And the rest of the precursors follow

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Gasoline.2570

Gasoline.2570

Look at the trading post. What is going on? All of them are starting to hover 600g. Hunter went in like 2 weeks 200g and so forth.

Hey anet are you listening? Oh wait you’re monitoring

Aka not doing anything, coz that’s how it really seems like. This is just faaantastic.

The balance team is chained to SPVP, and the PVE team is all about producing carnivals

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ursan.7846

Ursan.7846

I think it’s amusing to wonder if threads like these (omg precursor prices are going up so fast) influences people to speculate on precursors and drive their prices up.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Gasoline.2570

I think it’s amusing to wonder if you ever stop trolling around this forum because I literally see you post on just about every thread with derails.

The balance team is chained to SPVP, and the PVE team is all about producing carnivals

in Black Lion Trading Co

Ursan.7846

I think it’s amusing to wonder if you ever stop trolling around this forum because I literally see you post on just about every thread with derails.

While it’s an entertaining thought, it’s still a serious question. I think the powers of speculation based on forum posts have been proven to be quite the significant force in the market (See ecto prices after a dev announcement about a patch). You see a lot of posts raising the alarm about increasing precursor prices. You do have to wonder if these posts feed into any speculative activity that overall increase precursor prices.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

OP – You could always just make a Precursor using the Mystic Forge method. It’s a lot more fun than waiting for TP prices to drop. And it’s technically free if you farm a lot, and get Rares/Exotics of the weapon you want.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Ursan.7846

OP – You could always just make a Precursor using the Mystic Forge method. It’s a lot more fun than waiting for TP prices to drop. And it’s technically free if you farm a lot, and get Rares/Exotics of the weapon you want.

That’s not technically free since you have the opportunity cost of selling the weapon.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Charismatic Harm.9683

Charismatic Harm.9683

Look at the trading post. What is going on? All of them are starting to hover 600g. Hunter went in like 2 weeks 200g and so forth.

Aka not doing anything, coz that’s how it really seems like. This is just faaantastic.

Do you think it could have anything to do with speculation regarding the patch tomorrow?

From what I understand, the mega-boss chests are going to change so that the guaranteed rare drop will be once per account per boss per day and be separated out into it’s only “chest” like the Daily and Monthly reward.

People are assuming this means a dramatic reduction in rares and a lower likelihood of receiving a precursor via those rares being “upgraded”.

The speculation could also be about what people can affordably get their hands on. I have a feeling people are also assuming that since some Legendaries had their effects overhauled in the last patch (the more popular ones) that the less popular ones will receive some attention in this patch. If they do…and the effects look pretty cool….these less popular Legendaries could become MORE popular. Those that have the precursors for those less popular ones could stand to make substantial money on them.

Not everything is a giant conspiracy. Anet is not out to screw us over….or “force” us to convert gold to gems.

Anet is monitoring the situation currently because they don’t have a great option to implement right this very second. I have a great amount of faith that if they feel there is a real problem, they will do something about it. If it was completely out of control, I’m sure they’d intervene sooner rather than later….but as it is….the single exotic weapon used to craft the most exclusive item in the game doesn’t seem too overpriced to me.

The market of every single item on the Trading Post is player controlled. Instead of complaining that Anet change it to make it easier for you, perhaps you should speak to the players that are pricing it out of your grasp. I’m assuming it’s out of your grasp because most people don’t complain about things they CAN afford.

….and before you say anything…..

No. I don’t have a Legendary.
No. I don’t have a precursor.
No. I’m not one of the people “manipulating” the precursor market.

