Black lion Keys

Black lion Keys

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Delgan.8619

Delgan.8619

Bought 35x keys spent in the region of 2910gems, which might not be much to many but it was to me…

I feel like I’ve thrown my money down the drain, nothing retained that was worth while at all.

Am I alone here?

Delgan Cortex – Mesmer Lv80
Guild: N/A
Seafarer’s Rest – EU

Black lion Keys

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: DavidSev.6978

DavidSev.6978

They are basically like lottery tickets. A very small chance at something good, but normally a waste of cash.

Black lion Keys

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

Essentially, using Black Lion Keys will ALWAYS be a financial loss, but that loss is mitigated by the cosmetic/booster items based on how highly you value those things.

If you feel that your loss is compensated by the Mystery Tonics or XP Boosters that you get, then go for it. If you are expecting to make a profit though, avoid them like death.

Server: Devona’s Rest

Black lion Keys

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

Only 35? That’s quite a low number.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Black lion Keys

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Kupper.8074

Kupper.8074

Let us just estimate that the exchange rate is 9g per 100gems. Essentially you spent 261 gold. Now with that gold you could have had 4 of the new skins and a mini. Like DavidSev said, they are a lottery ticket. Better to spend 800 gems on a character slot and farm key runs.

JQ – The ‘veggie’ Knight
Berserker = Skilled http://i.imgur.com/g1rkIub.jpg
Never forget – http://i.imgur.com/Oxra9sj.jpg

Black lion Keys

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

keys have something like a 1 in 500 chance of something that’s 500 times better than other stuff that come out of them. most of the time you will be disappointed. But every now and then, someone wins the lottery and makes others want to try.

Black lion Keys

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

They’re scratch tickets. If you don’t like getting a three pack of minis, unidentified dyes and a handful of boosters that don’t buy any. “But … but … cool skin …” It’s a trap for the weak minded. Sure maybe you’ll get lucky but looking for enough ticket scraps or even an actual ticket? Charlie had better luck.

Attachments:

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

(edited by Behellagh.1468)

Black lion Keys

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

Their scratch tickets. If you don’t like getting a three pack of minis, unidentified dyes and a handful of boosters that don’t buy any. “But … but … cool skin …” It’s a trap for the week minded. Sure maybe you’ll get lucky but looking for enough ticket scraps or even an actual ticket? Charlie had better luck.

Wait… so Evon is Willy? That’s a meme waiting to happen.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Black lion Keys

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Esmee.1067

Esmee.1067

Just wondering, what did you expect to get out of this?

Gambling is generally a bad idea. (That being said I do farm keys once in a while if I’m watching a series I’d otherwise fall asleep during (it’s my health, not the series) and know a single claim ticket can make up for a lot, assuming you sell the skin a few months later, or in the usual case, use it for myself. Which is still a waste considering how long you have to wait to break even, possibly make a tiny profit.)

(edited by Esmee.1067)

Black lion Keys

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Their scratch tickets. If you don’t like getting a three pack of minis, unidentified dyes and a handful of boosters that don’t buy any. “But … but … cool skin …” It’s a trap for the week minded. Sure maybe you’ll get lucky but looking for enough ticket scraps or even an actual ticket? Charlie had better luck.

Wait… so Evon is Willy? That’s a meme waiting to happen.

Need the bobble head version doing Candy Man. In a top hat.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Black lion Keys

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Rovaeden.8546

Rovaeden.8546

Black Lion Keys are a HUGE JOKE!

The only worthwhile things that the chests drop (supposedly drop) have a less than 0.001% drop chance.

There are a number of Chest drop studies out there on the net. Check them out before you buy your next key. You will notice that the drop chances are absurdly low and maybe you will save some money and skip these stupid keys.

Black lion Keys

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Magnus Steelgrave.6580

Magnus Steelgrave.6580

I feel like I’ve thrown my money down the drain, nothing retained that was worth while at all.

Said anyone who’s ever spent real money on them.

Black lion Keys

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zeivu.3615

Zeivu.3615

You aren’t alone. However, as long as there are users who’ll submit to the gambling, it’s not going away. Tell them NO!

http://youtu.be/6jxahVL5T9U
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ICbcBcXVC0