Attention to the price of Dusk

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: AreUMadBro.6907

AreUMadBro.6907

Just asking you guys to pay attention to it, 10 dusk were sold-retired from the market in 3 days, now there is only 4 left. They are going to increase the price again.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Oglaf.1074

Oglaf.1074

What are you talking about?

Precursor manipulation does not exist!!!!11onetwothree

lol… Fix this situation already, Anet. Jesus….

I can do thirty Five-Dolyak Arm Curls.

Do you even lift, bro?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

Woah woah woah. You guys would rather have D3’s system where drops are affected by what’s IN the market than have a system where the drop rates don’t change?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Oglaf.1074

Just watch the price, Esplen. Watch all of them get relisted at a higher price soon.

Do you even lift, bro?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Iehova.9518

Iehova.9518

They will get relisted at 800g a pop soon™ enough.

Give us a kitten deterministic way to obtain a precursor, no matter the difficulty.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Oglaf.1074

They will get relisted at 800g a pop soon™ enough.

Give us a kitten deterministic way to obtain a precursor, no matter the difficulty.

I know we had our disagreement in that other thread but…

Marry me?

Do you even lift, bro?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lucas of the Desert.2165

Lucas of the Desert.2165

What do you expect them to do? Ban people who do that? Seriously that is entirely legit. Why should you be unable to buy items an then sell them again? Areyl you complaining about the possibility to sell?

I don’t get it honestly you don’t have to buy them if the price is too high. You have other options than the tp eitherway.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: lLobo.7960

lLobo.7960

And its a luxury item.
Its not mandatory to get in any content or to be better at any part of the game.
As long as its that way, I dont mind skins going for 5k on the TP or who sells them.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Lucas of the Desert.2165

Well actually i think it is quite possible that some people try their luck by relisting but hey: if we don’t buy it they loose all their money :P guess it’s just a matter of weeks until it gets cheaper to simply play the mystic forge than spending 800g+

in Black Lion Trading Co

Oglaf.1074

They need a totally new way to obtain the Precursors, plain and simple.

Do you even lift, bro?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Esplen.3940

Mystic Toilet. End-game Chests. Trading Post.

3 methods. 3 choices.

Stop. Complaining.

You don’t need a Legendary. If you do need a Legendary, you’d best stop whining and get/farm it for whatever purpose you need it for.

/thread

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: goldi.3129

goldi.3129

Why? Everyone can get a legendary eventually.

If everyone had one the name legendary would not be fitting.

Quote:

dev q&a november 16th quote: With Isaiah Cartwright:

The gap we’ve talked about is more the game in time we everyone to have achievable goals that players can look forward to. Legendary are very long term goals and we want to make sure they are layered in with other interesting goals a player can accomplished while on their way to finishing a legendary.

I specially highlighted the quote.
Source :
http://www.guildwarsinsider.com/qa-with-isaiah-cartwright/

in Black Lion Trading Co

Oglaf.1074

3 methods. 3 choices.

/thread

I’ve said it before: three equally horrible way does not somehow validate each other. The Precursor is the only thing when it comes to Legendaries that leaves you truly at the mercy of the RNG. You do not work towards a Precursor the same way you work towards the Gifts and misc. stuff. You luck out with a Precursor. You could sit on all the materials, which you have worked long and hard for, but not having the Precursor because the RNG gods do not favour you.

This is bad design.

Do you even lift, bro?

(edited by Oglaf.1074)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Iehova.9518

RNG. RNG. Ridiculously overpriced, manipulated and probably controlled by the 1% or gold sellers.

3 methods. 3 choices.

All of them are horribad and non-deterministic.

Stop. Complaining.

Listen here son, I finished my Sunrise 3 weeks ago and the ONLY part I truly hated about it was obtaining Dawn because it did not directly depend on me. Gimme one kitten reason why I shouldn’t be able to work towards the precursor the same kittening way I worked towards everything else.

You don’t need a Legendary. If you do need a Legendary, you’d best stop whining and get/farm it for whatever purpose you need it for.

What part of ‘deterministic’ don’t you understand? Every other part of every single kitten legendary is deterministic. You WILL get your crafting gifts, gift of Jumping, million karma, etc., eventually. With the precursor, you can throw thousands of rares into the Mystic toilet and get nothing; you can farm AC/CoF1 all day long only to see the prices rise; you can participate in every dragon kill for months and receive your usual blues and greens.

