Exquisite Opal Jewel buy out?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

Someone bought around 400 of these but I can’t think for the life of me why. Cheaper crit damage? Everything I seen on zerk vs assassin points to it being still a slight advantage to zerker for most of the optimal dps dungeon builds. I suppose if you really want the cheaper crit damage it is a good choice I guess.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ForGreatJustice.3452

ForGreatJustice.3452

Or they may be speculating on future jewelcrafting leveling to 500.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

^ Probably that. Since jewelry does not have an inscription or insignia, the logical conclusion is that jewels will be the component piece for crafting Ascended jewelry.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

orbs other than ruby are very cheap….. if anyone were smart enough, they would hoard those orbs rather than the exquisite jewels…..

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

orbs other than ruby are very cheap….. if anyone were smart enough, they would hoard those orbs rather than the exquisite jewels…..

Way ahead of ya

http://imgur.com/a/Bk3UN

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

in Black Lion Trading Co

Vol.5241

Someone bought around 400 of these but I can’t think for the life of me why. Cheaper crit damage? Everything I seen on zerk vs assassin points to it being still a slight advantage to zerker for most of the optimal dps dungeon builds. I suppose if you really want the cheaper crit damage it is a good choice I guess.

BTW I don’t think this is because of people speculating on ascended armor or legendary trinkets.

It’s because opals right now are bugged and they are going to be fixed. Right now there are two stats but I think it will be fixed to show assassin.

The rise in opal is somewhat related to the decline in ruby. Zerk vs Assasin.

[Permabanned on Forums]

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Onkelbubu.3108

Onkelbubu.3108

Ascended trinkets are already easy to get through many ways in the game. They wont ever be able to be crafted^^. Do speculators even got a brain?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Vol.5241

Ascended trinkets are already easy to get through many ways in the game. They wont ever be able to be crafted^^. Do speculators even got a brain?

We already know legendary trinkets are coming out this year with visual graphics.

So yes, I do have a brain. Do you have eyes/ears?

[Permabanned on Forums]

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Onkelbubu.3108

Onkelbubu.3108

Yeah every human being, having eyes/ears must have seen those videos. So you’re right with that.
Big mistake arenanet.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

I’m confused, aren’t ALL OPAL based items currently missing their 3rd stat?

…plus it might be a really cheap way to get Dark Matter… (just sayin…)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

I’m confused, aren’t ALL OPAL based items currently missing their 3rd stat?

…plus it might be a really cheap way to get Dark Matter… (just sayin…)

Only missing in the tooltip. They still give the correct +power when applied.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

Vol… please stop sharing our secrets. Your good hearted responses sometimes contains privileged information.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Buttercup.5871

Buttercup.5871

We already know legendary trinkets are coming out this year with visual graphics.

Vol, thanks for this link, that’s a great interview.
I focused on what Colin said on this point. The interviewer, Matt, rightly referred to Anet’s quote on the coming of new types of “legendary gear”. Matt then speculated it would be legendary trinkets. Colin then said it would be one type of new legendary item that would be introduced this year, so as to not make it too difficult on the players to catch up with the new gear. Now comes the important part: Colin said it could be something like amulets, rings, acessories or backpacks.

The interesting about this is: backpacks had not been mentioned by the interviewer. Yet Colin mentioned backpacks. Not quite sure what would be needed to craft backpacks, since we can’t craft those yet. But it might not involve a single opal or jewel. While it is very likely that it would be covered by the jeweler craft, given that the backpack is right next to the trinkets on your screen, it could also be covered by every single craft in the game. Cool flying dragon backpack by armorsmithing, cool rainbow phoenix by weaponsmithing, etcetera. That approach would really make sense, in my view, as it further encourages players to the many crafts this game has to offer.

To sum up, we just don’t know whether a legendary trinket (amulet/accessory/ring) will be introduced; it might just as well be a backpack – for which the crafting mats are a completely unknown. To speculate this hard that a new legendary trinket is coming is taking quite a chance, in my view.

(edited by Buttercup.5871)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Vol.5241

Vol, thanks for this link, that’s a great interview.
I focused on what Colin said on this point. The interviewer, Matt, rightly referred to Anet’s quote on the coming of new types of “legendary gear”. Matt then speculated it would be legendary trinkets. Colin then said it would be one type of new legendary item that would be introduced this year, so as to not make it too difficult on the players to catch up with the new gear. Now comes the important part: Colin said it could be something like amulets, rings, acessories or backpacks.

The interesting about this is: backpacks had not been mentioned by the interviewer. Yet Colin mentioned backpacks. Not quite sure what would be needed to craft backpacks, since we can’t craft those yet. But it might not involve a single opal or jewel. While it is very likely that it would be covered by the jeweler craft, given that the backpack is right next to the trinkets on your screen, it could also be covered by every single craft in the game. Cool flying dragon backpack by armorsmithing, cool rainbow phoenix by weaponsmithing, etcetera. That approach would really make sense, in my view, as it further encourages players to the many crafts this game has to offer.

To sum up, we just don’t know whether a legendary trinket (amulet/accessory/ring) will be introduced; it might just as well be a backpack – for which the crafting mats are a completely unknown. To speculate this hard that a new legendary trinket is coming is taking quite a chance, in my view.

That’s the fun of investing. It’s about managing risk.The great thing here is that we 100% know:
-that it is confirmed to be one of those 4, and 3/4 are accessories so there is a good chance that it will be an accessory.
-it is coming before the end of the year
-Accessories are made by jewelers, which rely on crystals/orbs

From that, I speculate that crystals/orbs could be a key source, considering they are t5/t6 mats. And mirroring legendary weapons, you need a lot of all T6.

And the best thing yet is that investing in crystals/orbs is very, very low risk. Many are near vendor price. So if it doesn’t pan out, I can sell directly to the vendor.

The only loss is opportunity cost.

[Permabanned on Forums]

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Sir Erighan.9260

Sir Erighan.9260

I also believe it will be backpacks because there are more crafting limitations on them compared to trinkets. Also, they already have them in the game at ascended level AND they already provide visual effects. Makes perfect sense to make legendary versions.

Question is, what profession(s) will craft them and what materials would be used.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: jazzllanna.1278

jazzllanna.1278

Not so sure it will be orbs.. but it is interesting watching the price rise now. Wonder how high they will get.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Vol.5241

With great power comes great responsibility

[Permabanned on Forums]

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Dyno.9467

Dyno.9467

With great power comes great responsibility

Well put, Spidey agrees

“And now, to destroy you”

Asura – Desolation

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

I don’t know if very many people will bother crafting ascended jewelery since you can already get ascended trinkets with laurels, commendations, fractal relics. Price of orbs might not increase as much as you might think unless the add craftable back pieces. Has legendary trinkets been confirmed?

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

(edited by Julie Yann.5379)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

I don’t know if very many people will bother crafting ascended jewelery since you can already get ascended trinkets with laurels, commendations, fractal relics. Price of orbs might not increase as much as you might think unless the add craftable back pieces. Has legendary trinkets been confirmed?

Colin says it in the youtube linked in this thread. I think ascended trinkets would be popular for people with alot of alts and people that like alot different types of builds. When I want to try a new build I buy exotics I don’t buy rares. If ascended jewelry was available for gold I would buy those instead of exotics.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Aycee.9162

Aycee.9162

I swear Vol is a genius lol, Orbs are already starting to go up. Share your investing secrets with me!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

Actually, it’s not necessarily the ascended aspect of crafting, but the legendary aspect that’s causing this speculation.

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee