Mini Wardrobe Impact on Prices

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I recorded the approximate sale value of each official set of miniatures last night (before the blog post) and again today less than three hours later. Here are the results:

• Set 1: 280g -> 944g, ?330%
  • Set 2: 92g -> 318g, ?345%
  • Set 3: 336g -> 1,192g, ?354%

(I’m sure those numbers will have changed by the time anyone is reading this.)

Of course, I had just last month finished selling off the last of my Set 1 exotics (at a loss) and all of my Set 3 minis (at no loss), so… whelp, wish I had held on to them instead of being “efficient.”

(For the record, I think this the new feature is a fantastic quality of life change and I’m okay with its drastic impact on the market, even if it means I lost the opportunity to clear over 1,000-2,000g.)

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

ahahahahahahahahaha

kitten , don’t we love greed?

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

As nice a QOL change as it is to minis, the fact that minis get destroyed to unlock them, considering their already considerable value, is terrible. Countless minis will be absolutely unattainable by new players as a result of this change.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

As nice a QOL change as it is to minis, the fact that minis get destroyed to unlock them, considering their already considerable value, is terrible. Countless minis will be absolutely unattainable by new players as a result of this change.

It’s a huge booty money grab by Anet. Set 1 is unobtainable unless they release it, which they will do soon™ and players will be buying them to get the new titles, old titles, and unlocks or to sell them for gold because they’re no longer attainable.

Annnnd the only way to get any of the mini sets is through the gem store…

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

why did you record the price last night before the blog post?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Forest Grub sold for 50g, bonkers.

Attachments:

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Lol. I cleared out my mini pet inventory about a week ago. Got rid of all the ones I don’t use regularly. Oh well.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Good thing I have an almost complete collection of minis (Llama and mystical dragon I am looking at you)

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ChrasheR.4923

ChrasheR.4923

why did you record the price last night before the blog post?

Why do you think he did?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Morte.5916

Morte.5916

I bought an Orrian Wraith for my necro last week, my first deliberate minipet acquisition, for 20.5g on a buy order. Sell orders are about 65g now.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: cheshirefox.7026

cheshirefox.7026

i remember when i was doing my mini collector thing and a week or so later all the prices dropped by like 400%.. never underestimate the marrying of arena net’s whim and the dregs of the player community to make tyrian life a total pain sometimes

i can outswim a centaur!
when i’m done on an issue
i start talking in nerglish

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

The mini collector buyers continue to be the one group I simply do not understand.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

The mini collector buyers continue to be the one group I simply do not understand.

Me neither, and I’m one of them XD.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Eggman.1405

Eggman.1405

Lol. I cleared out my mini pet inventory about a week ago. Got rid of all the ones I don’t use regularly. Oh well.

Don’t they all just sit in the bank safely? Why would they need to be cleared out?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: papry.8096

papry.8096

Finally I can use my Mini collection & these duplicate exo will be a nice money entry.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Charming Rogue.8071

Charming Rogue.8071

“New achievements will also now be available for completing Wardrobe account unlocks for the series 1, 2, and 3 minis.”

When you already have all the AP for those mini sets, will you unlock them retroactively? Because I’m sure not I’m alone when I say that I have sold all my mini’s after I unlocked the achievements related to them.

Desolation – EU – [KING] – Immortal Kingdom

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Psientist.6437

Psientist.6437

“New achievements will also now be available for completing Wardrobe account unlocks for the series 1, 2, and 3 minis.”

When you already have all the AP for those mini sets, will you unlock them retroactively? Because I’m sure not I’m alone when I say that I have sold all my mini’s after I unlocked the achievements related to them.

From what I understand from the blog entry, ‘account unlocks’ require you to have the mini in your inventory. Please take deep breaths.

On a personal note, sure wish I had held on to those mini yellow moas…..

“No! You can’t eat the ones that talk!
They’re special! They got aspirations.”
Finn the human

(edited by Psientist.6437)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: mage.3570

mage.3570

I’m one of the mini-pet tycoons on the GW2 NA server. That said, I had invested over 5k gold in various minipets (mainly set 1) over the last one year. They have been sitting on the TP all this time, but today morning I got a nice surprise. I found out that I had sold 3.8k worth of minis (after taxes), and I still have more that needs to go! Suffice to say, I’m delighted by this update.