I’m not saying every twerp and nobody should receive a precursor for stomping a sparkfly, I WANT a hard-as-nails way to obtain it; and it was previously suggested that DM should qualify for 25% of this method.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Esplen.3940

RNG. RNG. Ridiculously overpriced, manipulated and probably controlled by the 1% or gold sellers.

3 methods. 3 choices.

Stop. Complaining.

Listen here son, I finished my Sunrise 3 weeks ago and the ONLY part I truly hated about it was obtaining Dawn because it did not directly depend on me. Gimme one kitten reason why I shouldn’t be able to work towards the precursor the same kittening way I worked towards everything else.

What part of ‘deterministic’ don’t you understand? Every other part of every single kitten legendary is deterministic. You WILL get your crafting gifts, gift of Jumping, million karma, etc., eventually. With the precursor, you can throw thousands of rares into the Mystic toilet and get nothing; you can farm AC/CoF1 all day long only to see the prices rise; you can participate in every dragon kill for months and receive your usual blues and greens.

I’m not saying every twerp and nobody should receive a precursor for stomping a sparkfly, I WANT a hard-as-nails way to obtain it; and it was previously suggested that DM should qualify for 25% of this method.

So because it’s hard to get you don’t like it, yet you want it to be hard to get, but you don’t like it because it’s hard to get, but you still want it to be difficult, but it’s too hard to get, but you want it to be hard to get.

Cool story.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Oglaf.1074

Strawman-argument; the last resort of the ignorant. Have you really nothing else to say, Esplen? There’s no defending the current Precursor system, and you just proved it.

Do you even lift, bro?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Iehova.9518

So because it’s hard to get you don’t like it, yet you want it to be hard to get, but you don’t like it because it’s hard to get, but you still want it to be difficult, but it’s too hard to get, but you want it to be hard to get.

I tire of explaining myself to your kind. Good day sir.

in Black Lion Trading Co

goldi.3129

Strawman-argument; the last resort of the ignorant. Have you really nothing else to say, Esplen? There’s no defending the current Precursor system, and you just proved it.

I provided a direct quote from Anet that Legendaries are a long time achievement. What more is needed?
There is no need to defend the current system, just because some people feel they should get an easy legendary.
You decide if you are willing to put the effort into a legendary. If you aren’t that is your choice.

@iehova you will also get the gold necessary to either play the forge lottery or simply buy one eventually as well.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Lucas of the Desert.2165

@Oglaf and @iehova please stop the rng talk… do you realise that all you say is “random number generator” “random number generator”… i hate those fashion words because they don’t even make sense in the context. You shout out random words to emphazise your statement but that fails because they don’t even fit in there.

About your statements. They are just not true. I’ll take a few things as given here:

-Earning money is hard
-Market Manipulators and farmers do not exploit the system, all they do is earn money the fastest possible way
-legendaries are supposed to be for the most dedicated players and not for the average casual

If you do agree on these then you can clearly see that it is not a broken system, but rather an incredibly time consuming one (=dedicated). Therefor you might agree that getting a precursor takes an incredible amount of time and luck. Luck is what seems to be the most complained part.

I’ll tell you somehing about luck now: It is fair. Everything else would close the majority out of the content. As it is right now it’s equally hard for everyone!

And what do you mean with: “not working towards a goal” ??? You may not realise it but if you just don’t stop trying you’ll get it eventually. We all know it takes time and is troublesome but someday your possibility of getting one is high enough. And it could turn out it takes more money and time but hey that’s what arenanet had in mind for the legendaries!! Please stop creating such posts.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Charismatic Harm.9683

Charismatic Harm.9683

The Precursor is the only thing when it comes to Legendaries that leaves you truly at the mercy of the RNG.

Really? So getting Mystic Clovers doesn’t put you at the mercy of RNG? Getting stacks upon stacks upon stacks of T6 materials doesn’t put you at the mercy of RNG?

Or is it that the RNG on THOSE items is more acceptable to you? Could it be that the RNG in place for a highly desired, highly rare, singular component for a Legendary weapon SHOULD have a greater amount of RNG associated with it? Are you mad because it’s priced out of YOUR reach? Have you thought about why YOU even want a Legendary Weapon? Is it so that you can show it off to your buddies? Is it because it’s better than the current Best in Slot weapon? Because it’s not.

