Banned for buying Omega Golem Blueprints?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

Unless ANet ways in (and they probably won’t) there is no way to know.

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

Highly unlikely.

Players can unknowingly buy omega golems without knowledge of the exploit (not everyone visits forums or reddit)

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

I would guess that creating threads like this increases the chance of repercussions.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Until now, Anet hasnt even confirmed that there is an exploit. I am pretty sure, those that used the exploit, will get banned eventually. If they wanted to stop people from buying them on the TP, they could have taken them off the tp until the issue is solved.

I dont think thry have any ground to ban you, if you bought some and then sold them again.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: jazzllanna.1278

jazzllanna.1278

I don’t think they can ban you for buying them.. what I am worried about is that they could just disappear from inventory.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

I don’t think they can ban you for buying them.. what I am worried about is that they could just disappear from inventory.

They cant do that either because there is no way for them to determine if somebody was aware that the low selling price was a result of an exploit or not.

I am more worried what this means to the wvw meta.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Until now, Anet hasnt even confirmed that there is an exploit. I am pretty sure, those that used the exploit, will get banned eventually. If they wanted to stop people from buying them on the TP, they could have taken them off the tp until the issue is solved.

I dont think thry have any ground to ban you, if you bought some and then sold them again.

They did, they moved another thread I posted on to the “Exploit Report Archive”, about one or two hour after a dev posted there and asked people to send him instructions on how to repro it.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in Black Lion Trading Co

jazzllanna.1278

Well regardless this post has made me paranoid. I bought a couple and promptly sold them at a loss because I would be so sad if I got banned from buying them. I really doubt they will ban people for buying them but now I have doubt and I bought some so I get to be scared until it is resolved

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

Well regardless this post has made me paranoid. I bought a couple and promptly sold them at a loss because I would be so sad if I got banned from buying them. I really doubt they will ban people for buying them but now I have doubt and I bought some so I get to be scared until it is resolved

Don’t be worried man.

Let me ask you this. Are you worried that you bought mithril ore or elder log on the TP?

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: UrMom.4205

UrMom.4205

I highly doubt you would get banned for buying them, and I also highly doubt they will just disappear. Tons of wvw guilds buy these on a daily basis, tons of those players don’t even come on the forums, how are they to know they are exploited items. Also if they just removed them from inventories they would have a kitten storm of complaints about players that lost money buying items legitimately from the trading post. I think they should just ban the dupers and remove any golems currently listed by those dupers (to prevent them from being purchased and saturating the market even more) then alter the drop rates on golems to help balance them back out.

Team Raven [TR](Dead)
Wu Táng Financial [Táng] – YB

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: danielrjones.8759

danielrjones.8759

only way I could see a ban, is if money was being laundered. And it was obvious.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

They cant do that either because there is no way for them to determine if somebody was aware that the low selling price was a result of an exploit or not.

They can take a look at your buying pattern and reasonably decide if your taking advantage of an exploit or not. If they decide you have been exploiting, you can then be banned. Don’t fool yourself. If you are aware of the exploit, don’t buy them as you could very well be banned.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

They can take a look at your buying pattern and reasonably decide if your taking advantage of an exploit or not. If they decide you have been exploiting, you can then be banned. Don’t fool yourself. If you are aware of the exploit, don’t buy them as you could very well be banned.

Just because you buy an item that is reasonably low in price compared to the last month doesnt mean that you are exploiting anything. As long as your sell listings on omega siege golems dont exceed your buy orders on them by a margin, i dont think you got anything to worry about.

in Black Lion Trading Co

DarcShriek.5829

Just because you buy an item that is reasonably low in price compared to the last month doesnt mean that you are exploiting anything. As long as your sell listings on omega siege golems dont exceed your buy orders on them by a margin, i dont think you got anything to worry about.

If you buy an item, no they won’t ban you. However, they have banned people for this type of behavior in the past and they will again. If your buying pattern looks like your exploiting a bug, they will ban you. So don’t come crying if it happens to you.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Osi.3504

Osi.3504

If you buy an item, no they won’t ban you. However, they have banned people for this type of behavior in the past and they will again. If your buying pattern looks like your exploiting a bug, they will ban you. So don’t come crying if it happens to you.

Technically you would be flipping an item, which isn’t bannable now however you could argue ANYONE buying omega right now because of their price is exploiting because they are underpriced compared to regular golems and the formula to craft them.

In a sense that would be like saying people who bought all the cheap exotics off the TP when ascended weapons were released should be banned for profiting off them, you take risk no matter what you buy, even if it’s an exploited item, it could drop to 5 silver in 2 minutes.

in Black Lion Trading Co

jazzllanna.1278

I just wish we could know for sure.. some kind of answer. I only bought 50 and changed my mind and sold them back asap… but I have been here since headstart and all keep thinking is all the bans… like the norn karma weapons, the chili poppers, the snowflakes, and now I am scared to lose my account I know it was only 50 but still I have doubt and until it is resolved I will be worried.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Malediktus.9250

I bought 750 for 32s each and I am not worried at all. If Anet doesnt want me to have them they can just refund me the 240ish gold and delete the blue prints.

in Black Lion Trading Co

DarcShriek.5829

I just wish we could know for sure.. some kind of answer. I only bought 50 and changed my mind and sold them back asap… but I have been here since headstart and all keep thinking is all the bans… like the norn karma weapons, the chili poppers, the snowflakes, and now I am scared to lose my account I know it was only 50 but still I have doubt and until it is resolved I will be worried.

I wouldn’t worry about 50.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

Technically you would be flipping an item, which isn’t bannable now however you could argue ANYONE buying omega right now because of their price is exploiting because they are underpriced compared to regular golems and the formula to craft them.

In a sense that would be like saying people who bought all the cheap exotics off the TP when ascended weapons were released should be banned for profiting off them, you take risk no matter what you buy, even if it’s an exploited item, it could drop to 5 silver in 2 minutes.

The snowflake deal and the chili pepper deal were along the same lines. The actions themselves were not bannable, but players were banned due to taking advantage of something that was obviously not right…….ie…those that took advantage of thousands.

I doubt they would ban/suspend players for buying several for use in wvw, however I can definitely see them banning/suspending those that buy loads to sell later to take advantage of something that is obviously not working as intended.

Serenity now~Insanity later

in Black Lion Trading Co

Osi.3504

The snowflake deal and the chili pepper deal were along the same lines. The actions themselves were not bannable, but players were banned due to taking advantage of something that was obviously not right…….ie…those that took advantage of thousands.

I doubt they would ban/suspend players for buying several for use in wvw, however I can definitely see them banning/suspending those that buy loads to sell later to take advantage of something that is obviously not working as intended.

I don’t know, from what I heard with the snowflake is there was a GLITCH that would allow you to create an item with less materials or creating more than it should have and could be salvaged for ecto, someone explained it on here once before but it didn’t seem to relate to TP flipping.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Essence Snow.3194

The point was that salvaging in itself is not bannable just like flipping in itself is not bannable. However flipping 1000s of these blueprints while there is obviously something amiss may be, just like salvaging 1000s of the snowflake jewelry items was.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

The point was that salvaging in itself is not bannable just like flipping in itself is not bannable. However flipping 1000s of these blueprints while there is obviously something amiss may be, just like salvaging 1000s of the snowflake jewelry items was.

You are comparing apples to oranges. The snowflake exploit WAS the process of salvaging.

Buying and selling items due to those price fluctuations was never a problem and is not in this case either. As long as you aren’t doing the duping/exploit yourself you have nothing to worry about.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Thoughtless.7148

Thoughtless.7148

You are comparing apples to oranges. The snowflake exploit WAS the process of salvaging.

