New Wardrobe = Screwed?

New Wardrobe = Screwed?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Angelica Dream.7103

Angelica Dream.7103

I LOVE the idea for the new Wardrobe! I have been saying they needed this from the beginning. GW1 had that great costume vender, and different skins have been clogging up my inventory.

That said I do have a concern. I have bought the Pirate Town clothes for many (maybe 8?) of my characters. How will that be handled? It seems unfair that people that did not buy the pirate (or any outfits) will now get the outfit for all their characters for a one time purchase, when I had to buy them separately for all of mine.

So I am wondering how Anet handle this so that people that paid money and supported them will not be punished for buying duplicate outfits.

I also have an unopened Pirate Outfit Towns Outfit in storage. What should I do with that?

Thoughts?

New Wardrobe = Screwed?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

What do you mean with “punished” ?

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

New Wardrobe = Screwed?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

They helped the people who bought multiple soulbound harvesting tools. I suspect they know about this and there will be some sort of recompense. Granted the situation is not the same but I doubt they will not address this later when it goes live.

New Wardrobe = Screwed?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Sitkaz.5463

Sitkaz.5463

They helped the people who bought multiple soulbound harvesting tools. I suspect they know about this and there will be some sort of recompense. Granted the situation is not the same but I doubt they will not address this later when it goes live.

Yup—I love the new change but started to worry about gem store skins I’d bought and no longer have, then I remember how good they’ve been about sorting this stuff out. So I’m not going to worry until I hear all is vain!

New Wardrobe = Screwed?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Korossive.7085

Korossive.7085

You’ve put gems into multiple skins. It is easy to measure and compensate you.

Think of people who made 2 Twilights or 2 Bolts or 2 Incinerators, or combinations of more than 1 legendary type (and there are many). Not only can you not correctly estimate the time + effort they made – but they will never be compensated at all x.X

Good thing I’m not one of them :-D

Point of thought: Investing hours in ArenaNet products is not always good. Hmm…

New Wardrobe = Screwed?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

Korossive: However those legendary weapons are worth more than their skin. While the skin is cool, the real feature there is the ability to change it to any stat combination you want. So no I don’t think they were cheated.

I am interested because I did buy several skins more than once, for example 2 of the necro looking daggers. Will we get a refund? Not sure.

New Wardrobe = Screwed?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Hackuuna.4085

Hackuuna.4085

You’ve put gems into multiple skins. It is easy to measure and compensate you.

Think of people who made 2 Twilights or 2 Bolts or 2 Incinerators, or combinations of more than 1 legendary type (and there are many). Not only can you not correctly estimate the time + effort they made – but they will never be compensated at all x.X

Good thing I’m not one of them :-D

Point of thought: Investing hours in ArenaNet products is not always good. Hmm…

It will be interesting to see the price of Eternity drop significantly because of all this. I know personally if I still had my twilight I’d craft up a sunrise to merge and then sell seeing as I only wanted zerker stats on it anyway. If enough people felt the same way as me I’m sure the price would fall.

New Wardrobe = Screwed?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Jabberwock.9014

Jabberwock.9014

Sucks most for people with 2 incinerators etc. Always thought that was a dumb idea. Now I get 2 for 1.

Get stoned whenever you want:
Endless Petrification Tonic

New Wardrobe = Screwed?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lightyears.8624

Lightyears.8624

Sucks most for people with 2 incinerators etc. Always thought that was a dumb idea. Now I get 2 for 1.

No you don’t.

Those people with 2 incinerators get ascended level stats that can be switched out at any time on both weapons.

People skinning a legendary over an exotic do not.

New Wardrobe = Screwed?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: BIRDPUNCHER.8263

BIRDPUNCHER.8263

No you don’t.

Those people with 2 incinerators get ascended level stats that can be switched out at any time on both weapons.

Yeah, but, speaking as one of those people with two Incinerators, I don’t think I’ve ever changed the stats. Besides, if I decided I’d like, say, a carrion dagger instead of berserker, it would be cheaper to craft weaponsmithing 1 – 500 and build a new ascended dagger than it was to get a second legendary.

~bird princess~

New Wardrobe = Screwed?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Korossive.7085

Korossive.7085

No you don’t.

Yes, only you can reskin an El-Cheapo ascended and completely disregard your post.

New Wardrobe = Screwed?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: SeismicPanda.3605

SeismicPanda.3605

That said I do have a concern. I have bought the Pirate Town clothes for many (maybe 8?) of my characters. How will that be handled? It seems unfair that people that did not buy the pirate (or any outfits) will now get the outfit for all their characters for a one time purchase, when I had to buy them separately for all of mine.

So I am wondering how Anet handle this so that people that paid money and supported them will not be punished for buying duplicate outfits.

I also have an unopened Pirate Outfit Towns Outfit in storage. What should I do with that?

Thoughts?

I am in a similar predicament with the Aetherblade Heavy Armor skins. I bought two of them, one for my Guardian and one for my Warrior, but now that second purchase is redundant (and yet unopened, even!)

I hope they decide to refund the gems!

New Wardrobe = Screwed?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I bought 2 Marjory Dagger skins too. I’m sure ANet will refund us for the extra copies once the Apr 15th patch arrives.

New Wardrobe = Screwed?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Solo.9027

Solo.9027

I bought 2 Marjory Dagger skins too. I’m sure ANet will refund us for the extra copies once the Apr 15th patch arrives.

