Precursor, 300, 800,1540 now 1850g

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Or how can you explain that some people can get 100 legendaries and the most not even one?

Your going to run into a political/ideological debate with this question. Most of the usual’s in the BLTC forums are American and with extremely high self interest. Even by US standards, they are extremely to the right of the majority. Now, why am I pointing this out, because they won’t see a problem with exclusivity!!! In fact, they want as much of it as possible to deny others as much as possible. How else are they going to justify how Awesome they are, F yeah!

Thus, when a person see’s a balance or “fairness” issue with item distribution and acquisition, this forum is NOT the place to present it. I believe the OP was just trying to express how they feel about Precursor’s rarity. Not saying the TP as a service is broken. Nor having anything to do with JS personally. As I believe he is given the parameters for the economy to follow, CPI etc.

btw… for the whole “they worked for it” argument, that bs has to stop. Work is not rewarded equally in this game. Not as long as this games reward system has the large lottery basis to it. Playing the same game mode, for a similar duration, with the same effort, can reward one player 10’s of gold. Meanwhile, this same game mode, duration, and effort can reward another player with thousands of gold. The was no extra “work” involved in the difference in earned income. And yes, this comes back to Precursors.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

In the spirit of the debate at hand, can someone tell me the current price for Venom, the Precursor for Kraitkin?

lol

You know they’re going to shrug it off when they see the price and say it doesn’t matter.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

In the spirit of the debate at hand, can someone tell me the current price for Venom, the Precursor for Kraitkin?

lol

You know they’re going to shrug it off when they see the price and say it doesn’t matter.

He can shrug it off all he wants, but it counters his claim that Precursor prices are broken.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

lol

He can shrug it off all he wants, but it counters his claim that Precursor prices are broken.

Or, it just shows that underwater combat/content is not loved

in Black Lion Trading Co

Smooth Penguin.5294

lol

Or, it just shows that underwater combat/content is not loved

That has nothing to do with prices being broken though. If the OP wants a Precursor so bad, he can easily get one for a fraction of the cost of Dusk.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zoxea.9564

Zoxea.9564

The concept of Legendary Weapon’s is: “Working hard to get ingredient, sooner or later.” Even if you put 6 months 1 year or 2. It is guaranteed, sooner or later, you get the ingredient.

Everyone has guaranteed to have sooner or later, an ingredient that has a price (extreme) increases again again and again? No, no guarantee, nothing.

For many people, get a precursor, it is to be a dog running around a tree to catch his own tail.

This ingredient with an extreme price, month after month after month is broken.

It is time to repair with craft or others because the guaranteed, today, is EXTREMELY broken.

(edited by Zoxea.9564)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Smooth Penguin.5294

I’ve gotten multiple Precursors, and each one I didn’t buy. Everything is working as intended. The only thing that’s broken is your assumption that you’re “Entitled” to a Precursor for a low cost. This argument is similar to a Middle Class single dad wanting to buy a Lamborghini, but that car price is “broken”.

Edit – I just realized that I did buy one Precursor (The Lover), so I apologize for my mistake. All the others were gotten from RNG.

(edited by Smooth Penguin.5294)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

I’ve gotten multiple Precursors

Ok, and more than likely there are those that have played longer, worked harder, and killed more than you yet, they do not.

For the general discussion, precursor prices began this upward trend about the same time, around March 17th. For such wide sweeping changes, this is the developer’s influence. So, to question the Developer’s choices is certainly viable.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

(edited by DeWolfe.2174)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Crossaber.8934

Crossaber.8934

I’m a PW2 pigeon and it’s not easy for me.

The concept of Legendary Weapon’s is: “worked hard to get.” Even if you put 6 months 1 year or 2. It is guaranteed, sooner or later, you get the ingredient.

Everyone has guaranteed to have sooner or later, an ingredient that has a price (extreme) increases again again and again? No, no guarantee, nothing.

For many people, get a precursor, it is to be a dog running around a tree to catch his own tail.

It is time to repair because the guaranteed, today, is EXTREMELY broken.

Where do you get the concept of guaranteed legendary. Can you show me link of dev reply or page of information? Did you take part in the game developing process?

I can understand making legendary as a goal to chase. i understand why rng is included because it will highly extend the overall progression time and ensure everyone no matter new or veteran player do get a chance to craft one when the precursor has chosen them.

What i don’t understand is which dev and game will make the most desired end game item to be guaranteed? To shorten the game life cycle? Let players finish thier legendary then move on to another game without regret? Your guaranteed legendary concept is interesting.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Zoxea.9564

They promised quests or craft which offers guaranteed to get sooner or later. The concept of GW2 is: You can stop the game and come back later, your work is not lost and you can continue where you left. This is the guaranteed.
http://www.gw2shop.net/topic-1532-annonce-colin-johanson-reaborde-la-question-des-precurseur

in Black Lion Trading Co

Ayrilana.1396

Prices naturally rise. Would you have an issue if they were made account bound and not sellable?

Edit: Actually, this is also a question I’d like to ask all those that are upset about the rising precursor prices.

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Smooth Penguin.5294

They promised quests or craft which offers guaranteed to get sooner or later. The concept of GW2 is: You can stop the game and come back later, your work is not lost and you can continue where you left. This is the guaranteed.
http://www.gw2shop.net/topic-1532-annonce-colin-johanson-reaborde-la-question-des-precurseur

He was speaking in terms of story. In terms of the economy, if you stop playing the game, you’re left FAR behind in terms of wealth. Just like in real life. If you quit your job for 6 months, and your friend keeps working, guess who would have more money.

Impossible for them to follow the price in the time.) is totally broken because the price of precursor is extremly broken days after days, months after months.

Let me address this directly. I’m in game, and I can put in a Buy Order for a Precursor (Venom) for 71 Gold, or I can buy it outright for 95 Gold. That is nowhere near your 1540 Gold price quote. So the prices are not “broken” as you claim. You just want the wrong Precursor.

(edited by Smooth Penguin.5294)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Tman.6349

Tman.6349

They promis.ed quests or craft which offers guaranteed to get sooner or later. The concept of GW2 is: You can stop the game and come back later, your work is not lost and you can continue where you left. This is the guaranteed.

He was speaking in terms of story. In terms of the economy, if you stop playing the game, you’re left FAR behind in terms of wealth. Just like in real life. If you quit your job for 6 months, and your friend keeps working, guess who would have more money.

Impossible for them to follow the price in the time.) is totally broken because the price of precursor is extremly broken days after days, months after months.

Let me address this directly. I’m in game, and I can put in a Buy Order for a Precursor (Venom) for 71 Gold, or I can buy it outright for 95 Gold. That is nowhere near your 1540 Gold price quote. So the prices are not “broken” as you claim. You just want the wrong Precursor.

With the introduction of the ‘Wardrobe’ system, how can you even compare/justify the price of one of the most sought after and highly demanded precursors that is usable on half of the game’s professions to one that is highly supplied, cheap, and virtually useless!?!?! This is an outrage and this game is broken!!!!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

That’s a good question.

With that in mind, if they made craftable precursors how much would it cost to make one? Equivalent to the Venom, or the equivalent of a Dusk/Dawn?

Just assuming they make it where the big money sink was t6 mats. We’d be looking at less than a stack for the cash equivalent match for Venom, while we’d be looking at well over 10 stacks for the Dusk.

So if they were to make precursors craftable how would they set them? To match Zap/Dusk/Dawn, or to match Venom, or somewhere in the middle like Storm? Would that affect the prices of precursors all around? Would they vary the recipes to stabilize the prices?

How much would the craftable precursors cost to make?

Interesting point smooth.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

heres what broken means in this context.

It means the supply of the item is not in line with demand, such that the item is a reasonable goal.

Irl, even luxury items tend to increase in production as the demand increases.

essentially, the question is, what was the goal of thier design, was it for people to be able to get a precursor after 2 months of normal play? 3 months? a year?
then they can measure and see how well it is performing to that expectation, they can also look at what type of play is closest to whatever target they were aiming for.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Buttercup.5871

Buttercup.5871

heres what broken means in this context.

It means the supply of the item is not in line with demand, such that the item is a reasonable goal.

Irl, even luxury items tend to increase in production as the demand increases.

essentially, the question is, what was the goal of thier design, was it for people to be able to get a precursor after 2 months of normal play? 3 months? a year?
then they can measure and see how well it is performing to that expectation, they can also look at what type of play is closest to whatever target they were aiming for.

This.

Other than that: if you tie the goal too much to gold, it will be increasingly hard to reach for someone starting the game. That is why precursor crafting has become essential. Now you will say “but then the t6 market will simply explode”! I say baloney. Anet can regulate any component of the legendary by turning a few knobs or designing content that generates excessive amounts of the scarce material in question (such as the gauntlet farm).

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Crossaber.8934

Crossaber.8934

It is time to give us new sets of legendary, different or none precursor needed, use up the ascended mat or even use up new legendary mat that is mostly acc bound. Time gated so the most hardcore players and the most casual players will finish their new legendary around 6 months to 10 months. So as to reduce the demands of T6, and current precursors.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Woljnir.7810

Woljnir.7810

Honestly, some of us just have to give up on ever getting a Legendary. I know I did. It hurts having to come to that realization, but we have to think logically. I can make decent enough gold if I try, but I just don’t have the playstyle or time really to grind endless amounts of gold while also enjoying content. When I’m able to play this game, I want to play it, not grind. Because of that, I’ve accepted I won’t be having even one Legendary, so that makes it all the worse when grouping with people who have all Legendary skins for their weapon sets xD.

Precursors are, were, and always will be, the problem. While yes, the TP is functioning as a well-oiled machine when it comes to economics, the problem is inherently the way Legendaries and precursors were set up. I believe precursors should NEVER have been a market players can control. It was absolutely inevitable that where we are now was always going to be the end result: way too rare to get by luck, way to expensive to buy (for the standard, casual player). Making the precursor actual weapons was also a mistake. If the precursor was available from the forge vendor just as an item for a constant, solid price there would be no problem at all. It could be bought with gold, 1500-2000 skillpoints, couple million karma, however the player could afford it (just throwing numbers out there). Then everyone truly could get one if they wanted. The grind for everything else is what makes it a Legendary. It would still take the standard player who has minimum gold to spend on items that aren’t required to be bought several months to acquire the other 3 gifts.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Izaya.2906

Izaya.2906

The concept of Legendary Weapon’s is: “Working hard to get ingredient, sooner or later.” Even if you put 6 months 1 year or 2. It is guaranteed, sooner or later, you get the ingredient.

It is time to repair with craft or others because the guaranteed, today, is EXTREMELY broken.

Highest buy offer for dusk is 1300g right now. You can do 30g a day without TP flipping or hugely lucky drops, so that’s like 44 days for a precursor, and it costs roughly 1300g for the rest of the mats. That’s 3 months for a whole legendary.

You’re hugely overestimating how long it takes to get it done.

If other people can buy precursors by simply farming, it only shows that someone who is a “a dog running around a tree to catch his own tail” is simply not trying hard enough or doing it wrong.

And as soon as Anet is crazy enough to make it too easy to acquire precursors, I’m 100% sure people will be whining alot more about T6 mats/lodestones/fine mats being too expensive and other crafting non-legendary costs going sky high as collateral damage(mainly exotic and ascended grade gear which involves a greater amount of the playing population compared to legendary weapon crafters).

in Black Lion Trading Co

Buttercup.5871

Highest buy offer for dusk is 1300g right now. You can do 30g a day without TP flipping or hugely lucky drops, so that’s like 44 days for a precursor, and it costs roughly 1300g for the rest of the mats. That’s 3 months for a whole legendary.

If other people can buy precursors by simply farming, it only shows that someone who is a “a dog running around a tree to catch his own tail” is simply not trying hard enough or doing it wrong.

And as soon as Anet is crazy enough to make it too easy to acquire precursors, I’m 100% sure people will be whining alot more about T6 mats/lodestones/fine mats being too expensive and other crafting non-legendary costs going sky high as collateral damage(mainly exotic and ascended grade gear which involves a greater amount of the playing population compared to legendary weapon crafters).

30g day is not the standard. I can make that by flipping but most cannot through grinding. Most adults do not have a full day to spend on a game, anyway, so you gotta think “evenings” rather than “days”. Which is 4 hours max, say 10g average per evening which includes other expenses (crafting, ascended sinks etc.) You can’t do 130 evenings straight in a row so multiply that by two or three. So now you’re looking at 1 year minimum. Except that in 1 year the price of your coveted precursor may have doubled. Oh, and we haven’t yet accounted for the other materials necessary for the legendary.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Ayrilana.1396

30g day is not the standard. I can make that by flipping but most cannot through grinding. Most adults do not have a full day to spend on a game, anyway, so you gotta think “evenings” rather than “days”. Which is 4 hours max, say 10g average per evening which includes other expenses (crafting, ascended sinks etc.) You can’t do 130 evenings straight in a row so multiply that by two or three. So now you’re looking at 1 year minimum. Except that in 1 year the price of your coveted precursor may have doubled. Oh, and we haven’t yet accounted for the other materials necessary for the legendary.

You can make roughly 4.32 gold per character node farming ori ore and ancient logs. This takes about 20 min per character. You do not need to play all day to make that much gold.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: DarkSpirit.7046

DarkSpirit.7046

Or how can you explain that some people can get 100 legendaries and the most not even one?

That’s easy … someone worked to get 100 legendaries … someone else didn’t do enough to even get one. That’s not an economy problem and if anything, your example illustrates this beautifully … A working economy does indeed separate 100 legendary people from zero legendary people, AS INTENDED.

While people can argue the legendary system doesn’t work, that’s not indicative of how the economy as a whole DOES work. Again, I think it’s worth noting that as much as ignorant people consider the economy to be broken, the way it works is intended and confirmed as such by the experts at the helm of it at Anet.

Except that it is NOT AN ISOLATED economy. The GW2 economy is connected to the real world economy by way of the gem store because people can always convert real money to gold Rich people out in the real world, can move some of their wealth over and still be rich in GW2 without investing too much in terms of playing time.

Having legendaries doesn’t prove that you are a better player. It just means you are richer in the game.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Ayrilana.1396

That’s easy … someone worked to get 100 legendaries … someone else didn’t do enough to even get one. That’s not an economy problem and if anything, your example illustrates this beautifully … A working economy does indeed separate 100 legendary people from zero legendary people, AS INTENDED.

While people can argue the legendary system doesn’t work, that’s not indicative of how the economy as a whole DOES work. Again, I think it’s worth noting that as much as ignorant people consider the economy to be broken, the way it works is intended and confirmed as such by the experts at the helm of it at Anet.

Except that it is NOT AN ISOLATED economy. The GW2 economy is connected to the real world economy by way of the gem store because people can always convert real money to gold Rich people out in the real world, can move some of their wealth over and still be rich in GW2 without investing too much in terms of playing time.

Having legendaries doesn’t prove that you are a better player. It just means you are richer in the game.

Lol… No.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

30g day is not the standard.

Having a Legendary is not the standard either, so that seems to be appropriate from a game design standpoint.

Server: Devona’s Rest

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

The economy in this game fails. Not because the economy itself fails, it fails because the economy has no symbiotic relationship to the possibilities of the playerbase.

Or how can you explain that some people can get 100 legendaries and the most not even one? The system how it is at the moment does NOT fit to the game. The normal way of farming is not competitive with the TP.

Because those people who can afford all those legendaries worked hard for it?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lothirieth.3408

Lothirieth.3408

I’ve gotten multiple Precursors, and each one I didn’t buy. Everything is working as intended. The only thing that’s broken is your assumption that you’re “Entitled” to a Precursor for a low cost. This argument is similar to a Middle Class single dad wanting to buy a Lamborghini, but that car price is “broken”.

Why do you always take things to such extremes and purposefully mischaracterise people and/or their desires?

People want a more concrete way to work towards a precursor, then from you we usually get something like: “All you want to be is lazy and have things handed to you!!!!” Your trolling is tiresome.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Ayrilana.1396

Why do you always take things to such extremes and purposefully mischaracterise people and/or their desires?

People want a more concrete way to work towards a precursor, then from you we usually get something like: “All you want to be is lazy and have things handed to you!!!!” Your trolling is tiresome.

He’s not being extreme in his example. Precursors are a luxury item like a Lamborghini. People running under the assumption that precursors should be affordable for everyone is no different than arguing the Lamborghini’s should be made affordable to everyone. People are also completely ignoring the supply and demand effects. Would you prefer that they be craftable but account bound?

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Smooth Penguin.5294

Because this debate is over the desire of the OP to have a luxury item, my real life example fits perfectly. If you want a Louis Vuitton purse, you have to pay the price. If you want that Lamborghini, you pay the price. If you can’t afford it, either work hard so you can afford it, or seek something else.

There’s an old saying: Live within your means. If you work for $10/hour, don’t expect to be walking around in a Prada suit. But in this game, as with real life, you can if you work hard towards that goal.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Jerus.4350

Precursors are a luxury item like a Lamborghini. He’s not being extreme in his example. Would you prefer that they be craftable but account bound?

Man if I could randomly have my paycheck yield a Lambo I’d be so happy. But… it doesn’t work that way But it does in this game. Luxury items based on luck seems to warrant at least some frustration.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Ayrilana.1396

Precursors are a luxury item like a Lamborghini. He’s not being extreme in his example. Would you prefer that they be craftable but account bound?

Man if I could randomly have my paycheck yield a Lambo I’d be so happy. But… it doesn’t work that way But it does in this game. Luxury items based on luck seems to warrant at least some frustration.

Yep. It’s a lot easier in this game because there are less restrictions on how you can earn money. It all relies on how much effort you want to put into it. Whereas in real life you’re limited by your job(s).

in Black Lion Trading Co

Smooth Penguin.5294

Can you imagine what it would be like if McDonalds had an RNG that had a chance to reward a Lamborghini for each hour you worked? There would be zergs of people trying to apply for a job.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Jerus.4350

Yep. It’s a lot easier in this game because there are less restrictions on how you can earn money. It all relies on how much effort you want to put into it. Whereas in real life you’re limited by your job(s).

But that’s the thing, you’re not earning a random precursor drop, you’re just getting it. Second day one of my friends was back to the game he got “The Legend”, we were running the same dungeon, I got my normal 1-2 gold, he got his 1k+. You can’t really call that luck effort, it simply isn’t. Now a lot of people have had to save up and buy their precursors, they had to put the effort in. Hell I bet many have gambled hoping to save money, ended up spending more than they wanted to gave up and then bought the precursor, spending way more effort than most. In the end the luck factor is a HUGE element of the game and that really detracts from the “hard work” argument.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: TheFamster.7806

TheFamster.7806

You cannot work towards something that is RNG. Precursor drop itself is already RNG and the dismal drop rate proves it. Precursor also isn’t a luxury item but a part of component that leads to the luxury.

When you are working towards something, there is a definite goal. Sure in means of achieving goal there are little bit of RNG involved, but in this case the RNG takes over 1/4 of the entire goal, which means one has to be extremely lucky rather than skilled.

To all those RNG believers, if anet decides to award precursors based on skills rather than actual luck, I bet majority of you including myself won’t ever get another precursor.

Just because you were extremely lucky in many ways (BLTP/Life, etc) that doesn’t entitle you to judge and mock those who simply want precursors in other way other than RNG. Just remember that RNG works both ways for you (in game and real life) and be cautious of what you write/say.

Tour

in Black Lion Trading Co

Jerus.4350

Can you imagine what it would be like if McDonalds had an RNG that had a chance to reward a Lamborghini for each hour you worked? There would be zergs of people trying to apply for a job.

Mhm, and that’s why a video game isn’t really comparable to real life. People don’t just hand out winning lottery tickets for your normal daily tasks. Sure you can gamble, but gambling costs money, you don’t do it for free while making money. But that does happen in this game.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Buttercup.5871

He’s not being extreme in his example. Precursors are a luxury item like a Lamborghini. People running under the assumption that precursors should be affordable for everyone is no different than arguing the Lamborghini’s should be made affordable to everyone. People are also completely ignoring the supply and demand effects. Would you prefer that they be craftable but account bound?

Craftable: yes. Account bound: I don’t care, the result is positive both ways. And yes this requires active monitoring on Anets part on other legendary components.

To be clear I’m loaded, this is not about me wanting stuff easy. I can skip the precursor part and buy legendaries straight up. It’s me being concerned about the health of this game. The healthier the state of the game, the better it is for me. The broken promises on precursor crafting are getting increasingly hard for people to swallow.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Zoxea.9564

Kodumio.1234 played 24 hours without stopping. He received the ingredient “precursor”.

Random.9876 played for 24 days, 1 hour per day. He did not get the ingredient “precursor” as prices increased.
Random.9876 continued, it replays for 24 days, 1 hour per day. He did not get the ingredient “precursor” as prices increased.

Random.9876 worked 48 hours and is not paid for his work.

Colin Johanson said:
We still plan to do both new legendary weapons, as well as a clear path (on top of the current random chance) to gain precursors which players can see their progress and understand how much work they have left to do to gain it.

