Endless quaggan market

Endless quaggan market

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: cassius.5809

cassius.5809

Can anybody discern what’s happening in this market? It’ was never going to be bomb proof since you can resell after use, but, it has the activity of either:

Too many speculators now dumping that they’ve seen the piece hasn’t risen after they’ve stopped dropping

Or

They’re still dropping so everybodies dumping.

Either way the price has continued to drop after end of LS.

TP graph is like a ride at bush gardens.

http://www.gw2tp.com/item/50040-endless-mystery-quaggan-tonic

Endless quaggan market

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

If you buy the 4 specific endless quaggan tonics, you pay 4g instead of 12g for the mystery quaggan tonic. Granted, the mystery tonic saves you 3 inventory slots but if you want only 1 specific transformation, you are better off buying a specific one.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Endless quaggan market

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ExTribble.7108

ExTribble.7108

Lots invested into it late, and lots are panicking that it isn’t rising in price, so they’re thinking “I’ll cut my losses and sell it now”. Or they bought it early and are selling now since it’s on a down-trend so they don’t lose any additional profit. In short, it’s panic/fear.

What people fail to realize is that luxury items like this aren’t really that profitable in the short run when the average idiot like me tries to flip them. You need to really understand market trends well to do so, and most people don’t. If you want big bucks, you need to hope they never re-release it and wait a few years, and even then it might have been more profitable to invest in mass-produced mats that might spike in price due to incoming updates.

But hey, as long as people don’t notice that LS items become cheaper after the segment ends (due to the aforementioned panic-dumping), I’ll happily buy up my luxury items I want to use/keep for little coin ^.^

“Any lump can hack bad guys to death, but it takes skill
and style to turn them into craters and dust.” -Tonn
Number-crunching for ecto salvages – periodically updated

Endless quaggan market

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

You’re not going to see any significant movement for these tonics. You’d have to have one person or a group of people buying up all the supply in the game (TP and inventory). And that is a huge risk that requires a lot of capital. No one will do that since there are other, safer alternatives.

If price gets to a high amount suddenly, like a noob speculator buying all the tonics pushing the price to 100g, everyone is going to dump theirs since it is not bound.

Endless quaggan market

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: cassius.5809

cassius.5809

Thanks for clarifying. cough somebody buy all the tonics cough

Endless quaggan market

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: jazzllanna.1278

jazzllanna.1278

Those orders were filled so fast when they were at 4-5 gold. I am sure there are tons out there.

Endless quaggan market

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: kitsuneshoujo.5734

kitsuneshoujo.5734

This reads like a Wallstreet article lol.

I have looked on the TP for quaggan tonics before, and on TC they are not selling for very much.

Endless quaggan market

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

I have looked on the TP for quaggan tonics before, and on TC they are not selling for very much.

Another one, who doesnt know that the TP is global.

Endless quaggan market

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Xiahou Mao.9701

Xiahou Mao.9701

If you buy the 4 specific endless quaggan tonics, you pay 4g instead of 12g for the mystery quaggan tonic. Granted, the mystery tonic saves you 3 inventory slots but if you want only 1 specific transformation, you are better off buying a specific one.

Just a note for this, there is a bonus fifth Quaggan form available only by the Mystery Quaggan Tonic. It can transform you into Kookoochoo the Incredulous, the performing Quaggan from the Bazaar of the Four Winds. Kookoochoo even has an extra costume brawl skill, fire breath that hits four times.

Endless quaggan market

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Nova.8021

Nova.8021

Just my two cents, but I wouldn’t go near the quaggan market for a very long time. There was way more taken by investors than the consumers can actually use or want to use. That much I can guarantee.

Endless quaggan market

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: kitsuneshoujo.5734

kitsuneshoujo.5734

Snobby much? Did you have a monocle on and turn up your nose while sipping tea?

Endless quaggan market

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

You´re welcome.

Endless quaggan market

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

I’m pretty sure he controls the monocle market so… he was probably wearing 2 while drinking his stack of 50k tea.

Endless quaggan market

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

I’m pretty sure he controls the monocle market so… he was probably wearing 2 while drinking his stack of 50k tea.

I dont have a single monocle and merely stated the obvious.

Endless quaggan market

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

To be fair, that WAS a bit condescending of you, Wanze. You’re emulating JS too much.

@kitsune: The Trading Post is shared globally across the US and EU servers. All items sold or bought by players in those regions are available to anyone else in the same regions; it is not server-specific, as you might find in other MMOs.

That said, the upcoming Chinese GW2 will have its own separate Trading Post region. We will not be able to trade with Chinese players and vice versa.

Endless quaggan market

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

To be fair, that WAS a bit condescending of you, Wanze. You’re emulating JS too much.

You might be right but considering Kitsunes inflammatory reply, calling people snobby, who drink tea and wear a monocle, i have no regrets, whatsoever.

This topic will probably be closed anyways soon, as the OP´s inquiry has been clarified.

Endless quaggan market

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lightyears.8624

Lightyears.8624

Completely incorrect.

It takes ten of each colored tonic to make a mystery tonic. You would be paying 40g for an item that sells for 14g if you did it this way.

The market isn’t just up/down, it’s completely out of whack. Something that is worth 40x more than the other items (in composition cost) is selling for 30% of the overall total. A loss of 70% is huge even if it’s only 26g.

Endless quaggan market

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: PseudoNewb.5468

PseudoNewb.5468

You just don’t realize that the mystery tonic has 5 transformations. Or maybe you just can’t believe it. It is too amazing for you.

Endless quaggan market

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

Completely incorrect.

It takes ten of each colored tonic to make a mystery tonic. You would be paying 40g for an item that sells for 14g if you did it this way.

The market isn’t just up/down, it’s completely out of whack. Something that is worth 40x more than the other items (in composition cost) is selling for 30% of the overall total. A loss of 70% is huge even if it’s only 26g.

Read my post again, i never mentioned to forge the 4 individual ones into a mystery tonic. The fact that 10 of each would cost you 40g and the mystery tonic goes for 14g, is not an indicator that the mystery tonic is cheap but the individual ones are overpriced.
You want to transform in Kookoochoo, go ahead and spend 14g on it, if you want to transform in any other quaggan, buy the individual ones and 10g. If you are concerned with storage space, you can get 50 slots of guild bank space for far less than 10g.

I sold all my tonics long ago because they lost value since their introduction and will continue to do so.

Endless quaggan market

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

You just don’t realize that the mystery tonic has 5 transformations. Or maybe you just can’t believe it. It is too amazing for you.

I just cant believe that someone would pay 14g for a costume brawl skill/transformation that originates from an item that will never be bound and probably has a supply greater than the interested player base.