How Much Money Have You Spent - Gem Store?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Avelos.6798

Avelos.6798

$30 to convert to gold ( 800Gems = 2.5g ) in the first few months of the game

WASTE OF MONEY!! now that $10 (800 Gems ) gets you 55g

That has turned me off buying gems and i will never again until they either fix this stupid inflation or release an expansion with good looking ARMOR! that this game is severely lacking.. just look at Dragon Age gameplay to see some awesome armor

There is no inflation. Gold is easier to make now. Every single price has gone up as well as how easy it is to make gold. It’s not broken so there’s no need for a fix.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Spent another $10 last night for an additional 800 gems to get Marjory’s Dagger and Kasmeer’s Staff.

I regret nothing. <3

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

I haven’t spent anything beyond the initial purchase of the game. I’ve used gold to get the gems to buy what little there is and has been in the gemstore that interests me. I bought thousands of gems in the first few weeks after launch, for laughable amounts of gold. I’m yet to run out of gems.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: juno.1840

juno.1840

That has turned me off buying gems and i will never again until they either fix this stupid inflation or release an expansion with good looking ARMOR! that this game is severely lacking.. just look at Dragon Age gameplay to see some awesome armor

There is no inflation. Gold is easier to make now. Every single price has gone up as well as how easy it is to make gold. It’s not broken so there’s no need for a fix.

Ummm I think that’s called “inflation”

Part of me thinks that someone in ANet was thinking “hey, wanna see something funny? Watch this…”

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: VidGhost.3215

VidGhost.3215

They rippe me off …………$10 got me 2.5g in this game at launch… so now i’m never going to give them another dollar unless they can refund me 52.5g for every 800 gems i exchanged or release an expansion that i will buy from a store or online.. not interested in gems at all anymore.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: zimzim.3624

zimzim.3624

I don’t like farming, so I spend more than $1,200 lol. I don’t mind because I rather spend my time working part-time as a programmer and gaining experience irl rather than sitting down farming.

8 hours in game I probably get around 40g? But 8 hours working part-time during my weekends as a programmer gives me around $40 per day, equivalent to around 170g now.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Calae.1738

Calae.1738

I’ve contributed around 500$ since August 2012. My support for Arenanet has diminished since launch. The bulk of my support occurred in the first 6 months after the game released. After some game design philosophy changes I contributed much less.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Calae.1738

Calae.1738

I don’t like farming, so I spend more than $1,200 lol. I don’t mind because I rather spend my time working part-time as a programmer and gaining experience irl rather than sitting down farming.

8 hours in game I probably get around 40g? But 8 hours working part-time during my weekends as a programmer gives me around $40 per day, equivalent to around 170g now.

I look at it that way as well.

1 hour of farming in game nets me around 5g if I’m lucky. Compare that to 1 hour salary at work spent on gems and I could easily get over 100g.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Avelos.6798

Avelos.6798

Ummm I think that’s called “inflation”

Nope. It only is if prices go up while the ability to make gold goes down. Or stays the same.