New Hoodies

New Hoodies

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ishtar.6457

Ishtar.6457

Anet … WHAT THE HELL YO .. What were you thinking when releasing this horrible set??

New Hoodies

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ashadow.6874

Ashadow.6874

Totally going to spend 24,000 gems on those so all my characters can have them… along with buying 20 more char slots to place them on…

shakes head and what’s what happened

#SAB 2014 plx

#OccupySAB2014

New Hoodies

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: mrstealth.6701

mrstealth.6701

I’m not going to spend 5600-7200 gems (700-900 per char depending on hoodie type) for set of town clothes. Especially not when I have no place to store them while not in use, other than taking up valuable inventory/bank space. Putting an alternate set of gear/trinkets in that space is a much more important use.

We need one of two things (preferrably both of them) for these gemstore clothes to be reasonable options.
1) Something equal to the “Costume NPC” of Guild Wars. A way to retrieve a new copy of an outfit we have purchased.
2) A storage/collection section dedicated to town clothes so we have a place to store them without taking up valuable slot space.

The only “reason” I can figure out for not implementing a retrieval/re-creation mechanic is an expectation of us to buy multiple copies of a costume. But I doubt many people would do this. I think many of us (myself included) would be more likely to buy costumes with this mechanic in place. I didn’t buy the wintersday outfit because I did want to be forced to waste slot space on trivial/useless items. This isn’t an issue if I can retrieve the costume any time I want, or at least have a dedicated place to store it.

Footsteps Of War [FoW] | Yak’s Bend
Seer Of The Divine | Sarina Starlight | Tireasa | Caedyra

New Hoodies

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

As far as I’m concerned, it’s just another way for me to save money by not buying items in a failed cosmetic system. Every time I look at the town clothes I remember how much money I spent on costumes in Guild Wars 1 versus the zero money I have spent here. I’m voting with my dollars and if everyone did that, maybe they would change the way they handle costumes.

New Hoodies

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Cloud.7613

Cloud.7613

The design is laughable, I cannot even believe people would pay money, or even gold for it. But they might, so power to them.

New Hoodies

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: mrstealth.6701

mrstealth.6701

As far as I’m concerned, it’s just another way for me to save money by not buying items in a failed cosmetic system. Every time I look at the town clothes I remember how much money I spent on costumes in Guild Wars 1 versus the zero money I have spent here. I’m voting with my dollars and if everyone did that, maybe they would change the way they handle costumes.

I bought the Halloween costumes because I liked them. I regretted the decision when I realized they were stuck on just one character unless I went through the hassle of moving them around via the bank and shuffling around the default town clothes I did not want to destroy.

Those were the first and last costumes I will have in GW2 until this system is fixed to at least be on par with the one they managed to wedge/hack into GW1 years after release. This is coming from someone that bought every GW1 costume. Just another lesson learned in GW1 that seems to have been thrown out the window for no good reason.

Footsteps Of War [FoW] | Yak’s Bend
Seer Of The Divine | Sarina Starlight | Tireasa | Caedyra

New Hoodies

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Panda Shepard.1248

Panda Shepard.1248

I actually like them. I’m not going to buy them though because I don’t have enough bank space for costumes and town clothes for all my characters. I’m also not buying several sets. I wish you could just get one and all your characters could use them. Guess they can’t go back and do it now though ’cause people who have gotten several for all their characters would be upset.

I really love that they’re coming out with new town clothes but we need somewhere to keep them all too.

New Hoodies

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Pirlipat.2479

Pirlipat.2479

Are they townclothes or armorskins?

New Hoodies

in Black Lion Trading Co

Astral Projections.7320

Town clothes. Useless town clothes.

New Hoodies

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Bonefield.9813

Bonefield.9813

I love these new pieces and bought a set for my Mesmer immediately. I would love them more if I could wear them in combat! Because they’re awesome.

New Hoodies

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lyenyo.2891

Lyenyo.2891

My god, these had to have been made by the most uninspired artist in the world.

Surely they want to make money… give us something flashy !

New Hoodies

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Pirlipat.2479

Pirlipat.2479

Town clothes. Useless town clothes.

sigh I thought I finally found some leggins for my mesmer.

New Hoodies

in Black Lion Trading Co

Bonefield.9813

Most of the town clothes to date have been pretty flashy. I’ve been dying for something that just looks like casual, every day clothing and not an event/activity-specific costume, and the more of that they add, the more I’m likely to buy it.

I did almost hold off, because I think the whole town clothing system could use a rework (along with the transmutation and armor storage systems in general, but that’s a whole other subject). But more regular town clothing is something I’ve been asking for since launch, so they got my money. And I’m really pleased with how it looks on my Mesmer, since it fits his image and personality.

Attachments:

New Hoodies

in Black Lion Trading Co

Astral Projections.7320

Most of the town clothes to date have been pretty flashy. I’ve been dying for something that just looks like casual, every day clothing and not an event/activity-specific costume, and the more of that they add, the more I’m likely to buy it.

I did almost hold off, because I think the whole town clothing system could use a rework (along with the transmutation and armor storage systems in general, but that’s a whole other subject). But more regular town clothing is something I’ve been asking for since launch, so they got my money. And I’m really pleased with how it looks on my Mesmer, since it fits his image and personality.

There is nothing wrong with the way they look. But they are only good if you role play or stand in LA for long periods of time. I don’t roleplay and I’m not in LA except at the end of a game period when I am going over my inventory while chatting with friends. If they don’t have costumes that can be worn in combat, then for me, they are useless.

New Hoodies

in Black Lion Trading Co

Bonefield.9813

There is nothing wrong with the way they look. But they are only good if you role play or stand in LA for long periods of time. I don’t roleplay and I’m not in LA except at the end of a game period when I am going over my inventory while chatting with friends. If they don’t have costumes that can be worn in combat, then for me, they are useless.

I do RP, and honestly, I don’t see a lot of RPers use them, either. They’re only really useful…well, in town, and even among roleplayers, most of us spend the majority of our time out in the game world. That, and there are far more options for individual customization through armor skins. There’s just so little variety, and most of the stuff they’ve released so far is situational. Maybe that’ll change as they add more, but they’re still cumbersome to collect, store, and use.

Adding Costume Brawl skills was an interesting idea to try to add appeal to them, but I think they’re going to seem like a waste of perfectly good armor skins until they’re able to be worn without restrictions. And I think people would probably go nuts for them if they could be used as “universal” armor, without profession restrictions.

New Hoodies

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: cargan.5689

cargan.5689

No one asked the obvious why we have riding clothes with nothing to ride?

On the plus side at least if im passing a bunch of guys wearing hoodies and dark glasses haging in LA i can carry a flame thrower

Ulfar SOR

New Hoodies

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ursan.7846

Ursan.7846

I dunno guys, this looks pretty awesome.

http://i.imgur.com/RGdTQzk.jpg

New Hoodies

in Black Lion Trading Co

Bonefield.9813

No one asked the obvious why we have riding clothes with nothing to ride?

We have brooms! Although I think ANet may be having a little bit of fun with us now.

New Hoodies

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: gillius.2856

gillius.2856

they look cool but i want one with sleeves… also its nice to see something added to the gem store

New Hoodies

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

Seriously…how can you guys not like these? The hoodies look awesome!

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

New Hoodies

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Panda Shepard.1248

Panda Shepard.1248

they look cool but i want one with sleeves

Oh that would be nice.