Celestial crafting recipes being bought out

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Soja.5918

Soja.5918

Sometime within the past hour or two, Celestial Emblazoned Coat recipes were kitten . Now, there are 9 of them on the trading post going for 5g each.

The case is similar with Celestial Exalted Coat recipes, at 3g each.

My question is why didn’t ANet just make the sigils and runes recipe bound and not the individual pieces? That’s the most unnecessarily cantankerous thing I’ve seen from ANet regarding crafting recipes.

The Crystal Desert beckons us. Ascension awaits us.

Keirlann Aurion – Ranger – Chieftain of the Ace Guard [AceG]

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ezd.6359

ezd.6359

Yeah, bind them on acquire and you will spend all your money to obtain one missed part. No, thanks. You had 30 days to buy what you want.

English is not my native language, sorry :<

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Hell Avenger.7021

Hell Avenger.7021

i already took out my recipe from the market. i got some extra, and rest one of each for myself. the supply isnt there, people just bombed the market in the last few days of the event.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Soja.5918

You can save your defensive attitude, ezd. What I meant was why this particular series of recipes required you to use one for each and every individual piece of equipment that fell under the eaves of the Celestial line instead of just letting one discover them from the insignia or rune instead. Like I said, it seemed unnecessary except as a waste of time.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: CrossedHorse.4261

CrossedHorse.4261

I predicted that would happen but everyone just said “they won’t run out” or “who wants to craft celestial armor anyway” to me. Well, I guess it just happened. I think ANet should just add them to the vendors by the crafting stations as part of their ordinary stock of recipes and make them purchasable with karma. Same goes for the sigil and rune recipes that are in the current update – otherwise new players or people who missed out this particular LS update will never be able to craft these items (and if, like celestial armor that ends up account bound) ANet continue in this way, more and more this will become a problem.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Soja.5918

Well, ANet already stated that it intends for the Zephyr Sanctum to return regularly. I figure they’re right because I can’t see them just throwing the Labyrinthine Cliffs area away after one use in the game’s first year. I figure they’ll be available in-game then, but until then the current stock is it.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: jazzllanna.1278

jazzllanna.1278

Who knows.. but if you ever decide you do in fact want a set it is best to have the recipe and be safe imo. I am making my set but waiting until after the magic find change to decide which runes to put in it. The magic find change could be really great and make the set really good to have.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: tolunart.2095

tolunart.2095

Sounds more like a speculator bought out all the recipes below a certain price to drive up prices and sell back a few at a time later, possibly after the MF change.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Amun Ra.6435

Amun Ra.6435

Sounds more like a speculator bought out all the recipes below a certain price to drive up prices and sell back a few at a time later, possibly after the MF change.

This is most likely what happened. Probably expecting make a huge profit like people did with the Sentinel’s items.

I really don’t think there is going to be a huge demand for Celestial items though.

in Black Lion Trading Co

tolunart.2095

This is most likely what happened. Probably expecting make a huge profit like people did with the Sentinel’s items.

I really don’t think there is going to be a huge demand for Celestial items though.

If the equipment pieces you can craft were tradeable there would be, but as long as they are account bound, no.

in Black Lion Trading Co

jazzllanna.1278

Very well could be.. just glad I got mine when the event was up. If the recipes are never available again and someone wants a set they will have to pay whatever price is being asked for the recipes.

There are also many people who did not realize they had to have the recipe for the armor/accessories and the insignia/jewel and they may just now be starting to craft so that could be eating up a few.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: roostapro.9827

roostapro.9827

Well, whoever it was I thank your stupidity as I just made 70+ gold profit in less than 10 minutes and I still have over 100 recipes to sell.

Very risky investment, was worried on how badly it crashed before and after the event ended, didn’t think it will rise above 1g for alot of them :p

Eredon Terrace – Voladeir Roost (Ele)|Roosta (War)|Error Occurred (Gua)|Àneskâ Necrötiâ (Nec)
RoostaGW2

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

I still have a huge stockpile of recipes that I got from the Zephyr Supply Boxes, and I jsut banked them in hopes that prices would rise. Seems like I will need to do some price checking when I log on later.

