Boxing gloves, no "POW" Animations

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Turbo Chet.8527

Turbo Chet.8527

I bought boxing gloves fully expecting the “SLAM! POW! WHACK!” animations that are promised in the description and yet I waste 300 gems / 6 gold to find that the animations have been replaced by costume brawling skills? I’m pretty disappointed ANET, please fix this.

Thank you.

(edited by Turbo Chet.8527)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Jeffrey Vaughn

Jeffrey Vaughn

Content Designer

I’m not sure what I understand the issue. It says in the description ‘Town clothes cannot be worn in combat’ so it’s pretty clear that it’s not going to affect your normal attack skills.

(edited by Jeffrey Vaughn.1793)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Turbo Chet.8527

I’m not talking about that. I’m talking about the cartoony animations that the boxing gloves used to have. The exaggerated comical boom, pow, etc. animations. You know, the main selling point of the item? They aren’t there anymore. Even though the description clearly labels it as if they are when you go buy them.

I’m not sure how you’re confused, my post couldn’t be any clearer.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

He is talking about “this”, which was changed when the combat brawl was introduced.

On the bright side, now you can actually use the boxing gloves, so to speak.

Attachments:

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

You can still see the “POW!” etc. visuals by engaging in costume brawling once you’re wearing the gloves. Granted, anybody using tonics or items that allow them to enter costume brawling gets the same benefit.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Turbo Chet.8527

I’ve pressed every costume brawl skill, there is no “POW” animations. My character just swings and punches with no added effect.

Unless you mean actually engaging against a human opponent ,but that would defeat the whole purpose of buying the item in the first place. I shouldn’t have to engage someone to see the animation. I should have it regardless like how it was in the first place.

Edit: I just tried it, “slam, pow, whack” animations do not appear.

Unfortunately, now I wasted my gems because of false advertising.

I doubt they will bother fixing this, but at least edit the item description so people don’t waste gems expecting something that isn’t promised.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Dyno.9467

Dyno.9467

You’ve been watching to much 1960’s Batman

“And now, to destroy you”

Asura – Desolation

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Thelgar.7214

Thelgar.7214

I’ve pressed every costume brawl skill, there is no “POW” animations. My character just swings and punches with no added effect.

Unless you mean actually engaging against a human opponent ,but that would defeat the whole purpose of buying the item in the first place. I shouldn’t have to engage someone to see the animation. I should have it regardless like how it was in the first place.

I doubt they will bother fixing this, but at least edit the item description so people don’t waste gems expecting something that isn’t promised.

Nothing like having something you bought taken away with no recompense. Maybe there should be a list maintained of things that ArenaNet downgraded in quality after people purchased it so people can make a more informed choice about whether to risk spending money or time on stuff.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Turbo Chet.8527

Nothing like having something you bought taken away with no recompense. Maybe there should be a list maintained of things that ArenaNet downgraded in quality after people purchased it so people can make a more informed choice about whether to risk spending money or time on stuff.

Yea seriously. I’m never going to spend money on their gem system.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Tallis.5607

Tallis.5607

I bought boxing gloves fully expecting the “SLAM! POW! WHACK!” animations that are promised in the description and yet I waste 300 gems / 6 gold to find that the animations have been replaced by costume brawling skills? I’m pretty disappointed ANET, please fix this.

Thank you.

You’ve been ‘marketed’!

If you don’t know by now that companies give extreem misleading information to sell products, you are definatly the target audience for any of the gem store items, lol.

Tallis – Perpetual newbie – Tarnished Coast.
Always carries a towel – Never panics – Eats cookies.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Drawing Guy.3701

Drawing Guy.3701

So with costume brawl, they changed it so that it happens with any costume weapon when you hit someone. While I do agree that takes of a bit of the fun outside of costume brawl, I actually do find costume brawls fun themselves. I’ve had some pretty epic battles in Lions Arch and guild events.

Sadly they can’t add them back to the gloves, as then you would never know if you’re successfully engaging in a brawl, or just wiffing air.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Curse Drew.8679

Curse Drew.8679

yeah i was expecting same thing. i seen this video:

But after buying they dont fuction like this.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Drunken Mad King.8193

Drunken Mad King.8193

No response on the loss of the Kappow animations? is this being looked into and being fixed?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Geotherma.2395

Geotherma.2395

But batman only got “pows!” and “whack!” when he hit people. How would you get a pow from punching air? Or are you saying that you used to be able to do that and it has changed? Sorry i wasn’t around for that, so I really don’t know.

Intel i7 3.9ghz processor 16GB Ram 2TB HDD
Nvidia GTX 650 Win 7 64bit FFXI 4+yrs/Aion 4+ years Complete Noob~ Veteran OIF/OEF
http://everyonesgrudge.enjin.com/home MY GW2 Music http://tinyurl.com/cm4o6tu

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Curse Drew.8679

Curse Drew.8679

Maybe it should say “wiff” and “whoosh,” atleast something would be nice when your not in a brawl, but just playing around.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Traldera.5120

Traldera.5120

Be nice if this was fixed given the only people affected are those nice enough to support Anet with gem purchases….