Butter on the rise?

Butter on the rise?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Batman.7536

Batman.7536

With the recent nerf to butter, the price has already risen. Will it follow the same path as chocolate, which was nerfed with the same patch? Supply seems to be burning up rather quickly.

Butter on the rise?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

Yay for butter. No seriously, where do you see a nerf?

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

Butter on the rise?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Oeps Rolls Necro.2594

Oeps Rolls Necro.2594

I was waiting for this post.
http://www.gw2spidy.com/item/12138
If you look at spidey someone bought a whole lot off butter last 2 days.

Gl pushing the prices.

Butter on the rise?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ralphy.5304

Ralphy.5304

Butter on the rise?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Batman.7536

Batman.7536

Butter and chocolate no longer drop from loot bags of level 50 and above.
Butter and chocolate no longer drop from Supply Bags dropped by centaurs, Stolen Supplies dropped by ettins, Ritual Bags dropped by Flame Legion, or Materials Bags dropped by Inquest.

From the halloween update patch notes.

Butter on the rise?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Rouven.7409

I see. Well, maybe then I can sell my surplus that fills my bags from under lvl 50 adventures (got to really start cooking). Everyone else, buy butter

Butter on the rise?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Jono M.8519

Jono M.8519

Lots of guru readers?

Butter on the rise?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Darek.1836

Darek.1836

For the explanation, someone hacked an account, stole its stuff, deleted it’s characters, and created a new one. He then bought a inv full+bank full of butter (like 100 stacks). So that’s why

Holy
Sharks With Lazers [PEW]

Butter on the rise?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Rakuren Kenshou.7689

Rakuren Kenshou.7689

Butter
Chocolate
Cinnamon
Walnuts
Cinnamon+Sugar (because it’s likely no recipe would use cinnamon without sugar, so the mix would be used instead)
Mint Leaves (debatable, as it’s likely we’ll have Candy Cane nodes, so I figure you’d make candy canes using those, not mint leaves)

Apparently a lot of people are going to be doing some baking this Wintersday. Maybe we’ll get the speedboost food that candy corn was promising to be, but failed at. All that sugar has to do something to us!

“I reject your reality and substitute my own.”

Butter on the rise?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Rouven.7409

Butter
Chocolate
Cinnamon
Walnuts
Cinnamon+Sugar (because it’s likely no recipe would use cinnamon without sugar, so the mix would be used instead)
Mint Leaves (debatable, as it’s likely we’ll have Candy Cane nodes, so I figure you’d make candy canes using those, not mint leaves)

Apparently a lot of people are going to be doing some baking this Wintersday. Maybe we’ll get the speedboost food that candy corn was promising to be, but failed at. All that sugar has to do something to us!

Now I come here as a total non-investor. Cinnamon, Walnuts and Butter are three ingredients that I have more then the regular stack of 250 off, just because they drop like candy.
But I’m not going to put it on the TP for 2c while there is a six digit number sitting there anyways. So I hang on to it or sometimes even vendor it, maybe one day I’ll bake some cookies.

Butter on the rise?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: SET.3275

SET.3275

Butter and chocolate no longer drop from loot bags of level 50 and above.
Butter and chocolate no longer drop from Supply Bags dropped by centaurs, Stolen Supplies dropped by ettins, Ritual Bags dropped by Flame Legion, or Materials Bags dropped by Inquest.

From the halloween update patch notes.

So, 1 month after this patch there is still 1mil supplies of butter and 500k of chocolate, which suddenly became very attractive to the chefs around so they decide to buy them all at once
If you look carefully at gw2spidy for the butter last month, you can see it is at equilibrium. The supply is constantly at around 1000k, which means the drop is equal to the consumption. Now few players with lot of bags space bought from the market ~800k sticks of butter (i calculated rough, it is for ~900-1000g).
There is nothing with former or future patch notes, just a simple speculation with popular product – there is no chef who can level up without butter and it is basic ingredient in many more high level recipes. I believe they will succeed with this bump, unless Anet make changes to its drop or crafting demands. There is no reason the newly dropped butter to be sell cheaper. Consumption will remain the same, the drop will remain the same, only the price will be several times higher.

(edited by SET.3275)

Butter on the rise?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Rakuren Kenshou.7689

Rakuren Kenshou.7689

Butter
Chocolate
Cinnamon
Walnuts

Now I come here as a total non-investor. Cinnamon, Walnuts and Butter are three ingredients that I have more then the regular stack of 250 off, just because they drop like candy.
But I’m not going to put it on the TP for 2c while there is a six digit number sitting there anyways. So I hang on to it or sometimes even vendor it, maybe one day I’ll bake some cookies.

My strategy is this…

If it’s sitting at minimum price (2-3 copper for most items), there is no real reason not to buy it. Even if 2 years down the road, the price never changes, you can get out and lose very little.

However, if it jumps you will make PURE profit. I bought 2000 chocolate a month or so ago speculating it would rise at Christmas. And I sold it all when it hit 1.2 silver a piece. 2 copper up to 1.2 silver a piece is a HUGE profit.

Because Cinnamon was on the lower side of things (compared to some of the other investment options), I bought 8000 cinnamon. Because again, worst comes to worst, I cash it all back in at 3 copper and lose almost no money.

So yeah, my advice for investors who are worried about risks…

Don’t take any. Buying at 2-3 copper isn’t a risk. One of two things will eventually happen. The price will rise (due to the release of a new recipe) or they will put that mystic forge recipe back into existance and clean out the TP again.

“I reject your reality and substitute my own.”

Butter on the rise?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Jono M.8519

Jono M.8519

If you look carefully at gw2spidy for the butter last month, you can see it is at equilibrium. The supply is constantly at around 1000k, which means the drop is equal to the consumption. Now few players with lot of bags space bought from the market ~800k sticks of butter (i calculated rough, it is for ~900-1000g).
There is nothing with former or future patch notes, just a simple speculation with popular product – there is no chef who can level up without butter and it is basic ingredient in many more high level recipes. I believe they will succeed with this bump, unless Anet make changes to its drop or crafting demands. There is no reason the newly dropped butter to be sell cheaper. Consumption will remain the same, the drop will remain the same, only the price will be several times higher.

Actually, if you look at the sell numbers theres 1.5mil at the start of november that decreased steadily to ~800k yesterday, before the mass buyout began. It definitely wasn’t at equilibrium.