Buying and selling items due to those price fluctuations was never a problem and is not in this case either. As long as you aren’t doing the duping/exploit yourself you have nothing to worry about.

you have to consider that there was massive exploiting during the trail week. people using free alt accounts to keep theirs clear of any heat. in the case the only viable means is to follow the blueprints.

should a person that duped on an alt account and transferred to their main not be held accountable because they didn’t do it directly?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: sirflamesword.3896

sirflamesword.3896

should a person that duped on an alt account and transferred to their main not be held accountable because they didn’t do it directly?

This is WAAAAAY different than seeing Omega blueprints cheap on the TP and buying them, you have no way of knowing who you are buying from. But if you were traded through mail, blueprints from someone who was duping them, then that is a different story.

Pinnacle of Responsibility[Mom]-Yaks Bend
Unstable Shield, Unstable Light

in Black Lion Trading Co

Thoughtless.7148

This is WAAAAAY different than seeing Omega blueprints cheap on the TP and buying them, you have no way of knowing who you are buying from. But if you were traded through mail, blueprints from someone who was duping them, then that is a different story.

you think it is okay to purchase a large amount of an item knowing full well it is unreasonably under priced? no one that invested in these did so without understanding something was amiss as it still costs around a gold to craft each one by normal means. you don’t just randomly decide to tp search omega then buy 1000+ of them without knowing the components cost 20+s times 5 to craft it.

Selective ignorance should not work as an excuse/means of getting away scott free.

if you knowingly buy a stolen car and get caught, it gets taken away and you may face legal repercussions. though taken to an extreme, it is the same concept.

That punishment would probably be too harsh for the whiny masses, though i doubt people would openly admit to partaking in this round of exploitation

a good middle ground would be to make all omega golems account bound. people that bought them for use face no problems. those that bought them to flip can still do so via drop trades with no endorsement or protection offered by anet.

no easy profits should be made from trying to abuse this situation. i could easily have purchased several thousand, so don’t think i’m bitter because i missed out. i was just not arrogant in the assumption that i could ride my way up a pile of gold with no trouble whatsoever. Most of the large volume trading occurred after this was brought to light on the forums, evident from the dip to around 15-20s then the subsequent rise to 40-50s+ not long after a post was made on the discussion forum. no one that invested heavily in these is innocent.

Hopefully the punishments aren’t as harsh as they were with the karma exploit or the snowflake(except for the actual dupers…ban them to kitten!!!) and those that tried to get ahead easily learn for next time

in Black Lion Trading Co

Osi.3504

you think it is okay to purchase a large amount of an item knowing full well it is unreasonably under priced? no one that invested in these did so without understanding something was amiss as it still costs around a gold to craft each one by normal means. you don’t just randomly decide to tp search omega then buy 1000+ of them without knowing the components cost 20+s times 5 to craft it.

Selective ignorance should not work as an excuse/means of getting away scott free.

if you knowingly buy a stolen car and get caught, it gets taken away and you may face legal repercussions. though taken to an extreme, it is the same concept.

That punishment would probably be too harsh for the whiny masses, though i doubt people would openly admit to partaking in this round of exploitation

a good middle ground would be to make all omega golems account bound. people that bought them for use face no problems. those that bought them to flip can still do so via drop trades with no endorsement or protection offered by anet.

no easy profits should be made from trying to abuse this situation. i could easily have purchased several thousand, so don’t think i’m bitter because i missed out. i was just not arrogant in the assumption that i could ride my way up a pile of gold with no trouble whatsoever. Most of the large volume trading occurred after this was brought to light on the forums, evident from the dip to around 15-20s then the subsequent rise to 40-50s+ not long after a post was made on the discussion forum. no one that invested heavily in these is innocent.

Hopefully the punishments aren’t as harsh as they were with the karma exploit or the snowflake(except for the actual dupers…ban them to kitten!!!) and those that tried to get ahead easily learn for next time

Here’s the problem, people are jealous and mad as hell at people who easily profit period and this is why we time over time go over this. They try to find some reason people should be banned because they felt it was wrong they made easy money. Yes a dupe and exploit did exist and created this senario, yes people realize they are cheap… obviously someone HAS TO buy up the stock if ANET will not delete it, rollback when they knew about the issue etc.