Been there, done that. What’s next?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Psientist.6437

I think mini collectors are simply very sociable people and like the company and/or enjoy overcoming Herculean challenges.

Finn the human

in Black Lion Trading Co

Astral Projections.7320

Don’t they all just sit in the bank safely? Why would they need to be cleared out?

Yeah. Needed the money. I wanted a 730 gold purchase (a permanent bank access) and sold off inventory, including minis I never used, to get enough. I didn’t want to sell the extra crafting mats I have in case they bring cooking and jewelry to level 500.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

This price leap makes no sense to me. It’s just like the dye news back in March. If minis unlock account wide I would have expected a flood of duplicates boosting supply. And like dyes I expect a price crash right after the patch hits.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

in Black Lion Trading Co

Astral Projections.7320

Imo the price leap is from people buying up the cheap ones for later resale, exposing old prices from back when the mini first came out. People left the old prices up and never pulled and relisted those minis, they forgot about them or stopped playing long ago.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: papry.8096

papry.8096

Imo the price leap is from people buying up the cheap ones for later resale, exposing old prices from back when the mini first came out. People left the old prices up and never pulled and relisted those minis, they forgot about them or stopped playing long ago.

Well The mini karka disagree.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

I cant wait to destroy my 1700g Karka to make it account bound

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

I wonder if I should log on to sell…

maybe not, I just don’t care.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Labjax.2465

Labjax.2465

Lot of people gonna be makin’ baaaaaank.

Or words to that effect.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Psientist.6437

I cant wait to destroy my 1700g Karka to make it account bound

We need finishing moves specific to destroying minis or mini specific cries of anguish…
wow that’s dark, I need to go eat a Snickers

Finn the human

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Filaha.1678

Filaha.1678

This price leap makes no sense to me. It’s just like the dye news back in March. If minis unlock account wide I would have expected a flood of duplicates boosting supply. And like dyes I expect a price crash right after the patch hits.

This is dissimilar to the dye situation, though.

Dyes used to be learned per character and were therefore removed from the supply when used. If someone wanted Abyss Dye on multiple characters, they had to buy multiple Abyss Dyes. When dyes became account-wide, everyone who had duplicate dyes on multiple characters got unid dyes in refund, which resulted in a veritable flood of available supply. My account alone resulted in several hundred fresh dyes for the TP.

Minis aren’t bound except those which are bound anyways, and even then they’re account bound. If someone wants to run around with a bikini Kasmeer on 5 characters, they only really need the one, depositing it in the bank and pulling it out on which character they’re playing. Since they’re not bound or removed from supply for having duplicates, there won’t be “new” minis being created to flood the market. There will only be as much supply as there ever was.

I’d wager far more people had duplicate, triplicate, quadruplicate, or even higher dyes pre-account-wide dyes than have duplicate, triplicate, etc. minis. Presumably the people buying them up now will, if not flip them immediately, hold on to them until the supply dwindles because people are removing them for achievements or convenience.

@general topic: I hope they do one of two things with the achievements: Either retroactively unlock them if you had the previous unlocked (doubtful, unless you didn’t re-gain AP for unlocking them) or treat them like the clothing wardrobe in that you only need X amount of minis in total, rather than “Complete sets”. So basically, like how the current wardrobe achievements are “Unlock 1000 skins” rather than “unlock 100 Light armor skins/medium armor skins/heavy armor skins/swords/greatswords”. So that way people who got gem store minis can count those towards the achievements instead of needing to specifically get each set complete (especially for those of us who got the current achievements and then sold or otherwise got rid of minis they didn’t want or need any more).

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Greyhawks Destroyer.1932

Greyhawks Destroyer.1932

those that have the AP from mini pets will not have all of them unlocked, you have to DESTROY the mini pet to account bound them

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

meh, I just logon, thought i can sell my 7 mini forest grub for 50 gold, and price crash back to 5 gold.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Behellagh.1468

meh, I just logon, thought i can sell my 7 mini forest grub for 50 gold, and price crash back to 5 gold.

But it was 1.25g before the surge. The highest the bid got was 4.5g. We all should know by now that when supply gets very low the asking price gets ridiculous but bids tend to be a bit more rational.

