Jade Weapons AGAIN, really ANet?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Bad Element.4613

Bad Element.4613

Whats up with all the rehashing of old skins? Basically the only EXCLUSIVE skin left in the game is the Mad King’s Memories. Seriously, you guys couldnt even recolour them to be amber weapons or something?? As (a former) collector of skins, Im really starting to wonder if you guys have any fresh ideas. Bringing back limited-time skins like Fused Gauntlet etc was a slap in the face to those of us that actually put in the time to get them when they had a glimmer of prestige attached to them. Its seriously sad to think that people are going to be dropping money to get these third-time’s-a-charm jade skins.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

The Jade weapons were never exclusive, so I don’t see the issue with bringing them back. They were available on the TP as well as still being able to get tickets from Dragon Coffers which were also on the TP. In fact, last time I checked the Jade weapons were actually the cheapest event set to buy off the TP because of that fact.

It does seem like somewhat “filler” to bring back the Jade Skins for BL tickets considering those facts, but that may have been the exact intention. Bring the Jade weapons back to buy time between the last new weapon set (Phoenix) and the next one, which will probably come next week when the Jade skins go off “introduction price” I would guess.

As for bringing back other exclusive skins… it was probably done mainly for the benefit of the Chinese players who missed the chance to get any of those skins the first time around on account of the game just being released and all.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Bad Element.4613

Bad Element.4613

Ok, that is a good point I overlooked China& concerning the living story rewards. Fair is fair, I suppose.

Jade Weapons returning is still disappointing and makes me feel ANet is getting lazy. Again, a reskin to Amber would have at least fit in with the current LS. Sigh..

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ZilentNight.5089

ZilentNight.5089

Not everyone has played since launch and the newer players should get a chance at acquiring all skins that are available in the wardrobe, even if it means they now have to pay 10 times the cost vs when they were previously released.
Nothing will discourage new players more than coming into the game and noticing there is absolutely no way to acquire these items.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Crossplay.2067

Crossplay.2067

I don’t even understand what you’re upset about. I can’t remember the last time I’ve seen someone with a Jade weapon and this includes them being more readily available. If you want to feel like a special snowflake, you should encourage Anet to allow us to craft our own weapons based on the skins and particle effects available instead of worrying about this. In my opinion, reskinning them to be a different color would be lazy. That effort would be better spent coming up with completely different skins.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ZilentNight.5089

ZilentNight.5089

Every item in the wardrobe should be available one way or the other, including Mad Memories complete edition.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

This is why I unloaded all my Jade Tickets before the weapon prices dropped. In time, I’ll unload my Tormented as well.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

This is why I unloaded all my Jade Tickets before the weapon prices dropped. In time, I’ll unload my Tormented as well.

So you like to eject your load on people huh? Interesting.

The Jade items will appeal to the chinese fan base no doubt. Personally, I hope they bring back those Sunless Wings. I missed out on getting them the first time because I was too busy to play during that time.

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee

in Black Lion Trading Co

Smooth Penguin.5294

I only unload my goods when the timing is right. If I know prices are falling, I need to act fast so I get the most Gold. If there are people willing to take it, I give it to them. Though I do admit that sometimes I do it so fast, that I make mistakes and unload the wrong goods. That leaves me embarrassed and feeling shameful.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Crovax.7854

Crovax.7854

I only unload my goods when the timing is right. If I know prices are falling, I need to act fast so I get the most Gold. If there are people willing to take it, I give it to them. Though I do admit that sometimes I do it so fast, that I make mistakes and unload the wrong goods. That leaves me embarrassed and feeling shameful.

So… um, if someone wanted to get a shield skin as cheap as possible, when would be the best time to buy one? :>

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

I was surprised anet brought the dragon jade weapon skins back because it had been so long. Although I wasn’t surprised at how they were re-released as a black lion claim ticket thing instead, being as all the other holiday events usually followed that suit.

Either way I think it’s good. Not that I’m interested in the skins personally, but hey, different strokes for different folks!

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

in Black Lion Trading Co

Smooth Penguin.5294

So… um, if someone wanted to get a shield skin as cheap as possible, when would be the best time to buy one? :>

With the current pattern we see on the market, the best time would be in the middle of when an event item is released. For instance, if a limited edition item is released during a 1 month LS arc, wait for two weeks before placing an order. Items are usually high priced when they first come out, and high priced towards the end of an event due to speculations.

But if they re-release an item (i.e. Monocle), then you’re out of luck if the prices drop after you made a purchase.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Crovax.7854

Crovax.7854

With the current pattern we see on the market, the best time would be in the middle of when an event item is released. For instance, if a limited edition item is released during a 1 month LS arc, wait for two weeks before placing an order. Items are usually high priced when they first come out, and high priced towards the end of an event due to speculations.

But if they re-release an item (i.e. Monocle), then you’re out of luck if the prices drop after you made a purchase.

Yeah but isn’t it also true that at the end of an event the prices go down massively again due to people dumping their supplies?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Smooth Penguin.5294

Yeah but isn’t it also true that at the end of an event the prices go down massively again due to people dumping their supplies?

Yes and no. Take the Chaos of Lyssa for example. Prices were high due to limited supply, dropped when Anet increase the supply, and raised again after the event was over (since they wouldn’t drop anymore). Some items do drop in value and stay low, like the Lovestruck weapon skins.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

To add to what Smooth said, you also need to take into account the desirability of the items themselves. The Lovestruck weapons likely never saw the popularity of the other weapon skins since a lot of male players will see these weapons as “uncool” or “girly”. (There’s a reason why dark, evil or flame-themed weapons seem to be so common. It’s what the majority of players like using.) Thus, demand for them is a lot lower.

I feel that the Chaos of Lyssa recipe is actually overvalued, since it’s a recipe, not a final item; even after purchasing one, you’d still need to shell out 15 Damask + extras to craft the final piece. Most buyers now are probably just speculators selling to each other. It’s likely that it will also be returning the next time the Gauntlet returns. There’s still profit to be made in speculating on it until such a time, but it’s an extremely risky item to invest in now.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ashandar.2570

Ashandar.2570

I don’t even understand what you’re upset about. I can’t remember the last time I’ve seen someone with a Jade weapon and this includes them being more readily available. If you want to feel like a special snowflake, you should encourage Anet to allow us to craft our own weapons based on the skins and particle effects available instead of worrying about this. In my opinion, reskinning them to be a different color would be lazy. That effort would be better spent coming up with completely different skins.

Getting new skins is cool. Getting the ability to dye existing weapon skins, now that I’d pay real money for!

In due time, all will serve the asura.