To say you should be banned because you profited in a open market is funny, if anything the only people who should be punished are the ones who did true wrong doing and exploited and knew they were doing something very wrong. People who seize to take advantage of the market and become a middle man in trading doesn’t deserve to get banned because flipping is completely allowed, if this was so wrong, there should have been a rollback or the patterns should be exchanged for what you paid for them via your TP log book.

Karma people got banned because they were taking advantage of something they KNEW was wrong, a very cheap karma item that sold for a lot. It was so obvious that’s WHY they were doing it to begin with and WHY they got banned.

Snowflake I don’t know much about it, but there was a bug/exploit and last I checked, players who bought cheap items off the TP didn’t get punished lol.

Now this, the exploiters should be perm banned via IP log in(all accounts) but those who came across these and bought them cheap… I don’t know how I can say they did something wrong when ANET didn’t care enough to rollback, exchange them for silver, or disable the blueprints sooner(if possible).

Either way I think it’s silly to say people should be banned for making profit when they are just buying and selling items put into the free market, no matter what’s behind it, if the items shouldn’t exist, ANET should rollback, not punish players for making money (which is completely allowed atm).

If something like this isn’t allowed, a rollback should ALWAYS be done, if not ANET needs to make it CLEAR that anyone who buys a massive amount of an item could get introuble for profiting off a un-intended situation. Until they do that, it’s would be pretty radical to punish people that didn’t do anything out of the norm and people who stockpile materials from first hand information off livestreams etc. or future known updates should be banned too.

(edited by Osi.3504)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Thoughtless.7148

Here’s the problem, people are jealous and mad as hell at people who easily profit period and this is why we time over time go over this. They try to find some reason people should be banned because they felt it was wrong they made easy money. Yes a dupe and exploit did exist and created this senario, yes people realize they are cheap… obviously someone HAS TO buy up the stock if ANET will not delete it, rollback when they knew about the issue etc.

To say you should be banned because you profited in a open market is funny, if anything the only people who should be punished are the ones who did true wrong doing and exploited and knew they were doing something very wrong. People who seize to take advantage of the market and become a middle man in trading doesn’t deserve to get banned because flipping is completely allowed, if this was so wrong, there should have been a rollback or the patterns should be exchanged for what you paid for them via your TP log book.

Karma people got banned because they were taking advantage of something they KNEW was wrong, a very cheap karma item that sold for a lot. It was so obvious that’s WHY they were doing it to begin with and WHY they got banned.

Snowflake I don’t know much about it, but there was a bug/exploit and last I checked, players who bought cheap items off the TP didn’t get punished lol.

Now this, the exploiters should be perm banned via IP log in(all accounts) but those who came across these and bought them cheap… I don’t know how I can say they did something wrong when ANET didn’t care enough to rollback, exchange them for silver, or disable the blueprints sooner(if possible).

Either way I think it’s silly to say people should be banned for making profit when they are just buying and selling items put into the free market, no matter what’s behind it, if the items shouldn’t exist, ANET should rollback, not punish players for making money (which is completely allowed atm).

If something like this isn’t allowed, a rollback should ALWAYS be done, if not ANET needs to make it CLEAR that anyone who buys a massive amount of an item could get introuble for profiting off a un-intended situation. Until they do that, it’s would be pretty radical to punish people that didn’t do anything out of the norm.

At least you took the time to organize your poorly constructed wall of text. and continue to edit it…i won’t bother checking for what

You obviously didn’t read what i said very well. I stated only the direct dupers should be banned. As such, i won’t even bother to address most of what you are saying.

you are, in fact, supposed to read the terms of service before agreeing to install this game, maybe you would be more enlightened on the matter had you done so. it is CLEAR.

