Ectosalvage broken again

Ectosalvage broken again

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: EthanLightheart.9168

EthanLightheart.9168

I received 2 ectos out of 15 rares. Anyone else receiving that O-o lately`?

Ectosalvage broken again

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ExTribble.7108

ExTribble.7108

Nope. It’s this magical thing called bad luck. I’ve done 67 salvages since the last patch with a ~0.82 ecto/salv rate atm. That’s well within the deviation I’ve found in previous sample sizes of 50ish (accepted rate is 0.9) at around plus or minus 0.2 from the 0.9 salv rate.

“Any lump can hack bad guys to death, but it takes skill
and style to turn them into craters and dust.” -Tonn
Number-crunching for ecto salvages – periodically updated

Ectosalvage broken again

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: John Smith.4610

John Smith.4610

The ecto rate is fine.

Ectosalvage broken again

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: kokocabana.8153

kokocabana.8153

I’m assuming you are using master kits or higher to salvage? I haven’t seen any difference in ectos.

Ectosalvage broken again

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: colesy.8490

colesy.8490

No. The ecto salvage rate is fine.

Sanctum of Rall (NA) – [LOD] – PvE/Dungeon Phantasm Mesmer build
Morrï (Mesmer) | Serah Mahariel (Guardian) | Morrï Mahariel (Warrior)
“colesy’s on rampage today. Slaying casuals left, right and centre” – spoj

Ectosalvage broken again

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

I love it when John shuts down silly assumptions.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Ectosalvage broken again

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Bobler.2074

Bobler.2074

1500 rares .8 still reasonable rate also they wont say theres something wrong with it unless its a massive bug and extremely noticeable

Ectosalvage broken again

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Uther Deathhand.1570

Uther Deathhand.1570

Me too i kind of feel bad for the guy, i mean these threads come up a couple times a week….. of course after the last time there really was a problem, i guess everyone is just trying to help.

Work for a cause, not for applause.
Live life to express, not to impress.
Don’t strive to make your presence noticed, just make your absence felt. ~ unknown

Ectosalvage broken again

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Kraggy.4169

Kraggy.4169

Yeah, just like the many times he did it until eventually he had to admit there WAS a bug.

These days I’d have thought a bit of humility would be advised.

Ectosalvage broken again

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ursan.7846

Ursan.7846

Yeah, just like the many times he did it until eventually he had to admit there WAS a bug.

These days I’d have thought a bit of humility would be advised.

Do you remember the thread it happened in? The thread where players posted results that numbered in the thousands?

Until a sufficient amount of data has been presented, claims like this will be continued to be dismissed.

Ectosalvage broken again

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Wolfield.9812

Wolfield.9812

62 Rares. 6 Ectos. Black Lion Kits.

I would say it just happens sometimes, but this was just abit annoying. Did get Abyss dye 2 days ago though, so it all goes in circles.

Ectosalvage broken again

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Magnus Steelgrave.6580

Magnus Steelgrave.6580

Me too i kind of feel bad for the guy, i mean these threads come up a couple times a week….. of course after the last time there really was a problem, i guess everyone is just trying to help.

Yeah that’s true, people are trying to help I just wish more people would realize that it’s not a stiff rate… unless they’re salvaging several hundreds of rares it’s not an actual legitimate (i use that word loosely) sample size.

Ectosalvage broken again

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ExTribble.7108

ExTribble.7108

I’m only about 450 salvages into my goal of tracking 1000 consecutive ones, and the argument that you need huge sample sizes is showing to be a bit wrong. Granted, 20 samples is a joke. Once you break 100 consecutive salvages, the deviation from the accepted rate is very small (so far) in my tracking and at 200 is practically nonexistent. You don’t need many hundreds or thousands to prove whether or not the rate is broken, but close to 100 is advisable.

@Kraggy: I’d bet good money that after the last (and only) fiasco with salvage rates they’ve set up a system where they can quickly check the rates. They’ve probably also decoupled the rates (as much as possible) from other lines of code that interacted with them to avoid this. Realize that in the one and only broken salvage rate bug, Smith didn’t say that they were fine, but went right away and checked it. It’s not as if they’d been broken for weeks and he was ignoring it. Screwups like that one bring bad publicity and an angry player base. They don’t give players a motivation to buy gems to support the game they’re playing.

“Any lump can hack bad guys to death, but it takes skill
and style to turn them into craters and dust.” -Tonn
Number-crunching for ecto salvages – periodically updated

Ectosalvage broken again

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Bobler.2074

Bobler.2074

I’m only about 450 salvages into my goal of tracking 1000 consecutive ones, and the argument that you need huge sample sizes is showing to be a bit wrong. Granted, 20 samples is a joke. Once you break 100 consecutive salvages, the deviation from the accepted rate is very small (so far) in my tracking and at 200 is practically nonexistent. You don’t need many hundreds or thousands to prove whether or not the rate is broken, but close to 100 is advisable.

@Kraggy: I’d bet good money that after the last (and only) fiasco with salvage rates they’ve set up a system where they can quickly check the rates. They’ve probably also decoupled the rates (as much as possible) from other lines of code that interacted with them to avoid this. Realize that in the one and only broken salvage rate bug, Smith didn’t say that they were fine, but went right away and checked it. It’s not as if they’d been broken for weeks and he was ignoring it. Screwups like that one bring bad publicity and an angry player base. They don’t give players a motivation to buy gems to support the game they’re playing.

with this logic me getting 40 ectos from 100 rares would mean something is wrong. It takes a bit more to average out after about 500 i still get close to .9
pretty sure they nerfed the rate which u get 1 ecto and increased the rate that you get multiple ectos

(edited by Bobler.2074)

Ectosalvage broken again

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Well after the patch Wednesday I cracked 91 rares and only got 65 ectos which was low enough to be troublesome but unlike the time it broke I did get 2s and 3s. It’s just I got a surprisingly lot of 0s. I didn’t mention it because it could have simply been a run of bad luck runs, since I can only crack 15-20 rares at a time due to inventory space (thanks for all the PvP gear I don’t know what to do with ANet). I’ve hadn’t had a chance to do another salvage run since then.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Ectosalvage broken again

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

21 Rares today … 18 Ectos came out :p ….nothing’s changed AFAIK

The ecto rate is fine.

Streak Breaker code however (which would stop threads like these)…. only exists when you’re having TOO MUCH good luck…
Ain’t that right?

(edited by ilr.9675)