Can not sell rare drop because of lack of funds for listing fee

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: HappyDale.5398

HappyDale.5398

Today I got Arachnophobia, and was pretty excited. It was a bit frustrating to find out that because of the listing fees and my lack of funds (I just spent a bunch) I cant sell it now. I personally like the fees, and think the money sink is a good thing…but I would appreciate it if there was a way to rework it all so that I could sell it now. Either a higher fee on the back side, or something that would allow me to post it.

Right after noon PST is went up to 75 + gold, now its back down a lot from there. I would have loved to dumped it earlier.

I know that some people use the TP as storage, and front fee is important. BUT still I should be able to sell a good drop, and solve my financial woes.

There are ways around this, I just borrow some money from a friend.

(edited by HappyDale.5398)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Cerise.9045

Cerise.9045

Today I got Arachnophobia, and was pretty excited. It was a bit frustrating to find out that because of the listing fees and my lack of funds (I just spent a bunch) I cant sell it now. I personally like the fees, and think the money sink is a good thing…but I would appreciate it if there was a way to rework it all so that I could sell it now. Either a higher fee on the back side, or something that would allow me to post it.

Right after noon PST is went up to 75 + gold, now its back down a lot from there. I would have loved to dumped it earlier.

I know that some people use the TP as storage, and front fee is important. BUT still I should be able to sell a good drop, and solve my financial woes.

There are ways around this, I just borrow some money from a friend.

You got more money for doing nothing than most people do in their entire time playing the game and you still find a reason to complain?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: NoOneShotU.3479

NoOneShotU.3479

The money doesn’t do him any good if he can’t sell it because he doesn’t have 3-4 gold to list it.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Geikamir.6329

Geikamir.6329

Then wait until he does? L2patience. The price will only go up anyway. Calm down.

Toons: Foreseer, Geikamir, Rapscallion, Specimen, Scythian, Zeau, Ärtifact, and Replica.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lavec.8157

Lavec.8157

If you sell to highest buyer do you need to have the listing fee on hand? Can’t it be taken out of the transaction immediately? Or maybe there isn’t a listing fee since you aren’t really listing it?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Sahriah.3792

Sahriah.3792

So go run a few hours of events and make that money.. Seriously, you have a super rare skin that is going to make you a ton of cash. Don’t complain

in Black Lion Trading Co

HappyDale.5398

You got more money for doing nothing than most people do in their entire time playing the game and you still find a reason to complain?

Doing nothing? I farmed MK dungeon to get it. Doing nothing would be someone giving it to me. Lucky yes, but that is something different.

I’m not complaining, if you read my post, specially the last line, I have a plan to sell it. I borrowed some money to post it in the TP, and then paid my friend 10 % of what I borrowed back to him.

This is more of a suggestion, I know that the average player doesn’t have a lot of money. There should be a way for people to post good drops in the TP to get money, when they don’t have enough funds to post it.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: monepipi.5160

monepipi.5160

Well, you can sell it by mail..but theres no COD in this game. You’ll have to take a very big risk. That or pay the TP’s 15% tax.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: lackofcheese.5617

lackofcheese.5617

Any kind of waiving of the selling fee would simply be asking for people to exploit it. For example, people might temporarily mail their gold away to trusted friends.

Still I guess there are alternatives. One could allow selling to buy orders and taking the listing fee out of the proceeds; I don’t have a problem with this, but often you’ll make significantly less doing this than you would putting up a sell order.

One option for sell orders would be to charge the listing fee on sale as well as on taking the item down, but I’m not convinced that this would be a good idea.

(edited by lackofcheese.5617)

in Black Lion Trading Co

HappyDale.5398

I think a solution for lack of funds would be is to change when you are charged. I like the fees, and don’t want them removed. Currently you have to have the cash and pay on the front end to post a buy order or fill a sell order.

I think if you are posting a Sell order, then you are charged up front like it is now. BUT if you are filling a buy order for fast cash, then you get charged on the back side after selling it. This would be the simplest solution with out causing to many problems.