They barely began addressing this issue today, and a fix will be released on Tuesday. what ever consequences they decide upon will be revealed then.

i notice you removed your hilarious comparison to t6 mat speculation. IF the though crossed your mind that this exploitation(to use someone or something in a way that helps you unfairly) is comparable,well then….l o l

in Black Lion Trading Co

Osi.3504

If something like this isn’t allowed, a rollback should ALWAYS be done, if not ANET needs to make it CLEAR that anyone who buys a massive amount of an item could get introuble for profiting off a un-intended situation. Until they do that, it’s would be pretty radical to punish people that didn’t do anything out of the norm.

At least you took the time to organize your poorly constructed wall of text.

You obviously didn’t read what i said very well. I stated only the direct dupers should be banned. As such, i won’t even bother to address most of what you are saying.

you are, in fact, supposed to read the terms of service before agreeing to install this game, maybe you would be more enlightened on the matter had you done so. it is CLEAR.

They barely began addressing this issue today, and a fix will be released on Tuesday. what ever consequences they decide upon will be revealed then.

i notice you removed your hilarious comparison to t6 mat speculation. IF the though crossed your mind that this exploitation(to use someone or something in a way that helps you unfairly) is comparable,well then….l o l

It’s just common sense here, and no I re-added it back in, I’m just trying to construct the post so people who have flawed viewpoints can understand. While I realize the whole arguement is based on items that were duped and are being bought, if this was a major concern then a rollback would have happened, because it didn’t, apparaently ANET doesn’t care enough and because of this, it’s hard to believe there is something wrong with buying duped stock they LEFT IN THE GAME. L O L

So if we’re going to start banning people because ANET isn’t taking swift action, and ban people for PROFITING then I assume we should start banning anyone that flips items, anyone that stocks up on early information via livestreams etc. because it’s techincally the SAME situation minus the unintended stock which anet could have rolled back.

Also ANET knew about this 3 days ago and now are just getting to it… pretty backwards to me and your last post just shows your ignorance and ability to have a discussion.

(edited by Osi.3504)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Thoughtless.7148

At least you took the time to organize your poorly constructed wall of text.

It’s just common sense here, and no I re-added it back in, I’m just trying to construct the post so people who have flawed viewpoints can understand. While I realize the whole arguement is based on items that were duped and are being bought, if this was a major concern then a rollback would have happened, because it didn’t, apparaently ANET doesn’t care enough and because of this, it’s hard to believe there is something wrong with buying duped stock they LEFT IN THE GAME. L O L

So if we’re going to start banning people because ANET isn’t taking swift action, and ban people for PROFITING then I assume we should start banning anyone that flips items, anyone that stocks up on early information via livestreams etc. because it’s techincally the SAME situation minus the unintended stock which anet could have rolled back.

seems you are still hung up on your misinterpreted(see clearly stated but obviously not read) understanding of what i typed out. i stated that only the dupers should be banned and a fair solution for all the omega blueprints would be to make them account bound so those that intended to use them face no repercussion and those, who knowing invested in a duped item, have no support from anet(via tp sale) in their en devour to make easy profit, but are still allowed their profit

edit: you should use the edit: so you stop hiding your corrections within your babble and you should also learn what ignorant means as you were the one being ignorant, not bothering to actually find out that the point you have been arguing with me about was one i had not made

(edited by Thoughtless.7148)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Osi.3504

Well whatever happens ends up happening, it just seems wrong to punish people who flip, I don’t have any omega golems so I don’t have to deal with it. I just get sick and tired of people who come on here and cry wolf because others are making easy money and use NORMAL GAME FUNCTIONS to do it. While these items were infact duped, ANET has the ability to rollback, remove, or do something about it rather than waiting days and hurtings players that had nothing to do with the dupe.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Osi.3504

I’m not hiding anything, I’m just rewording or changing something after proof reading because I choose to do it after I post it, don’t like that? too bad.

