Gem Store Item: Trait Reset

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Geotherma.2395

Geotherma.2395

Any thoughts on an item that would reset your traits so you could change perhaps during a dungeon or something? It would be a little more expensive of course, but as the devs said the store is for “convenience”. What do you think?

Intel i7 3.9ghz processor 16GB Ram 2TB HDD
Nvidia GTX 650 Win 7 64bit FFXI 4+yrs/Aion 4+ years Complete Noob~ Veteran OIF/OEF
http://everyonesgrudge.enjin.com/home MY GW2 Music http://tinyurl.com/cm4o6tu

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Syeria.4812

Syeria.4812

Sounds like a good idea to me. If Anet isn’t willing to allow multiple trait sets (I’m going to level a whole other ele just so I can have my glass cannon staff ele and a d/d tank without needing to constantly respec and carry all the extra gear) I’d hope they’d be willing to add some sort of option for respec away from town.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Geotherma.2395

Sounds like a good idea to me. If Anet isn’t willing to allow multiple trait sets (I’m going to level a whole other ele just so I can have my glass cannon staff ele and a d/d tank without needing to constantly respec and carry all the extra gear) I’d hope they’d be willing to add some sort of option for respec away from town.

Thats what I was thinking. And it could add a level of skill and technique to dungeons, because you could trait for each part. And people would have the option to do it or not to. I can’t think of something that fits the term “convenience” more than that hehe

Nvidia GTX 650 Win 7 64bit FFXI 4+yrs/Aion 4+ years Complete Noob~ Veteran OIF/OEF

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: rgrwng.4072

rgrwng.4072

can’t we repurchase the trait books for 2 gold each? and then just keep a stack of them?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Rebort.6295

Rebort.6295

Didn’t the 10s ones reset your traits also? Do they still work? See previous idea.

Edit: 10s book didn’t work. Someone try 1g and 2g :P

(edited by Rebort.6295)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Geotherma.2395

can’t we repurchase the trait books for 2 gold each? and then just keep a stack of them?

The books are 10X more expensive than the NPC who resets traits. The Gem item would need to be fairly cheap to work, and it would work with any level for the same price. Or possibly come in stacks.

On a side note don’t ever spend 2g on the books as the NPC is much cheaper lol.. I think the max cost of the NPC who resets is something like 14s, but I’d have to check.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Syeria.4812

Syeria.4812

The books don’t reset your traits anyway do they? I mean, traits are reset when you use the book to unlock the tier, but can you actually use them again after that?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Leablo.2651

Leablo.2651

That would be the purpose of testing.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Geotherma.2395

The books don’t reset your traits anyway do they? I mean, traits are reset when you use the book to unlock the tier, but can you actually use them again after that?

I’ve heard ppl say that they were going to buy books to reset, until I told them about the NPC heh.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Arganthium.5638

Arganthium.5638

The books are 10X more expensive than the NPC who resets traits. The Gem item would need to be fairly cheap to work, and it would work with any level for the same price. Or possibly come in stacks.

On a side note don’t ever spend 2g on the books as the NPC is much cheaper lol.. I think the max cost of the NPC who resets is something like 14s, but I’d have to check.

I’ve always had to spend only 3.50 silver for trait reset. Never any more or less. 0_o

And 10x is an under exaggeration. Given a cost of 3.50s, that would mean that Grandmaster trait books cost 57.143 times more than the standard NPC retrainer does.

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

in Black Lion Trading Co

Geotherma.2395

I’ve always had to spend only 3.50 silver for trait reset. Never any more or less. 0_o

And 10x is an under exaggeration. Given a cost of 3.50s, that would mean that Grandmaster trait books cost 57.143 times more than the standard NPC retrainer does.

Sorry I didn’t feel like doing the math lol, yes was an exaggeration..

And if you are 80 then 3.5 could be the max, I have a bad memory so I didn’t recall what the price was at the time.

For better clarification since I’ve gotten some sleep finally:

Adept 10s
Master 1g
Grandmaster 2g
According to wiki.

“Spending trait points can be done at any time. In PvE and WvW, however, resetting trait points has to be done by:

Using a Training Manual, or
Paying 5c /point to a trainer (at L80, this could cost 3s 50c ).

I was thinking maybe to keep the price reasonable right now 3 gems is worth about 3s 33c. So maybe the gem store item could be a 10 pack for 30 gems of this item. Or
10x pack 30 gems/ 20x pack for 50 gems. Of course the market can change, but I think this would be cheaper and convenient for people. The other way around (gold to gems) 30 gems cost 61s (right now). The trait NPC would cost more than this if it was done the equivalent times. And of course the 20x pack is even cheaper. It isn’t a HUGE idea, just a small one, but maybe could be convenient to certain people.

(edited by Geotherma.2395)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Arganthium.5638

Arganthium.5638

Sorry I didn’t feel like doing the math lol, yes was an exaggeration..

And if you are 80 then 3.5 could be the max, I have a bad memory so I didn’t recall what the price was at the time.

Haha yeah, it wasn’t entirely necessary. Fair enough. xD

I think that you have to pay a certain set amount for each trait point that you’re resetting (like 5c each or whatever). That would also explain why I’ve retrained, accidentally put in some points into some trait line, and removed them again for a cheaper price that would also happen to follow this equation.