RIP City of Heroes

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

I’m one of the mini-pet tycoons on the GW2 NA server. That said, I had invested over 5k gold in various minipets (mainly set 1) over the last one year. They have been sitting on the TP all this time, but today morning I got a nice surprise. I found out that I had sold 3.8k worth of minis (after taxes), and I still have more that needs to go! Suffice to say, I’m delighted by this update.

Tycoons that dont know that a NA server regarding the TP doesnt exist, arent tycoons.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

those that have the AP from mini pets will not have all of them unlocked, you have to DESTROY the mini pet to account bound them

^^

in Black Lion Trading Co

Behellagh.1468

Dyes used to be learned per character and were therefore removed from the supply when used. If someone wanted Abyss Dye on multiple characters, they had to buy multiple Abyss Dyes. When dyes became account-wide, everyone who had duplicate dyes on multiple characters got unid dyes in refund, which resulted in a veritable flood of available supply. My account alone resulted in several hundred fresh dyes for the TP.

Minis aren’t bound except those which are bound anyways, and even then they’re account bound. If someone wants to run around with a bikini Kasmeer on 5 characters, they only really need the one, depositing it in the bank and pulling it out on which character they’re playing. Since they’re not bound or removed from supply for having duplicates, there won’t be “new” minis being created to flood the market. There will only be as much supply as there ever was.

I’d wager far more people had duplicate, triplicate, quadruplicate, or even higher dyes pre-account-wide dyes than have duplicate, triplicate, etc. minis. Presumably the people buying them up now will, if not flip them immediately, hold on to them until the supply dwindles because people are removing them for achievements or convenience.

@general topic: I hope they do one of two things with the achievements: Either retroactively unlock them if you had the previous unlocked (doubtful, unless you didn’t re-gain AP for unlocking them) or treat them like the clothing wardrobe in that you only need X amount of minis in total, rather than “Complete sets”. So basically, like how the current wardrobe achievements are “Unlock 1000 skins” rather than “unlock 100 Light armor skins/medium armor skins/heavy armor skins/swords/greatswords”. So that way people who got gem store minis can count those towards the achievements instead of needing to specifically get each set complete (especially for those of us who got the current achievements and then sold or otherwise got rid of minis they didn’t want or need any more).

Not as I see it. Once unlocked across accounts you can have more that one character use it, like dyes. Like dyes, once the new feature was announced, there was a massive surge in prices on the TP due to supply being bought out. Now a few hours later prices are returning to more reasonable levels but still noticeably higher than pre-announcement. The question is will they plummet after the patch hits like dyes did.

Sure everybody got a pile of unidyes and those, identified or not could have flooded the market but the immediate uptick in supply compared to pre-announcement wasn’t all that much yet some prices were 1/10th the pre-announcement price and 1/20th of the inflated price between the announcement and the patch.

RIP City of Heroes

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Giotto.2607

Giotto.2607

well I dont think so, because dye can actually be reproduce, but minis can not. the only way you can get is buy from TP. As long as they doesn’t get over gem price, not gonna down a lot. Also some of them such as mini karka even out of print. That means the price would never go down, just like another example of Ghastly Skin.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

“Double-clicking a mini still works the same way. You can summon and unsummon any mini in your inventory. This does not unlock the mini for your account, however, and does not fully equip the mini. It’s just an easy way to see something in the world before you choose to unlock it.”
It sounds like minis can work the old way, or you can choose to account-bind them and use them on all characters permanently.
you’ll probably need to bind them to get the achievement, which I feel is what most people buy the expensive ones for.

in Black Lion Trading Co

KOPPER.1458

@CrashR because he said that he recorded them before the blog post. I was wondering why.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I am SO glad that I’m not a miniature collector. XD

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

Not as I see it. Once unlocked across accounts you can have more that one character use it, like dyes. Like dyes, once the new feature was announced, there was a massive surge in prices on the TP due to supply being bought out. Now a few hours later prices are returning to more reasonable levels but still noticeably higher than pre-announcement. The question is will they plummet after the patch hits like dyes did.

Sure everybody got a pile of unidyes and those, identified or not could have flooded the market but the immediate uptick in supply compared to pre-announcement wasn’t all that much yet some prices were 1/10th the pre-announcement price and 1/20th of the inflated price between the announcement and the patch.

