Copper-fed Salvage-o-matic

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Kaderin.7584

Kaderin.7584

I returned to gw2 quite recently and missed the release of this item, I know there have been changes to it throughout the last months and wanted to ask if currently there are any benefits to it other than ‘save inventory space’?

As I understand it is equivalent to the basic salvage kit, but between that and the crude there isnt much of a diference if one just wants to salvage blues and greens for essence?

Thanks.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

For a farmer like me, it is very, very valuable and convenient.

I hate having to move through my bags every time the 25 kit one gets used up. And as you mentioned, it saves space.

If you also plan on going for max MF through glob salvaging, it is highly recommended. Then again, if you are glob salvaging, you have enough gold to not care about the kit cost.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

I regret not buying it.

In terms of convenience, I’m sure (now, anyway) that it more than pays for itself. The main reason I resisted buying it was that it talks, and that seemed like it would require me to mute the game after 3-4 uses.

Server: Devona’s Rest

in Black Lion Trading Co

Kaderin.7584

I hate having to move through my bags every time the 25 kit one gets used up. And as you mentioned, it saves space.

If you also plan on going for max MF through glob salvaging, it is highly recommended. Then again, if you are glob salvaging, you have enough gold to not care about the kit cost.

Thanks for the quick answer but how does it relate to glob salvage, as that uses the mystic one no?

I regret not buying it.

In terms of convenience, I’m sure (now, anyway) that it more than pays for itself. The main reason I resisted buying it was that it talks, and that seemed like it would require me to mute the game after 3-4 uses.

You always have time to reconsider, its up again today

in Black Lion Trading Co

mtpelion.4562

Thanks for the quick answer but how does it relate to glob salvage, as that uses the mystic one no?

You’re going to want to use a Master or better on rare/exotic items to get the glob of ectoplasm, but if you want to salvage the glob of ectoplasm for luck, you can use a low tier kit.

Thanks for the head’s up, I haven’t checked out today’s item so I’ll definitely get online tonight to pick it up!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Vol.7601

I regret not buying it.

When salvaging globs, there kit rarity does not matter in terms of luck. You get the same %

Kit rarity matters when you want more dusts, which help you recoup the costs of salvaging.

But for me, convenience is more important than minor cost savings, especially with carpal tunnel as a health risk.

Salvage research here:
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Glob_of_Ectoplasm/salvage_research

All in all – if you are not a farmer, then I do not recommend having a kit.

But if I get my gold making guide out next week, you may very well want to be a farmer.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Kaderin.7584

Again, thank you both for answering, wish you both happy farming :p

@Vol – can’t wait to see your guide, where will you post it?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Vol.7601

I first tried to put it on tumblr, but I fail at making websites and its so confusing.

I also considered putting it on the forums, but it’s not the best place to put a guide.

I mailed Dulfy last night to ask her if she is willing to host it, still waiting.

It’s pretty comprehensive, because not only is it important to farm the best place, but HOW to farm smart.

A lot of players think guardians staff spamming all day is the best, but there are other little tricks, tips and patterns that can be taken advantage of.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: DarkSpirit.7046

DarkSpirit.7046

I returned to gw2 quite recently and missed the release of this item, I know there have been changes to it throughout the last months and wanted to ask if currently there are any benefits to it other than ‘save inventory space’?

As I understand it is equivalent to the basic salvage kit, but between that and the crude there isnt much of a diference if one just wants to salvage blues and greens for essence?

Thanks.

The copper-fed salvage-o-matic is on sale now.

I use it to find salvage opportunities in the TP using my app. As a side benefit to also earning a profit, you get luck and entropy achievements.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lazaar.9123

Lazaar.9123

The copper-fed salvage-o-matic has always been in the gem store, the sale right now is just a discount.

in Black Lion Trading Co

mtpelion.4562

The copper-fed salvage-o-matic has always been in the gem store, the sale right now is just a discount.

Really? Shows how often I check out the store I guess

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Schizo.1375

Schizo.1375

I first tried to put it on tumblr, but I fail at making websites and its so confusing.

I also considered putting it on the forums, but it’s not the best place to put a guide.

I mailed Dulfy last night to ask her if she is willing to host it, still waiting.

It’s pretty comprehensive, because not only is it important to farm the best place, but HOW to farm smart.

A lot of players think guardians staff spamming all day is the best, but there are other little tricks, tips and patterns that can be taken advantage of.

Might I recommend wordpress?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

I use mine all the time in WvW because I get quite a bit of loot, and my bags fill up pretty fast. Great for salvaging greens and blues when you have no room. Don’t regret buying it for a second.

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Pie Flavor.1647

Pie Flavor.1647

the copper fed salvage-o-matic is a permanent store item

And I am become kitten, the destroyer of kittens

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: WhiteAxolotl.7562

WhiteAxolotl.7562

Thanks.

It’s mainly convenience related, most people are unlikely to ever get their money out of it, thought you could say time=money.

Since you save 0.52c per salvage:
800 Gems -> Gold
Gold / 0.52 * 10000 = Salvages to break even

Let’s say 800 Gems = 50g:
50 / 0.52 * 10000 = 961539 Salvages

Goodluck

No it hasn’t.

(edited by WhiteAxolotl.7562)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

No it hasn’t.

Well, it is in the gem store now, after the sale, for 800 gems. And it has been before the sale as well..

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.