Human Cultural Armor in the Gem Store [Merged]

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Thelgar.7214

Thelgar.7214

Your actual point is incorrect

There were three aspects to my original point, which you claim is “incorrect,” so we’ll address them each in turn.

Part 1: Anet can rollback the armors.
This one really isn’t open for debate. It’s technologically possible for them to reset the entire server to its previous state, to simply delete the armor from all players’ inventories, or take any of a myriad of measures that would all result in a game world without the new armor. To claim otherwise demonstrates a remarkable lack of understanding of the fundamental functions of electronic storage mediums and data manipulation in the modern era.

Part 2: Anet should rollback the armors.
This is a subjective opinion, and as such can be neither correct nor incorrect.

Part 3: Anet won’t rollback the armors.
This is perhaps the only third of my argument for which you might have a leg to stand on with regards to its validity. Although I can’t claim to know definitively what Anet will and will not do, I can employ a bit of abductive reasoning. Given what I know about the frequency with which people complain on the forums about patch changes (often) and the frequency with which Anet apologizes and reverses those changes (not often) I can hypothesize that the pattern will continue to hold true for this case. Anet may be able to prove me wrong here, but you certainly can’t and the fact that they have yet to make any public statement of intent and the armor is still available for purchase would seem to indicate that I’ve got the lead here as well.

and your attempt to mischaracterize your failure to include both aspects of the original poster’s intent (to adequately compensate those who purchased the flamekissed armor and roll back the armor itself) in your argument as some difficulty I had comprehending your argument is in bad taste.

I assume you’re referring to me addressing only the feasibility of rolling back the armor, rather than the issue of compensation. I didn’t feel the need to comment further on the finer points of a solution since you had already summarily dismissed the possibility that a solution even existed. I felt the basic premise of the argument was a more suitable place to start, rather than waste time on details that hinged on first disproving your initial statement. Care to rhetoric further?

Your argument is flawed and dishonest because you’re creating an artificial separation between two parts of the original poster’s thread. In order to be a valid point within the context of this thread, you need to address both compensating people who purchased the skin fairly and rolling back the armor. You aren’t doing both because you want to somehow win the thread rather than address the original post in a meaningful way. You’ve got the “lead” after all.

I’m engaging in honest discourse, what you’re doing, deliberately working outside the context of the original post and making indirect ad hominem attacks, is the kind of rhetoric you’re trying to assign to my posts. You’re attempting to use language to influence people in a way that isn’t honest or reasonable.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Flytrap.8075

Flytrap.8075

Your actual point is incorrect

There were three aspects to my original point, which you claim is “incorrect,” so we’ll address them each in turn.

Part 1: Anet can rollback the armors.
This one really isn’t open for debate. It’s technologically possible for them to reset the entire server to its previous state, to simply delete the armor from all players’ inventories, or take any of a myriad of measures that would all result in a game world without the new armor. To claim otherwise demonstrates a remarkable lack of understanding of the fundamental functions of electronic storage mediums and data manipulation in the modern era.

Part 2: Anet should rollback the armors.
This is a subjective opinion, and as such can be neither correct nor incorrect.

Part 3: Anet won’t rollback the armors.
This is perhaps the only third of my argument for which you might have a leg to stand on with regards to its validity. Although I can’t claim to know definitively what Anet will and will not do, I can employ a bit of abductive reasoning. Given what I know about the frequency with which people complain on the forums about patch changes (often) and the frequency with which Anet apologizes and reverses those changes (not often) I can hypothesize that the pattern will continue to hold true for this case. Anet may be able to prove me wrong here, but you certainly can’t and the fact that they have yet to make any public statement of intent and the armor is still available for purchase would seem to indicate that I’ve got the lead here as well.

and your attempt to mischaracterize your failure to include both aspects of the original poster’s intent (to adequately compensate those who purchased the flamekissed armor and roll back the armor itself) in your argument as some difficulty I had comprehending your argument is in bad taste.