The dye situation was completely different.
Last feature patch, nearly every character in game had more dyes unlocked through the account bound feature and millions of extra unids got rewarded to players, so they flooded the market.
The whole Mini Supply in game has bee ntradeable until now, they would only been taken off the market, if people left the game or they got forged.
With this feature patch, no doubt, alot of people will bind their minis to their account, sucking a huge pile of supply off the market. I think the bit of speculation we saw yesterday is nothing compared to price increase over time we will see after the feature patch.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Talonblaze.3175

Talonblaze.3175

The difference between Dyes and Minis for those that might be wondering;

Dyes;
Got a surge of supply from duplicates during the last feature patch.
Obtainable from;
-Gem Store
-Crafting
-Laurels
-Trading Post

Miniatures;
No extra supply from duplicates.
Series 1-3 Obtainable only through Gem Store.
Others usually from Special Events
Trading Post (For ones not Account Bound)

Unlike the Dyes supply, the minis are ONLY supplemented and supplied through Gem Store purchases in order to keep up their stock, with the exception of a few minis for certain events. Thus, the demand will almost always be higher than the supply, especially given the case of the series sets usually being rotated on being available through the gem store.

Duty is heavier than death.

in Black Lion Trading Co

KOPPER.1458

especially for the more rare ones. I am missing so many time limited ones now (I am looking at you wintersday 1 RNG Minis) that I don’t care that much anymore sadly. I do love minis, and I think this is a good QoL change for them but I really want them to do something. Been praying for polymock for a long time but somehow doubt we’ll see it.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Hmm, good point KOPPER. I’d love to see Polymock get introduced as a new activity, but with minis now being a fairly hard to acquire commodity, the odds of them being used as polymock pieces is low indeed.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: gobax.6185

gobax.6185

Minis are a luxury item. It makes no sense if supply gets higher than demand. This is for those people who literally has everything and have nothing to spend on anymore.

So yeah expect the price to go up

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

I am SO glad that I’m not a miniature collector. XD

I’m so glad that i don’t care about any mini except my cute little Frostbite and i really
wished i could use him on more than one character when i bought him

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: bri.2359

bri.2359

I’d wager far more people had duplicate, triplicate, quadruplicate, or even higher dyes pre-account-wide dyes than have duplicate, triplicate, etc. minis.

My 37 mini Priests of Balthazar say ‘hello’ …
Meanwhile, the highest number of the same dye I had character bound was 5 …

I sold 2 mini Tequatls for just under 25g each last night at the peak, so I was happy. I still have 1 more to sell, but prices are dropping now ..

Lvl 80’s: Ranger; Guardian; Mesmer; Necromancer; Thief
Gandara Megaserver

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

I’d wager far more people had duplicate, triplicate, quadruplicate, or even higher dyes pre-account-wide dyes than have duplicate, triplicate, etc. minis.

My 37 mini Priests of Balthazar say ‘hello’ …
Meanwhile, the highest number of the same dye I had character bound was 5 …

I sold 2 mini Tequatls for just under 25g each last night at the peak, so I was happy. I still have 1 more to sell, but prices are dropping now ..

The priest is account bound, so not tradeable.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Goatjugsoup.8637

Goatjugsoup.8637

~gotta catch em all pokemon (mini pets) ~

Most wanted in game additions: Beastiary, readable books

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

They’ll go down again. I bought Mini Seraph Mage at 40 silver yesterday afternoon, sold it at 3 gold, and now it’s 1 gold. I’m guessing Mini Seraph Mage will be back down to 40 silver a few days after the feature pack, just like with what happened to dyes.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

They’ll go down again. I bought Mini Seraph Mage at 40 silver yesterday afternoon, sold it at 3 gold, and now it’s 1 gold. I’m guessing Mini Seraph Mage will be back down to 40 silver a few days after the feature pack, just like with what happened to dyes.

Any particular reason why they should go down after the feature patch?
The price spike right now was just fueled by speculation, no minis have been destroyed yet (unless people forged them), so today there are more or less as much minis in game as yesterday. After the feature patch consumption by binding them to players wardrobes will set in, so why would the price go down?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

Any particular reason why they should go down after the feature patch?
The price spike right now was just fueled by speculation, no minis have been destroyed yet (unless people forged them), so today there are more or less as much minis in game as yesterday. After the feature patch consumption by binding them to players wardrobes will set in, so why would the price go down?

For the same reason dye prices went down. Any repeat minis will be sold off, traded, or given away. By then everyone will have the minis they want, and the demand will go back to what it was.