Mini Wardrobe Impact on Prices

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

They’ll go down again. I bought Mini Seraph Mage at 40 silver yesterday afternoon, sold it at 3 gold, and now it’s 1 gold. I’m guessing Mini Seraph Mage will be back down to 40 silver a few days after the feature pack, just like with what happened to dyes.

Any particular reason why they should go down after the feature patch?
The price spike right now was just fueled by speculation, no minis have been destroyed yet (unless people forged them), so today there are more or less as much minis in game as yesterday. After the feature patch consumption by binding them to players wardrobes will set in, so why would the price go down?

For the same reason dye prices went down. Any repeat minis will be sold off, traded, or given away. By then everyone will have the minis they want, and the demand will go back to what it was.

Cept, there’s ALOT of people who never bothered to collect mini’s or keep them (after the AP.)
THAT will change.
people now going for the new AP, will be forced to collect them. People who are now happy mini’s are actually easy to use, will start collecting them.

There is the fac that people with doubles are more likely to sell them now, but how many would that be compared to people who are going to start collecting?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

I know nobody who has duplicate minis stored everywhere, unlike Dyes where most people had at least a stack from refunds.

This is a totally different scenario, I just don’t forsee Minis being worthless again any time soon.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

“Cept, there’s ALOT of people who never bothered to collect mini’s or keep them (after the AP.)
THAT will change.”

It won’t change as much as you think. Especially with the prices of Mini, and the rare ones. Seen one for 1600g last night I think? For a Mini that does nothing? I dunno. Hardcore collectors and perhaps hardcore AP hunters will want to get these but how large is that group?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

They’ll go down again. I bought Mini Seraph Mage at 40 silver yesterday afternoon, sold it at 3 gold, and now it’s 1 gold. I’m guessing Mini Seraph Mage will be back down to 40 silver a few days after the feature pack, just like with what happened to dyes.

The price spike right now was just fueled by speculation, no minis have been destroyed yet (unless people forged them), so today there are more or less as much minis in game as yesterday. After the feature patch consumption by binding them to players wardrobes will set in, so why would the price go down?

For the same reason dye prices went down. Any repeat minis will be sold off, traded, or given away. By then everyone will have the minis they want, and the demand will go back to what it was.

Cept, there’s ALOT of people who never bothered to collect mini’s or keep them (after the AP.)
THAT will change.
people now going for the new AP, will be forced to collect them. People who are now happy mini’s are actually easy to use, will start collecting them.

There is the fac that people with doubles are more likely to sell them now, but how many would that be compared to people who are going to start collecting?

People will collect the minis they want, very few will collect all of the minis. A mini I sold yesterday for three gold is down to 99 silver, and buy orders are at 40 silver, the original price. Over time demand will be met, and it will be back to the old price.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Celestial.4381

Celestial.4381

THAT will change.

People will collect the minis they want, very few will collect all of the minis. A mini I sold yesterday for three gold is down to 99 silver, and buy orders are at 40 silver, the original price. Over time demand will be met, and it will be back to the old price.

Exactly what I was thinking. Minis that were always popular will continue to command high prices (in some cases, higher prices than they might have before). The less popular ones (e.g., the generic humanoid minis) won’t suddenly become more desireable for anyone but the hardcore mini collectors and AP completionists. If the average player didn’t want to be seen walking around with a little Seraph archer or Svanir warrior before now, the patch won’t change that.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Morsus.5106

THAT will change.

Exactly what I was thinking. Minis that were always popular will continue to command high prices (in some cases, higher prices than they might have before). The less popular ones (e.g., the generic humanoid minis) won’t suddenly become more desireable for anyone but the hardcore mini collectors and AP completionists. If the average player didn’t want to be seen walking around with a little Seraph archer or Svanir warrior before now, the patch won’t change that.

I’m sticking with my Liadri mini. Looks cool, and I feel like showing it off despite the fact everyone has one.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

THAT will change.

The big difference is that AP collectors had the chance to sell them until now, when they gotthe achievement. Wit hthe new system, they will destroy any mini they bind to their wardrobe, so they will go off the market, thats a huge sink.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ghost.3208

ghost.3208

Man I sure I am glad I bought the mini karka some time ago, who knows how many will be left now with people account binding them…

I’m probably one of them, hate the idea of wasting 1.7k gold but my collection :’(

Now Anet please bring back Foostivoo!!!

Gliradda – The Lil Death – Too Drunk to Aim
Guerreros de la Ultima Alianza [GDUA]
#TeamKiel #TeamPrecipice

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

THAT will change.

I’m sticking with my Liadri mini. Looks cool, and I feel like showing it off despite the fact everyone has one.

I hated how the food bug allowed everyone to pretty much get Liadri for free. It ruined an exclusive, skill-based mini that you could showcase. But now it’s common to carry.

It was my go-to mini to use because it was so rare to see. I guess I now have to bring my Mr. Sparkles out.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Morsus.5106

THAT will change.

I hated how the food bug allowed everyone to pretty much get Liadri for free. It ruined an exclusive, skill-based mini that you could showcase. But now it’s common to carry.

It was my go-to mini to use because it was so rare to see. I guess I now have to bring my Mr. Sparkles out.

I didn’t use the food bug, so I feel accomplished, but I wish ANet had fixed that bug. I may just use my Mini Twisted Nightmare since that’s the next best thing I own.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I hated how the food bug allowed everyone to pretty much get Liadri for free. It ruined an exclusive, skill-based mini that you could showcase.

Food bug? Everyone I know got Liadri legit (and I know some people still working on it.) I think one of the reasons you see more this year is:

• They made the achievement easier by improving the UI, including marionette-fight-like tells.
  • There were significantly better guides out this time.
  • Wait times weren’t as bad, except during peak hours.

So, I’m sure some of the minis out there were “un-earned,” but I doubt very much if the number is as large as suggested.

edit: kitten filter doesn’t like “big” in the context

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

(edited by Illconceived Was Na.9781)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

Man I sure I am glad I bought the mini karka some time ago, who knows how many will be left now with people account binding them…

I’m probably one of them, hate the idea of wasting 1.7k gold but my collection :’(

Somehow i fear that the Trading 2.0 blog post tomorrow might make items that are unobtainable right now (minis, recipes, skins etc.) available through npcs for a combination of gold/account bound currencies.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

Somehow i fear that the Trading 2.0 blog post tomorrow might make items that are unobtainable right now (minis, recipes, skins etc.) available through npcs for a combination of gold/account bound currencies.

Laurels + Gold fixes everything. Time gate and gold sink.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

I hope they include the timegated ascended materials. I’ve been hoarding them for awhile

in Black Lion Trading Co

Esplen.3940

I hope they include the timegated ascended materials. I’ve been hoarding them for awhile

Oh god, I have like 30 of all of the time-gated parts I still need to upgrade them, but I have no Dragonite so there’s no point. :/

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

How about not and you just delete them, same effect, right?

Actually, 2 days ago, the unthinkable happened to me, i ran out of bloodstone dust, while crafting mawdrey, while i still have 20-30 fragments and shards refined. I had to go EotM and farm that stuff, i guess I shouldnt have crafted those toxic nourishment every once in a while.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Morsus.5106

Actually, 2 days ago, the unthinkable happened to me, i ran out of bloodstone dust, while crafting mawdrey, while i still have 20-30 fragments and shards refined. I had to go EotM and farm that stuff, i guess I shouldnt have crafted those toxic nourishment every once in a while.

I deleted all my bloodstone dust, and then decided to start working on Mawdrey.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

See you in EotM, then!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Esplen.3940

See you in EotM, then!

I’ll be there on the 9th (or maybe later, since school is starting) on my level 2 Guardian who will be a Edgemander!

So excited to use my book of doritos. Not sure why I haven’t done it yet.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Yeah, I calculated that I still need 1500 Bloodstone Dust to finish off Mawdrey. Ever since reaching 450, I’ve been slowly refining Bloodstone Dust into Bricks (along with various other T7 mats) in a slow climb to 475. (I’ll need a LOT of T7 mats to fully outfit my 5 characters with Ascended gear, so none of this is being wasted.)