Guild: Member of Charter Vanguard [CV]
Logic will never win an argument on the forums…..only a sense of entitlement will.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Titan.3472

Titan.3472

Price of precursors will probably skyrocket soon (reaching 800-1000g I bet) as we see no scavenger hunt coming in next patch…
Why it would increase in price ? There is no other ways (than the currently ones atm) to get them atm AND the total amount of gold IG is growing a lot everyday so this is the cause of the incoming inflation, that’s all…
Like IRL more money is “printed” (farming gold is like print money), less overal value the gold has itself and you need more (in quantity of gold) to acquire the same item…
More people farm gold, more they ll have to farm gold… so the only way to get rid of this inflation IG is to give people some way to acquire what they need running and playing regular content without needing farming gold, give more drops on some material and more ways to get precursors, lowering prices and impact of TP on players even if it’s only once per day per chest or per event it would be already a step against this crazy inflation curve that GW2 has created around T6mat, precursors and legendaries :p
Everyone who know this rule about inflation due to the amount of money created and available would buy a valuable item and sell it back with profit in like a month or two. Like people who bought some few month ago did. And like some people aware of this are doing actually… So Precurosrs prices won’t fall unless Anet give us another way to get one than RNG and TP.
Be happy, it’s all depending on Anet.

(edited by Titan.3472)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Gasoline.2570

400g fun. Sure is. A lot of fun. The toilet is so much fun.

And no I’m not alone on that either. I know multiple people who were driven to the same ditch.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Ursan.7846

Price of precursors will probably skyrocket soon (reaching 800-1000g I bet) as we see no scavenger hunt coming in next patch…
Why it would increase in price ? There is no more ways to get them atm AND the total amount of gold IG is growing a lot everyday so this is the cause of the incoming inflation, that’s all…
Like IRL more money is “printed” (farming gold is like print money), less overal value the gold has itself and you need more (in quantity of gold) to acquire the same item…

1. Precursors are constantly being produced everyday. The statement “There is no more ways to get them” is false.
2. You are ignoring the many significant sinks in this game. Namely, the trading post taxes. Though it is possible prices may further increase, the past few months or so prices of most goods have remained remarkably stable. It’s hard to imagine inflation having any more significant impact.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Smooth Penguin.5294

400g fun. Sure is. A lot of fun. The toilet is so much fun.

And no I’m not alone on that either. I know multiple people who were driven to the same ditch.

I’m glad you agree! I’m working on my second Legendary, so I know how frustrating it is to have to get your Precursor. But at least we can have fun with Zommoro’s RNG!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

People are speculating legendary changes tomorrow, just like we expected them in February (and they didn’t show up)

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

What are they supposed to do? I don’t actually see a problem with the market or with precursors in that price range. Don’t get me wrong … I get where you are coming from. You just want to buy cheap precursors. Maybe you have some incorrect assumptions that you need to re-evaluate and align to the expectations set indirectly by Anet through the ability to purchase a precursor.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Minion of Vey.4398

Minion of Vey.4398

So let me get this straight, when ecto prices went down due to dragon events and precursor prices dropped with them…well that wasn’t worth talking about.

But now that they’re just going back to about the price they were before all this nonsense, now they’re unattainable? What was everyone doing all this time?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Gasoline.2570

What are they supposed to do? I don’t actually see a problem with the market or with precursors in that price range. Don’t get me wrong … I get where you are coming from. You just want to buy cheap precursors. Maybe you have some incorrect assumptions that you need to re-evaluate and align to the expectations set indirectly by Anet through the ability to purchase a precursor.

Cheap? CHEAP??

Since when is 300g cheap? When is 400g cheap? When are those cheap when the rest of the stuff you need also costs around those numbers anyway?

I farmed my kitten off to get the hunter, I got up to what it’s price was when I started, now it’s 200 more g than it was. I’ve also tried the forge since that’s what people keep saying to those who don’t want to save up these amounts, you know what, kitten don’t work either. Go troll somewhere else little guy.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Smooth Penguin.5294

I’d love to pay 300 gold for Dusk. That’s pretty dang cheap.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Gasoline.2570

Sure is when you compare to the prices of today.

See: unattainable.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

If you want a cheap precursor go get Venom. Otherwise don’t complain about demand/supply forces.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

in Black Lion Trading Co

Smooth Penguin.5294

Sure is when you compare to the prices of today.

See: unattainable.

If by unattainable you mean having 3 in the bank, then yes.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ryuujin.8236

Ryuujin.8236

Cheap? CHEAP??

Since when is 300g cheap? When is 400g cheap? When are those cheap when the rest of the stuff you need also costs around those numbers anyway?

I farmed my kitten off to get the hunter, I got up to what it’s price was when I started, now it’s 200 more g than it was.

You do realise why this is right?

Every man and his pet drakehound wants their legendaries too – there’s a lot more people wanting legends than there are precursors and legends to go around. It’s not merely enough to have enough gold to buy a precursor at the price it was two weeks ago – you need to get ahead of the curve so you can be the one to outbid your rivals.

If you simply save up your pocket money just like everyone else you will never reach your target; you’re staring down the shaft of zeno’s paradox

The Ashwalker – Ranger
Garnished Toast

in Black Lion Trading Co

Gasoline.2570

Trolls, trolls everywhere.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Wolfgang Michael.8217

Wolfgang Michael.8217

It’s best not to post this stuff on the forums. Everyone think they are an Econ Major and know the everything about the economy, inflation, bla bla bla.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Arganthium.5638

Arganthium.5638

I think it’s amusing to wonder if threads like these (omg precursor prices are going up so fast) influences people to speculate on precursors and drive their prices up.

Lol.

Probably this is exactly what happens, then more people come and complain after seeing this effect that it’s all ANet’s fault, that precursors are going to continue rising in price, and thereby continuing this endless cycle of whining.

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Arganthium.5638

Arganthium.5638

No, people who understand economics and people who aren’t alarmist conspiracists everywhere.

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Valanga.5942

Valanga.5942

If you want a cheap precursor go get Venom. Otherwise don’t complain about demand/supply forces.

Do you really have to post this in every single topic?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: cargan.5689

cargan.5689

If you simply save up your pocket money just like everyone else you will never reach your target; you’re staring down the shaft of zeno’s paradox

+1 Half the forum says we need faster arrows the other half wants a slower tortise so we end up fighting each other

Sad thing its worse the Zeno’s i have my mats my ore my ,maps a good chunk of my badges and im further away from getting a legendary that i was at the start of the game

Ulfar SOR

in Black Lion Trading Co

Obtena.7952

I farmed my kitten off to get the hunter, I got up to what it’s price was when I started, now it’s 200 more g than it was.

Looks like you need to get 200 more gold then but as a warning, there are lots of people doing the same thing you are to get it. Unless you farm better and faster than they do, consider yourself in the que to buy at ever rising prices until a) more hunters hit the market or 2) alternate ways to get it appear ingame.

You regard the TP as a store where you go and buy something for a fixed price. That’s not how it works. If you don’t like fluctuating prices and people taking advantage of you, don’t buy your precursor from the TP. You can’t complain about trying to get an item through a method where the price is understood to undergo extreme, significant changes. Your expectations are simply unrealistic. I’m not trolling. I’m simply being honest to someone who appears to lack an understanding in how the game works.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Charismatic Harm.9683

Charismatic Harm.9683

Do you really have to post this in every single topic?

He posts it everywhere because it makes a VERY valid point. Not all Legendaries are created equally, hence, not all precursors are created equally.

It is player supply and demand for an item that determines its price. If fewer people wanted Sunrise / Twilight, what do you think would happen to the price of their respective precursors Dawn / Dusk? Their prices would go down.

He brings up Venom because it’s not a highly demanded precursor because the Legendary that uses it isn’t in high demand.

My bet is that the drop rates for Dusk / Dawn / Venom are all equal on the loot tables, but because Duck / Dawn are more highly coveted….their prices are higher.

So….if you want a cheap precursor….buy a Venom.

Guild: Member of Charter Vanguard [CV]
Logic will never win an argument on the forums…..only a sense of entitlement will.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Fans.5462

Fans.5462

People sell Precusors for what other people think they’re worth. If the price goes up it’s because people are willing to pay more.

Why would ANet do anything about this? The whole point of the Trading Post is you sell things for what you think people will pay. If 600G is too expensive no one will buy it and eventually they’ll be forced to lower the price. If it isn’t too expensive there’s no issue.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ryokoalways.3450

ryokoalways.3450

The price of the precursor doesn’t hinge on the sell orders. It’s all about the buy orders. That’s also the reason why sellers try to bait buyers by placing their own buy orders to increase the buy order entries. If people are unwilling to pay 700g for a precursor, it won’t matter if every single one is above 700g.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Veritae.9417

Veritae.9417

Hi Gasoline,

Please don’t think I am a troll. I’ll try to explain clearly and without any aggression. There are many people with the amount of gold as you who want the Hunter; unfortunately, there are not enough Hunters to go around. Thus, people are willing to pay more for their Hunter, so that they have priority over people like yourself. This process keeps continuing, and the price keeps rising.