Legendary weapons are NOT for everyone. They’re just not. Maybe if you weren’t SO focused on a single item in the game, you would be happier. Isn’t there anything else you want, or want to do?

What happens when you DO get your Legendary Weapon and no longer have anything to work toward? Will you leave the game because you’re “done”? If so, perhaps you should leave the game now because getting a Legendary will just end up being a waste of your time.

Guild: Member of Charter Vanguard [CV]
Logic will never win an argument on the forums…..only a sense of entitlement will.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Oglaf.1074

I provided a direct quote from Anet that Legendaries are a long time achievement. What more is needed?
There is no need to defend the current system, just because some people feel they should get an easy legendary.
You decide if you are willing to put the effort into a legendary. If you aren’t that is your choice.

@iehova you will also get the gold necessary to either play the forge lottery or simply buy one eventually as well.

Why are you under the impression that making the Precursor easier to get would make Legendaries easier to get, so easy in fact, that everyone would have one? Do you even know how a Legendary is made?

Do you even lift, bro?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Lucas of the Desert.2165

The Precursor is the only thing when it comes to Legendaries that leaves you truly at the mercy of the RNG.

Really? So getting Mystic Clovers doesn’t put you at the mercy of RNG? Getting stacks upon stacks upon stacks of T6 materials doesn’t put you at the mercy of RNG?

Or is it that the RNG on THOSE items is more acceptable to you? Could it be that the RNG in place for a highly desired, highly rare, singular component for a Legendary weapon SHOULD have a greater amount of RNG associated with it? Are you mad because it’s priced out of YOUR reach? Have you thought about why YOU even want a Legendary Weapon? Is it so that you can show it off to your buddies? Is it because it’s better than the current Best in Slot weapon? Because it’s not.

Legendary weapons are NOT for everyone. They’re just not. Maybe if you weren’t SO focused on a single item in the game, you would be happier. Isn’t there anything else you want, or want to do?

What happens when you DO get your Legendary Weapon and no longer have anything to work toward? Will you leave the game because you’re “done”? If so, perhaps you should leave the game now because getting a Legendary will just end up being a waste of your time.

You, sir, received a +1 right now! Very good post! Every other poster should keep that in mind!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Oglaf.1074

Everyone can get 99% of the materials required for a Legendary.

Are you seriously telling me Anet are stupid enough to let the exclusiveness of a Legendary all rest on the Precursor? Really? REALLY?!

Do you even lift, bro?

(edited by Oglaf.1074)

in Black Lion Trading Co

goldi.3129

+1 from me as well. I started a post with the exact same samples ( that everything is rng) but didn’t want to go into the detail. When I look at the last answer of oglaf I know why.

Kudos to you!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Charismatic Harm.9683

Are you seriously telling me Anet are stupid enough to let the exclusiveness of a Legendary all rest on the Precursor? Really? REALLY?!

You still don’t get it. “Everyone” can’t get 99% of the materials required for a Legendary.

Gift of Exploration? Really? EVERYONE can get that?
Gift of Battle? Really? EVERYONE can get 500 Badges of Honor?

If you’re truly going to make broad accusations about the ENTIRE player base, you should really think about what the entire player base is actually capable of doing.

Stop thinking only of yourself and start thinking about the game as a whole.

These arguments you’re making are ridiculous and very short sighted.

As for making the exclusivity of a Legendary rely solely on the shoulders of the Precursor weapon…..maybe that was EXACTLY their intent. It’s actually a great way to do it if you really think about it. It would allow the ENTIRE player base to strive toward something….slowly, as intended….then when players get a precursor…they can either use it, or sell it to make money if it wasn’t the precursor they needed for THEIR Legendary.

Logic will never win an argument on the forums…..only a sense of entitlement will.

(edited by Charismatic Harm.9683)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

I got my precursor without RNG, and so can you. If you won’t pay the current prices for them, fine, but if someone else will pay that same very large sum for their precursor, then the precursor is appropriately valued. It’s as simple as that. Good luck earning gold.

P.S. Charismatic Harm: While I agree with your argument, your attitude is hurting the case. Stop being so forceful; it’s not going to help Oglaf understand anything better (which is clearly the intent of you posting).

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Iehova.9518

I don’t understand, do you guys seriously not see the inherent flaw in the current precursor situation?

