Bank/Bag sale: THANK YOU.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: DeltaElite.5832

DeltaElite.5832

I know this was definitely because of player feedback. I was really sad I didn’t see it during the sale, and I’m stocking up on gems now to take advantage of it. Definitely appreciate the decision on your part, Arena.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: RemiRome.8495

RemiRome.8495

Bought my 8th banktab yesterday. fml ;_;

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: DarkSpirit.7046

DarkSpirit.7046

Is this announced somewhere in the official website?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: DeltaElite.5832

DeltaElite.5832

Not that I’ve seen. Saw it last night before I jumped off to check and see the new deals like I normally do and happened to see the bank and bag slots went on sale. Considering some of the bland sale choices (especially the last day, that was horrid) I am fairly positive this was from player feedback. Someone did some talking somewhere is my guess based on the timing, but to be fair – there’s always something on sale at the Black Lion Trader.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Esmee.1067

Esmee.1067

Bought my 8th banktab yesterday. fml ;_;

I bought bagslots for all 8 of my human characters yesterday…. Was there_any_ anouncement of this what-so-ever? I’m starting to get a bit sick of my bad luck; use up 3 Make-over kits, next day, new hairstyles are released. Buy a bunch of expensive double skins; day later feature packs leading to Wardrope is released.

Could have had another bank tab for that… Or am I just missing some page where all this stuff does get announced? I feel very inclined to stop buying anything because a day after I’ll regret it anyway.

Edit: I am very happy they listened to the feedback though <3 I just dislike regretting my purchases.

(edited by Esmee.1067)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

A general rule of thumb is as follows:

Never buy anything on the gem store unless it’s on sale.

I follow this rule and I’m never disappointed.

Sales in general are not announced for GW2, they’re spontaneous. Month-long sales have previously been announced, but not what is in those sales, which lures people to check back constantly. The reality is, just have a bit of restraint and wait for sales before buying your goods. I waited months since missing the Black Friday sale on Salvage-o-Matics, and they were finally back at the end of the March sale and I was elated.

And for the record, if you bought multiples of gem store armor skins, when the wardrobe is released you can file for a refund for extra sets you haven’t used.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: SD ParagonVhailor.9160

SD ParagonVhailor.9160

I waited the entire month of march, checking back every sale day, to see if bank slots would go on sale. They never did, and I finally gave in and bought at full price. Then almost immediately after they go on sale.

Thank you for putting stuff on sale. It really is appreciated. But boy does it hurt when bad luck catches you like this, and with the gold to gem rate at an all time low(again) too.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Trantzz.4160

Trantzz.4160

Stuck at work for another 6 hours.

I too was waiting all month for these exact sales (and a new toon slot that I bought yesterday at full price).

Can someone tell me how long the sale will be in place? Do I have time to get home?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

Can someone tell me how long the sale will be in place? Do I have time to get home?

The sale appears to last 24 hours according to in-game. It should be going on for another 13.5 hours or so from this post.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

You can pretty much bank that the most popular sales will only happen after gem prices have been raised. In that manner cash>gems is more appealing than gold to gems, which by that point will be elevated.

Serenity now~Insanity later

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

would love to buy bag slots
IF ANET ALLOWED ME TO DO SO….

the maximum bagslots you can have are not even enough to carry half of the gemshop items with you… !!

why should i buy anymore gemshop stuff if it just had to rot in my bank because anet doesnt allow me to buy more bag slots….

so players who bought everything so far arent allowed to use it all? they have to walk 20x to their bank per day everytime they want to use a different item…

basically anet doesnt want players who bought every gemshop stuff so far to buy anymore gemshop items and doesnt allow them to spend money for bag slots….
that doesnt make sense at all

anet would only win from allowing players to buy at least 2 more slots for bags….

i really REALLY dont understand why they never allowed buying more bag slots…

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

(edited by Orangensaft.7139)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

Is this announced somewhere in the official website?

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/weekend-sale-bag-slot-and-bank-tab-expansions

The sales are generally available in-game about 12-48 hours prior to the news announcement in the client and on the website. Yeah, pretty messed up that sales are at least half over with by the time it is advertised.

• 20% Off Bag Slot Expansions and Bank Tab Expansions
  • One free Instant Repair Canister and Gathering Booster per account
  • The Digital Deluxe Upgrade at 50% Off is still going on also.
| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Esmee.1067

Esmee.1067

Never buy anything on the gem store unless it’s on sale.

I follow this rule and I’m never disappointed.

And for the record, if you bought multiples of gem store armor skins, when the wardrobe is released you can file for a refund for extra sets you haven’t used.

Thank you for the heads-up, I suppose I’ll try to submit a ticket for the armor-sets. I’m honestly a bit surprised considering how many people would want compensation.

I tend to follow the same rule as you, but my characters have been cramped on storage space for months now and it honestly keeps me from certain aspects of the game or forces me to keep my inventory open whenever I can, salvaging. For WvW I need a different set than I need for PvE, this can be as little as 6 slots wasted, but sometimes it goes up to 12-15. I waited out the whole March sales, which was already long enough. I just wish there’d been a week or so in between, not like a few hours. Especially since I’m on such a roll, makes me feel so stupid. :\

(edited by Esmee.1067)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Vystirch.3418

Vystirch.3418

Thanks for the sale ANet! I saved 1560 gems today buying 11 bank tabs and 3 bag slots!

<3 Vys

Treebeard, “That doesn’t make sense to me. But, then again, you are very small.”