Brand New Trading Post!

Brand New Trading Post!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/introducing-the-new-trading-post/

Overhauled everything… will edit with details.

Highlights:

1. New UI similar to gem store allows instant switching between buy/sell
2. Pick up tab redone to be visible at all times and tell you how many items and what items are available for pick up
3. Fees are now clearly displayed and broken down
4. Can see all sell listings so you can see if there is a big spread between first one and next few
5. Backend redone from the ground up to significantly improve performance.
6. ALL THE FILTERS
7. Categories redone to make more sense and be cleaner

(edited by ZudetGambeous.9573)

Brand New Trading Post!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

What I like very much is that now you are able to directly see all the selling prices without having to manually search it like we do now.

That way we can see if there is a small/large spread between the lowest selling and 2nd lowest selling price.

As I aluded to in the other thread, I’m curious what’s going to happen to items that I stored on the TP pick-up tab.

It says the delivery box will be available everywhere, so I hope they don’t lump it up with the mail system and I won’t be able to pick up mail (that’s my main way of transferring gold between accounts)

I also hope we can retrieve gold separately from items.

Brand New Trading Post!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Celestial.4381

Celestial.4381

Three things I got from my initial parsing of the announcement:

1) I didn’t notice any of the scary potential changes I was fearing would come, such as posting limits, paying posting fees with karma, etc.

2) FILTERS FILTERS SO MANY NEW FILTERS YAY

3) How will this revamped TP (with a new engine) affect economy tracking sites like GW2 Spidy? I hope they don’t somehow get broken in the rollout process.

Brand New Trading Post!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Celestial.4381

It says the delivery box will be available everywhere, so I hope they don’t lump it up with the mail system and I won’t be able to pick up mail (that’s my main way of transferring gold between accounts)

I also hope we can retrieve gold separately from items.

I don’t think TP pickup will be available just anywhere, based on this:

“Best of all, it’s always available no matter where you are on the Trading Post. You can now see at a glance whether you’ve got coins or items to pick up, and of course it automatically updates as new sales complete. You can also expand it to get more details about the items waiting for you when you visit a Black Lion Trading Company representative.”

Seems like you’ll still have to visit a BLTC rep to pick up items. The “anywhere” thing seems to refer to the fact that you can check on your pickups while doing something else in the TP window.

I’m with you on the separate gold pickup. Sometimes I place buy orders for lots and lots of crafting items (that exceed material storage stack size), and don’t want to have to shuffle all of them off of a non-crafter character that just needs the gold.

Brand New Trading Post!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

gw2spidy et al shouldn’t be directly affected — they are changing the UI, but they didn’t say a word about the APIs involved. The item and skin APIs still deliver accurate details about item names, vendor sellback value, cats/subcats, etc. The “spider” that spidy uses to crawl the TP should also still work to bring back prices.

I didn’t see how anything is changing for the mechanics of pickup. It’s just a different way of seeing what you have to pick up, without having to leave the buy/sell screen you’re on. I did like the system in place during BWEs, where you could choose to take the coin (but not items) and (way back) even choose which items you wanted (default: take all). They scrapped that due to performance issues, but maybe they figured out how to handle a few million transactions a day.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Brand New Trading Post!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

These are fantastic changes! Great job, TP team. It looks like a massive improvement, absolutely worthy of hyping.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

Brand New Trading Post!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

I’m tentatively excited. It seems like all positive stuff for the moment, which is a bit unusual for this patch. Have to see it in practice to fully judge.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

Brand New Trading Post!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

My question for John Smith is….

Does this overhaul remove the “Error Attempting to Sell” error?

Brand New Trading Post!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

I didn’t know John Smith was his real name. I thought it was a placeholder name!

Brand New Trading Post!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

I didn’t know John Smith was his real name. I thought it was a placeholder name!

He addresses this in the “I have a question about the economy” thread where he basically confirms that he is, in fact, the Doctor.

Edit: To correct my quotes.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

(edited by Guhracie.3419)

Brand New Trading Post!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Buttercup.5871

Buttercup.5871

No more easy mode manipulation of base material prices! I know I did this from time to time when I needed huge amounts of wood or cooking materials (e.g. the F&F recipes require a ton of materials).