If you won’t pay the current prices for them, fine, but if someone else will pay that same very large sum for their precursor, then the precursor is appropriately valued. It’s as simple as that. Good luck earning gold.

If the precursor market wasn’t controlled by gold sellers, godskull exploiters and the 1%, that quote would make sense.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Oglaf.1074

You still don’t get it. “Everyone” can’t get 99% of the materials required for a Legendary.

If you’re truly going to make broad accusations about the ENTIRE player base, you should really think about what the entire player base is actually capable of doing.

Yes everyone can get all the materials except the Precursor by some good o’l axle grease. You can work towards them. You can not work towards the Precursor. You have to luck out.

P.S Don’t tell me “just buy” one. They grow in price on a daily basis due to how bad the manipulation has gotten. Which was the original subject of this thread, lol.

Do you even lift, bro?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Rising Dusk.2408

I don’t understand, do you guys seriously not see the inherent flaw in the current precursor situation?

Whether there is a flaw or not is irrelevant. The current price is such because of the current situation, and people are willing to pay that price. As far as the market is concerned, that is all that matters. Down the road we’ll have a precursor scavenger hunt that I’m sure you’ll all take advantage of and that I am sure will change the supply and demand of these items in some fashion, but if you want your precursor now, you need to get it in the ways that ANet provided for you now. That’s all there is to it.

Yes everyone can get all the materials except the Precursor by some good o’l axle grease. You can work towards them. You can not work towards the Precursor. You have to luck out.

I worked toward mine, and now I have it. Seriously, you can do it, it’s really not that bad considering the status associated with legendary items.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Oglaf.1074

The people willing to pay the price do not use them to craft Legendaries

The same quantity they bought get re-listed for more Gold instead. I’ve been watching Howl for a while (The Howler). It was 35G not long ago. Then someone bought up the stock. Now it’s 75G+, nearing 80G.

Do you even lift, bro?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Rising Dusk.2408

If your name were John Smith, I’d believe you. As it stands, you have no idea what they get used for from your position. You assume that there are a fixed number of precursors on the market and that none are ever created nor used, which is most definitely incorrect.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Esplen.3940

Mmk, counter strawman with ad hominem, you sure showed me! Okay, you want my actual response?

RNG is bad? Why is nobody complaining about Mystic Clovers? Oh wait, that’s just red herring. My bad. Let’s do an actual counter-argument, shall we?

Getting a Legendary, namely a precursor is ACTUALLY RIDICULOUSLY SIMILAR to how Super-Shiny kitten Weapons were obtained in GW1. In fact, it’s a LOT easier in GW2. That’s the main thing that put me off of them. Not that they were shiny and obviously going to be wanted by everyone (I’m a hipster, deal with it.), but they were TOO easy to get.

You haven’t played GW1 by the way you talk, son, so don’t go telling me that I’m out of line here. This is standard Guild Wars achieving from the get-go. You want something nice and shiny? You work for it. It’s hard? Deal with it.

You’re lucky you don’t have to run a dungeon like Arah Path 4 to have a 0.01% chance of getting a Legendary from the finish reward. That’s what it was like in GW1.

3 methods. 3 choices.

And this is strawman, good sir. Thanks for not being a hypocrite. /sarcasm

Stop. Complaining.

Okay, dad, you disliked it. It didn’t revolve around you. You know what else doesn’t revolve around you? The worl- oh wait, now I’m ad hominem’ing. Alright this isn’t even an argument nor should it be treated as such, however, I will provide a counterargument because the last bit allows me to.

Because Arenanet made it so and you’re not above them. In fact, if you apply your wording to the methods listed as to how to OBTAIN a precursor, I can’t even counterargue it since it’s perfectly on track. You DO work towards getting a precursor the same way you do everything else. Pretty much everything in this game revolves around getting gear and getting gold. Both of those things contribute towards getting your Legendary, it’s just a matter of utilizing them. Don’t blame Arenanet because you wanted more Ectos instead of Mystic Toileting them. Don’t blame Arenanet because you wanted more Lodestones instead of saving to buy it off the Trading Post. Don’t blame Arenanet for YOUR choices. It was YOUR choice to not put your 100% towards getting it, everything you did COULD have worked towards it, if you wanted to. Need I continue?