Filling a buy order is always less cash then posting a sell order, and in the long run the better way is to use sell orders. There are many reasons for someone having low funds, bad spending / saving habits, or you just made a large purchase for something that you wanted. Either way, a lot of people don’t have the cash to post an item worth 50 + gold in the TP. Using a buy order only, and charging on the back side would be the best for instant cash.

(edited by HappyDale.5398)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Tallis.5607

Tallis.5607

Sell it to the highest bidder on TP, then you don’t have to pay any fee out of your pocket, the fee comes from what the buyer pays for it.

And this is really the safest way to go for players that don’t have money to post it. If they borrow money to post it, they might get unlucky and someone else undercuts them with 1c.

That would put them out of business for a long time, cause now they need 2 people to buy that insanely high-prices item before they see any money.

If people are so poor that they cannot post it, they should just count themselves lucky that it dropped and sell it to whoever that is buying it now.

Tallis – Perpetual newbie – Tarnished Coast.
Always carries a towel – Never panics – Eats cookies.

(edited by Tallis.5607)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lavec.8157

Lavec.8157

Sell it to the highest bidder on TP, then you don’t have to pay any fee out of your pocket, the fee comes from what the buyer pays for it.

Nope. I tested this by putting my gold in the bank. You can’t sell to highest bidder if you don’t have the listing fee. Sell button is greyed out.

This is bordering on a bug. At best it’s a design feature oversight.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Hippocampus.8470

Hippocampus.8470

Still I guess there are alternatives. One could allow selling to buy orders and taking the listing fee out of the proceeds; I don’t have a problem with this, but often you’ll make significantly less doing this than you would putting up a sell order.

One option for sell orders would be to charge the listing fee on sale as well as on taking the item down, but I’m not convinced that this would be a good idea.

I like both of these ideas, personally. Why do you think taking the fee upon removing a listing (instead of upon posting it) might be a bad idea? I’m not seeing how someone could abuse that, but maybe I just lack imagination.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Daysy of Ascalon.1974

Daysy of Ascalon.1974

The fee should be payable if and when the item is sold, so deducted from the amount paid when the seller collects his money.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Saarkhastick.9571

Saarkhastick.9571

I have the same problem with the Greatsaw skin I have. It costs 4 times the amount I have to list it so I can’t sell it and make some coin. Very frustrating… And yes, the TP should take their cut when the item sells, not when it’s listed. Any problems with using the TP as storage could be lessened/solved if the listings expired and/or the listing fee is charged either when the item sells or when the lister atempts to remove the item prior to sale.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: jokermo.3058

jokermo.3058

im in the same boat with my ghastly grinning shield skin but i cant sell anyway tp is broke for me but it would cost 4 gold and i barely have one so i honestly have no idea what to do with it other then hold it and hope it doesnt go lower in price

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Edewen.8304

Edewen.8304

Hate to be THAT guy. But don’t you all have ANY friends or guild mates. Seriously, The listing fee is there to protect the market from insane activities. Either farm the couple gold or borrow it. No one on the forums is gonna help you though.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: jokermo.3058

jokermo.3058

Hate to be THAT guy. But don’t you all have ANY friends or guild mates. Seriously, The listing fee is there to protect the market from insane activities. Either farm the couple gold or borrow it. No one on the forums is gonna help you though.

actually not asking for your help we are asking why it cant take the money off the top of the price of the item we are selling which would make sense

and we should have to pay the fee if we pull it off the tp which would be fair

and i personally have no tp so i am unable to buy or sell anything even if i had the money
so for some of us with tp issues would be pointless to farm or borrow money

and 400 gold for a weapon to use as a pre cursor is insane activities in my book

(edited by jokermo.3058)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Tallis.5607

Tallis.5607

Nope. I tested this by putting my gold in the bank. You can’t sell to highest bidder if you don’t have the listing fee. Sell button is greyed out.

This is bordering on a bug. At best it’s a design feature oversight.

Oh, I didn’t know that. Thanks for letting me know!

And yes, that’s odd indeed. I guess it goes on the (rather long) Tallis’ List Of Things To Improve On The Trading Post.

Tallis – Perpetual newbie – Tarnished Coast.
Always carries a towel – Never panics – Eats cookies.