It’s time to offer the guaranteed to get the ingredient “precursor” because many people work hard for NOTHING.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Smooth Penguin.5294

Kodumio.1234 played 24 hours without stopping. He received the ingredient “precursor”.

Random.9876 played for 24 days, 1 hour per day. He did not get the ingredient “precursor” as prices increased.
Random.9876 continued, it replays for 24 days, 1 hour per day. He did not get the ingredient “precursor” as prices increased.

Colin Johanson said:
We still plan to do both new legendary weapons, as well as a clear path (on top of the current random chance) to gain precursors which players can see their progress and understand how much work they have left to do to gain it.

It’s time to offer the guaranteed to get the ingredient “precursor” because many people work hard for NOTHING.

Or you can buy a Precursor on the TP for less than 100 Gold. That’s your best option until the Precursor crafting comes out. But as I warned in the past, don’t expect the crafting to be easy or cheap.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Buttercup.5871

Colin Johanson said:

While what you say about Colin’s words is generally correct, I will just quote my verbatim transcription of his words in order to avoid any debate about them by others:

Colin Johanson: “The other thing that you’ll see this year is you will [Colin’s emphasis] see the ability to build a precursor. It’s not going to be next week, it’ll probably be – you know – as we get closer to the end of the year, but we’re absolutely going to add that support so that you can make your own precursor and feel like you’re making progress towards putting one of those together. Very likely it’s going to be through crafting, we haven’t completely finalized that, but I think it’s more than likely where that’s all going to drop in.”

Pax, 3 September 2013.
http://youtu.be/Jy7CcwnfUdU
See 13:25 to 13:50.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

just because a ferari is expensive doesn’t give everyone the right to get it, at times prices go up as the demand is high while the supply is low.
i really don’t see what the whole deal is, is it so important to have a precursor?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Ayrilana.1396

Craftable: yes. Account bound: I don’t care, the result is positive both ways. And yes this requires active monitoring on Anets part on other legendary components.

To be clear I’m loaded, this is not about me wanting stuff easy. I can skip the precursor part and buy legendaries straight up. It’s me being concerned about the health of this game. The healthier the state of the game, the better it is for me. The broken promises on precursor crafting are getting increasingly hard for people to swallow.

Well the issue with them making it drop account bound is that it is now tied entirely to RNG on whether they can get a precursor. Players can no longer work for it as it is out of their hands. Anyone that favors this really has no reason to complain about current precursor prices as they’re totally willing to rely on RNG and whatever they list for has no impact on them. It’s more so that they’re jealous that others can acquire precursors quicker than them.

For craftable precursors, do you not expect the cost to craft them to be the same as the ones dropped? The cost for the components to craft them would likely skyrocket just as component prices did when ascended crafting was released. Players will not be any better off than they are now. In fact, they may be worse off as those components likely would be used for other items that are desirable.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Zoxea.9564

And no, the legendary weapons are not luxury cars…

Legendary weapons are, it’s magic: “Legendary weapons”. You know? Being a hero, explore the world, killing people in the mists, explore dungeons and other’s…

in Black Lion Trading Co

Smooth Penguin.5294

Legendary weapons are, it’s magic: “Legendary weapons”. You know? Being a hero, explore the world, killing people in the mists, explore dungeons and other’s…

Legendaries are Magical LUXURY weapons.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Ayrilana.1396

Lamborghini’s are luxury items. Legendary weapons are luxury items. Is that better? Their category as car or weapon doesn’t matter as they are luxury items.

in Black Lion Trading Co

TheFamster.7806

This is funny how people compare a game item to real life luxury lol. Do you really have to justify the RNG in game by comparing your item to a real life luxury? Just because you compare a legendary to Lambo/Ferrari don’t even think for one second that is true. Legendaries are meant to be achieved by gamers while luxurious cars target different customers. Unless legendaries suddenly become available only by real life currency, please don’t make such ridiculous comparison

Tour

in Black Lion Trading Co

Ayrilana.1396

This is funny how people compare a game item to real life luxury lol. Do you really have to justify the RNG in game by comparing your item to a real life luxury? Just because you compare a legendary to Lambo/Ferrari don’t even think for one second that is true. Legendaries are meant to be achieved by gamers while luxurious cars target different customers. Unless legendaries suddenly become available only by real life currency, please don’t make such ridiculous comparison

What’s more ridiculous is that you completely miss the point of our arguments. Rather than rephrase them for the n’th time, please read over them again. Thanks.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Smooth Penguin.5294

Please tell me where it says that all players are Entitled to a Legendary? Just because all players are capable of getting one, doesn’t mean they all deserve one.

in Black Lion Trading Co

TheFamster.7806

What’s more ridiculous is that you completely miss the point of our arguments. Rather than rephrase them for the n’th time, please read over them again. Thanks.

