9/16 gemstore - finisher, backpack, nodes

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: dulfy.1493

dulfy.1493

Hey everyone, the gemstore updated today with 3 new items.

• Avatar of Death Finisher for 800 gems
  • Mist Herald Backpack for 500 gems
  • Basic Gathering Node (give 3 plant nodes) for 800 gems.

You can see some pics/videos of these items here: http://dulfy.net/2014/09/16/gw2-gemstoremist-herald-backpack-harvesting-node-and-avatar-of-death-finisher/

Enjoy!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

Just a warning on the new backpack, it stretches while you run and looks very displeasing. Also the stripes are unmodifyable and do not correspond to any of your guild colors.

Attachments:

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

As usual, thank you for this information Dulfy.

(However I think I’ll be holding onto my gems a bit longer)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Absconditus.6804

Absconditus.6804

Not sure who it is that places these nodes that we can buy, but again, it’s just a quick dump somewhere, with seemingly no care for how it looks. They even float.. so it’s not enough that they are growing out from slabs of stone, they float above them too. How about putting a tiny bit of effort into the things we are giving you real money for, designers/devs/whoever it was that did these placements? Come on, shape up a bit, this looks like a quick sloppy job with little to no effort placed behind it.

Attachments:

Vella Absconditus | Human Mesmer
Seafarer’s Rest

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Not sure who it is that places these nodes that we can buy, but again, it’s just a quick dump somewhere, with seemingly no care for how it looks. They even float.. so it’s not enough that they are growing out from slabs of stone, they float above them too. How about putting a tiny bit of effort into the things we are giving you real money for, designers/devs/whoever it was that did these placements? Come on, shape up a bit, this looks like a quick sloppy job with little to no effort placed behind it.

Lol. There is a spot a few feet over where the trees are. That should be where they are placed. Not on top of a pathway made of stone.

Maybe the people who put these in need to run though the NDE (New Dev Experience). That’s bound to have helpful hints on where to place plants, along with the ‘how to make costumes that don’t have ginormous shoulders’ tutorial.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Absconditus.6804

Absconditus.6804

Lol. There is a spot a few feet over where the trees are. That should be where they are placed. Not on top of a pathway made of stone.

Maybe the people who put these in need to run though the NDE (New Dev Experience). That’s bound to have helpful hints on where to place plants, along with the ‘how to make costumes that don’t have ginormous shoulders’ tutorial.

The tree nodes are actually just as bad. For one, if you selected the Hylek in the Personal Story, that area is already cluttered. There’s a huge overabundance of Hylek standing in that spot. If you got the Krait Obelisk from the Living Story, that’s smack in the middle of those Hylek as well. When they placed the tree node pack, they put a tree right beside the Krait Obelisk, between the Hylek, so it’s been an annoyance to go gather it. I swear, they don’t even check if there’s something there from before.

Since the latest patch, they’ve moved the Krait Obelisk, which is horrible looking in its new location now, and the excessive amount of copy-pasta Hyleks are still there, so I still need to wiggle between Greet and actually getting to gather the node I paid real money for, as a convenience, which is not so convenient.. it’s still terrible overall. All they needed to do, was reduce the amount of Hyleks down to 3, since there’s 3 models, place them a bit better so they don’t got one foot on a raised platform and one floating in the air, move that one tree right next to the Krait Obelisk, and ta-da, done, it’d be visually appealing, not cluttered, more enjoyable.

I wonder if any of the designers who crafted the beautiful world of this game is still left on the team. Do they have someone to go over these things and tell them what is starting to get messy? You know, a design lead. I hope they’ll go do an overhaul on the Home Instance at some point, allow us to do our own player housing within it, and at the same time, fix up all these little clutter-issues. Make stuff more enjoyable and visually appealing again. I miss the ability to obtain and move around furniture. I loved that in a few other MMO’s I played before GW2.

Attachments:

Vella Absconditus | Human Mesmer
Seafarer’s Rest

(edited by Absconditus.6804)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Sola.7250

Sola.7250

Like to hear more about the new Gathering Node, like what players are getting from it? One or two onions and/or heads of cabbage just doesn’t seem worth it!

Would like to see;
– Berry Gathering Node (strawberry, blueberry, raspberry 2-3 each per gathering).
– Herb Gathering Node (4-6 different Herbs (all levels) per gathering).

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Aedelric.1287

Aedelric.1287

Aesthetics are important!

The nodes are again just dumped into the home instance with zero thought on the location or presentation. Gemstore team please go back to all the nodes and rethink where and how you place them.

Make sure the nodes are not floating, plants growing out of stone and pavement are just plain ridiculous. You have to put at least some effort into it if you expect people to buy them, seriously it is not hard to beautify the node locations and make sure the placement is sensible. You at least owe that to your paying customers.

This bit is not really part of the store, but related to the home instance. If You do decide to fix these issues you could also tweak the nodes from the living story, like being moved out of the human orphanage and into a more sensible location. The Krait Obelisk Shard could also do with having the same beautification/sensible location treatment.

“I am Evon Gnashblade and this message is acceptable to me.”

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Yeah, the Krait Obelisk in Salma District is actually hovering slightly above the ground. It’s not a big deal, but it is a bit bothersome.

