(ALERT!) Major Flaw in the BLTP System.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Harrada.8041

Harrada.8041

There is a major problem currently plaguing the trading post. This problem occurs when 2 or more players are selling a product at the same price. Many of you probably already know what I am talking about.

Lets say you are trying to sell a stack of silk. Then another player starts selling multiple stacks of silk at the same price as you. Rather then yours selling first, you have to wait for his 2000 silk to sell before you get your turn.

This is very frustrating and unfair.

Frankly, I don’t understand why this was not addressed in the beta. It doesn’t make any sense at all. It rewards players for being last rather than first.

In my opinion, when it comes to multiple people selling something at the same price, the one who posted first should be first to sell, not be put at the bottom of the stack. If you want your stuff to sell faster, you should be forced to set it to a lower price

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Natsu Dragneel.1625

Natsu Dragneel.1625

I always thought that the one listed first at the same price sold first, I guess I could have been wrong but I don’t have any evidence to prove otherwise.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

devs have stated that the TP is FIFO (first in, first out). meaning that your 250 silk would sell before someone else who listed 2000 at the same price.
now, what’s likely is that the 2000 would be listed at 1c below your price. in that case, theirs would sell first as it’s for less coin.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

From what I’ve seen it is FIFO. However there may, and I haven’t experimented to see, that if you “top off” an item, that the old amount acts as a placeholder so the new items are considered old.

Buy side seems to work OK.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Harrada.8041

Harrada.8041

I have tested it many times with other players. When you are selling at the same price, its first in/last out.

Not sure if its a bug for me, or what. But I do indeed have to wait at the bottom of my price stack.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: tolunart.2095

tolunart.2095

File a bug report.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: SRG.3607

SRG.3607

I too believe it’s first in, first out.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Risingashes.8694

Risingashes.8694

It used to be bugged and was LIFO 8 months ago.

But it was fixed and has been FIFO ever since.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: OneManArmy.9732

OneManArmy.9732

first in, first out.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: John Smith.4610

John Smith.4610

It used to be bugged and was LIFO 8 months ago.

But it was fixed and has been FIFO ever since.