More RNG Dye packs

More RNG Dye packs

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

There is a post on reddit about data mining recent patch.

One of the things that stuck out was new Dye pack. Just like flame and frost. 6 New dyes, you have a 1 of 6 in 25 chance of getting one. so a pool of 25 dyes where 6 are new. This will be like flame and frost packs all over again. Please, please, please just make it 1 in 6 of getting one of these dyes and not a pool of 25 dyes most of which no one cares about. Or just sell the Dye pack directly instead of more RNG boxes.

I realize that this could all be wrong info and nothing is concrete until it’s released. But if you are considering this A net or this is true please rethink it.

Players would easily buy new dyes. But as far as I can tell personal experience or not, players do not like RNG chances at new dyes.

thanks for reading.

More RNG Dye packs

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: cranked.3812

cranked.3812

Can’t tell if serious…… Or delusional……

I can’t stand the RNG and I don’t ever buy anything from the gem store that is an RNG item (BL keys, dye packs etc…..)

However, many people are willing to put up with it and spend their money. These threads are a waste of time. If Anet wasn’t making money doing it this way, they would have stopped long ago and “just sold the dye packs”.

More RNG Dye packs

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: daimasei.4091

daimasei.4091

SOME players do not like RNG chances but SOME others do like it (RNG always release adrenaline which feel good and even more if you success).

Now, I don’t like RNG BUT if some people are willing to spend real money on it, so be it. More money for Anet, more game content for me.

Why fix the Necromancer for free when we can charge $$$ for the Revenant
-ArenaNet

More RNG Dye packs

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: FateOmega.9601

FateOmega.9601

Just wait for the other players to sell them on the tp. It will probably cost a lot but gem aren’t exactly cheap nowadays anyway.

More RNG Dye packs

in Black Lion Trading Co

KOPPER.1458

Extremely serious. Maybe I am Delusional.

More RNG Dye packs

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

My Gems are ready!

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

More RNG Dye packs

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Breaking Bad.6241

Breaking Bad.6241

Someone posted the codes on map chat and they look fantastic. I am hoping they make them drops from the Teq chest upon defeating him.

More RNG Dye packs

in Black Lion Trading Co

KOPPER.1458

While that would be awesome BB the data mining indicated they were gem sales and RNG I believe. Of course until it’s released nothing is set in stone.

More RNG Dye packs

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: sanictoofast.9317

sanictoofast.9317

I want some colors that are glorious none of this dimmed by darkness. Somehow my hair manages to glow in the dark, why not my armor?

More RNG Dye packs

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Buttercup.5871

Buttercup.5871

They’re all green?

More RNG Dye packs

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Someone have a link to this reddit post?

If they’re all green, that would make sense given the next Living Story update.

More RNG Dye packs

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

At least one of the dyes in the pack should be guaranteed new.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

More RNG Dye packs

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Helenorz.2547

Helenorz.2547

sigh. I’ve YET to find a Celestial White, while my friend has gotten two. RNG HURTS.

this is the same friend that managed to get precursors from the forge (Dusk, and some other ones) AND as drop (the Legend) since launch, while I FINALLY acquired my Storm from the forge two weeks ago.

RNG hates me.

More RNG Dye packs

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Just wait for the other players to sell them on the tp. It will probably cost a lot but gem aren’t exactly cheap nowadays anyway.

Gems cost exactly the same amount of money since release.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

More RNG Dye packs

in Black Lion Trading Co

KOPPER.1458

“At least one of the dyes in the pack should be guaranteed new.”

This is what I would love to happen. Sadly this doesn’t seem the direction of RNG Dye packs. The colors are all green to greenish in nature.

More RNG Dye packs

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: KenB.9536

KenB.9536

What does RNG stand for?

More RNG Dye packs

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

What does RNG stand for?

Random Number Generator.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

More RNG Dye packs

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: jazzllanna.1278

jazzllanna.1278

They’re all green?

They are all green. A couple are pretty bright- like a neon glow I guess.

More RNG Dye packs

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

2 options:
- 400 gems for 1 of 25 dyes (6 of which are new)
- 800 gems for 1 of 6 new dyes
everybody’s happy!
such an easy fix

More RNG Dye packs

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Jesseroo.8247

Jesseroo.8247

I just spent the gems for the 5 dyes and didn’t realize that it was an RNG…I thought it was 25 new colors. The best I got was an uncommon dye that has been in the game since the beginning. Color me sad.

