold, because it shows that the drops aren’t for me.

You’d still break even with just the tickets, but that’d require patience, something you should have assuming you want profit with BL-Weapons, but also speculation dependant, so I didn’t want to go there.

I’m not much of a gambler in the first place, but if you like only 1 out of the many outcomes rather than a few it should be quite clear before-hand it’s not going to be worth it, if it was, everyone would invest in keys just for the gold profit.

Hairstyle kits, make-over kits and Transmutation stones are used once in a while by the majority of players judging from how many you see walking around in the kit-unique appearances and in armor that doesn’t have the corrosponding stats. The keys got counted since well, the OP spend money on them in the first place. The kit can be argued, I like it as lucky drop, but it’s by far not worth 300 gems.

So back to what I started the post with: The outcome could have been a lot worse (I expected it to be a lot worse.)

(edited by Esmee.1067)

50 Black Lyon Keys

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ayimera.7028

ayimera.7028

I think those are dye packs, not makeover kits.

50 Black Lyon Keys

in Black Lion Trading Co

Esmee.1067

I think those are dye packs, not makeover kits.

Ah dangit, I forgot those could drop aswell.

50 Black Lyon Keys

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Rovaeden.8546

Rovaeden.8546

Exactly this^

So like I said, a whole lot of useless nothing.

A 4 gold gain (not counting speculation and waiting +/- a month) is pretty pathetic. I can make that in one circuit of Queensdale, harvesting junk.

So, again, a whole lot of useless.

Thanks for the breakdown though.