Being able to see the sell listings may become a game changer for the prices of many materials. This is good news.

Brand New Trading Post!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I’m with you on the separate gold pickup. Sometimes I place buy orders for lots and lots of crafting items (that exceed material storage stack size), and don’t want to have to shuffle all of them off of a non-crafter character that just needs the gold.

I’m puzzled, since the gold goes to the wallet, why not collect on the crafter alt, then swap to the gold-needing alt?

I’d think they need to make it all-or-nothing for previously discussed reasons of avoiding using the TP as a storage vault.

Brand New Trading Post!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Celestial.4381

I’m puzzled, since the gold goes to the wallet, why not collect on the crafter alt, then swap to the gold-needing alt?

I’d think they need to make it all-or-nothing for previously discussed reasons of avoiding using the TP as a storage vault.

I’ll just give you an example from this morning: last night I had posted a bunch of things on the TP, and this morning logged onto a character that I had done some dungeon runs with last night but didn’t get around to selling the drops off of. As I was posting the dungeon drops, I figured I’d also place some buy orders for crafting materials for another character, intending to pick them up on that character later. Then some gold started to roll in from last night’s postings, but so did a lot of my buy-ordered materials. I didn’t need the materials on that character (and some of them would not have fit into my collectibles tab), but could have used the gold since I was placing buy orders with her at the moment.

This whole situation is more “slightly awkward” than “game-breaking” for me, really. But separate gold withdrawals wouldn’t hurt. Actually, being able to withdraw individual items (or stacks of items) would be even better, if my Cooking alt would just like the stack of Artichokes I ordered and not the two stacks of Seasoned Wood Logs that I also ordered, for my Artificer.

Brand New Trading Post!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: daimasei.4091

daimasei.4091

tl;dr

But any change is welcome, at least, the new UI looks great

Why fix the Necromancer for free when we can charge $$$ for the Revenant
-ArenaNet

Brand New Trading Post!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

looks like I’ll finally get to fulfill a bunch of these. Sounds like they didn’t do everything (no mention of the most important thing: “error attempting to sell”), so I’m looking forward to seeing exactly what they did include.
I expect you won’t be able to pick up items from ‘anywhere on the map’, but rather ‘anywhere on the TP’. that would make tp contracts (perma and one-time-use) completely useless.

Brand New Trading Post!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

What I like very much is that now you are able to directly see all the selling prices without having to manually search it like we do now.

Yes. THIS. Now that I’m regularly buying up high level cloth armor for salvage every night (darn those ridiculously high Silk requirements!), this will help me SO much in deciding which items I’m buying each night.

Brand New Trading Post!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Amurond.4590

Amurond.4590

I got the impression that you will no longer be able to see what items you have successfully purchased in your ‘pick-up’ section unless you’re actually at a TP trader. You can see that you have items and gold to pick-up, but you can’t see any details (i.e what these items are) unless you’re at a trader.

Have I misunderstood? Fairly annoying if not.

~ The Server I Play On Is Better Than The Server You Play On ~
- Kudzu, Dreamer, Frostfang, Eternity, Flameseeker Prophecies ~
~Nevermore, HOPE, Moot, Incinerator, Meteorlogicus, Howler ~

Brand New Trading Post!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: dietzero.3514

dietzero.3514

About time the 20 year old browser was updated.

Brand New Trading Post!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

I wouldn’t expect it. What they have showed us is mainly an overhaul of the UI, the
problem of the error however is more on the backend side of the SQL-Servers and
how they communicate from client/gameserver to webserver and back i think.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Brand New Trading Post!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I wouldn’t expect it. What they have showed us is mainly an overhaul of the UI, the

From reading some of the background details folks uncovered at Reddit, they are improving how they query, too. That should reduce the number of times people see the error. If the UI is as good as hyped, it should also provide more useful error messages, when things go wrong. (It’s a bad UI that assumes nothing every borks.)

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Brand New Trading Post!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Mystic.5934

one of the suggested reasons for the “error” is to minimize server load spikes. They said this update will make the whole thing much more efficient. If this was a reason for the “error” (I doubt it), then there wouldn’t be a reason to have it anymore.

