Have you speculated and in what?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Brutaly.6257

Brutaly.6257

Personally i always speculate in the market before important patches and hoping that added items (such as ascended last patch) will require specific materials to craft. This has been very successful in other games and also in GW2.

So it would be interesting to see:

Q What you speculated in and how much?

A I speculated in 1000 glob of ectoplasm (bought it over a very long period of time so i havent paid 29s each) and hoping for it to pass 31s per unit which will yield me a healthy profit.

(edited by Brutaly.6257)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

Wood lots of wood

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Brutaly.6257

I speculate in gear needing ecto.

Wood lots of wood

Why wood? I understand if you dont want to say but i think its to late for others to do the same.

Btw ecto at 30s 62c. Looking really nice atm.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: SafeFatNoob.3156

SafeFatNoob.3156

A member of my guild got 8K ectos at 24s and sold them at 29s

I’m safe. I’m fat. I’m a noob.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lafiel.9372

Lafiel.9372

A member of my guild got 8K ectos at 24s and sold them at 29s

That is a tiny profit for investing 1.9k gold lol

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

-Back at a few months in release, lots and lots of t6 mats. Made a killing
-Wall of the Mists (back then it had a bugged recipe which would either give you wall of the mists, or Lidless eye
-Piles of Putrid Essence (bought over 40g and sold it a few months later at break even)
-Armored Scales. Made a good 100% profit but it was not worth it. I think I waited close to 2-3 months for it to go up. Wasted opportunity cost.
-Ancient Bones. Sold it as a paltry 20% profit. It’s still a good speculation option. Players may still be burning through inventory supply.
-Storm. Has went up over 100g in the past few days. Could go even higher, maybe 300% if they make a change in today’s patch.

In the future, I’m going to be speculate Crystal Lodestones. They are massively underpriced, but I think a lodestone supply buff is due in the near future.
Crystal Lodestones are a long-term speculation, perhaps 6 months. So if you are going to invest in it, invest in A LOT. Someone I know has over 1000.

Some of the cheaper t6 options, like Totem (that used to be as expensive as bloods) and sacs are good for short-term (3 month) speculation.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Florgknight.1589

Florgknight.1589

Ancient wood and mystic coins.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

I speculated in The Energizer during the lost shores patch. Made a small profit. I kick myself every time I look at the price now.

I speculated in ancient bones when they were vendor price. Again I kick myself for selling them at 1s, but still made a pretty large profit on those (small investment though, only had 1000)

I don’t have any capital right now so i’m out of the speculation game. Finished up my legendary and working on getting my T3 armor. Once that is done i’ll get a nice capital base and start again for the summer months.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

I explored mystic coins with about $40 real money. I taught me a lot about how sell orders does not equal supply.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Brutaly.6257

Sold ecto now for 32-33 silver each.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: RedKhus.7546

RedKhus.7546

This morning I bought some Black Lion Chests with the new skins dropping. Pretty low-scale and cheap (safe), but the Halloween skins made the chests jump up for a little while.

I’m currently hoarding cinnamon for that awesome legendary weapon that’s going to require it…perhaps a mace that looks like a rolling pin with cinnamon sprinkle particle effects…c’mon ANet, make it happen, make me part of the Tyrian 1%.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: MyGWAccount.7325

MyGWAccount.7325

u just lost money lol…

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

u just lost money lol…

lost potential money*

He still made on top if he bought at 27

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: MyGWAccount.7325

MyGWAccount.7325

u just lost money lol…

lost potential money*

He still made on top if he bought at 27

his op saying he hasnt bought at 29 leaves me to believe it wasnt far off that or was a typo and bought @ 29s ea.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Brutaly.6257

And if you read i set my limit when i got a fair earning at 31 and since the trader takes 15% you can actually assume that i bought them cheaper than 29, whcih i did. So yes i made a huge chunk of money but when i saw them go over 31 before the patched released then i chose to play it safe and sold of a few. Still have a couple of hundreds im gonna play with.

Good times!! :-)

(edited by Brutaly.6257)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

I just made a speculatory investment in a certain item. I’m looking at you future expansion items! Although, it was a relative small amount. I’m just now getting into the market investing so I have low gold amounts atm.

Wish I had invested in some Gems though. I bet their sell prices are going to blow up!

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee

(edited by Lonewolf Kai.3682)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Geotherma.2395

Geotherma.2395

I speculated that I would get ANOTHER one of these, so sold it instead of waiting for the event to end… I had just started the game that week, kicked myself so many times my foot went numb.

Attachments:

Intel i7 3.9ghz processor 16GB Ram 2TB HDD
Nvidia GTX 650 Win 7 64bit FFXI 4+yrs/Aion 4+ years Complete Noob~ Veteran OIF/OEF
http://everyonesgrudge.enjin.com/home MY GW2 Music http://tinyurl.com/cm4o6tu

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Astraea.6075

Astraea.6075

During the Wintersday event I bought several thousand flawless snowflakes when they were at a low price of 21/22c each. I didn’t really hang on to them long term like I planned however because the price surged to over 70c within a few days of me buying them, so I off-loaded them for a quick healthy profit.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

during halloween I bought around 140 stacks of candy corn at 1-5c each (20 at 5, then price went down: so another 30, price down again: another 40, price down yet again: another 50 :P).
I decided I didn’t want to waste the bank space on it, so I listed them on the TP at 10c, 15c, 20c, 25c, 30c, 35c, 40c.
cost to buy them all: about 7g
currently all of the 10c ones have sold, giving me 2.5g, and the availability on the TP goes down every day with corresponding price increase
profit if they all eventually sell: about 67g