More RNG Dye packs

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: guardiaN.1640

guardiaN.1640

2 options:
everybody’s happy!
such an easy fix

800gems for ONE dye and you’d be happy?

thanks for dat lol

edit: Anet is offering pure RNG and is willing to take real $$$ for that – good way to get rid of customers

why not ONE package with ALL new dyes for maybe 1000 gems – i BET a lot more ppl would buy that, even with real cash

(edited by guardiaN.1640)

More RNG Dye packs

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: TheMagickDoll.7594

TheMagickDoll.7594

Paying gems/real money for a.. “random chance” for a dye, yah.. no thanks. Great colors locked behind another absurd pay for a chance not pay for an exact item deal. I do not spend money on these type of items and never will. It angers me to no end that games get away with such non-sense. People are fools for even considering spending money on this type of stuff. A great game marred by a horrible gem shop.

More RNG Dye packs

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

I don’t buy dyes. closest I get is getting my guild’s colors. I was trying to help everyone else here.
I was also trying to show that guaranteed new dyes would cost a lot more than old dyes. the reason is that old dyes can be obtained from unid dye, which in comparison to their dye packs is free. if the average is 400 gems, and the old dyes are free, then the new dyes would be twice the price. except it’s 6/25 chance, so the new ones are actually 4x the price. 1600 gems per dye! woo!
if dyes were account-bound, I would actually collect them.

More RNG Dye packs

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: tolunart.2095

tolunart.2095

I just spent the gems for the 5 dyes and didn’t realize that it was an RNG…I thought it was 25 new colors. The best I got was an uncommon dye that has been in the game since the beginning. Color me sad.

Same thing happened with F&F dyes… and happens all the time IRL. People have a tendency to just skim over text instead of actually reading it, and it doesn’t always say what they think it says.

Way back when the F&F dyes came out I read the description and went “pay $12 for a bunch of dyes only to find out I could buy them on the TP for under 20 silver? Nooooooooope!” and never looked back.

More RNG Dye packs

in Black Lion Trading Co

tolunart.2095

edit: Anet is offering pure RNG and is willing to take real $$$ for that – good way to get rid of customers

why not ONE package with ALL new dyes for maybe 1000 gems – i BET a lot more ppl would buy that, even with real cash

Wrong on both counts. Anet doesn’t make decisions by throwing darts at a board.

They put weapon tickets in BL chests, then into their own boxes that sell on the TP and drop in game, then put them BACK in the BL chests. They’ve been selling dye packs since the game went live and did the same thing back in Feb with the Flame and Frost dyes.

They do this because they enjoy losing money and chasing customers away, right?

No, of course not. They do this because they know they will make MORE money this way than any other way. Just because you don’t agree with this method does not mean it’s unsuccessful. The fact is, most of the players (the ones who buy gems with real $ anyway) do not think the way you do. The cash shop is doing extraordinarily well, despite Anet ignoring “suggestions” that they offer things directly instead of through RNG, because they make a lot more money through RNG sales than they would if everyone could buy the same items directly.

More RNG Dye packs

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

2 options:
everybody’s happy!
such an easy fix

800gems for ONE dye and you’d be happy?

thanks for dat lol

Keep convincing yourself that.

Ever since the game released they have used RNG (Except for a few exceptions, such as Wintersday skins). If it works, they’re going to continue to use it.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

More RNG Dye packs

in Black Lion Trading Co

guardiaN.1640

Wrong on both counts. Anet doesn’t make decisions by throwing darts at a board.

They put weapon tickets in BL chests, then into their own boxes that sell on the TP and drop in game, then put them BACK in the BL chests. They’ve been selling dye packs since the game went live and did the same thing back in Feb with the Flame and Frost dyes.

They do this because they enjoy losing money and chasing customers away, right?

No, of course not. They do this because they know they will make MORE money this way than any other way. Just because you don’t agree with this method does not mean it’s unsuccessful. The fact is, most of the players (the ones who buy gems with real $ anyway) do not think the way you do. The cash shop is doing extraordinarily well, despite Anet ignoring “suggestions” that they offer things directly instead of through RNG, because they make a lot more money through RNG sales than they would if everyone could buy the same items directly.

the extreme abuse of their beloved RNG is the only reason that a lot of my friends and myself stopped (or never bought) buying gem-cards with real money. You are very wrong that this is only my opinion and customers will throw away money again and again.