I assume you’re referring to me addressing only the feasibility of rolling back the armor, rather than the issue of compensation. I didn’t feel the need to comment further on the finer points of a solution since you had already summarily dismissed the possibility that a solution even existed. I felt the basic premise of the argument was a more suitable place to start, rather than waste time on details that hinged on first disproving your initial statement. Care to rhetoric further?

Your argument is flawed and dishonest because you’re creating an artificial separation between two parts of the original poster’s thread. In order to be a valid point within the context of this thread, you need to address both compensating people who purchased the skin fairly and rolling back the armor. You aren’t doing both because you want to somehow win the thread rather than address the original post in a meaningful way. You’ve got the “lead” after all.

I’m engaging in honest discourse, what you’re doing, deliberately working outside the context of the original post and making indirect ad hominem attacks, is the kind of rhetoric you’re trying to assign to my posts. You’re attempting to use language to influence people in a way that isn’t honest or reasonable.

Your posts are becoming ridiculous and don’t add anything to the discussion; you’re simply arguing for the sake of arguing.

To stay on topic, I was initially shocked that ArenaNet would offer a skin that is essentially T3 Cultural armor in the gem store. I did end up buying said skin for my Human Mesmer, but I still feel conflicted on the issue in general. On one hand, it’s kind of cool that they’re being less restrictive on armor skins, but on the other, they’re destroying the very thing that makes Cultural Armor what it is.

I feel bad for the people who spent their time and gold farming up their T3 set only to have an equal-or-better alternative available in the Gem Store; I know I’d be irked if they made Norn cultural armor available to everyone.

There’s a fine line to walk on this issue, and I think that ArenaNet may have overstepped it…. I’m interested to see how they handle this issue, if at all. That being said, I still bought the skin and I intend on using it.

Fort Aspenwood | [Bags]

(edited by Flytrap.8075)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Bastar.8012

Bastar.8012

Don’t post on forums much, but i wanted to add to this as I think it’s wrong.

The flaming re-skins are cheap and tacky, but worse, the light version is a kick in the balls to every light armor wearing human who already has T3. I really can’t believe they did this. In my opinion, it’s a whole new low.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: AGGabriel.9230

AGGabriel.9230

if they ad the t3 heavy charr i’m first in line to buy it even if it’s 1k gems XD

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

i think the best solution would be to give us a new t3 cultural. that looks great( not weird like the trickster thing) and has an epic partical effect or so and make it free for those who bought the whole set.
im sure they already have realized that this was not a good move and are probably gonna come up with some kind of compensation

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Silas.8630

Silas.8630

Your posts are becoming ridiculous and don’t add anything to the discussion; you’re simply arguing for the sake of arguing.

Stormbluff Isle | [Bags]

Oh my. Mark your calendars ladies and gentlemen, the day a member of [Bags] accused someone else of trolling too hard ;-)

SBI
[DR]

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Flytrap.8075

Flytrap.8075

Stormbluff Isle | [Bags]

Oh my. Mark your calendars ladies and gentlemen, the day a member of [Bags] accused someone else of trolling too hard ;-)

Adorable.

Who’s the one trolling now?

Fort Aspenwood | [Bags]

in Black Lion Trading Co

Silas.8630

In order to be a valid point within the context of this thread, you need to address both compensating people who purchased the skin fairly and rolling back the armor.

I apologize, I thought the entire point, purpose, and definition of “rolling back” negated the need for arbitrary compensation. If the armor was rolled back it seemed painfully obvious to me that so would any gold/gems/dollars/euros/whatevers that had been spent on transmutation crystals and whatnot. Didn’t feel I needed to clarify that rolling back includes both sides of the transaction, not just taking the armor away.

SBI
[DR]

in Black Lion Trading Co

Silas.8630

Adorable.

Who’s the one trolling now?

Oh come now, please don’t pretend to be unaware of your guild’s reputation, it’s insulting to everyone’s intelligence, not to mention all the hard work by people like Art Department. This is getting seriously offtopic though so I’ll refrain from replying to guild drama any further.