Server: Devona’s Rest

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Amun Ra.6435

Amun Ra.6435

I still have a huge stockpile of recipes that I got from the Zephyr Supply Boxes, and I jsut banked them in hopes that prices would rise. Seems like I will need to do some price checking when I log on later.

Same, just don’t know who would want these stats. They don’t fit in anywhere other than it looks cool to have a wall of stats lol. Guess i will make some gold when I get home if people are actually paying these prices.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Hell Avenger.7021

Same, just don’t know who would want these stats. They don’t fit in anywhere other than it looks cool to have a wall of stats lol. Guess i will make some gold when I get home if people are actually paying these prices.

sell it to collectors.

in Black Lion Trading Co

tolunart.2095

Casual, solo players. Zerk might be king in groups, but I prefer a variety of stat buffs because when I play solo I want to do decent damage but also need enough defense to keep me alive until the heal skill cooldown ends. Because I’m not competing with several other players to inflict burning, bleeds etc. condition damage buffs are good and a bit of magic find doesn’t hurt either. I have one full set and working on another.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

If it weren’t for the incoming MF changes it would have been a great MF set for farming …

in Black Lion Trading Co

jazzllanna.1278

I have my fingers crossed for a really good change with the mf change

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: lightdruid.7689

lightdruid.7689

There are 2 classes that can make use of celestial stats. outside of those 2, you lose so much dps it’s not worth it.

Celestial weapons though are very interesting.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Luckily I already bought up all the recipes before the Sanctum flew away. If you still have spares in your bank, now would be a good time to sell them, but I wouldn’t bank on them continuing to go up and up. I have a suspicion that when the Sanctum returns, the recipes will become available again.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Soja.5918

Prices have come down a whole lot from the initial panic, but the Exalted Coat recipes are holding steady at around 3g. I was able to get Emblazoned Coat recipes for a comparatively piddly 60s.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

The problem from the beginning was the drop tables themselves

You’d get like 20 insignias usually for every 1 single “Draconic” or “Emblazed” recipe.
ZS coming back later won’t fix that…

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

Well, I managed to offload 3 recipes last night for 5g each. The rest of them were still fairly low value so holding onto them for a bit longer won’t kill me.

Server: Devona’s Rest

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

The reason why they also introduced recipes for each armor piece instead of only introducing recipes for the insignias/inscriptions/jewels is simple.
The main source of getting those recipes was through Zapphire Sanctum Supply boxes.
You could either use 10 fortune scraps to buy one box or crafting materials.
They were used by Anet to drain some of the oversupply of some crafting materials, like t5 silk and leather.
By forcing you to not only obtain the insignia recipe but also a recipe for each armor piece, they tried to to drain more of these materials out of the economy.
Concerning the price spike on the recipes, I might have something to do with it.

After slowly stocking up on various recipes through low buy orders during the event, i thought it was now time to buy out big chunks of the supply of some recipes on the tp, to cause the price spikes that happened in the last couple of days.
This usually results in “average” players to sell the small amount of recipes they still have sitting in their bank, enabling me (and many other speculative power traders) to have access to those recipes on the trading post compared to not being able to access them when they are sitting in someone elses bank.

It also sparks other people with alot of money to invest and buy out those recipes.
This is good for me because the more supply is held by fewer players, the easier it gets to control the price. For example (fictional numbers):

Before the event ended, a few people like me already stocked up huge amounts of those recipes. However, the majority of players still had a couple of recipes in their bank. Lets say 100 people were holding 50% of the in game supply while another 1 million players held the other 50% of the supply.

With the sudden price spikes triggered by me (and others) a majority of the 1 million players will sell their supply because they think they make a decent profit on them right now. This gives the 100 people the chance to get a hold of many more recipes, so in 2 weeks or so, me and the other 99 players will be holding 90% of the supply, more or less being able to control the market.

Continued in next post due to body length.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

The fact that the celestial weapons are account bound and that you cant discover the recipes for each armorpiece/weapon on your own but have to get the recipe from the trading post as well, will in my opinion ensure a continuing demand for them in the future. Many people didnt start crafting their celestial armor yet because of its time gating and the general opinion that celestial builds are only viable for eles and guards.

However, i think that full celestial builds havent been tried out yet on other classes to see how viable they are in the current game meta.