I’m so sorry but you are against any form of crafted precursor because…? Of course other base mats might go up but that is totally up to the speculation of how anet will decide to release craftable precursor. In fact anet hasn’t released anything and the OP is merely suggesting that maybe there is something anet can do about the price of precursors. And yet you choose not to listen to any form of argument and keep asserting that everything is fine.
Is defending RNG that important to you? Is it more important than suggestions of many players and the promise of anet? Because I thought users were allowed to express own opinions and raise issues but you keep bashing any form of argument.

Tour

in Black Lion Trading Co

TheFamster.7806

Please tell me where it says that all players are Entitled to a Legendary? Just because all players are capable of getting one, doesn’t mean they all deserve one.

I never said they are “entitled” Please do quote me on that usage of vocabulary. I said they should be achievable, which could mean from RNG to crafted/hunted. RNG is not a measure of skill or knowledge of this game. Players who have been playing this game for many hours are still hindered and crippled by RNG system. I’m not asking for “entitled” legendary. I’m simply saying that there should be another way to acquire 1/4 of legendary other than RNG.

Tour

in Black Lion Trading Co

Ayrilana.1396

I’m so sorry but you are against any form of crafted precursor because…? Of course other base mats might go up but that is totally up to the speculation of how anet will decide to release craftable precursor. In fact anet hasn’t released anything and the OP is merely suggesting that maybe there is something anet can do about the price of precursors. And yet you choose not to listen to any form of argument and keep asserting that everything is fine.
Is defending RNG that important to you? Is it more important than suggestions of many players and the promise of anet? Because I thought users were allowed to express own opinions and raise issues but you keep bashing any form of argument.

I’m not against precursors being crafted. However, prices for the components will increase which should be pretty obvious. A lot of these components would likely be used for the other parts to craft a legendary so you’re not making things any easier. If it’s account bound components, then expect them to be greatly time gated as they’re stated before that they don’t want craftable precursors to hurt the existing market.

Anet has also said that the economy in the game is a free market and that the price is determined by supply and demand. This was intended. They’ve also stated that precursors are luxury items which are normally expensive. They will not interfere with the drop rate or prices as they’ve stated a few times. Feel free to look back on a john Smith’s comment history if you want more info.

I’m also not defending RNG which would have been evident had you read my posts. What I have been arguing is that casual players can put in the effort to farm gold to purchase what they need off the TP if they don’t like the method of acquiring components as drops. All players, poor and wealthy, have this option. Players with limited play time can farm for gold and earn a decent amount pretty easily.

I’m not telling people that they shouldn’t express their opinions.

in Black Lion Trading Co

TheFamster.7806

I’m not against precursors being crafted. However, prices for the components will increase which should be pretty obvious. A lot of these components would likely be used for the other parts to craft a legendary so you’re not making things any easier. If it’s account bound components, then expect them to be greatly time gated as they’re stated before that they don’t want craftable precursors to hurt the existing market.

Anet has also said that the economy in the game is a free market and that the price is determined by supply and demand. This was intended. They’ve also stated that precursors are luxury items which are normally expensive. They will not interfere with the drop rate or prices as they’ve stated a few times. Feel free to look back on a john Smith’s comment history if you want more info.

I’m also not defending RNG which would have been evident had you read my posts. What I have been arguing is that casual players can put in the effort to farm gold to purchase what they need off the TP if they don’t like the method of acquiring components as drops. All players, poor and wealthy, have this option. Players with limited play time can farm for gold and earn a decent amount pretty easily.

I’m not telling people that they shouldn’t express their opinions.

I’m sorry but even when anet says they will keep the economy “free market”, they’ve already nerfed and intervened on many mats/items for instance the Frostgorge farm and Queensdale train. In fact there were many more interventions to keep the “free market” and yet one it comes to precursors they wouldn’t intervene? And casual players cannot simply generate 1000g+ match the increase of price on precursor. Idk what your definition of casual is, but I’m pretty sure I’ll find someone with Yakslapper title faster than a casual with legendary.

Tour