SBI
[DR]

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

if they ad the t3 heavy charr i’m first in line to buy it even if it’s 1k gems XD

Stay away of my olny one normal looking armor i got. If u want it create charr.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Laurienne.3645

Laurienne.3645

i dont think they’ll add any other cultural armor in the gemstore! i think they only did this with human T3 because the models for asura and norn was already in game (dunno about charr models, but looks like a stretched male human model)… unless there are other NPCs using diferent races culturals out there, i think they wont bother with it.
…but who knows…

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Frederica.9237

Frederica.9237

I for one am very glad that Anet made Flamekissed Armor. The first thing I did was buy it for my Sylvari and Norn.

Judging by the amount of people wearing it I dont think I am the only one who feels this way.

Anet must have made a decent amount of money from it. Keep up the good work!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Thelgar.7214

In order to be a valid point within the context of this thread, you need to address both compensating people who purchased the skin fairly and rolling back the armor.

I apologize, I thought the entire point, purpose, and definition of “rolling back” negated the need for arbitrary compensation. If the armor was rolled back it seemed painfully obvious to me that so would any gold/gems/dollars/euros/whatevers that had been spent on transmutation crystals and whatnot. Didn’t feel I needed to clarify that rolling back includes both sides of the transaction, not just taking the armor away.

Compensated fairly isn’t the same as just giving back gold/gems/dollars. Everyone didn’t just buy the skin and slap it on their existing armor and dye set. People bought or used dyes, weapons/skins, minis, hair/makeover kits, character slots etc. specifically to use with the new armor skin. People invested time and money/gold in putting that together. They passed on opportunities to use that time and money in ways that would have resulted in having something they want or doing something enjoyable rather than using it on something that is taken away from them.

To compensate them fairly, they should be as happy with their purchase and the time they invested (and I with mine) as people who have the T3 human armor want to be with theirs (and I presume you want to be with yours). That means letting them keep the thing they bought over other things or finding a way to give each of them something with which they will be as happy to have as what they bought and spent time on.

(edited by Thelgar.7214)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Brujeria.7536

Brujeria.7536

Why are you guys freaking out so much about it? I dont like opening up cultural armor / weapons for all races neither, but face the facts:

- all cultural T3 weapons where available for everyone during queens jubilee and i didnt saw one single thread crying about it.

- its just ONE set, of one armor tier, of one cultural tier

- the human cultural armor in general is the most generic looking armor of all the cultural armors in the game. IF they convert a cultural armor into a gemstore item, it has to be a human cultural armor, because about 95% of all armors in this game are based around humans, every single armor availble looks decent on a human. Every single class could use it, like they can use all normal armor too, with just slight changes. a lot of those armors “available for all” look just plain stupid on other races, especially silvary and charr. A lot of clipping errors, horns disapearing, tails clipping etc.

- its a reskin after all, and it forces you to go with the flame look, crippling the colour sheme if you dont like animated flames, so the cultural armor stays pretty unique

- most people will just skip this armor, as it looks a bit too generic in my opinion

so just dont freak out and cry for a refund of some sorts, its not gonna happen, its not the end of the world, it will maybe considered a bad decision and no other cultural armors will be reused, so just chill guys.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Phyxrgon.7305

Phyxrgon.7305

- all cultural T3 weapons where available for everyone during queens jubilee and i didnt saw one single thread crying about it.

Cultural weapons have always been available to buy with karma for all races, they simply locked cultural armor to each race instead a long while back.

I don’t even buy cultural weapons, but I’m pretty sure most people don’t either… considering there are much more appealing weapon skins and stats out there.

Jade Quarrior – [HzH] [SF]

Tengu. Make it happen.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

I’m still beside myself with all the complaining about this. I have no doubt the number of sales will far outstrip the number of complaints. Besides, even those whom are complaining, how many of you are going to buy this new armor anyway? Out of the 3 light armor professions, how many now have cheaper access to this armor for your alts? This is a win-win for the majority of players without question.

For those wanting the other T3’s like Norn’s, please do put them in the gem shop Anet. Even with 9 Norn’s, I’d rather they be shared…

btw… tomorrow’s Thanksgiving, get with the meaning of it.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

Can’t wait for the Sylvari cultural armor to be made available on Charr!

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in Black Lion Trading Co

Silas.8630

People bought or used dyes, weapons/skins, minis, hair/makeover kits, character slots etc. specifically to use with the new armor skin. People invested time and money/gold in putting that together. They passed on opportunities to use that time and money in ways that would have resulted in having something they want or doing something enjoyable rather than using it on something that is taken away from them.

If you used a dye, you get the dye back, if you bought a weapon skin, the purchase is refunded, if you used a makeover kit, you get the kit back and your looks are restored, if you spent gold, the gold is returned…should I go on? What part of this concept isn’t making sense?

SBI
[DR]

in Black Lion Trading Co

Silas.8630

btw… tomorrow’s Thanksgiving, get with the meaning of it.

Yes, everyone revel in the glory of our national holiday! Wait, not everyone here is American?
crickets
guys?

SBI
[DR]

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: hellokittyonline.7532

hellokittyonline.7532

Still want reply from anet this is getting kittened.

Seems like their whole team doesn’t do anything at work.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Buttercup.5871

Buttercup.5871

People are upset because an important marker has been crossed. Basically, Anet could go to here, there, and there, but no further than that. Immersion breaking is part of it, trust and defined expectations another.

The only two skins that really had a clear marker “STAY AWAY” were 1) cultural armor and 2) legendaries. They still meant something. So what’s next? Reskinned legendaries? I’m serious here, is that up for grabs as well? Because the road leading there suddenly seems awfully short. And hey, wouldn’t a flaming Juggernaut look great? Only 800 gems and it’s yours.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Thelgar.7214

People bought or used dyes, weapons/skins, minis, hair/makeover kits, character slots etc. specifically to use with the new armor skin. People invested time and money/gold in putting that together. They passed on opportunities to use that time and money in ways that would have resulted in having something they want or doing something enjoyable rather than using it on something that is taken away from them.

If you used a dye, you get the dye back, if you bought a weapon skin, the purchase is refunded, if you used a makeover kit, you get the kit back and your looks are restored, if you spent gold, the gold is returned…should I go on? What part of this concept isn’t making sense?

The part where you take something away that people wanted enough to invest time and money into and they are left with nothing but a bad experience? People made a purchase of something that they like and enjoy. How hard is it to understand that taking that away and leaving them without what they purchased and enjoy isn’t fair?

Unless they get something else that they would rather have, they’re being treated unfairly. The gold/money they spent is obviously not what they would rather have, otherwise they wouldn’t have exchanged it for the item. ANet can’t give back the time at all. And there is no magic way to give everyone who purchased the new skin each something they would rather have for the amount of time/money/gold they invested.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Cliff.8679

Cliff.8679

As someone with no investment in this issue (no intention of buying either T3 human armor or the gem store armor), I still have to speak out in support of those human players with T3 light. It’s pretty offensive to think a conscious decision was made to completely trivialize the closest thing this game has to prestigious armor that many players spent a lot of time and money obtaining. I can’t believe no one would have anticipated this reaction. I’m very, very eager to hear Arenanet’s response to this issue, because it’s frankly outrageous.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: pureblackfire.5390

pureblackfire.5390

did they just remove this armor from the gem store?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Buttercup.5871

Buttercup.5871

This just in:

Hey, everyone. We’ve been reading all your feedback about the Flamekissed Armor Skin that was released into the Gem Store yesterday.

Although the Flamekissed Armor uses the same mesh as the Tier 3 Human Cultural Armor, it was not our intention to create an armor skin that so closely matched the existing Tier 3 Human Cultural armor set. The intention was to use the mesh as a basis for creating an armor set that stands apart and is distinct in appearance. However, after reading your feedback, we agree that the Flamekissed armor is not visually distinct enough from Human Cultural Tier 3 armor.

We will do a few things to address this issue.

• We will temporarily remove Flamekissed Armor Skin from the Gem Store.
  • Players who have purchased Flamekissed Armor Skin will keep the skin.
  • We will make new art for the Flamekissed Armor Skin that achieves our goal of making a visually distinct and attractive armor set and does not closely resemble the Human Tier 3 Cultural armor.
  • Once this new artwork is completed, we will then update the Flamekissed Armor Skin so that all existing sets that players have purchased get the new art. We will also offer the Flamekissed Armor Skin for sale again at that time.
  • When we update the Flamekissed Armor Skins with the new artwork, any player that has already purchased the set and who does not like the new, updated look, can get a full refund by contacting Customer Support.

Note that there is no ETA on when this change will happen. We need to work with the Character Art Team to determine when we can have a new armor skin ready, and this could take some time.

Thank you everyone for providing your feedback. We appreciate that you took the time to let us know how you feel about the new armor set.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

I feel like this is as good a solution and probably the best solution that could have hoped for. Kind of surprised actually. Just a little.

However:

“it was not our intention to create an armor skin that so closely matched the existing Tier 3 Human Cultural armor set. The intention was to use the mesh as a basis for creating an armor set that stands apart and is distinct in appearance.”

I call Bull. Someone decided on this armor and set it on fire. Why even look or consider using this mesh? Clearly not thought through.

Happy for this change and happy for the update. Thanks to Regina and others behind the scenes. Please in the future think these re-skins through.

Still don’t think that re-skins should cost the same but that is another subject in which less people agree on.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

I feel like this is as good a solution and probably the best solution that could have hoped for.

No its not the best solution would have been for those of us who have bought it to keep the skin as is and do the rest of what they propose. No need for a refund then.

However:

“it was not our intention to create an armor skin that so closely matched the existing Tier 3 Human Cultural armor set. The intention was to use the mesh as a basis for creating an armor set that stands apart and is distinct in appearance.”

I call Bull. Someone decided on this armor and set it on fire. Why even look or consider using this mesh? Clearly not thought through.

Or we’re not getting the whole story. I agree it smells.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Trice.4598

Trice.4598

Unless they refund me the gold I spend to get the gems, I don’t want that other probably ugly skin they are going to choose. The 800 gems they are going to refund is roughly 50 gold compared to the 77 gold I spent to get them.

And Anet really need to stop backing off on everything they do. They keep releasing stuff that they end up removing/changing because they don’t think things through.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

Refund for T3 and not for crystals used on FOTM SKINS?

For the year spent chasing RNG from lvl 20 for the levels lost?

So it’s all about gems and complaining a lot on the forum?
This is the idea i got…

0 compensation for the fractal total mess……

Total double standards in this game….

GIVE at least the chance to keep the skin if you get the T3.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

(edited by LordByron.8369)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

I feel like this is as good a solution and probably the best solution that could have hoped for. Kind of surprised actually. Just a little.

However:

Happy for this change and happy for the update. Thanks to Regina and others behind the scenes. Please in the future think these re-skins through.

Still don’t think that re-skins should cost the same but that is another subject in which less people agree on.

Well because why go all the way back and reinvent the wheel. Custom homes tend to start with an already blueprinted floor plan and then customized. Same with clothing, cars, electronics, etc. The armor had to be adapted for the other races it’s just they didn’t modified it enough for humans, other than a fix color scheme and flames. Maybe the artist was lazy (programmers reuse code, do artists reuse art?), maybe they didn’t hear that it was meant as a starting point. How many of them are fashion oriented or did someone get stuck trying to think of someway to change it up enough? It’s probably not an easy gig. “Oh boy, how am I going to make this one unique enough that players will buy it.”

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Shinigami.6507

Shinigami.6507

Thanks a lot for this decision a-net. and from my point of view you’ll get every time you need to recreate a propper light armor.

Greetings

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Jinn.7143

Jinn.7143

This just in:

Hey, everyone. We’ve been reading all your feedback about the Flamekissed Armor Skin that was released into the Gem Store yesterday.

