Gathering Tools: How to get my Gems.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: rodadams.5963

rodadams.5963

I have eight characters, one of each class, and I play all of them regularly. The concept of a “main character” eludes me.

I view infinite gathering tools as a convienance item, with the main appeal of not having to keep spare tools and kits on hand. I could justify getting them if it were an account wide unlock, but not when it’s per character.

I see the move to making them account bound a step in the right direction… but only a minor one. I’d still have to shell out 8 * 4 * 800 == 25,600 gems ($320USD) at old prices to equip all my characters with pick, axe, sickle, and salvage kit… 32,000 gems ($400USD) with the newer prices. Such a price for convienence in a $60 game is ludicrous to me.

Alternatively, here’s something I’d buy within 24 hours of release:

Rejuvenating Mining Pick:
- 800 gems
- No special animations
- Can mine any ore.
- Available from vendor in LA to any character on account, like HoM portal stone.
- Charge 4c/use, same cost as Ori Tools.

Same for Axe and Sickles of the same type.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

I don’t understand what you’re trying to get at.

Why would you still want to buy multiple tools? That defeats the purpose of account bound.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: isendel.5049

isendel.5049

The fact is that if you buy 1 tool only, every time you switch character you’ll have to go to a bank, drop your tool, log in the next character, go to the bank, withdraw the tool and repeat for each character. Not much of a convenience item..

I think that this was his point..

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

The fact is that if you buy 1 tool only, every time you switch character you’ll have to go to a bank, drop your tool, log in the next character, go to the bank, withdraw the tool and repeat for each character. Not much of a convenience item..

I think that this was his point..

But wouldn’t you have done the same thing with soulbound tools? You would have bought spares anyway. Unless you like to kill off alts frequently..

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: isendel.5049

isendel.5049

Yep, basically it’s the same but tools will just cost more

(I don’t see people switching often tools from characters, you loose the convenience in that..)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: rodadams.5963

rodadams.5963

My point is that neither the old nor new form appeal to me at all.
I was instead explaining what would make me spend gems on something in the theme.