ArenaNet can not fairly fix this, since it is not a problem. It is regular market forces. If ArenaNet tried to cap the price of the Hunter, say at 200g, then there would be way too many people willing to buy the Hunter, but not enough Hunters. How would ArenaNet distribute the precursors then? By time played, achievement points, etc? No, that is not fair to people with different playing styles.

The most logical way to distribute the item is by giving it to the highest bidder- the one who is willing to part with the most gold for the precursor. What you are seeing is very natural; you may be upset, but the fact is, some people also want the item you want, but they have a lot more money to spend on it. If a scavenger hunt or such were introduced, more supply would enter the market, and price would go down.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Valanga.5942

If ArenaNet tried to cap the price of the Hunter, say at 200g, then there would be way too many people willing to buy the Hunter, but not enough Hunters.

So, what? If Hunters run out of stock, there will be eventually somebody who will loot it again and sell it, i don’t see any problem in that.

Anyway, just for the records, i’m not going for a legendary right now, because i’m an engineer and i don’t see any weapons that fits on my character (maybe the shield, but i’ll go for it only IF i loot it, i’m not gonna drop a dime on the TP or ANet’s pockets).
Still, i think people have all the rights to ask for a way to obtain a Legendary Weapon that not only shows legendary luck in getting the precursor, or legendary farming skill…

in Black Lion Trading Co

Smooth Penguin.5294

If ArenaNet tried to cap the price of the Hunter, say at 200g, then there would be way too many people willing to buy the Hunter, but not enough Hunters.

So, what? If Hunters run out of stock, there will be eventually somebody who will loot it again and sell it, i don’t see any problem in that.

So only the people in line first would be able to buy it. All the others are queued would be screwed because they can’t offer more to get in front of the line.

You gotta think how changes affect everyone, not just your own personal desires.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Astraea.6075

Astraea.6075

Except the person who now looted a now “out-of-stock” Hunter is also just as likely to try selling it for more than 200g outside of the trading post knowing that they are obviously in short supply. Putting an artificial cap on the price for people using “legitimate” channels, just funnels people to the less “legitimate” ones.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Valanga.5942

Except the person who now looted a now “out-of-stock” Hunter is also just as likely to try selling it for more than 200g outside of the trading post knowing that they are obviously in short supply. Putting an artificial cap on the price for people using “legitimate” channels, just funnels people to the less “legitimate” ones.

Like there isn’t already people who sells stuff out the TP in order to avoid the taxes.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Smooth Penguin.5294

Like there isn’t already people who sells stuff out the TP in order to avoid the taxes.

And it’s those people who post threads about getting scammed out of their Dusk.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Valanga.5942

And it’s those people who post threads about getting scammed out of their Dusk.

Well everybody is responsible for their action.
But still, there is people who trade outside the TP

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Astraea.6075

Astraea.6075

And with an artificial price cap, not only would these people be avoiding taxes, but they would be selling for higher prices too. A price cap solves nothing and introduces more problems.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Valanga.5942

And with an artificial price cap, not only would these people be avoiding taxes, but they would be selling for higher prices too. A price cap solves nothing and introduces more problems.

Whatever, that’s not gonna happen anyway, ANet is fine with the current situation (no wait, they’re “monitoring” lol), so things will remain the same.
Feel sorry for the folks with all the gifts ready and still missing the precursor in order to obtain their legendary

in Black Lion Trading Co

Obtena.7952

That’s not the problem that the OP is talking about. he just wants a precursor at the price he want’s to pay. I do see a problem with that.

Still, i think people have all the rights to ask for a way to obtain a Legendary Weapon that not only shows legendary luck in getting the precursor, or legendary farming skill…

Your correct. People do have that right and Anet is listening to that because they already eluded to some alternative method to obtain it. That’s what makes these threads something of a tasteless joke.