And so you bring an argument from authority (with no source, therefore no authority) to back up your claim of having a hard method, which is what we’re discussing in the first place? I fail to see an argument here. You want a hard way to obtain it, yet you’re complaining that it’s hard. You also want it to be easier because someone else suggested it. That’s a good opinion, however, I respectfully disagree.

As I have previously stated, I personally think Legendary Weapons are TOO EASY to obtain. I do not have my own, nor do I wish to own one, however I will put my spare resources into obtaining one for those rainy days in Lion’s Arch (slow days or bored days).

Tips hat I think that’s enough to munch on for now, I doubt it’ll all be chewed, anyways.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Oglaf.1074

Yeah whatever buddy. All I’m saying is keep watch on the less popular Precursors. They are not getting any more popular (demanding rising), but they keep rising and rising in price.

Why, one wonders. Why does this happen only when someone buys out the stock? The demand and supply remain roughly the same, yet the price skyrockets. Hmm.

Do you even lift, bro?

(edited by Oglaf.1074)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Iehova.9518

You’re assuming every precursor is used to craft a legendary there.

Oh yeah, I’m not reading that kitten wall of text there.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Charismatic Harm.9683

The people willing to pay the price do not use them to craft Legendaries

The same quantity they bought get re-listed for more Gold instead. I’ve been watching Howl for a while (The Howler). It was 35G not long ago. Then someone bought up the stock. Now it’s 75G+, nearing 80G.

You know this for a FACT?

You have supporting data? You know the usernames of the people that bought the items at a lower price and have now re-listed them at a higher price?

If not, then you’re speculating that someone is doing that.

Please back up your statements with data or quotes from ArenaNet to support your theories. Wild speculation does nothing but make you look the fool.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Lucas of the Desert.2165

P.S Don’t tell me “just buy” one. They grow in price on a daily basis due to how bad the manipulation has gotten. Which was the original subject of this thread, lol.

Please stop argumenting that you can’t work towards a precursor… that’s just wrong. Don’t you get it? EVERYHING in MMOs is random. Every single loot you get is RANDOM! And as you can work towards an ecto by farming rares and salvaging (omg look soooo much rng) or farming sparks for charged LS you can play the mystic forge or camp the chests in orr.

It is definitly possible to get a precursor. And you can work toward one. If the price is too high for you then you’ll have to get it another way. It’s as simple as that. Equally bothersome for everyone.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Iehova.9518

Every single loot you get is RANDOM!

Yeah, no, you’re wrong.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Esplen.3940

I love how people skipped my wall of text that retorts what they’ve said after it.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Charismatic Harm.9683

I love how people skipped my wall of text that retorts what they’ve said after it.

Of course they did because when someone writes anything that contradicts THEIR opinion, they’re wrong.

So….you’re wrong. I’m sorry.

I read your post….but didn’t feel the need to comment on it because we stated a lot of similar ideas between our posts. :-)

I really just want this (and ALL the other threads like it) to be closed at this point.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Iehova.9518

wall of text

Take the hint, buddy.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Esplen.3940

wall of text

Take the hint, buddy.

Aka, you don’t want to have an intellectual discussion, so you’re going to just stop and ignore someone’s retort? Very, very amazing how all the people on your side of the argument simply turn your back and twiddle your thumbs when a good response comes along.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Charismatic Harm.9683

wall of text

Take the hint, buddy.

You realize that most times when people post a “wall of text”, including quotes, they’re providing a reasoned argument to each point from a previous post.

When you choose not to read it, it shows that you’re closed minded and that only your opinions matter. If you’re not willing to take other peoples opinions into consideration and provide reasoned arguments of your own, then you’re not likely to find many people jumping to your side of the fence.

Perhaps you should “take the hint”.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

I love this “they are not for everyone” / “they should be hard to obtain” stance. It really makes no sense. Players dedicating the most time and mastering every aspect of the game with excepting on the tp should be the ones with them imo(granted in conjunction with all other aspects of the game is not to which I am refering). Yet this is not the case, they are relegated to tp players and grinders. Which one of those is more deserving than the player that plays more thoroughly and why? I simply cannot justify why tp players and grinders are more deserving than a player that masters all of the content the game offers. A tp player can be lousy at playing content yet have one. A grinder maybe very proficient at one avenue yet horrid everywhere else. Or we have the lucky….so that player that rng shines on and gets lucky is more deserving than the ones that are not?

