Permanent Transmutation Charge

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Coodles.6198

Coodles.6198

Since we have other permanent items like hairstyle kit and bank access, it would be cool to see a perma trans charge that would be a rare drop in bl chests like the others. If they did implement an item like this, I could only see it being in bl chests since Anet wouldn’t want to cannibalize their own trans charge sales.

Thoughts?

(NA) (HoD) Leader of Cherry [BOMB]! Now recruiting new/experienced players!

(edited by Coodles.6198)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

I love the idea. I have a feeling it would become more expensive than the hair stylist though. Very desirable.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Coodles.6198

Yeah definitely. While I would love the hairstyle one, I would get more out of a perma trans charge. Could see it going for a lot on the TP.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Eric.6109

Eric.6109

Hopefully it will be introduced as a gem store item instead of black lion chests.

a.net: I will not be buying gems with cash until you fix traits.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Coodles.6198

Hopefully it will be introduced as a gem store item instead of black lion chests.

I doubt if they ever made it, it would be a straight gem store purchase. It would make buying/trading gold for regular ones pointless, eventually cannibalizing their own product. They would most likely introduce it in BL chests like the other perma items, so most people still have to get regular ones. Also it would boost people getting BL keys.

That’s the only real way I see it going down, if they ever pick up my idea.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

Considering you know get trasmu charges 100% by map completion, they could do it.
Would be as convenient as permanent mining tools.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Mckeone.9804

Mckeone.9804

I know I acquire transmute stones much faster from map completion on alts and sPvP than I can reasonably use them. But I also know I would buy a permanent transmute contract because then I could freely model outfits that other people could see and comment on in game, rather than having to paste screenshots of the preview window.

I bet JS has interesting statistics on per player acquisition and use rates.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

Have you ever seen any of the other Perma-kits in the Gem store? Not likely.

Perma tools replace something that is sold via GOLD. These items replace something that sells with GEMS……see the difference?

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

The question ANet would have to address is:

• How much cash do people spend to get transmutation charges now?
  • How much less would they spend if such an item existed?

I think ANet would have to price these too high.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

The only way this would be introduced is if too few people buy Transmutation Charges as opposed to farming them. I don’t have access to any numbers, but I’m willing to bet that they DO make a decent bit of people customising their look. As such, odds of us getting an item like this (as much as I’d like one) are extremely low.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Raire.7983

Raire.7983

How about a “permanent charge” that you apply to a particular item skin, then that skin becomes free to apply across your account? That wouldn’t need to be so rare – it could be a gem-store item for say 300-400 gems? I’d be interested in something like that – especially for novelty/festive skins, that I don’t necessarily want attached to gear all year round.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Coodles.6198

How about a “permanent charge” that you apply to a particular item skin, then that skin becomes free to apply across your account? That wouldn’t need to be so rare – it could be a gem-store item for say 300-400 gems? I’d be interested in something like that – especially for novelty/festive skins, that I don’t necessarily want attached to gear all year round.

I actually really like that idea too! Maybe make the cost of one of these be equivalent to 5 of the regular charges. Could also have them as rare drops in BL chests.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

This seems more likely to get a go-ahead. It’s still going to be expensive, but it doesn’t have to be priced out of everyone’s budget.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

It’s very possible. But it might be so rare, it’ll cost 4000+ gold.

If it is so easy to get, very few people will buy transmutation charges from gem store.