Also, a dev said a few months ago that they “found the bug causing that and it’ll be fixed soon”, so I’m hopeful.

Brand New Trading Post!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Well I just finished watching the Points of Interest on this. While the speed seems impressive you do have to say it’s connected to a dev marketplace and internal network Vs an active player marketplace over the Internet. But the UI is very responsive. Sadly nobody asked the questions I had but I did notice they had the UI set to small and the TP was very readable.

And yes the 3rd party sites will break but they just started reaching out to them with updated info. That may upset the marketplace more than any other change in the short term because the handy 3rd party sites that track price history over time or point out which mystic forge or crafting recipes are profitable currently is relied on by many without the skills who didn’t set up their own private system.

I can’t wait to try it out.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Brand New Trading Post!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Mystic.5934

I thought the “this will break 3rd party sites that use the API” and “we encourage the use of the API” were funny contradicting things to say.
I expect they meant something more like “this will break 3rd party sites that use the API until they update their variable names” or something like that. As they said it, it sounded like the Trading Post API would be kaput.

Brand New Trading Post!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Behellagh.1468

But the TP API was never “official” I thought as oppose to their other APIs that can fetch assets like their quagan art or WvW status.

RIP City of Heroes

(edited by Behellagh.1468)

Brand New Trading Post!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Mystic.5934

Brand New Trading Post!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Behellagh.1468

I read that already. Where is the TP API because I don’t see it listed.

Look, finally an official one.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/community/api/The-Commerce-APIs-are-now-live/first#post4376329

RIP City of Heroes

(edited by Behellagh.1468)

Brand New Trading Post!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Updates breaking APIs happens in all MMOs .. i just have to shudder how often after
an Update some UI-Mods in oder MMOs didn’t work until they were updated or in
some cases just crashed the game and i had to find out what file it was.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Brand New Trading Post!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Teneb.4973

Teneb.4973

The new UI for selling on the TP is terrible. To reach the sell panel I now have to:

1) Open tab, click Trading Post, then click Sell My Items. That’s one action more than the old UI
2) Open my inventory, scrabble around trying to find a sellable item, right click and select Sell at Trading Post

The Trading Post view now has fewer sellable items visible, so more scrolling is required.

My regular action is to sell immediately, but the default is List – so another click needed for every sale.

Finally, if I’m selling a stack the default is to sell just 1 item, so I have to use the slider bar to select the full stack – yet another action to take in order to sell.

The previous UI wasn’t great, but this has turned selling into a chore. The UI has been redesigned so that I have more clicking and selecting to make a simple sale. What I needed:

1) A single hotkey to get to the sell panel
2) A larger number of sellable items to view
3) A way to set preferred defaults (e.g., default sell immediately, default sell stack)

I can see there are several improvement to the system, but my main activity on the TP has been made worse…

Brand New Trading Post!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: nexxe.7081

nexxe.7081

The new UI for selling on the TP is terrible. To reach the sell panel I now have to:

1) Open tab, click Trading Post, then click Sell My Items. That’s one action more than the old UI
2) Open my inventory, scrabble around trying to find a sellable item, right click and select Sell at Trading Post

The Trading Post view now has fewer sellable items visible, so more scrolling is required.

My regular action is to sell immediately, but the default is List – so another click needed for every sale.

Finally, if I’m selling a stack the default is to sell just 1 item, so I have to use the slider bar to select the full stack – yet another action to take in order to sell.

The previous UI wasn’t great, but this has turned selling into a chore. The UI has been redesigned so that I have more clicking and selecting to make a simple sale. What I needed:

1) A single hotkey to get to the sell panel
2) A larger number of sellable items to view
3) A way to set preferred defaults (e.g., default sell immediately, default sell stack)

I can see there are several improvement to the system, but my main activity on the TP has been made worse…

I was going to write why it’s bad, but your list is exactly why i hate it.

I’m seriously thinking of looking for a new MMO. All these changes are terrible and the TP changes are fundamental enough to stop playing.

Brand New Trading Post!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ensign.2189

Ensign.2189

I’m going to give it a couple days so that I don’t end up criticizing things that are just transition costs, but I am having to click a lot more to do anything in the new interface. Previously if I wanted to see the items I’m selling I could just click on ‘items I’m selling’, now I have to click, what, TP, then transactions, then open the filters and select selling?