A good example of good node placement is in the Hero’s Canton. The tree nodes are clustered around a bigger tree (makes sense), the metal nodes are against a wall (makes sense. You could just have big lumps of ore put there awaiting processing), and the plant nodes are still on earth.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: JusticarArkiel.1564

JusticarArkiel.1564

Just a warning on the new backpack, it stretches while you run and looks very displeasing. Also the stripes are unmodifyable and do not correspond to any of your guild colors.

i actually liked the stretching, to me it looks more realistic maybe. the unmodifyable colors though are a pain.

Fix what you have before you build something new

in Black Lion Trading Co

Esplen.3940

Yes, we make flags that stretch when you run but not while you stand still. The that sounds like a very realistic cloth.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: JusticarArkiel.1564

JusticarArkiel.1564

Yes, we make flags that stretch when you run but not while you stand still. The that sounds like a very realistic cloth.

um…………..hate to break it to you………but cloth stretches when forces are put against it, like wind. the stretch is barely noticable anyway if you don’t like it.

Fix what you have before you build something new

in Black Lion Trading Co

Esplen.3940

um…………..hate to break it to you………but cloth stretches when forces are put against it, like wind. the stretch is barely noticable anyway if you don’t like it.

Considering the cloth physics don’t make it fall down while you’re standing still (it stays up straight), and then how it stretches, it doesn’t look realistic at all.

Have you guys actually seen the guild symbols while you’re moving?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

The norn personal home instance has my preference now, everything is super easy to reach, except ore, but there’s a shortcut, that you can run straight for them. Not to much going around. Today I got a ‘Yam’ at 9 silver from the node, not to bad. And a kale + onion. Yesterday cabbage (worthless). So it’s random. Haven’t checked human home instance yet, but this looks stupid, anyone checked sylvari home?

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Curtis Johnson

Curtis Johnson

Whups.. That’s not even where those are supposed to be. These will be fixed in the next update.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

Whups.. That’s not even where those are supposed to be. These will be fixed in the next update.

Whups, lol xD

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: smithkt.8062

smithkt.8062

The norn personal home instance has my preference now, everything is super easy to reach, except ore, but there’s a shortcut, that you can run straight for them. Not to much going around. Today I got a ‘Yam’ at 9 silver from the node, not to bad. And a kale + onion. Yesterday cabbage (worthless). So it’s random. Haven’t checked human home instance yet, but this looks stupid, anyone checked sylvari home?

Can you elaborate on the shortcut? I always use the Norn home instance, but it’s irritating having to run up and over on the stairs.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: orthoptera.8142

orthoptera.8142

Like to hear more about the new Gathering Node, like what players are getting from it? One or two onions and/or heads of cabbage just doesn’t seem worth it!

Would like to see;
– Berry Gathering Node (strawberry, blueberry, raspberry 2-3 each per gathering).
– Herb Gathering Node (4-6 different Herbs (all levels) per gathering).

I’ve gotten Yams 2x already, also Kale. Got 2 Sage leaves from the Herb node one day, that was nice.

On the ease of access issue, I have the most trouble reaching the Wood and Ore nodes in the Sylvari home instance. My first time looking for them there I got totally lost and bumped outside the instance. :p

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Vanive.3804

Vanive.3804

On a side note please put the nodes on sale again so I can buy them all. Thx :p

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

The nodes are always available…

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Black Lion Trading Co

Vanive.3804

The nodes are always available…

Yep, and I want them at sales prices.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Becka Williams.4978

Becka Williams.4978

They were never on sale.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Vanive.3804

They were never on sale.

sigh Ok, I never said they have are were on sale, and I know for the most part always be in the gem store at 800 gems each…what I was saying is I want anet to put them on sale this week so I can save some gems…like any thrifty consumer..most times when I buy stuff I buy during sales..how hard was that to understand? -_-

in Black Lion Trading Co

Esplen.3940

They were never on sale.

sigh Ok, I never said they have are were on sale, and I know for the most part always be in the gem store at 800 gems each…what I was saying is I want anet to put them on sale this week so I can save some gems…like any thrifty consumer..most times when I buy stuff I buy during sales..how hard was that to understand? -_-

And I want to never have to worry about money again. High five for unrealistic wants!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Vanive.3804

They were never on sale.

And I want to never have to worry about money again. High five for unrealistic wants!

k bro.. Not sure how unrealistic that is . I’ve gotten plenty of items from BLT on sale that you probably would assume wouldn’t…and missed a few sales like for the copper fed salvage-o-matic. So other than trolling your comment was pointless.

(edited by Vanive.3804)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Phoebe Ascension.8437

Can you elaborate on the shortcut? I always use the Norn home instance, but it’s irritating having to run up and over on the stairs.

The stairs = the shortcut. It’s just as short as it would be on Human instance from left to right metal nodes. Just the stairs where you enter (where the trees are), straight up and down. I used to go all the way to back and go around there. Also you can jump off the stairs, instead of walking them down at gold/copper/silver or part. If you execute it well enough (not to hard) you can jump over it. (Just not on the straight parts).

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Becka Williams.4978

Becka Williams.4978

They were never on sale.

Because you said you wanted them to go on sale again. The “again” part was what made your statement hard to understand.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Charrbeque.8729

Charrbeque.8729

The plants in the human’s home instance in Divinity’s Reach are on a slab of concrete. -.-

There’s something charming about rangers.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Phoebe Ascension.8437

I just did a quick peek in Sylvari instance, and they fixed the ultra hard to reach trees. Same for the obelisk sp on top of the tree in divinities Reach. It’s now more to the left, without a tree over it. So Anet DOES listen lol. Thanks Anet as someone who has bought all home instance upgrade things, this is great.

(edited by Phoebe Ascension.8437)