Although the Flamekissed Armor uses the same mesh as the Tier 3 Human Cultural Armor, it was not our intention to create an armor skin that so closely matched the existing Tier 3 Human Cultural armor set. The intention was to use the mesh as a basis for creating an armor set that stands apart and is distinct in appearance. However, after reading your feedback, we agree that the Flamekissed armor is not visually distinct enough from Human Cultural Tier 3 armor.

We will do a few things to address this issue.

• We will temporarily remove Flamekissed Armor Skin from the Gem Store.
  • Players who have purchased Flamekissed Armor Skin will keep the skin.
  • We will make new art for the Flamekissed Armor Skin that achieves our goal of making a visually distinct and attractive armor set and does not closely resemble the Human Tier 3 Cultural armor.
  • Once this new artwork is completed, we will then update the Flamekissed Armor Skin so that all existing sets that players have purchased get the new art. We will also offer the Flamekissed Armor Skin for sale again at that time.
  • When we update the Flamekissed Armor Skins with the new artwork, any player that has already purchased the set and who does not like the new, updated look, can get a full refund by contacting Customer Support.

Note that there is no ETA on when this change will happen. We need to work with the Character Art Team to determine when we can have a new armor skin ready, and this could take some time.

Thank you everyone for providing your feedback. We appreciate that you took the time to let us know how you feel about the new armor set.

Oh my god!! Thank you Regina for your response! Thank you!

as I wrote previously
“(I have been paying them monthly for gems because I loved what they do and how they listen us, respect us and respond to us)”

If this fix happens, I will most gladly continue my loving support to you!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

“No its not the best solution would have been for those of us who have bought it to keep the skin as is and do the rest of what they propose. No need for a refund then.”

If this is the case then it doesn’t fix the problem or issue at all that players had with the set in the first place.

@ Behellagh:

Hey that is ok if they want to use the mesh from one set to make another. But it didn’t have to be Cultural armor. This simply wasn’t thought through. 2 of the sets are karma / WVW token sets. And light is a T3 Culture set? They picked it on purpose and added fire.

Why? Because it would sell. (my opinion here)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ashamir.9574

Ashamir.9574

Thanks ANet. This seems like an acceptable solution to me.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ivan.3279

Ivan.3279

The best armor light I’ve seen and they removed it, however I’m agree with Trice

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ravenhunt.2735

Ravenhunt.2735

Yay…
I loved the T3 in fire… and yet… we become probably a ugly light armor in fire…

3 miserable skinned armors… thats so sad. T_T

Ventari says: “Act with wisdom, but act”
Meme says: “Meme?”

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ForGreatJustice.3452

ForGreatJustice.3452

Being someone that farmed gold almost a year ago to purchase the T3 light set for my necro (whom I never use, but she looks hawt at least), this reversal is very welcome.

However, like others noted, this is sketchy. Something tells me that ANet purposely did this as a trial run to see if they can get away with selling reskins of grindy skins i.e. cultural armors, legendaries. Thankfully, seems like the backlash was strong enough to counteract this… for now.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Cinicus.6271

Cinicus.6271

thanks Anet, it seems fair from my point of view, good job.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Silas.8630

The part where you take something away that people wanted enough to invest time and money into and they are left with nothing but a bad experience? People made a purchase of something that they like and enjoy. How hard is it to understand that taking that away and leaving them without what they purchased and enjoy isn’t fair?

Unless they get something else that they would rather have, they’re being treated unfairly. The gold/money they spent is obviously not what they would rather have, otherwise they wouldn’t have exchanged it for the item. ANet can’t give back the time at all. And there is no magic way to give everyone who purchased the new skin each something they would rather have for the amount of time/money/gold they invested.

So what I’m gathering from your posts is that the weeks or months other players spent gathering gold to buy a unique item they could enjoy mean kitten all, but somehow the 45 seconds you spent entering your credit card info are sacred? Understood, and moving on since clearly you’re too obtuse to see the other side of the argument.