I just had a thought, what if they raise the price on stuff like this in the future because its now an account unlock? Would you be able to justify 800-1000gems on a single weapon skin?

New Wardrobe = Screwed?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

For a weapon skin I can now use across all my characters anytime I want for a Transmutation Charge? Yes, it would be worth it to me. Of course, other players would need to come to their own conclusion.

New Wardrobe = Screwed?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Hmm, I have a spare Executioner’s unopened because I split up the pieces but loved the boots. Now I’m quite saddened I won’t be able to use just the gloves or boots, but that’s not my question here:

What happens to outfits split up among characters? I have cooks and pirates and executioners etc with the pieces that suit specific alts. Likely the first one I log on unlocks the (all in one … grrrrrr!) skin for everyone, but then do I have pieces deleted or what? My Sylvari Guardian wears cook’s shirt/pants with starter boots for her town clothes and I love RPing her furling the leaves into the bark of her T3 when she armors up. Now it looks like that look is gone and having her swap back and forth will cost too much (yeah, I’m digressing back to that, sorry).

New Wardrobe = Screwed?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Charming Rogue.8071

Charming Rogue.8071

They still need to pay 1 charge per armor piece right? So in the end you’ll probably have saved some gems for buying complete sets for your alts.

Desolation – EU – [KING] – Immortal Kingdom

New Wardrobe = Screwed?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Angelica Dream.7103

Zaxares Reminded me that also bought 2 Marjory Dagger skins. One is not assigned yet, as I bought it for future use since this was a on e day offer.

So why was Anet letting us buy extras, knowing that it was a waste of money?

New Wardrobe = Screwed?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: nightwulf.1986

nightwulf.1986

Zaxares Reminded me that also bought 2 Marjory Dagger skins. One is not assigned yet, as I bought it for future use since this was a on e day offer.

So why was Anet letting us buy extras, knowing that it was a waste of money?

I would imagine that they kept the current system of purchasing skins up for two reasons. One: They believe that you made a valid purchase within the scope of the service as it was described at the time and you have also now been informed of the changes coming. So for any future purchases, you can make an informed decision as to whether or not you want the “convenience” of having two of the same gem store skins before the update. Two: Not everyone will actively pursue a refund for the issue you described and it’s possible that the numbers on that side are minimal if they did decide to compensate those asking. Often, but not always, you will find a risk assessment behind changes to the service that they think will lose them a significant amount of money. If they don’t look like they’re covering their bases with appeasing players with changes like this, it’s probably because it’s not worth the time spent on it.

(edited by nightwulf.1986)

New Wardrobe = Screwed?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Angelica Dream.7103

@nightwulf re: “One: They believe that you made a valid purchase within the scope of the service as it was described at the time”

But they put an item on sale knowing that in eight hours it would be useless if you bought two of them like I did! They could have put a limit on them. Also this topic was not covered in the next days news. More over they could have sold a non skin item.

All in all so far it is a cheep money grab. I hope Anet makes the correct decision and compensates the people that are supporting them.

New Wardrobe = Screwed?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Angelica Dream.7103

Official Word:

Thank you for contacting the Guild Wars 2 Support Team with your inquiry. I am happy to provide you with some general information related to the Feature Pack that we plan to release on April 15, 2014.

Prior to the release of any build, the Guild Wars 2 Support Team is not able to answer questions or process requests for refunds, exchanges, or other transactions related to the upcoming build. Information about upcoming features will be provided via our main website and the Customer Support Knowledge Base, which you will find on the following links:

Feature Pack Blogs: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/releases/feature-packs/
Customer Support Gameplay Knowledge Base: https://help.guildwars2.com/categories/20106471-Game-Support-Items-Characters-and-In-Game-Systems

In you need further assistance in relation to the April 15th Feature Pack, please contact us after the pack is released so that we can review your request at that time.

Regards,

GM Metatron

New Wardrobe = Screwed?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

It will likely play out like the infinite tools change — after the patch contact support to return your duplicate items.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

New Wardrobe = Screwed?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Official Word:

Thank you for contacting the Guild Wars 2 Support Team with your inquiry. I am happy to provide you with some general information related to the Feature Pack that we plan to release on April 15, 2014.

Prior to the release of any build, the Guild Wars 2 Support Team is not able to answer questions or process requests for refunds, exchanges, or other transactions related to the upcoming build. Information about upcoming features will be provided via our main website and the Customer Support Knowledge Base, which you will find on the following links:

Feature Pack Blogs: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/releases/feature-packs/
Customer Support Gameplay Knowledge Base: https://help.guildwars2.com/categories/20106471-Game-Support-Items-Characters-and-In-Game-Systems

In you need further assistance in relation to the April 15th Feature Pack, please contact us after the pack is released so that we can review your request at that time.

Regards,

GM Metatron

Support can only give answers and refunds according to rules they are given. Right now, since this patch is not yet in place, the new rules concerning refunds on duplicate or changed items either hasn’t been given to them or perhaps are not finalized. People who want refunds need to wait till after the patch when the new refund rules are also in place. If the answer is then not satisfactory, then that’s a good time to discuss it in the forums but right now it’s too early to contact support about this.

New Wardrobe = Screwed?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: FrozenStarRo.7240

FrozenStarRo.7240

I agree it’s too early to rush to support for refunds. I’m sure come patch day April 15 they will address all of these concerns, like they have with the changed Flamekissed Armor. For now just wait and see