Karma converting to Gold, what is the margin?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: House Calls.7641

House Calls.7641

Pretty much what the topic says. There a quite a few ways to convert karma to gold in the game but i was curious to know how you do it and what the conversion rate is? Is it worth it?

Charr Ger (Ranger OCAU)
Infantryman (Warrior OCAU)
Crystal Desert

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Depends entirely on the market.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: House Calls.7641

House Calls.7641

Okay what about a smaller timeframe like today? Is 500 karma for 5 silver a nice trade?

Charr Ger (Ranger OCAU)
Infantryman (Warrior OCAU)
Crystal Desert

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

with orrian boxes, it’s about 30,000 karma → 1g
from that, it would be 1,500 karma → 5s
so 500 karma for 5s isn’t bad at all
There are chef recipes that probably give better returns (things like buy a banana for 3 karma, mix with something you bought for 1s, sell for 2s)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Charming Rogue.8071

Charming Rogue.8071

Desolation – EU – [KING] – Immortal Kingdom

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: CrazyDuck.4610

CrazyDuck.4610

I hate you, GG ruined the market.

YouWish – Guard
DragonBrand – [Agg] Aggression

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

Doesn’t look like ruined to me:

http://www.gw2spidy.com/item/19743

One – Piken Square

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

The best return on karma is probably crafting a legendary and selling it.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

Probably not. Actually, definitely not.

One – Piken Square

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Right now I’m seeing 1:1 Karma to copper.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Pie Flavor.1647

Pie Flavor.1647

you mean, spending 2000g to get 2500g? I think with 1 million karma, 240 skill points and 500 badges of honor I can get much more than 500g

And I am become kitten, the destroyer of kittens

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

you mean, spending 2000g to get 2500g? I think with 1 million karma, 240 skill points and 500 badges of honor I can get much more than 500g

You forgot the dungeon tokens…

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

in Black Lion Trading Co

ZudetGambeous.9573

Well yeah if you want to just make up numbers then sure…

I mean spending 2000g: http://gw2legendary.com/

To sell for 3300g : http://www.gw2spidy.com/search/bifrost?recipes=0

That’s 803g profit. Assuming 50s per SP that’s 683g left and you only need ~686,000 karma for a legendary not a million, so that is almost exactly 1g per 1000 karma.

Nearly 10x better than the linen idea…

(this does depend on how you value map completion and dungeon tokens. But I have like 20 of those stupid gifts of exploration, and dungeon tokens are a dime a dozen unless they are arah.)

(edited by ZudetGambeous.9573)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: thehipone.6812

thehipone.6812

That’s 803g profit. Assuming 50s per SP that’s 683g left and you only need ~686,000 karma for a legendary not a million, so that is almost exactly 1g per 1000 karma.

(this does depend on how you value map completion and dungeon tokens. But I have like 20 of those stupid gifts of exploration, and dungeon tokens are a dime a dozen unless they are arah.)

gw2legendary.com assumes a 100% strike rate for clovers. On average you’ll need about 480k karma for the clovers and another 525k for the gift of mastery, so the 1 million is pretty close. You’ll also need about 90 more skill points and 60 more gold worth of ectos & mystic coins than the numbers listed there.

I was interested in this exact calculation of the non-purchaseable components of a legendary and ran a spreadsheet yesterday. The numbers when I ran it were 3299 sell price, 2083 cost + 60g extra ectos not included in costs =633 g profit after tp tax.

So 633g profit – 50s * 341 skill pts = 463 g.
463g = 46300 silver / 1 million =0.046 silver per karma or 46 silver/1000 karma.
Assuming the remaining components are worthless.

Interestingly, The Minstrel had the highest profit at 667g. Bifrost was 2nd highest at 633., dreamer a close 3rd at 620. The next cluster was jugg, twi, pred, ffang, incin, fsp, kamowhatever and meteor at about 540-575g. Kudzu, rodgort, sunrise, quip in the 450 range. Howler and bolt at about 340g. Frenzy, moot and kraitkin were the lowest at 230 – 260 g profit. Markets move, so take this as you will.

ed:fixed per post below

(edited by thehipone.6812)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Charming Rogue.8071

Charming Rogue.8071

I hate you, GG ruined the market.

Good. Bolts of damask need to go down in price. They cost way too much now.

Desolation – EU – [KING] – Immortal Kingdom

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Pie Flavor.1647

Pie Flavor.1647

463g = 46300 silver / 1 million =0.046 silver per karma or 46 silver/1000 karma.

fixed that for you

and all of this assuming your time is worthless, because you like it or not, you cannot go from 1% to 100% world completion in under 10 seconds

And I am become kitten, the destroyer of kittens

(edited by Pie Flavor.1647)

in Black Lion Trading Co

ZudetGambeous.9573

gw2legendary.com assumes a 100% strike rate for clovers. On average you’ll need about 480k karma for the clovers and another 525k for the gift of mastery, so the 1 million is pretty close. You’ll also need about 90 more skill points and 60 more gold worth of ectos & mystic coins than the numbers listed there.

I was interested in this exact calculation of the non-purchaseable components of a legendary and ran a spreadsheet yesterday. The numbers when I ran it were 3299 sell price, 2083 cost + 60g extra ectos not included in costs =633 g profit after tp tax.

So 633g profit – 50s * 341 skill pts = 463 g.
Assuming the remaining components are worthless.

Interestingly, The Minstrel had the highest profit at 667g. Bifrost was 2nd highest at 633., dreamer a close 3rd at 620. The next cluster was jugg, twi, pred, ffang, incin, fsp, kamowhatever and meteor at about 540-575g. Kudzu, rodgort, sunrise, quip in the 450 range. Howler and bolt at about 340g. Frenzy, moot and kraitkin were the lowest at 230 – 260 g profit. Markets move, so take this as you will.

ed:fixed per post below

Interesting. I wonder why they assume 100% for clovers.. that is misleading…

42s/1000 isn’t bad but not great either, and as others have pointed out you still need the map completion.

With karma sources drying up and gold sources becoming more abundant I would personally say to just hold the karma for things you need instead of converting it to gold.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Psychol.5783

Psychol.5783

Out of curiosity, besides of that bannable way of converting karma to gold in the past by buying super cheap weapons was there any better way of converting in the past?

With karma sources drying up and gold sources becoming more abundant I would personally say to just hold the karma for things you need instead of converting it to gold.

I’m not sure but I think you can now farm more karma than in the past thanks to Tequatl and Edge of the Mists plus karma can share fate with glory and could be removed or ways of any convert to gold could be nerfed.

I wonder if there’s any secret way of converting karma for even better profit but how complex that game could be?

(edited by Psychol.5783)