Don’t get me wrong, if i dont get the dyes – it is ok for me – because i never payed with real cash for my gems due this hole rng – hell i have not even converted gold into gems for two months or more because i dislike their methods.

But if a casual person is paying good money for something they possibly will never get that way – it’s just wrong and i don’t understand people who think that’s ok.

(edited by guardiaN.1640)

More RNG Dye packs

in Black Lion Trading Co

tolunart.2095

Don’t get me wrong, if i dont get the dyes – it is ok for me – because i never payed with real cash for my gems due this hole rng – hell i have not even converted gold into gems for two months or more because i dislike their methods.

But if a casual person is paying good money for something they possibly will never get that way – it’s just wrong and i don’t understand people who think that’s ok.

Exactly. You don’t spend money on gems so Anet isn’t going to make any money from you, whether you buy the RNG lottery tickets or not. Their parent company is publicly traded and publishes financial info quarterly – GW2 and its cash shop have been profitable from the beginning. It has already been confirmed that people are spending millions of real dollars every month on the very things you dismiss as worthless.

It’s not that everyone will spend money on the RNG tickets, no one is stupid enough to believe that. But the ones who complain about it the most have no money to spend or don’t want to spend real money in the first place. But there are plenty of people with deep pockets who spend $100s or even $1000s each month on games like this, and they drive the cash shop sales, not hardcore players who grind 10 hrs a day for gold to convert to gems so they don’t ever have to spend money.

More RNG Dye packs

in Black Lion Trading Co

guardiaN.1640

haha “have no money to spend” made me giggle

you rly should take a look at over games (and other genres) and their shops.
LoL or other games like that

they release a super cool hero skin for maybe 2 bucks

not only the super rich guy will buy it, thousands will do

and by the way, a lot more ppl get satisfied

no need for RNG, even ppl with small pockets will come back

(and no, i dont play that game)

More RNG Dye packs

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: SeNoZinD.9874

SeNoZinD.9874

Does anyone know how long these dyes will be here? I’m assuming until the end of September but I dunno

More RNG Dye packs

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Jesseroo.8247

Jesseroo.8247

Same thing happened with F&F dyes… and happens all the time IRL. People have a tendency to just skim over text instead of actually reading it, and it doesn’t always say what they think it says.

Way back when the F&F dyes came out I read the description and went “pay $12 for a bunch of dyes only to find out I could buy them on the TP for under 20 silver? Nooooooooope!” and never looked back.

I read over the description a few times. The way I read it was wrong. I thought it was 25 new dyes with 6 sort of elite dyes you had a chance at. I don’t understand why they don’t just add the deathly dyes to the regular dye packs as a chance to drop while the event goes on instead of confusing people like this.

More RNG Dye packs

in Black Lion Trading Co

KOPPER.1458

I assume the dyes will be here until at least the 2nd week of October. They were just released a few days ago, can’t see them getting rid of them so quickly.

RNG sadly works for them. If you don’t like it (like me) then do not buy them. Sad because my necro would love a few of them (Algae for example). But I refuse to support RNG gambling. I’d done it far too often already.

More RNG Dye packs

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Osi.3504

Osi.3504

No one should be buying these dyes with gems or cash. They are so cheap right now it would be wiser to convert gems into gold if paying RL money, or just bid on them with in-game gold unless you just want to gamble, in that matter, good luck getting 2 per pack of 5

800 gems is idk, over 30 gold
550 gems cost 25 gold? 1-5 chance roughly for one dye
most dyes are 15g or less.

More RNG Dye packs

in Black Lion Trading Co

KOPPER.1458

that is a good point Osi but what is the conversion from gem to gold in order to buy these?

More RNG Dye packs

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Faowri.4159

Faowri.4159

RNG on things like dye is okay in my book. I don’t spend gems or money on them, but you are getting exactly what you’re buying – dyes. The colours are a surprise, but you get exactly what you purchased the item for, and if you don’t get the specific colour you want, you still have perfectly useful dyes that you can apply to a character or sell on the TP.

I find RNG much more unethical when it’s built around spending gems/real money on junk, with a chance at getting the thing you actually buy the item for – or worse, a chance at getting a scrap of junk which can, if you are crazy enough to buy more of the junk, be traded for that thing you want. And the consolation prizes are account-bound rubbish you probably already have twenty of.

That’s my definition of hateful RNG. But dyes, minipets, fine in my book.