The current system does not reward mastering the game. It only rewards 3 things

Getting lucky, which is a reward in itself.
Or mastering niches, either the tp or lucrative grind

There is no requirement currently for them that is truly difficult. For the players that understand playing the tp, playing it is not hard. Grinding is not hard. Getting lucky is not hard, it’s lucky.

My question is why are legendaries weighed on the merit of tp effectiveness and grinding moreso than mastering the complete game?

Serenity now~Insanity later

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Rebort.6295

Rebort.6295

Let’s say for a moment the op is right. (I think he is but for different reasons.) If the number of sell orders is low, why wouldn’t they increase in price? Even if dusk’s were soulbound on tp purchase, the new seller’s (people who crafted or got lucky with a world drop) would notice the low number of available dusk’s and possible raise the price. There is no way to tell the difference, and a higher price does not prove manipulation.

Edit: I apologize, the op didn’t specify market manipulation, but the tone of the thread seems to imply it.

(edited by Rebort.6295)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Esplen.3940

I love this “they are not for everyone” / “they should be hard to obtain” stance. It really makes no sense. Players dedicating the most time and mastering every aspect of the game with excepting on the tp should be the ones with them imo(granted in conjunction with all other aspects of the game is not to which I am refering). Yet this is not the case, they are relegated to tp players and grinders. Which one of those is more deserving than the player that plays more thoroughly and why? I simply cannot justify why tp players and grinders are more deserving than a player that masters all of the content the game offers. A tp player can be lousy at playing content yet have one. A grinder maybe very proficient at one avenue yet horrid everywhere else. Or we have the lucky….so that player that rng shines on and gets lucky is more deserving than the ones that are not?

There is no requirement currently for them that is truly difficult. For the players that understand playing the tp, playing it is not hard. Grinding is not hard. Getting lucky is not hard, it’s lucky.

My question is why are legendaries weighed on the merit of tp effectiveness and grinding moreso than mastering the complete game?

You’re assuming that the ONLY method of getting a Legendary is via the Trading Post.

You can make your own Legendary which involves doing things other than playing the market game. In fact, if you do decide to take this route, you’re forced to get out of that Trading Post window to map complete, gather karma, gather skill points, and play the game.

Just thought I’d throw that out there.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Charismatic Harm.9683

While this argument is SO MUCH better than most of the ones posted above, we’re still talking about a luxury item. It’s no better than the current Best in Slot Exotic.

No one needs a Legendary and it has been said many times by those at ArenaNet that it’s meant to be a long term goal.

Solely for the reason of it being a luxury item, not everyone should have one. You haven’t gotten lucky yet and others have. Is that why you’re upset? Is that why the OP is upset? Because RNG and luck have not favored you yet?

If all you did was change your mindset and turn getting your short term goal of acquiring your Legendary into a long term goal….perhaps you’d be a LOT happier.

Then, when luck shines on you later in the game and you get your precursor….you’ll have had fun AND be able to craft your Legendary.

I wish you the best in your quest for a Legendary. I hope to have one someday too.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Unspecified.9142

Unspecified.9142

I really wish people would stop equating RNG with ‘hard’.

Yes a very low drop rate makes something ‘hard to obtain’ but not in a way that is challenging. The only ability required to beat RNG is persistence. It is not ‘hard content’.

The current system for acquiring a precursor is ‘hard’ in the same way rolling a 20 on a D20 ten times in a row is ‘hard’. Any idiot can do it if he’s persistent enough but that doesn’t make it fun or a skill based challenge. I wouldn’t even call it ‘hard’ because it’s not. It’s just very, very, very unlikely you will succeed.

Precursors should be rewarded for achieving something a little more skill based than face-rolling around for long enough.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Apolyon.6937

Apolyon.6937

Getting a Legendary, namely a precursor is ACTUALLY RIDICULOUSLY SIMILAR to how Super-Shiny kitten Weapons were obtained in GW1. In fact, it’s a LOT easier in GW2. That’s the main thing that put me off of them. Not that they were shiny and obviously going to be wanted by everyone (I’m a hipster, deal with it.), but they were TOO easy to get.

You haven’t played GW1 by the way you talk, son, so don’t go telling me that I’m out of line here. This is standard Guild Wars achieving from the get-go. You want something nice and shiny? You work for it. It’s hard? Deal with it.