Playing mainly a Warrior, there are 2 main builds available right now that most of the people run: Zerker for PvE and P/V/T for WvW. I disregard sPvP right now because i dont play it much and i am not sure if celestial armor/weapons are available there.

For my first set of ascended trinkets half a year ago, I decided to get the celestial trinkets I knew that that way I wouldnt be able to spike my stats on certain builds but i thought it would save me lots of money and bank space while trying out different builds in the future because i wouldnt have to get new exotic or ascended trinkets for every build i want to try.

Many people laughed at me for my choice but overall, i am quite happy with it.
After Celestial Armor and weapons got introduced, it was clear for me that i will get a full set to try to find a viable celestial warrior build (mainly for wvw).

And with the introduction of the new Rune Set of Perplexity (confusion spam on interrupting foes), i think i found one.
I am not done yet, right now i have 5 ascended celestial trinkets, celestial jewel on my backpiece, 4/6 celestial armor pieces, a crafted celestial hammer (Genesis, the new hammer also has celestial stats, i think) and a celestial mace (Shiverstone, new champ mace). So i still need 2 armor pieces and one weapon to max out in celestial stats.

Even though I am not done yet, tests have been very satisfying so far in wvw.

Well, i dont want to go too much off topic with my build. Just wanted to make my point that i think each class can create a successful celestial build which will be hard to counter in wvw because not many people run it. Once those builds get posted on the forums and people get aware of it, the demand of celestial recipes will rise again.

Plus, every player that just got GW2 recently, will not have those recipes at all.

I hope i could give you a good insight on those recipes. I expect most of the recipes to be around 5-10G in a couple of months.
I havent sold a single recipe yet during the price spike in the last few days, and i dont panic, if prices will drop in the next few days. Like i already explained, if the price drops again, i will be buying.

I roughly calculated last night, how much profit i would make, if i would have sold all my recipes, it would have been between 700-900% of my initial investments.

If you should buy, sell or wait right now, is up to you to decide.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

In another month when ascended armor is released these will be worthless. Anyone buying or selling them is just playing the market imo. The fact that it takes 20 days to craft and will almost certainly be worthless in 20 days makes them pretty unappealing.

in Black Lion Trading Co

jazzllanna.1278

Is ascended armor being released next month? I have not seen that anywhere.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Mesket.5728

Mesket.5728

I stopped playing on March… on March I already waited ascended (and precursors scavenger hunt) for at least 2 months… Why is people still confident that Anet will deliver?

Zerk is the average Joe build. Don’t pat yourself in the back too hard.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Hell Avenger.7021

lol, this reeks of market manipulation. I just checked the listing. It basically listing was like 1 unit, 1unit, 2 unit, THEN BANG the lowest price is 10 unit of the same recipe. LOL, somebody bought all of the recipe at lower price and dumping it back

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

I’m glad I bought every single Celestial recipe a few weeks ago when I spent at most 10s on a few specific recipes and less for most others. I don’t even know if I’ll ever use them (right now I don’t really have any interest in Celestial gear for any of my characters), but I was happier spending 1g to grab all of them and possibly not use them than end up wanting to use them in the future and risk needing to spend a whole lot more in the case of market manipulation like this.

in Black Lion Trading Co

ilr.9675

I bought most of mine @ 20s … & 1 at 1g (the coat). …only a few days ago.
So I dodged the bullet too. I won’t say how I knew time was running out though…

The reason why they also introduced recipes for each armor piece instead of only introducing recipes for the insignias/inscriptions/jewels is simple.
The main source of getting those recipes was through Zapphire Sanctum Supply boxes.
You could either use 10 fortune scraps to buy one box or crafting materials.
They were used by Anet to drain some of the oversupply of some crafting materials, like t5 silk and leather.
By forcing you to not only obtain the insignia recipe but also a recipe for each armor piece, they tried to to drain more of these materials out of the economy.

Understood, but it Failed…. just Spidey those commodities and notice how they barely even took a hit. The reason is b/c most of us gave up after opening our 20th box only to find 1 single Recipe that was worth more than 1.3s. (but required a whole stack of those in some cases to procure). That’s not a good gamble. Infact It’s a Guaranteed massive LOSS until there’s a way to manipulate & price-fix the supply.