SBI
[DR]

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: TFeldt.4560

TFeldt.4560

I’ve bought two copies of the light armor, and one medium (which I somewhat regret, but no matter). I’m fine if they reskin it, even though I think this entire debate is somewhat silly. Didn’t even buy it for any of my human chars since I know they’ll get the regular t3 cultural (which looks just as great as it did before the flame version was released), I just really wanted it for my norn and sylvari since I’m not too fond of their t3 armors.

But if they do reskin it and it turns ugly (which there’s a good chance of happening unfortunately) then I certainly hope they refund me the original skins that I overwrote with this version of the light flame armor in addition to the gems. If they just revert my skinned items to the original state then it’ll be bloody badge of honor default exotics. That isn’t the skin I overwrote to get the flame skin. Nor will I be happy if they just refund me the gems and leave me with a new skin that I don’t like.

Long story short;
I either want this version of the skin, which is the one I bought because it looks great, or the original skins and gems back if I’m not happy with the new skin. I would ask for my darn money back but I’m guessing they’ll just tell me I bought gems for the money so there’s no real point in even trying that. Which is true I suppose, but I bought those 2400 gems specifically to buy these 3 skins.

I want confirmation on this if any arenanet employee is reading this thread.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Araleg.3152

Araleg.3152

Cant say im pleased, but i understand the reasoning behind this…

I bought this armor skin because it looked like T3 with extra visuals. I never saw the problem as i do not consider 100g sets to be all that special and honestly quite dull, i can buy them in the truck loads anyway. So i proceeded to transfer 300g into gems just to buy 5 more of these BL sets for alts, the added effects just made the armor look nice so i thought why not… no problem there.

I then log in today to find out that it was all for nothing and that im now stuck with the gems i no longer require and a set ill likly have to get refunded. Not happy but i can live with it and after reading everyones opinions on this matter i geuss i agree that the removal of this item was probably right thing to do, although a little too late.

Now my concern here is the integirty of the BL as a whole and those who had made gem purchases for the sole purpose of buying this set, will they see cash refunds? After all their very purchase was influenced by the advertisment of a product that will no longer exist.

“Wait sir i know you ordered that Deluxe meal for £20 but here have these chips instead, if you dont want them well here take some store credit. By the way that Deluxe meal you wanted…yeah were not selling it ever again, but hey heres some chips you can buy with your credit”.

Poor anolgy (i tried) but this has planted alot of doubt in my future BL purchases…

(edited by Araleg.3152)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: TFeldt.4560

TFeldt.4560

“Wait sir i know you ordered that Deluxe meal for £20 but here have these chips instead, if you dont want them well here take some store credit. By the way that Deluxe meal you wanted…yeah were not selling it ever again, but hey heres some chips you can buy with your credit”.

Poor anolgy (i tried) but this has planted alot of doubt in my future BL purchases…

It actually isn’t a poor analogy, it’s exactly what might happen. If I lose my original appearance, get stuck with two skins I don’t like the look of and get refunded 1600 gems that I have nothing to spend on then I’ll not be a happy camper. The other light skins look, as you put it, like chips compared to the deluxe meal.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Hot Boy.7138

Hot Boy.7138

I already bought a bunch of dyes and used a total makeover kit to make this flamekissed set work on my sylvari….

I like the set the way it is and I’m sad to hear it’s going to be changed. For everyone that already purchased the set, we should have the option to keep it as it is, or change if ONLY if we want to. I don’t want a refund, I like my new look and I’d like to keep it. Being forced to update to the new art isn’t a good way to treat the people who love set and already adjusted their characters to look good in it.

For people that already bought the set, the options should be:
1) Keep it the way it is, or
2) Update to the new art, or
3) Refund gems.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Cliff.8679

Hot Boy, I think you’ve missed the point of why they’re changing it. What you’re essentially asking for at this point is an optional upgrade to a new version that you like better down the line, with nothing else changing if you don’t.