Now I have to remind myself to keep aside some of my Bloodstone Dust stockpile for Mawdrey and not just burn through it every day.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

Yeah, I calculated that I still need 1500 Bloodstone Dust to finish off Mawdrey. Ever since reaching 450, I’ve been slowly refining Bloodstone Dust into Bricks (along with various other T7 mats) in a slow climb to 475. (I’ll need a LOT of T7 mats to fully outfit my 5 characters with Ascended gear, so none of this is being wasted.)

Now I have to remind myself to keep aside some of my Bloodstone Dust stockpile for Mawdrey and not just burn through it every day.

1 Bloodstone Brick
1 Bloodstone Dust
1 Fine Essence of Luck
1 Mystic Coin

Forges into 100 Bloodstone Dust.

Ascended Mats are demotable.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Yeah, but why waste my Mystic Coins and Luck Essences when I still have a spare 5000 Bloodstone Dust on my mule?

For the record, I’m also up to 178 Bloodstone Bricks. I will need 203 for all my Ascended crafting, but I will craft 250 to account for any incidental craftings like the Spinal Blades or Mawdrey into the future.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

How did we get from discussing the increase in the price of minis to Mawbrey II and Bloodstone Dust? (rhetorical question — I saw how it happened).
--———————————-

The purpose of the post was to demonstrate the magnitude of the price jump. As some predicted, prices for set 1 are already dropping, but (different from those predictions) set 2 & 3 are still trending higher.

• Set 1: 280g -> 944g, → 657g ?234% (vs 330% in the first 3 hrs)
  • Set 2: 92g -> 318g, → 359g ?390% (vs 345%)
  • Set 3: 336g -> 1,192g, → 1,216 ?361% (vs 354%)

Someone asked why I happened to have tracked prices just before the announcement. I actually track them daily, using one of the popular 3rd party APIs, so it was just a matter of copying the data from day before and saving it in a separate column and then comparing it to today. I just got lucky that one of the things of interest to me happened to have been affected by the announcement (and was easy to report about).

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

in Black Lion Trading Co

Morsus.5106

1 Bloodstone Brick
1 Bloodstone Dust
1 Fine Essence of Luck
1 Mystic Coin

Forges into 100 Bloodstone Dust.

Ascended Mats are demotable.

Oh good, I had 17 bricks of bloodstone dust. Guess I don’t need to EotM farm then

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

Perpective:

Minipets WERE horrible investment. The only sink for Minipets was creating rare and exotic Minipets.

If you think about supply and Demand, the supply is always the same or increasing, and the demand is decreasing as people with money quit the game because Anet doesn’t introduce a new WvW map. In addition, there was no reason to keep Minipets. You could buy Minipets and then sell them immediately to get them back after the achievement.

In addition, anet periodically introduces new tradable Risen Knights/Scarlets/Caithes/Mai that depress the market for rare Minipets be making them cheaper. Somebody with no interest in Minipets, but opening BL chests for weapon skins, is depressing the market for Minipets.

In addition, discontinued minipet series continually go back on sale.

Thanks to this, every minipet outside of some super rare and discontinued ones has a downward price movement.

With this release the temporary speculators moved in.

But if you think that most of the people who are interested in the achievement kept their mini pets and didn’t sell them afterwards, then the fundamentals of this market aren’t much different than they were before, and minipet investment remains a sucker’s bet.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: mage.3570

mage.3570

^ Maybe I’m one of those suckers who invested big in minipets earlier (while prices were low), failed hard when minipet market collapsed (but was patient), and now cashing out big-time, I mean really big time

Been there, done that. What’s next?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ensign.2189

Ensign.2189

It’s going to be an interesting dynamic once this goes live. A lot of AP hunters were buying minis before for the achievement points, then selling them back on the TP. They never got sunk, they just went in circles around the player base.

When they start getting sunk for the new achievements we’ll get to see just how deep or short the real supply really is; I can see these crashing from people not wanting to account bind them for a few AP, or surging as the supply disappears.

This should be fun.