Neither one of these approaches is anything Anet should be condoning.
They’re borderline villainous infact.

Now.. if we had just been able to Reroll them in the Mystic Forge, then MAYBE things could have equalized out better. But since we can’t…. it’s a done deal at this point.

(edited by ilr.9675)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: paladinofmm.1546

paladinofmm.1546

Haha… I foreseen that recipes would run out / almost run out of stock in BLTC. I got all of them… but then the armor recipes, especially the torso ones…. are more expensive and harder to get!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

They are going to have ascended celestial armor soon (I’m sure it’ll be one of the options like jewelry). Don’t worry yourselves too much about the exotic versions which you’ll only use until you’re able to get those ascended versions.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

They are going to have ascended celestial armor soon (I’m sure it’ll be one of the options like jewelry). Don’t worry yourselves too much about the exotic versions which you’ll only use until you’re able to get those ascended versions.

The problem with ascended armor is that we only know it will come out this year so it might be in 4 months from now. Apart from that, crafting those will be heavily time gated, so you can safely add a couple of months for its acquisition until you have a full ascended set.

By now, everybody knows what his preferred armor suffix is and you will most likely go for that for your first ascended set. Most of the times it will be zerker for pve and pvt for wvw. So even if you want to try a celestial build, you gonna wait 8 months because you think you will have a full celestial ascended armor by then?

Do/did you bother spending 10-20G on Exotic trinkets for your alts/main even though you knew ascended trinkets are available to you once you got the laurels/relics/commendations in a month or 2?

Yes, you did.

I know plenty of people who got a full magic find set last week to farm the pavillion, even though they knew that mf as a stat will be taken out of gear soon.

Dozens of people in the game still spend 60-80G each day to get a set of Divinity Runes.

People are impatient and will buy best in slot items when they can afford it. Even if better gear is on the horizon.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

I spend like 35 gold and bought some recipe at the start of the event.

And I kick myself when the price drop to like 8 silver for most of the recipe.

I suppose they come backup again. Really mix feeling.

I’m glad it went backup, but kick myself for not buying it when all the recipe flunk to an all time low.

Now the question is guess when the zaiphaline will come back. And try to sell it before it come back.

(edited by laokoko.7403)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Magnus Steelgrave.6580

Magnus Steelgrave.6580

Kinda makes me chuckle since ascended armor will come out and make the exotic recipes kinda pointless for most people.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

Kinda makes me chuckle since ascended armor will come out and make the exotic recipes kinda pointless for most people.

Posts like yours make me chuckle because you clearly havent read this thread.
Do you expect a full set of ascended armor in your mail, once they are released?
It will be time gated and people will still use exotic armor. How do you explain that the market for exotic trinkets hasnt imploded yet even though ascended trinkets are available for half a year now?

in Black Lion Trading Co

tolunart.2095

Ascended trinkets are pointless for most people. They were added for the benefit of a specific minority, most of whom insist they are the majority. Comprehension and logical thought is not common among them.

Most players will choose to buy exotic armor from the TP instead of spending the next three months converting mats and crafting a suit of armor one piece at a time.

Goal-oriented players will spend a month looking for ways to rush the process, then complain there’s nothing to do.

in Black Lion Trading Co

jazzllanna.1278

I agree tolunart. Just look at how long it takes to get accessories. I think the thing that will affect this the most is the change to magic find. If people really like it and did not have these before they may want to get them. If it is bad then they may not sell as well. What makes it interesting is the fact that they are account bound so if you want it you have to make it. There have also been posts that for a few classes celestial armor with berserker accessories is better over all- so it is not a bad set.

in Black Lion Trading Co

tolunart.2095

I agree tolunart. Just look at how long it takes to get accessories. I think the thing that will affect this the most is the change to magic find. If people really like it and did not have these before they may want to get them. If it is bad then they may not sell as well. What makes it interesting is the fact that they are account bound so if you want it you have to make it. There have also been posts that for a few classes celestial armor with berserker accessories is better over all- so it is not a bad set.

I actually like the celestial armor – I have an 80 level Engineer in Celestial with Traveler’s runes, a good mix of offense and defense stats + a base 87% MF. I’m working on a second set of celestial and have enough quartz for a third.

