Mystic Chest Recipe Deactivation

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: John Smith.4610

John Smith.4610

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: KwwB.3895

KwwB.3895

I assume this is why the servers wen’t down and BLTC is not accessible. ETA on when it will be up?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Crimsony.2514

Crimsony.2514

Why would this have anything to do with servers or TP going down?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Smetz.8502

Smetz.8502

So, after Monday there will be no way of creating a mystic forge conduit besides with pieces already in existence? If so, I can imagine the prices starting to go up.

Are there any plans of a different way of crafting this item, or will it be in a limited supply after this?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: God Of Fissures.8627

God Of Fissures.8627

It will be in a limited supply after this.

i7-3770K (Delidded) @ 4.6GHz | nVidia GTX TITAN X@ 1468/7800
ASUS Sabertooth Z77 | 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866MHz @ 2400MHz
Samsung 840 PRO 512GB SSD | Windows 10 x64

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: atrossity.6437

atrossity.6437

Well I hope they reopen up the chests at some point. I didn’t get a shot at making one because I wasn’t able to play for the past two weeks- and as limited as there are out there now, the price of the conduits will skyrocket.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Silverpoopoo.1476

Silverpoopoo.1476

Sigh. Today and last night I crafted and opened about 120 mystic chests in total, the entire time just hoping to get an exotic (infinite) Charged Potion.

Instead, I got two cold potions and two hard potions, lol. (You can see them here http://i.imgur.com/RevmC.jpg).

I was just wondering if there’s any way I could possibly trade them out for the other exotic potions that I’m missing, since my extra 2 potions are essentially worthless and just taking up inventory space (and unable to be resold). I really just wanted a Charged Potion because I love floating around as a glowing air elemental blob!

(edited by Silverpoopoo.1476)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: God Of Fissures.8627

God Of Fissures.8627

Silverpoopoo, you made a terrible mistake.

Since Mystic Chests are not going to be able to be created after tonight’s update, the price for them in the future will skyrocket. You can already see the price going up for them in the TP.

I have 30 of them so far and want to have 50 or so before the update tonight.

I am saving these for a rainy day. I already have my Conduit so I’ll be sitting on these until the right buyer comes along.

i7-3770K (Delidded) @ 4.6GHz | nVidia GTX TITAN X@ 1468/7800
ASUS Sabertooth Z77 | 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866MHz @ 2400MHz
Samsung 840 PRO 512GB SSD | Windows 10 x64

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Silverpoopoo.1476

Silverpoopoo.1476

Well I know they are going to appreciate in value, but all I really care about right now is getting an exotic Charged Potion from them. I have my own ways to make regular money so that’s not really a concern for the future. I was just wondering if there’s any recourse for me since I’ve gotten 2 extra exotic potions that I don’t need. I would really love to be able to trade them in or even mystic forge combine them into something else that’s useful.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Mana Vortex.7543

Mana Vortex.7543

Just to clarify, is this midnight at the start of Monday (00:00) or midnight at the end of Monday (Tuesday 00:00)?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: csebal.5936

csebal.5936

A very good question. Official clarification would be welcome.

As midnight by definition is the middle of the NIGHT, I would think that Monday midnight means the middle of Monday night, that is.. 00:00 Tuesday.

On the other hand I could consider this in a 24hr perspective, where time of day ranges between 00:00 and 23:59, so midnight (00:00) inherently would be at the start of each day.

I think the more literal approach is right, but for those not native in English, the term might be even more confusing.. not to mention that midnight is used not as much as a specific time of a specific day, but as the name for the turning point between two days.

As for the chest’s availability. I would not be surprised if they were to introduce new recipes that give out mystic chests. After all, all they said that the current ones will be gone, there was no talk about the possible inclusion of new ones.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Vesuvias.9326

Vesuvias.9326

I really hate this type of re balance. It gives entirely too much advantage to those that already have their conduits and those that have a great deal of money to exploit this information. It just reiterates that those who play a great deal have “extra” advantage over those that play very little, on top of just the time invested. It becomes exceedingly important to invest time early and often to take advantage of situations like this.

Conduits were 7g last night they will be 10g tommorrow and 20g-30g next week as supply drops to nothing. This is an artificial barrier to entry for new players and completely arbitrary and controlled by Anet.

