Gigantic White Kitten

Gigantic White Kitten

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: mellonkitty.6027

mellonkitty.6027

As a collector, I’ve nabbed all five of the baby minis which have been available over the past month, and like many folk have been patiently awaiting the arrival of the Mini White Kitten… hoping it would be kitten sized!

But it’s the same size of the lion cub, or any normal miniature cat. Why isn’t it actually kitten sized?

Gigantic White Kitten

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Probably because it would be too small for people to see properly. They might have a minimum size for minis. In this case, it has the shape of a kitten not a cat.

Gigantic White Kitten

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Gabby.3205

Gabby.3205

But the Mini Moa Chick was really tiny. I should have bought it when I had the chance, I know, but I was waiting for the kitty because I thought it would be really small, too.
Oh well, I guess I will just keep saving my gems for another character slot ^^

Tarnished Coast
Astrid Strongheart, Norn Ranger.
“I wish juvenile wolves were bigger”

Gigantic White Kitten

in Black Lion Trading Co

Astral Projections.7320

After I posted, I saw a picture of the kitten beside a player and yeah, it looks as big as a regular cat. It doesn’t really look like a kitten to me either. The proportions, from the picture, look like a mature cat.

Gigantic White Kitten

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Mortbane.4308

Mortbane.4308

Seriously huge. It’s adult-sized with an enormous head.

Gigantic White Kitten

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Katreyn.4218

Katreyn.4218

Some people call their full grown cats kittens still. :P But yeah, I will agree he seems pretty oversized.

Especially when you compare him to other cat minis (I’m pretty sure hes actually bigger then the tabby cat from HoM and some of the other cat minis around). That and the bear mini may actually be smaller then him.

Gigantic White Kitten

in Black Lion Trading Co

Astral Projections.7320

The appearance, from the picture I saw didn’t say Kitten to me. Kittens have short bodies and legs with large heads. The mini has a large head but the body length is long, like a cat. Kittens also have short spike tails that they tend to have raised, the mini’s tail is down. Also, the body looks too sturdy, a kitten’s body is more delicate.

Kittens
http://animal.discovery.com/tv-shows/too-cute/meet-the-kittens/the-simpsons-kitten-cam-photos.htm

Compared to
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/File:Mini_White_Kitten.jpg

Gigantic White Kitten

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Curtis Johnson

Curtis Johnson

We’ll look into making it slightly smaller compared to adult cats but it still won’t be tiny compared to other minis.

All mini’s are built to roughly a common size relative to each other. They are intended to be toys or doll-like and not real creatures with real proportions (there aren’t really hundreds of miniature Logan Thackeray’s being born and sold into slavery. )

(edited by Curtis Johnson.8456)

Gigantic White Kitten

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: JakHammer.7094

JakHammer.7094

So all the truly little kittens in the 3 Jumping Puzzle easter egg rooms in all the the WvW borderlands were made by somebody else, not affiliated with the game, and are unavailable for modification as mini pets?

Frankly, one of those with a red ribbon and just the reach out and scratch animation would suit me better than a ‘kitten’ the size of a dachshund.

Wish I had seen this thread before I converted the gold, hoping to get gold back on an up spike.

(edited by JakHammer.7094)

Gigantic White Kitten

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Penguin.5197

Penguin.5197

Awww, I liked its current size if anything we need bigger minis! BIGGER!

Gigantic White Kitten

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: WindFall.1479

WindFall.1479

We’ll look into making it slightly smaller compared to adult cats but it still won’t be tiny compared to other minis.

All mini’s are built to roughly a common size relative to each other. They are intended to be toys or doll-like and not real creatures with real proportions (there aren’t really hundreds of miniature Logan Thackeray’s being born and sold into slavery. )

On a side note, imagining the same slavery notion to speedo Lord Faren is making me very uncomfortable right now. o.o

Gigantic White Kitten

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

Please keep it big! I like having a big, adorable kitty to snuggle with! <3

It reminds me of my cat, Friday. Oh god, I miss her! :’(

Gigantic White Kitten

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zackie.8923

Zackie.8923

please don’t change the size, it’s already small enough

Gigantic White Kitten

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: mellonkitty.6027

mellonkitty.6027

Thank you, thanks you, thank you! I’m sure next to a norn character it looks somewhat ok, but next to my asura the sheer scale of the thing is borderline freakish. Having the sweet monstrous fuzzball toned down a bit into a sweet little fuzzball would be lovely

Gigantic White Kitten

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

at least the head….its too big.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Gigantic White Kitten

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Meluna.1764

Meluna.1764

(there aren’t really hundreds of miniature Logan Thackeray’s being born and sold into slavery. )

Did you hear that? It sounded like a thousand fangirls to cry out and be suddenly silenced… XD

Gigantic White Kitten

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Thelgar.7214

Thelgar.7214

Please don’t change it. I like the big, big-headed kitten. Sell a separate, little, little-headed kitten for people that want it. If you’re up for changing stuff, please take a look at the sickle animation, which is actually broken.

Gigantic White Kitten

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: dagrdagaz.4913

dagrdagaz.4913

Maybe it would have been better if this mini was a white version of the HoM orange tabby cat.
Ok, it wouldnt be a kitten then, but the size would be more correct.

Gigantic White Kitten

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: cinemapaula.8673

cinemapaula.8673

Yeah – I bought it and am disappointed. I wanted a kitten. Not a malformed giant cat. EVERYONE in Lions Arch calls it ugly as it is… this was the most awaited of the set, and now its become the most disappointing. =( If it was little, it would be cute. But the size it is now makes it pretty unappealing.

Gigantic White Kitten

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Leablo.2651

Leablo.2651

“Gigantic White Kitten”

You see, the word “kitten” is used as a word filter here, and before long you begin to assume it means something else.

Seriously huge. It’s adult-sized with an enormous head.

please don’t change the size, it’s already small enough

at least the head….its too big.

Oh god stop, my sides.

Gigantic White Kitten

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zet.9130

Zet.9130

Maneki-neko – beckoning cat
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maneki-neko

That’s what I see. Just need it to wave.

Gigantic White Kitten

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: PolarisNova.3867

PolarisNova.3867

Please don’t. I paid money for this, and I like it exactly as it is, it is truly adorable and frankly my favourite pet. Thank you :-D

~Lady Amelia of the House of Rose~

Gigantic White Kitten

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Seraki.2753

Seraki.2753

IMO the adult cats [including the HOM reward tabby] are too small. While I agree a kitten shouldn’t be the same size as a lion cub, making the kitten smaller than the current cat size would be too tiny.

Gigantic White Kitten

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

Am I the only one who keeps thinking bad stuff everytime he sees this Thread Title?

Sometimes I think the people who set up these forums did half the stuff they did as part of a social experiment and it’s gradually elevating on its own to the dubiousness of an asuran experiment

Gigantic White Kitten

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Duke Darkwood.4237

Duke Darkwood.4237

Personally, that’s a big gripe I have with these boards. Kittens should NOT be associated with such foul language. I oughtta call the K.S.P.C.A. on you forum censors! (The K stands for “Kryta”.) Why not chickens? Certainly they deserve such a fowl association.