Also you said “Hopefully the punishments aren’t as harsh as they were with the karma exploit or the snowflake(except for the actual dupers…ban them to kitten!!!) and those that tried to get ahead easily learn for next time” which can pretty much mean anything aside from account bounding golems, either way you want punishment upon those players which is how I read it and how you posted it. As of my arguement, I find it wrong to punish those players period and I wasn’t a player that made massive gold off it, I just look at the facts and the game mechanics here. Lots of innocenet players would be banned in the process for doing something they do any other given day. To a lot of people they might not even realize they were duped, perhaps they just crashed in price cause one person sold a ton. I thought that at first personally because I didn’t think duping was even possible. Perhaps you should read everything yourself and yes, it’s pretty arrogant to reply back to me the way you did at first just because I challenged you and edited my post to express my viewpoints better than I originally did and for all I knew no one was watching this post like a hawk.

Be back later.

Ya just skimmed through the user agreement again and I don’t see anything in there stating your account will be terminated for buying items off the trading post no matter how they got there. ArenaNet can clean the mess up and ban those who did violate the rules.

Also if anything good came out of this dupe, it created a MASSIVE gold sink.

(edited by Osi.3504)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Essence Snow.3194

I’m not hiding anything, I’m just rewording or changing something after proof reading because I choose to do it after I post it, don’t like that? too bad.

Also you said “Hopefully the punishments aren’t as harsh as they were with the karma exploit or the snowflake(except for the actual dupers…ban them to kitten!!!) and those that tried to get ahead easily learn for next time” which can pretty much mean anything aside from account bounding golems, either way you want punishment upon those players which is how I read it and how you posted it. As of my arguement, I find it wrong to punish those players period and I wasn’t a player that made massive gold off it, I just look at the facts and the game mechanics here. Lots of innocenet players would be banned in the process for doing something they do any other given day. To a lot of people they might not even realize they were duped, perhaps they just crashed in price cause one person sold a ton. I thought that at first personally because I didn’t think duping was even possible. Perhaps you should read everything yourself and yes, it’s pretty arrogant to reply back to me the way you did at first just because I challenged you and edited my post to express my viewpoints better than I originally did and for all I knew no one was watching this post like a hawk.

Be back later.

Ya just skimmed through the user agreement again and I don’t see anything in there stating your account will be terminated for buying items off the trading post no matter how they got there. ArenaNet can clean the mess up and ban those who did violate the rules.

If they bought a significant amount they full well knew the market price of them. That knowledge bars them from being innocent. While some players may not have known that the items were duped, the price and supply were enough to know something was not right and most likely too good to be true. Aside from the obvious abnomalies some players decided to go ahead and try to take advantage of something (again it was/is pretty blatant something was/is amiss) that had the potential to generate lots of profit.

tl/dr: Players that bought loads were most likely not innocent in the least like they claim to be, rather they chose to try and exploit an exploit.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Pendragon.8735

Pendragon.8735

Why couldn’t they be deleted from inventories? Just refund people their buying price in tandem with the removal.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Malediktus.9250

Why couldn’t they be deleted from inventories? Just refund people their buying price in tandem with the removal.

Because some people resold them already and trippled their money. Its too late now.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Navzar.2938

Navzar.2938

Buying the item is not breaking any rules. As long as you’re not exploiting with it, you should be fine.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

Be back later.

If they bought a significant amount they full well knew the market price of them. That knowledge bars them from being innocent. While some players may not have known that the items were duped, the price and supply were enough to know something was not right and most likely too good to be true. Aside from the obvious abnomalies some players decided to go ahead and try to take advantage of something (again it was/is pretty blatant something was/is amiss) that had the potential to generate lots of profit.

tl/dr: Players that bought loads were most likely not innocent in the least like they claim to be, rather they chose to try and exploit an exploit.

I purchased 100 omega golems. I noticed a huge downward trend in them and purchased them for 58s a piece. I mentioned this and someone I know speculated that it was due to ram mastery over-performing. If that was the case then I could only see a ram mastery nerf and an eventual increase in the price of omega golems. I heard a rumor about 3 hours later that there may be a duplication exploit. 1 day later I read confirmation that there was a duplication exploit. Those who got a bargain at my price or even some purchased for under 40s probably did not know there was an exploit. There was certainly something amiss, but like I mentioned, there were other reasons such as ram mastery that sound completely logical. And most of us aren’t economists by profession believe it or not.