Conduits are a tremendous convenience but not necessary. However the time they save is certainly very concrete and will give tremendous advantage to those playing on the TP.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: prism.4982

prism.4982

Silverpoopoo, you made a terrible mistake.

Since Mystic Chests are not going to be able to be created after tonight’s update, the price for them in the future will skyrocket. You can already see the price going up for them in the TP.

I have 30 of them so far and want to have 50 or so before the update tonight.

I am saving these for a rainy day. I already have my Conduit so I’ll be sitting on these until the right buyer comes along.

30?? Geez I thought I was being ‘clever’ by having 3 of them…

EDIT: nvm, i thought you were talking about conduits XD

(edited by prism.4982)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: PinkiePie.9764

PinkiePie.9764

7g last night for a conduit. 3.5g today. I’m sorry but what the actual kitten?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: MOITAPCHOI.9075

MOITAPCHOI.9075

7g last night for a conduit. 3.5g today. I’m sorry but what the actual kitten?

That is because everyone thought they would now be in the Black Lion Chests. On the official patch notes they said they would now come from the BL chests, however, in a separate post by Anet they said it was a mistake.
The market for them tanked since people thought you could get them from the BL chests. The prices should and have already climbed (5.6g each now). I am sure the price will go back up to 7g when people realize it was a mistake.

(edited by MOITAPCHOI.9075)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: csebal.5936

csebal.5936

Yea well, prices will fluctuate for a few days even without false rumors spread by devs to scare those weak minded trader wannabes.

Just imagine all those people buying up chests and whatnot thinking that they will make a killing come 8am GMT. Only to see that – oh noes – there still will be a source for these items (something any same person would have thought of in advance tbh :P). So they quickly rushed to “save” their precious investment before the influx of new items crashes the market, and in the process they crashed it themselves.

Also, I’m quite certain that they will eventually add these items to the BL chests and quite frankly I’m surprised they have not done so already. The initial announcement in the patch notes surprised me a lot less than the admittance of it being a mistake.

Who am I to complain though more money for me.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Economy.3096

Economy.3096

Yea well, prices will fluctuate for a few days even without false rumors spread by devs to scare those weak minded trader wannabes.

Just imagine all those people buying up chests and whatnot thinking that they will make a killing come 8am GMT. Only to see that – oh noes – there still will be a source for these items (something any same person would have thought of in advance tbh :P). So they quickly rushed to “save” their precious investment before the influx of new items crashes the market, and in the process they crashed it themselves.

Also, I’m quite certain that they will eventually add these items to the BL chests and quite frankly I’m surprised they have not done so already. The initial announcement in the patch notes surprised me a lot less than the admittance of it being a mistake.

Who am I to complain though more money for me.

Even if Anet does add conduits to BL chest drops (very unlikely in the first place), then it will likely have the same drop rate as perma merchants. Think about it, infinite use express mystic forge? Sounds too good to be true. Discontinued, express mystic forge? Anyone who does not currently invest in one is dearly missing out.

(edited by Economy.3096)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Fred Fargone.3127

Fred Fargone.3127

In every game, there will always be some super rare items in the end that were in the game at some point but later become hard/impossible to get. This was so in GW1, and I do hope this will be the case in GW2, since it adds sort of real-life like antique collections to the game.

People who can argue often offer a good and meaningful conversation about the subject.
People who can’t tend to call the opponent troll, scream something utterly incomprehensible
and finally result to personal insults.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Tyncale.1629

Tyncale.1629

I also think that the Mystic Forge will start to play a larger role as the game matures. RIght now most people probably see it as something for later use, when they are getting ready to get their legendaries.

I already use the Conduit on my travels to see which items that I have looted are recognized by the Forge as an ingredient, like the rare(yellow) Skulls that have no other use whatsoever. Recently found another such item, that seems seems to mix with the skull so that is rather exiting (please do not spoil the fun if you already know the recipe for this).

So the Conduit is very useful to me already. And since there is only the one Forge right now (Lions Arch)it will also save me silvers. It is easy to get to Lions Arch fro free (through the mists), however getting back to where you were is not.

Though I can see more forges being added in the future (cities).

(edited by Tyncale.1629)