This armor simply cannot exist as it does now, because it completely undermines something that a very large portion of the playerbase worked hard for since the game’s release, as well as undermining the entire concept of racial armors.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Thelgar.7214

So what I’m gathering from your posts is that the weeks or months other players spent gathering gold to buy a unique item they could enjoy mean kitten all, but somehow the 45 seconds you spent entering your credit card info are sacred? Understood, and moving on since clearly you’re too obtuse to see the other side of the argument.

Back to the ad hominem attacks and disingenuous reframing of my position, hunh?

I never said that people didn’t have a right to their complaint. I’ve even said to enjoy having what you wanted after the decision was made. But, the proposed solution, the the one ANet has settled upon, isn’t fair to those who are having something they like being taken away from them without fair compensation (unless they miraculously pull off a fantastic skin that appeals to all the people that bought the first one).

in Black Lion Trading Co

Cliff.8679

But, the proposed solution, the the one ANet has settled upon, isn’t fair to those who are having something they like being taken away from them without fair compensation (unless they miraculously pull off a fantastic skin that appeals to all the people that bought the first one).

The nature of this mishap inherently was going to result in things being unfair for one side of the argument. This was a no-win situation, and their solution is the best possible damage control they’re likely capable of.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Many of us find the concept of cultural armor ridiculous. Many of us prefer choice and choice is extremely limited in game. Especially when the art department has a very quirky sense of style.

For those whom already own the T3, they bought it because they liked it. All that I see in these complaints are spoiled individuals wanting to deny others. It’s as simple as that. You have and you don’t want anyone else to have it too. There’s words for people like that….

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Doctor Drew.4613

Doctor Drew.4613

So I hear that Anet is replacing the light armor with something else. I understand why they don’t want the armor to be the same as the T3 Human armor, and I’m not complaining about that… however, after purchasing it I noticed that the few pieces of T3 armor I already had were now redundant, and transmogged over them. I figured if they look the exact same, who cares if I keep one around for future transmogs?

But now they are changing it, and we can get a refund if we don’t like the skin, but holy hell that was about 60g I will have just lost! Do I get a refund on THAT? I’m rather doubtful since Anet has made it clear to me when I accidentally transmogged over my Aetherblade Chestpiece that they do not replace lost items no matter what. Are they about to screw me over and then say ‘sorry, looks like you’ll just have to re-buy it all over!’?

It doesn’t really help that the other two designs are ALSO just lazy reskins, so I’m not particularly optimistic about what this will turn into. What I’d like to see is a NEW design, and then you can change how the other two look as well.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Cliff.8679

Many of us find the concept of cultural armor ridiculous. Many of us prefer choice and choice is extremely limited in game. Especially when the art department has a very quirky sense of style.

For those whom already own the T3, they bought it because they liked it. All that I see in these complaints are spoiled individuals wanting to deny others. It’s as simple as that. You have and you don’t want anyone else to have it too. There’s words for people like that….

If you have a problem with the concept of racial armors, that’s another issue entirely. If that’s something they’re ever going to change, it shouldn’t be done through the gem store and it certainly shouldn’t be done for only a single race and armor class.

It’s not about people being selfish, it’s about preserving integrity.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: DonkeyPunch.5386

DonkeyPunch.5386

Back to the ad hominem attacks and disingenuous reframing of my position, hunh?

I never said that people didn’t have a right to their complaint. I’ve even said to enjoy having what you wanted after the decision was made. But, the proposed solution, the the one ANet has settled upon, isn’t fair to those who are having something they like being taken away from them without fair compensation (unless they miraculously pull off a fantastic skin that appeals to all the people that bought the first one).

And how would it be fair to the people, like myself, who waited until today to buy the light armor skins. I bought the gems as soon as I signed on today for the sole purpose of buying those specific skins (before I noticed they weren’t there). So why should those of you who rushed to purchase them get the privilege to keep them, when those of us who took our time (thinking they would still be there) get shafted?

The way they’re doing this is the only rational solution. Everyone can cry all they want, but they’re going about this the right way.