The way I see it, if Anet don’t do anything to rectify the duplicated golems then I have every right to sell them when I see fit, assuming my golems were even the ones that were duplicated and not someone selling legit golems who sold them in a panic. I will be selling them when they get up to where they were previously.

in Black Lion Trading Co

DarcShriek.5829

Has anet publicly responded to this issue yet?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Essence Snow.3194

I purchased 100 omega golems. I noticed a huge downward trend in them and purchased them for 58s a piece. I mentioned this and someone I know speculated that it was due to ram mastery over-performing. If that was the case then I could only see a ram mastery nerf and an eventual increase in the price of omega golems. I heard a rumor about 3 hours later that there may be a duplication exploit. 1 day later I read confirmation that there was a duplication exploit. Those who got a bargain at my price or even some purchased for under 40s probably did not know there was an exploit. There was certainly something amiss, but like I mentioned, there were other reasons such as ram mastery that sound completely logical. And most of us aren’t economists by profession believe it or not.

The way I see it, if Anet don’t do anything to rectify the duplicated golems then I have every right to sell them when I see fit, assuming my golems were even the ones that were duplicated and not someone selling legit golems who sold them in a panic. I will be selling them when they get up to where they were previously.

For the ram mastery speculation to hold any water regular golems and rams would have been drastically impacted as well. As we all know this wasn’t/isn’t the case.

Players with enough stock to drastically effect a singular items are typically well rehearsed in said items. They would definitely know the base price of creating an omega golem from regular ones via the mystic forge. That recipe is the regulating implement that Anet has provided. Players with such stock as to drastically effect prices typically do not panic sell below a regulated price range with things are obviously amiss …….ie……They weren’t able to attain such stock in the 1st place by not knowing how the market/game works and or is regulated.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

For the ram mastery speculation to hold any water regular golems and rams would have been drastically impacted as well. As we all know this wasn’t/isn’t the case.

Players with enough stock to drastically effect a singular items are typically well rehearsed in said items. They would definitely know the base price of creating an omega golem from regular ones via the mystic forge. That recipe is the regulating implement that Anet has provided. Players with such stock as to drastically effect prices typically do not panic sell below a regulated price range with things are obviously amiss …….ie……They weren’t able to attain such stock in the 1st place by not knowing how the market/game works and or is regulated.

Most people don’t put that much thought into it dude. “Its like holy skritt the omegas are going though the floor. Why? Ram mastery. Oh so if ram mastery is overperforming than it might get a nerf and omegas might go back up. If I buy some now I might make a profit and if worst comes to worst and Im wrong I can just donate them to my guild.” I don’t analyse the economy and look at regulators and whatever that other stuff is you just talked about. I just make a best guess on how things work.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

ANet are probably deciding what to do about this situation right now. My best guess:

1. Dupers will DEFINITELY be banned. No question about it.

2. People who bought a few Omega blueprints at super cheap prices are probably safe. People who bought HUNDREDS of Omega blueprints at super cheap prices may face sanction if they used them to abuse the WvW meta. (Although since I don’t WvW, this is doubtful based on what guildies tell me since you still need supply to construct the golems.)

3. People who bought truckloads of blueprints on the cheap to resell them when they go up in price MAY face sanction, although I think it is quite unlikely. Most likely ANet will simply delete any stocks of Omega blueprints and refund money.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: WatchTheShow.7203

WatchTheShow.7203

1 year ago, cultural karma merchants were selling their weapons for a tenth (1/10) of their original price due to a glitch after a patch. You didn’t have to do any cheating/hacking/glitching to get the karma weapons for the reduced price. You just walked up and purchased them normally. Much like today’s glitched Omega golems. Anyone who bought more than 20 were permanently banned. I would highly advise against buying the golems at the moment.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Chaotic Storm.2815

Chaotic Storm.2815

not likely to happen. unless they are providing an exact return of what gold you’ve spend buying them. There be a kitten storm if anet suddenly started stripping people of plans because it “may” be a copy.

#ELEtism