Dropping a few dollars in the Gem Store

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: arrownin.3128

arrownin.3128

Hey guys, just seeing what you guys think is good in the gem store. I got a decent job recently and wanted to give Guild Wars 2 some cash for being an enjoyable experience for me for a year. So what do you think? Gold/Armor/Weapons/Buffs/Expansions, which is the coolest thing in your opinion?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I’d go for Account expansions (Bank/Collectible/Bag slots), then armor skins, then weapon skins, in that order. Bear in mind that weapon skins will require gambling on keys to get them; it’s safer to simply sell the gems for gold and buy the skins off the TP.

Miniatures and costumes are also fun if you’re into those sorts of things.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: arrownin.3128

arrownin.3128

I’d go for Account expansions (Bank/Collectible/Bag slots), then armor skins, then weapon skins, in that order. Bear in mind that weapon skins will require gambling on keys to get them; it’s safer to simply sell the gems for gold and buy the skins off the TP.

Miniatures and costumes are also fun if you’re into those sorts of things.

I’ve always wanted to get a character expansion, also do the bag slots only count per character, or is it account wide if I unlock more slots in a bag?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

My go-to purchase that I always have gems set aside for is an additional character slot. Extra character slots are good even if you do not plan to use it to make a character you’ll actually play. It is cheaper to outfit the character as a mule with 15 or 18 slot bags and you get more storage slots than a bank expansion would get you for the cost. It’s great for storing all those items on that you do not have a frequent use for as well using it as a makeshift skin locker to store old skins for future use. You can also use an extra character slot to make a perpetual new character for doing black lion key runs on (takes about 28 minutes avg) if you do not agree with paying actual money for keys from the gem store due to the gambling aspect of the chests.

Also, every day this month there is a new item going on sale in the gem store. Perhaps wait to make your purchase until the thing you decide on goes on sale to save a few gems, which you can turn around and use to get something else of interest.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

(edited by StinVec.3621)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

Bag slot expansions are per character. Only the bank expansions and collectible storage expansions are account wide unlocks.

Also, if you happen to be nearing the limit of your bank/bag expansions or not sure if you already are at the limit, if you go to purchase the bag or bank expansion do it from outside of the gem store; bag expansion via your inventory and bank via the drop down below your bank storage area. If you purchase a bag or bank expansion via the gem store and you happen to already be at your max, then you will still purchase the expansion even though you cannot use it. In that case you would have to try to go through support to get gems refunded. Why it doesn’t check whether or not you can actually use the expansion before selling it to you like when you purchase it via the bank/inventory buy button is beyond me, especially when the collectible expansion via gem store will not sell you more than 3 and even says how many more you can purchase of it. It’s quite silly that it has not been addressed yet.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

(edited by StinVec.3621)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Psychol.5783

Psychol.5783

Buy collectors edition expansion when it’ll be on sale and character slots, I think these are the best of the best because with 18-slot bags you’ll have A LOT of space to spare and more characters for birthday presents. With collectors edition you’ll receive cool armor and useful 2-week bank slot created with every character.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

It will be a lot more efficient converting those gems to gold and buying 20 slots, I think.

Or do what I do – settle with 15 slot bags and run fractals to get your 20 slot boxes.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: DarkSpirit.7046

DarkSpirit.7046

It will be a lot more efficient converting those gems to gold and buying 20 slots, I think.

And that is my pet peeve on the gem store. I really don’t know what is worth buying in there besides converting the gems to gold, which is not really buying anything in the gem store.

Occasionally, I do buy Black Lion salvage kit because I can still earn gold from salvaging cheap exotics using them. But that is about it.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

And that is my pet peeve on the gem store. I really don’t know what is worth buying in there besides converting the gems to gold, which is not really buying anything in the gem store.

Occasionally, I do buy Black Lion salvage kit because I can still earn gold from salvaging cheap exotics using them. But that is about it.

For me personally:
-Copper Salvage kit (mandatory for farmers)
-Terrace Pass (when it comes back)
-Extra bag slots