Acid/Acrid dye investment?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: jazzllanna.1278

jazzllanna.1278

These 2 dyes out of the new packs are both under 10 gold. The last set of limited dyes that were on the low price end seemed to stay around 15-25 gold. This being the last weekend for these dyes until a special sell would it be a good investment? I personally really like Acrid and was surprised to see it hit under 6 gold for buy orders, so really not sure what to expect with it. Any thoughts?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: shawshank.4906

shawshank.4906

As for all ‘limited’ time dyes you can expect a spike at the end of their selling period, but after the spike, prices will be lower than they are now. Invest then and watch them rise slowly and sell them before they are available at BLTC again.

in Black Lion Trading Co

jazzllanna.1278

So getting a couple now may work out? Gahh I guess I will try it and find out :P I know the other limited dyes went to around 10 gold less than they are now so fingers crossed.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

These dyes also aren’t as popular. Not a ton of people seem to use green. I snagged a few for personal use, but I don’t expect them to go up like the f&f dyes did though.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Jabberwock.9014

Jabberwock.9014

They are incredibly ugly and undesirable unlike ff dyes. IMO speculation due to the performance of ff dyes is the only thing keeping them as high as they are right now.

Get stoned whenever you want:
Endless Petrification Tonic

in Black Lion Trading Co

jazzllanna.1278

They are incredibly ugly and undesirable unlike ff dyes. IMO speculation due to the performance of ff dyes is the only thing keeping them as high as they are right now.

I found acrid to be really pretty. But to each his own. I think they look just as good as flare and that one is really high for what it is imo.

Attachments:

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Tamaki Revolution.3548

Tamaki Revolution.3548

Was it mentioned that this was the last weekend for them? The supply has been drained, and all the prices are way up all of a sudden :P Not going to bother now.

in Black Lion Trading Co

jazzllanna.1278

Yes they are gone from the the gem store Monday night. A few other things as well the minis from set 1 and tequatal, not sure what else.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Osi.3504

Osi.3504

Most likely a horrible investment, if you look at the two bottom dweller dyes from F&F set, they are both very cheap and only a few gold higher than they were the FIRST and second time they were released. ( I think 12-18 gold atm?) and after the dye packs were discontinued I think they were around 10 gold. For months of time it’s not worth the investment and pointless. They will be re-released again before they pick up any value I suspect unless it’s silly like the top F&F dyes where you have 60+ stock listed above 60 gold because people leave them listed that high and don’t continue to undercut eachother consistantly.

Dye packs are limited sale, not limited edition therefore they will be back again and again, who knows when. Perhaps when they revamp god temples in orr, or anything deathly related.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

All I know is that I really wanted Algae. I went to put a bid in last night finally and it spiked within the last day or two to 35g…

Such is life.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: waldie.6015

waldie.6015

Yes they are gone from the the gem store Monday night. A few other things as well the minis from set 1 and tequatal, not sure what else.

they can still be bought.

in Black Lion Trading Co

jazzllanna.1278

they can still be bought.

After that date- not from the gem store. I am not sure what time Monday they are gone or if it is Tuesday before the patch but after that you will not see them in the gem store unless it is a special sale.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

They were RNG boxes to begin with. It’s always been a smarter investment or buy method to get them from the TP.