From my experience, getting stuff in GW1 was way easier than in GW2… I got lots of elite armors, including an Obisidian Armor, I got a bazillion different sets of exotic weapons, including a q13 Obsidian Edge and q11 Voltaic Spear. I didn’t need them, they were just a skin, exactly as in GW2, but at least they were achievable… For example, the Obsi Edge, no doubt it was a rare drop… but at least you knew the exact place where it dropped, the chest at the end of the Fissure of Woe.

Using this same weapon as a comparison with a pre-cursor, it took me two weeks to get the Obsi Edge… and at least, you could get unidentified weapons, obsidians and obsi keys from the chest that covered the 1k fee for the entrance. With the pre-cursor, I’m not even trying… What chest should I chase? Claw of Jormag? It is more expensive going there and back than the money you get from the 3 blue items from the chest. Mystic Forge? Just search youtube, pure luck. TP? No thanks, I don’t pay for the luck of others, even if I had the money, the current price of Dusk is totally unfair for me.

So, yeah, back to the topic, how to prevent Dusk price from increasing? It is only possible if people don’t buy it. But that won’t happen… Because there are people that can make that money, call it luck, hardcore farming, or TP playing or whatever… it doesn’t really matter. But because you can, it doesn’t mean that everybody can, so don’t call them lazy, or unskilled….

in Black Lion Trading Co

Esplen.3940

I really wish people would stop equating RNG with ‘hard’.

Yes a very low drop rate makes something ‘hard to obtain’ but not in a way that is challenging. The only ability required to beat RNG is persistence. It is not ‘hard content’.

The current system for acquiring a precursor is ‘hard’ in the same way rolling a 20 on a D20 ten times in a row is ‘hard’. Any idiot can do it if he’s persistent enough but that doesn’t make it fun or a skill based challenge. I wouldn’t even call it ‘hard’ because it’s not. It’s just very, very, very unlikely you will succeed.

Precursors should be rewarded for achieving something a little more skill based than face-rolling around for long enough.

Have you played GW1? The super-shiny gear in GW1 were hard to obtain. I say this with the knowledge of your stance on that word.

It was a 0.01% chance at the end of a dungeon with difficulty equivalent to Arah Path 4. Meaning you had to do Arah Path 4 ~10,000x to get it.

Sure, some people got it on their first runs, and others ran it more than the allotted 10,000x without getting it at all. Even with that in mind, everyone who saw the weapon was awed and bowed down to the person wielding it in terms of GW dedication, even if they had no idea what they were doing in that game.

The precursor is not really that hard if you think about it. Instead of salvaging those rares you get, stick them in the mystic toilet. Instead of NPC’ing those greens you get, stick them in the mystic toilet. Instead of salvaging those exotics you get, stick them in the mystic toilet.

If you don’t like that method, run temples and world bosses, most servers do them daily.

If you don’t like that method, learn to save your money. If you’ve gotten ectos from salvaging your rares, don’t work towards making your infused fractal capacitor shiny, sell them on the TP to get your precursor. That lodestone and core you got from dungeon running? Sell them on the TP. Stop hoarding items and start liquidating your assets.

I’m sorry if you don’t understand, but it is SUPPOSED to be a long, slow, arduous process. If it was simply You put in X hours into this game, here’s a Legendary. it wouldn’t really be that amazing because everyone would get it after a few X hours of the games release.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Kilrain Daggerspine.6843

Kilrain Daggerspine.6843

As for making the exclusivity of a Legendary rely solely on the shoulders of the Precursor weapon…..maybe that was EXACTLY their intent. It’s actually a great way to do it if you really think about it. It would allow the ENTIRE player base to strive toward something….slowly, as intended….then when players get a precursor…they can either use it, or sell it to make money if it wasn’t the precursor they needed for THEIR Legendary.

Can everyone explore every part of the map? give me one reason why they wouldn’t be able to?

500 Honor badges, are you saying that everyone can’t do the jumping puzzles?

You are not making sense, sir.

Also I would like to note that you cannot compare the mystic clovers rng to precursor rng.

Mystic clovers rng should not be compared to precursor rng.. the only similarity is that both have a RNG elements, the amount of rng differs so much however, that this is where the similarities stop.

(edited by Kilrain Daggerspine.6843)