This is not good.

Brand New Trading Post!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: lukejoe.1592

lukejoe.1592

The new Trading House is CRAP! I can’t believe they made selling items immediately EVEN MORE cumbersome and awful. This is horrible, horrible UI design! The experience is so bad, it make even ruin the game for me.

I grab loot till my bags are full and I want to unload for decent G immediately. I’m NOT playing a economy management game over here!

The old system was buggy, but at least it was built to be reasonable fast. Click item >> Sell! Click item >> Sell!

Now I have Click Item >> Click 1 OR MORE request listings >> Drag the slider from the left side allllllll the way to right >> Sell >> Get a Stupid POP-UP >>Click OK or Close (because both of those buttons do the same thing!!! Anet has introduced a click that doesn’t correspond to decision in ANYWAY!) >> Click item repeat….

Seriously! How hard is it to look up best practices for UX? Answer, NOT HARD. In fact if you use the internet, you should already know them inherently.

This is WHAT WE NEED!

List object >> Let us CTRL + CLICK (because you know that’s only been around for our entire collective memory) multiple items >> SELL ALL NOW!

Easy!

Brand New Trading Post!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: chronometria.3708

chronometria.3708

I was surprised at how horrible the selling process now is and considering how much junk and small, semi-worthless items we have to sell all the time, this is going to be a real chore.

I can only assume that this is intentionally done to slow us, like the “error tying to sell” thing that was built into it. Now I doubt anyone will sell fast enough to see that message ever again.

Brand New Trading Post!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Behellagh.1468

I don’t have a problem selling.

Open TP
Click on Sell
See everything I can sell in my bags.
Click on item and get sell popup.

Now I have a problem with sell. Selling a universal upgrade Medallion of the Rabid, vendor price 1s10c yet it won’t let me sell it for less than 1s30c which is the high sale price, claiming it’s the minimum allowed. Interestingly it may be a problem simply because there are no bids in for any.

RIP City of Heroes

Brand New Trading Post!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Celestial.4381

Open TP
Click on Sell

Now I have a problem with sell. Selling a universal upgrade Medallion of the Rabid, vendor price 1s10c yet it won’t let me sell it for less than 1s30c which is the high sale price, claiming it’s the minimum allowed. Interestingly it may be a problem simply because there are no bids in for any.

They changed it so that the minimum sale price that the TP will accept is vendor price + 15% (transaction fee).

Brand New Trading Post!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Behellagh.1468

Open TP
Click on Sell

They changed it so that the minimum sale price that the TP will accept is vendor price + 15% (transaction fee).

Cool, about time.

RIP City of Heroes

Brand New Trading Post!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Soladewiz.8920

Soladewiz.8920

When you press My Transactions it crashes the game

Brand New Trading Post!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Behellagh.1468

When you press My Transactions it crashes the game

Not for everyone.

RIP City of Heroes

Brand New Trading Post!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Huck.1405

Huck.1405

I’m not impressed with the “improvements” to the TP. It’s more complicated than it used to be. IMHO, the only thing that needed to be added was to be able to choose what type of armor (heavy, medium, light) one is looking for.

There’s a old saying Anet; “If it aint broke, don’t fix it”. Your fixes broke it.

“You can teach ’em, but you cant learn ’em.”

Brand New Trading Post!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Southern.8973

Southern.8973

I already miss being able to use my Mouse Wheel to adjust my price (by hovering over the value and spinning the wheel up or down).

Brand New Trading Post!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Behellagh.1468

I already miss being able to use my Mouse Wheel to adjust my price (by hovering over the value and spinning the wheel up or down).

That still works. It works on mine.

RIP City of Heroes

Brand New Trading Post!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Southern.8973

Southern.8973

That still works. It works on mine.

That’s weird, it’s working for me now, too – I swear it wasn’t before, I’m not completely crazy, I promise!

Brand New Trading Post!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Behellagh.1468

Well none of us are completely crazy.

RIP City of Heroes

Brand New Trading Post!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Kruhljak.2705

Kruhljak.2705

Speak for yourself.