But I’m not the typical forum member, I’m patient and like to play solo when I’m lending my wife a hand. I think a lot of casual players will want Celestial stats – I have outfitted several lower level alts with Divinity runes although the Superior set is a bit pricey for me – and many will work towards them at their own pace.

But Ascended armor, which requires a LOT of high level mats, both to bring your skill to 500 and to transmute into T7 mats, might be out of reach for many. So I don’t think that will make as much of an impact. Casual players generally don’t care about BiS equipment, anyway – my wife doesn’t even know that Ascended trinkets exist, and would not be motivated to grind dailies to get them if she did.

in Black Lion Trading Co

ilr.9675

Posts like yours make me chuckle because you clearly havent read this thread.
Do you expect a full set of ascended armor in your mail, once they are released?
It will be time gated and people will still use exotic armor. How do you explain that the market for exotic trinkets hasnt imploded yet even though ascended trinkets are available for half a year now?

+1
And to say it will be “Timegated” is probably an understatement considering just how badly Timegated the Exotic Celestial already is… 30-40 laurels for the current Ascended items?? (& a small discount when you buy them in WvW). 50 Ectos for an Earring? … I think I’ll be plenty happy with 1 single set of Exotic. Given the track record right now, it would take MORE than a year to acquire the full “Ascended” upgrade which is …. quite frankly … more stats than I could ever use anyway

You’d have to be a truly …. BAD … unskilled player, for difference in Ascended Stats, especially all-Celestial stats to ever be the Difference maker for whether you completed a Dungeon or some other elite content. ….And no I’m not counting FOTM in that since FOTM was the worst most least original and unnecessary idea Arenanet’s ever had in the 13 years the studio’s been in existence. Infact it’s not even an idea, it was literally just copying every proprietary Gear-Treadmill from every other elitist Grind MMO in history and the only idea part they had a hand in was Segregating the need for that gear to just that little instanced portion of the game.

,,,So long as they make DA** SURE that when they eventually get around to releasing the next incarnations of Fissure, and the Deep, and Underworld… that there is none of this proprietary Agony gear required, I don’t think there will be a problem and there definitely won’t be any good argument for wasting the resources on Ascended Celestial versus plain old Exotic Celestial… (By then my guardian will have the full Exotic set so I’ll be the first to make lots of posts about it if there IS a problem and the exotic stats aren’t high enough)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: DarkSpirit.7046

DarkSpirit.7046

It is still much better than the Sentinel’s where there is no recipe in the first place. So you can’t craft the insignia and they don’t even drop anymore! That is just ridiculous.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

The problem with ascended armor is that we only know it will come out this year so it might be in 4 months from now. Apart from that, crafting those will be heavily time gated, so you can safely add a couple of months for its acquisition until you have a full ascended set.

By now, everybody knows what his preferred armor suffix is and you will most likely go for that for your first ascended set. Most of the times it will be zerker for pve and pvt for wvw. So even if you want to try a celestial build, you gonna wait 8 months because you think you will have a full celestial ascended armor by then?

Do/did you bother spending 10-20G on Exotic trinkets for your alts/main even though you knew ascended trinkets are available to you once you got the laurels/relics/commendations in a month or 2?

Yes, you did.

I know plenty of people who got a full magic find set last week to farm the pavillion, even though they knew that mf as a stat will be taken out of gear soon.

Dozens of people in the game still spend 60-80G each day to get a set of Divinity Runes.

People are impatient and will buy best in slot items when they can afford it. Even if better gear is on the horizon.

When I got exotic jewelry I had no idea ascended would even exist tbh. There is also major difference between different gear stats and the quality of the gear.

Did I buy exotic jewelry for my alts? Nope. I got them rares if I needed to then upgraded to ascended.

As far as celestial goes, I would use the next best thing if the thing I want is very expensive and the other does the job just as well in another build… and then use that build until the better stuffs come along and switch over.

Idk why you would bother with a MF set when you can make more from gambits or just boxes from ember farming Vs the CP trash.

Divinity runes… not the same thing. There is no known upgrade coming above those runes.

If you really really want it now, and you didn’t think to buy them when they were less expensive, then you can pay a premium like everything else in this game. I see nothing wrong with that.

But I still see that being short lived until the ascended stuffs come out.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

(edited by Aberrant.6749)