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ninth Requiem.3250

Ninth Requiem.3250

The difference is that books go into your inventory and can be used at any time. If you’re testing out a new build, and find it’s really not working, you can use a book mid-dungeon to respec.
Having a gemstore item that could do this would be helpful, although it’d have to be either very, very cheap, or have lots of uses.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Geotherma.2395

The difference is that books go into your inventory and can be used at any time. If you’re testing out a new build, and find it’s really not working, you can use a book mid-dungeon to respec.
Having a gemstore item that could do this would be helpful, although it’d have to be either very, very cheap, or have lots of uses.

So we could do:
Very cheap stack
Very cheap item

or even an unlimited use item with a timer (like bank golem). Maybe a 24hour countdown.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Rebort.6295

Rebort.6295

Has anyone tried using a 2g book at lvl 80?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Beetle.2476

Beetle.2476

We can just buy a book to reset it. It would be about the same as 100 gems to buy a grandmaster, so not neccesary.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Geotherma.2395

We can just buy a book to reset it. It would be about the same as 100 gems to buy a grandmaster, so not neccesary.

100 gems is about 1g and some silver. And the price of teh item would be equivelant or less than the 4s-ish fee for trait resetting.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Leablo.2651

That’s not gonna happen. They charge 70 gems for a repair canister when almost every dungeon has a guy right there who will repair everything for 12s. There is no way they are releasing an item like this at a gem equivalent of 4s, you are dreaming. Beetle’s estimation is a lot more realistic, if they made this item it would be comparable in price to the book and if the book works then it’s redundant.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Geotherma.2395

That’s not gonna happen. They charge 70 gems for a repair canister when almost every dungeon has a guy right there who will repair everything for 12s. There is no way they are releasing an item like this at a gem equivalent of 4s, you are dreaming. Beetle’s estimation is a lot more realistic, if they made this item it would be comparable in price to the book and if the book works then it’s redundant.

But there were other suggestions as well such as a 24hr timer unlimited. Which for the right price could be worth it. Or simply add it to the BL chest loot table.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

But there were other suggestions as well such as a 24hr timer unlimited. Which for the right price could be worth it. Or simply add it to the BL chest loot table.

ugh! more useless items in the bl chests

in Black Lion Trading Co

Geotherma.2395

Everyone says that meanwhile their gasping when I spend 450ish gems and get a 6g mini, 2 back packs(14g each at the time), and uni dyes lol. But to each their own, I’ve spent 450 and gotten 4 BL salvage kits (300 gems each). But maybe its just me, I find ways to enjoy the game. Also gotta love when more keys drop heh

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zenguy.6421

Zenguy.6421

Test results:
Training Manuals only work when unlocking a trait tier for the first time. Once you’ve unlocked the trait tier you can’t use that level of book again on that character. When you’ve unlocked all the tiers the only way to reset traits is to visit a trainer.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Everyone says that meanwhile their gasping when I spend 450ish gems and get a 6g mini, 2 back packs(14g each at the time), and uni dyes lol. But to each their own, I’ve spent 450 and gotten 4 BL salvage kits (300 gems each). But maybe its just me, I find ways to enjoy the game. Also gotta love when more keys drop heh

How about this?
ugh! more useless items in the bl chests and the people who find it useful will have to gamble for it!

Every “useless” item in the chests diminishes the value of the bl keys.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Mathemagician.1836

Mathemagician.1836

It’s not useless. Fractals at the moment do not have a way to repair, and I’ve been in groups where people have become pantless before the Jade Maw fractal; therefore the repair canister is useful, even though there’s an abundance of repair stations around.

It’d be great if I could retrait in Fractals if I found that my build was just not working. It’d be great if I could retrait in a WvW siege. Heck, I wanted to retrait last night and didn’t have time to go back to a trainer. Probably I’d have forgotten if it wasn’t for this thread (Here’s to hoping that I remember by the time I get home..)

I think that for the right price, I’d invest in a handful of such items. I’d certainly be happy to see them pop out of a Black Lion chest!

Hopf Bifurcation, Norn Mesmer, We Are Owl Exterminators [OWL], No Dice [DICE]
Fort Aspenwood

in Black Lion Trading Co

Geotherma.2395

How about this?
ugh! more useless items in the bl chests and the people who find it useful will have to gamble for it!

Every “useless” item in the chests diminishes the value of the bl keys.

One mans junk is another mans treasure :P

I’ve made twice in gold back from chests since I started buying them, and I’m counting large numbers. Each time I do a large amount of keys I’m making more gold than I could have from just using the gem-gold transfer, AND I’m getting a crap ton of items that I need to keep using because they are overflowing my bank. And “useless” is only relative. You could say the last 10 keys I bought and got 3 backpacks were useless, do I use backpacks? Nope. Someone else does, and I thanked them for the 20+g I made. Again, see phrase at top of post.

(edited by Geotherma.2395)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Leablo.2651

Wow, 3 backpacks in every 10 chests, you would be stupid not to spend all your money on keys. Hey guys why aren’t you getting in on all this free gold?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Geotherma.2395

Wow, 3 backpacks in every 10 chests, you would be stupid not to spend all your money on keys. Hey guys why aren’t you getting in on all this free gold?

Not every 10 chests lol. But like I said EVERY TIME I do buy a nice stack of keys and add the results, I’m making much better purchases via keys than buying the items outright, and on top of the gem savings, I’m making actual gold too. But it bothers me not at all that others don’t do the same, I will enjoy my lottery